Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,240 members, 7,829,438 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 06:56 AM

Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion - European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) (1429) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) / Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion (8772264 Views)

Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 / Manchester United Fan Thread: Premier League Champions 2010/11 / Manchester United Fan thread: Forever Reds (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (1426) (1427) (1428) (1429) (1430) (1431) (1432) ... (14173) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by leggo: 4:59pm On Feb 17, 2015
lol.. pk or not, why are you insulting your parents If you have a different opinion as to what Wazza should have done, talk, don't come here ascribing your familial attributes to us.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by elampiro(m): 5:08pm On Feb 17, 2015
see at night
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by adebayo201: 5:08pm On Feb 17, 2015
On top PK!

May God help us!
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by coogar: 5:11pm On Feb 17, 2015
i can't see anyone insulting parents here - what are these herbs reading?
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by elampiro(m): 5:16pm On Feb 17, 2015
was it not Gerald who got sent off for a reckless tackle , playing against us even though he had no contact with our player?

later jor
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Leyqute(m): 5:18pm On Feb 17, 2015
Yes, Rooney has been lazy in the past few games buh hanging him for that penalty is simply wicked. He beat the last defender and ran after the ball at full speed. The keeper rushed out and stretched out his leg with viscous force. What do you expect him to do? Stay on his feet and miss the rest of the season due to a broken feet? C'mon!

And coogar, comparing his situation to carzola's is simply off. Cazorla wasn't at full speed and NC's keeper wasn't rushing out with studs outstretched. He even had the time to pause and take a good shot.

Please cut Rooney some slack. He sometimes performs horribly -even yesterday he had some of those horrible moments- but concerning the PK ish he did well.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by coogar: 7:20pm On Feb 17, 2015
Leyqute:
Yes, Rooney has been lazy in the past few games buh hanging him for that penalty is simply wicked. He beat the last defender and ran after the ball at full speed. The keeper rushed out and stretched out his leg with viscous force. What do you expect him to do? Stay on his feet and miss the rest of the season due to a broken feet? C'mon!

your argument is laughable!
so rooney not staying on his feet was the reason he fell down? if the goalie's leg made no contact at all & rooney jumped over it, why did rooney fall down? what brought him down? why did rooney hang his trailing leg to initiate contact by all means?

it's one thing to admit he dived & that is what a sensible player ought to do in such a scenario to guarantee a win for his team. it's another thing to argue rooney didn't dive at all and what happened was not simulated. did he dive? yes. was it the right thing to do to gain advantage & get a win for his team? yes

And coogar, comparing his situation to carzola's is simply off. Cazorla wasn't at full speed and NC's keeper wasn't rushing out with studs outstretched. He even had the time to pause and take a good shot.

cazorla was off balance.....he had every right to fall down and win a penalty but he kept on. rooney knew the goalie was coming at him. he knew the goalie would try to sweep.....he anticipated the lunge & jumped over it - he could have continued the run. if the tackle came from his blind side then you can argue.

Please cut Rooney some slack. He sometimes performs horribly -even yesterday he had some of those horrible moments- but concerning the PK ish he did well.

he did well because you support united - if we get the same decision against us, please do not complain. i complained when sturridge deceived the ref last season and got vidic sent off & by the same token, i am complaining now that the decision favoured us.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by elampiro(m): 7:28pm On Feb 17, 2015
I don't even know when shot on target has become so an important stat sef. Some keep saying Rooney's shot yesterday was his only shot on target in 2015. Wrong!

Feb 3 Man United vs Cambridge.
Shot on target.
Rooney 3
RVP 2
Rojo 1
Di Maria 1
Mata 1
Wilson 1

Rooney also had the highest shots- 6 even though he was in midfield. Why is it that any issue or stat that has to do with Rooney or Phil Jones that becomes an important stat or highlight? I am yet to see gif on Smalling terribly defending in the last two games. After every game I can be rest assured that when I come here any negative highlight about Rooney will be over emphasized and over flogged.

Yesterday there was a big difference between Rooney's game and Falcao's. In striking position, Rooney was always better positioned and he played Fellaini free in the box with a clever first touch in the very first minute but the big Belgian was too slow to run and then allowed someone to close him. When both dropped deep into the attacking midfield area, Falcao was very uncomfortable on the ball and made his passes in panic whereas Rooney held the ball and looked up to pick his passes comfortably. Yet it was Rooney who was returning to the striking role for the first time in many games. We have been patient with other strikers but we easily tored into Rooney the very first 45 minutes he returned to the striking position. No wonder God favoured him at the end.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by elampiro(m): 7:39pm On Feb 17, 2015
Rooney couldn't have even stayed on his feet at the speed the incidence happened and the excessive force and recklessness with which the goalkeeper swept at him. Even looking at the excessively slowed gif here revealed how Rooney jumped with his feet bent backwards, how would he have stayed on his feet after such a speeding incidence?
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by elampiro(m): 7:50pm On Feb 17, 2015
What do yopu guys think about Ashley Young? Does he always get to start now? If yes, where does Di Maria playa and what will be the formation? Young has an advantage of cutting back from the left wing and whip a cross into the box with his right foot. This makes him very unpredictable as to where he would go while on the ball.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by elampiro(m): 7:54pm On Feb 17, 2015
Di Maria's injury is a very bad news at this crucial time. We are very disadvantaged considering the fixtures left and we cannot afford to have our key man out.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by parrotibaba(m): 7:54pm On Feb 17, 2015
ENOUGH!!!

sad ...

I go break person head for dis thread ooh!!!

Angel Di Maria is injured n we r playing poorly but u guys r still arguing about a penalty kick dat was won n scored yesterday ...our next match na Swansea ooh!!
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Caveatemptor(m): 8:03pm On Feb 17, 2015
Why are we even having this argument?
We all wanted United to win and go through to the next round. In the end we won,even if we played badly and went through. In my opinion,end of story.

