Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,471 members, 7,830,370 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 08:28 PM

Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion - European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) (1427) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) / Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion (8774378 Views)

Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 / Manchester United Fan Thread: Premier League Champions 2010/11 / Manchester United Fan thread: Forever Reds (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (1424) (1425) (1426) (1427) (1428) (1429) (1430) ... (14174) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by elampiro(m): 11:45pm On Feb 16, 2015
England manager Roy Hodgson, speaking on BBC One: "I don't think it's a dive from Wayne Rooney for the penalty I think he's taking evasive action."

Phil Neville

"It's tough to criticise David De Gea who has won so many games for United this season The changes made the difference for United. It created space for them. For the penalty, Wayne Rooney had to get out the way. For me it's a penalty and a reckless challenge."
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by coogar: 11:50pm On Feb 16, 2015
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by elampiro(m): 11:54pm On Feb 16, 2015
Whoscord rated Falcao the lowest. Even DDG who had an error leading to a goal was rated higher than Falcao. Falcao is only in the team based on amnesty of Van Gaal. Gaal has even said he wouldn't use goals as a yardstick to sign Falcao at the end of the season.

Herrera rated highest, then followed by Rooney. Falcao was far far far below almost dropping to the negative rating.

Valencia had 3 key passes while also coming second in pass accuracy behind Fellaini.

Valencia put 4 crosses into the box and 2 connected. Young put one in and it did not connect. There is a difference between a cross and a pass.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by coogar: 11:59pm On Feb 16, 2015
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by elampiro(m): 12:02am On Feb 17, 2015
Clear penalty. Rooney had got the ball past the goalkeeper already. If he stood his ground, the gaolkeeper would have broken his ankle.

GOAL! Preston 1-3 MANCHESTER UNITED
88min: Game over now. Wayne Rooney takes evasive action to avoid a very late sliding challenge from an on-rushing Stuckmann inside the box.
The striker dusts himself down before smashing home the resulting penalty kick.

Dailymail.live commetary.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by chidyke77(m): 12:05am On Feb 17, 2015
Am quite happy that Young is back and he played well too. MOTM is btw Herrera and Fellaini.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by elampiro(m): 12:06am On Feb 17, 2015
Imagine how much hatred this ayagayagayayo has for Wayne Rooney. He is quoting kids impersonating players. Quoting unverified handles.

grin
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by elampiro(m): 12:11am On Feb 17, 2015
Question: Was the goalkeeper beaten? Answer Yes.

Question: If Rooney stood his ground what should have happened? Answer: The goalkeeper would have swept him off his feet and probably break his leg.

Verdict: We have seen free kicks awarded for such evasive play, so it's a penalty.

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by SailorXY: 12:14am On Feb 17, 2015
there's no use arguing, it was a PK & a goal.

*Nyashnal next*

1 Like

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by elampiro(m): 12:16am On Feb 17, 2015
Smalling made some calamitous mistakes today. God saved us. cheesy
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by coogar: 12:17am On Feb 17, 2015
SailorXY:
there's no use arguing, it was a PK & a goal.

*Nyashnal next*

it's not a penalty.
when you see analysts like matt le tissier & collymore agreeing over an issue, then you know it's the truth.

rooney dived for that penalty.
he knew it was his only chance of getting a goal. van persie wasn't on the pitch. if he was, rooney woulda carried on.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by elampiro(m): 12:17am On Feb 17, 2015
25A. Valencia
Struggled to offer much going forward in the first half but a great run and cross for Fellaini’s goal was testament to his willingness to keep going.
D. Blind17D. Blind
A calming influence. Lacks the kind of mobility United midfielders of old had, but always on hand to receive the ball and finds space.
M. Fellaini31M. Fellaini
Lacks technical quality but is a useful player when used correctly. Scored a goal and had United’s other best chances, too. Causes problems with his physical style.
W. Rooney10W. Rooney
Willing runner all night and looked United’s most likely scorer in the first 45 minutes. Earned and scored penalty for United’s third.
R. Falcao9R. Falcao
Anonymous and replaced by Young early in the second half. Really struggling to make an impact at United, and this was the latest display that suggests they won’t be taking up the option of signing him permanently.