Players have been cheating for ages to gain an advantage for their teams.I am sure there is no player who would not try to work a situation to his teams advantage in a world cup final including Ronaldo and Messi. It is the way of the game.
Players tryto steal inches on free kicks and even corner kicks.
Players who are not touched at all,go down clutching their faces and screaming as if pole axed in order to get an opponent sent off in order to gain advantage for their team. It is part of the technicalities of the game. I am one of the greatest critics of Van Gaals United team,but yesterday night we won the goddam game. Rooney may have cheated to win that penalty kick BUT he still had to pick himself up and put the ball into the back of the net. What if he had missed.
These things even themselves out through the course of the season. Lets be happy we won.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Leyqute(m): 8:20pm On Feb 17, 2015
I won't blame Rooney for not staying on his feet though. and if his "diving" favored the team why flay him as if he scored an own goal? I taya o

Preston's was the first match we'd win after going behind.

Hope we snatch an away win in the next game. we should be able to beat Swansea without DiMaria. If we can hoard possession and be more clinical in front of goal I don't see why we won't hammer them.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by SailorXY: 8:30pm On Feb 17, 2015
parrotibaba:
ENOUGH!!!
sad ...

I go break person head for dis thread ooh!!!

Angel Di Maria is injured n we r playing poorly but u guys r still arguing about a penalty kick dat was won n scored yesterday ...our next match na Swansea ooh!!
the mumu PK sef had no bearing on the result undecided why its such a highlight is amazing!
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by JayKayMaybachz(m): 8:44pm On Feb 17, 2015
SailorXY:

the mumu PK sef had no bearing on the result undecided why its such a highlight is amazing!

Ah taya oooo
We already won dhey match

What's the fuss?

Man Utd Fans shaaaa.... Arguement dhey una DNA
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by pelvicky(m): 9:58pm On Feb 17, 2015
For the first time, i heard of angel di maria injury....i just drank a chill water and say "thank u holyspirit of God"
wrong passes
waste of goal
unsuccessful dribbling
etc 4 di maria

waste of money chant by opposition fans which rings true
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by SailorXY: 10:21pm On Feb 17, 2015
pelvicky:
For the first time, i heard of angel di maria injury....i just drank a chill water and say "thank u holyspirit of God"
wrong passes
waste of goal
unsuccessful dribbling
etc 4 di maria

u have a better replacement I assume
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Leyqute(m): 12:56am On Feb 18, 2015
pelvicky:
wrong passes
waste of goal
unsuccessful dribbling
etc 4 di maria

His presence z a threat to oppositions, yeye guy smiley
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Odunharry(m): 1:10am On Feb 18, 2015
omo dy should bring back Nani

2 Likes

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by JayKayMaybachz(m): 7:08am On Feb 18, 2015
Odunharry:
omo dy should bring back Nani

I totally agree ✔
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Stefan01(m): 8:04am On Feb 18, 2015
pelvicky:
wrong passes
waste of goal
unsuccessful dribbling
etc 4 di maria

So which other player do u av that can carry the ball from our half and make those runs he usually makes that pegs the opponents back in their own half?
Unsuccessful dribbling
waste of money
Etc
Bt u av to admit, the team is better with him than without him...
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by JayKayMaybachz(m): 10:51am On Feb 18, 2015
pelvicky:
wrong passes
waste of goal
unsuccessful dribbling
etc 4 di maria

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by JayKayMaybachz(m): 10:52am On Feb 18, 2015
SailorXY:

u have a better replacement I assume
Ask am bros

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Odunharry(m): 10:55am On Feb 18, 2015
Manchester United players showing support to the people of Tohoku, four years on from the Great East Japan Earthquake.

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by coogar: 12:35pm On Feb 18, 2015
stuckmann(preston's goalie)

'After the game Rooney told me: "Sorry, it was my chance to get a penalty. I had to use that"

yet, one idïot kept arguing rooney didn't dive. grin
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Caveatemptor(m): 1:02pm On Feb 18, 2015
coogar:
stuckmann(preston's goalie)

yet, one idïot kept arguing rooney didn't dive. grin

coogar,
Give it a rest please.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by A40(m): 2:58pm On Feb 18, 2015
Fat and Rotund Anderson sends his love from Brasil grin grin

@101greatgoals: Man United flop Anderson needed oxygen after a 36th min substitution for Internacional

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by diggz: 3:23pm On Feb 18, 2015
A40:
Fat and Rotund Anderson sends his love from Brasil grin grin

@101greatgoals: Man United flop Anderson needed oxygen after a 36th min substitution for Internacional

O'boi.....! Anderson of all people sad
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by elampiro(m): 3:23pm On Feb 18, 2015
Na wao!

A lady left her flat and went behind a man's window to take her bath in the open. Later the girl would accuse the man of looking at her while bathing. What's the crime there? The man can only apologize to her out of courtesy or out of pity of the woman's foolishness. grin Such an apology is not admitting to committing a crime.

Kabiyesiiiiiiioooooo!!!
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Keky(m): 3:45pm On Feb 18, 2015
diggz:

Dimaria and Messi In Bolivia.

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by coogar: 4:17pm On Feb 18, 2015
diggz:

high altitude is a general problem in bolivia. all the players based abroad usually require oxygen during their games. this story is rubbish. players need to acclimatise for months to be able to cope.

(1) (2) (3) ... (1426) (1427) (1428) (1429) (1430) (1431) (1432) ... (14173) (Reply)

Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021

Viewing this topic: Prectega(m), TrebleChamp(m) and 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 47
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.