And they said Falcao did better. Rooney don suffer for this thread. grin
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by elampiro(m): 12:18am On Feb 17, 2015
If Rooney wasnt brought down, he would have still scored the empty net.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by parrotibaba(m): 12:26am On Feb 17, 2015
Keky:
Paulista doesn't appear to take prisoners !!!!.
is dis not d guy dat cannot speak any English at all ...I will be happy if de pair him with mertesacker ,make Wilson n Di maria shine small grin

1 Like

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by parrotibaba(m): 12:30am On Feb 17, 2015
in my opinion...

Man united should cancel Falcao's loan deal n bring back either Hernandez or henriquez
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by elampiro(m): 12:30am On Feb 17, 2015
There is something people don't know about football. There is no way a midfielder would have a great game every time. Blind was struggling against Burnley. Today he wasn't that good either. Song for West Ham in FA Cup would make one fall asleep deeply. Rooney had good games against Liverpool and the likes. He had a few lows and the sky wanted to fall on this thread.

I don go sleep o. who dey vex make e go hit head for wall. Rooney got past a last man and won a deserved penalty. Rooney answers his critics.

Cru cry baby, Ntor!
grin
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by elampiro(m): 12:33am On Feb 17, 2015
Preston Manager: "Wayne Rooney did not dive.

Ukwu!!! grin

Nihilist pls come and read. BighinNya must see this.

1 Like

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by SailorXY: 12:35am On Feb 17, 2015
lol smh grin
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by elampiro(m): 12:37am On Feb 17, 2015
For the opener, he said in a news conference: "Wayne Rooney wasn't directly in [Stuckmann's] line [of vision], he was just to the side. It is a grey area. For the second Tom Clarke was pushed by Fellaini and the third, Wayne Rooney has not been touched by the goalkeeper; yes, he has had to jump out of the way but he has not been touched.

"I am not saying it wasn't a penalty. I am saying there was no contact. You can interpret that how you want. It wasn't a dive. He has gone to get out of the way and take evasive action. I am not complaining but all three goals were slightly contentious." grin

Grayson was delighted with his side's display, adding: "The players can wake up in the morning very proud of what they have done. I certainly am."

http://www.espnfc.com/manchester-united/story/2302711/preston-manager-wayne-rooney-penalty-wasnt-a-dive

Somebody is crying right now: Kabiyesi Wayne Rooney
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by elampiro(m): 12:42am On Feb 17, 2015
Gaal: We changed the shape, that was the solution I think. We scored fantastic goals, little bit lucky also. The second one for Fellaini – we have trained for that – I was pleased for Valencia.'

Van Gaal also praised Marouane Fellaini for his versatiliy, admitting that he doesn't always have a position for the Belgian.
'He scores all sorts of goals. I played him for the first time in the position he wants. I don’t always have a position for him, that’s my problem.'
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by parrotibaba(m): 12:48am On Feb 17, 2015
...Also I think we should start playing Fellaini upfront ,seems d guy enjoys playing there

Honestly ,dat Rooney penalty na penalty ,a goalkeeper should not tackle like a mad man ...if wazza didn't fall n he missed dat goal ,d same ppl saying dat it was a dive will still accuse him of not getting d penalty
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by adebayo201: 12:53am On Feb 17, 2015
the truth!

1 Like

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by elampiro(m): 12:53am On Feb 17, 2015
Since Collymore is now an authority lets quote him some more:

Stan Collymore @StanCollymore · 2h 2 hours ago
Beginning to think #MUFC philosophy (attack quickly/width) and #AJAX #BARCA philosophy (possession, slow build up, narrow ) is LVG problem.

User Actions
Follow

Stan CollymoreVerified account
‏@StanCollymore
#MUFC
1. Don’t need Falcao
2. Need a MF boss alongside impressive Herrera
3. Need 2 world level CD’s
4. A quality RB

Stan Collymore @StanCollymore · 2h 2 hours ago
Herrera energy was quality tonight, but needs a destroyer alongside him. Carrick could do what Blind does when he’s 50.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by elampiro(m): 12:55am On Feb 17, 2015
parrotibaba:
...Also I think we should start playing Fellaini upfront ,seems d guy enjoys playing there

Yes, but he was not in the game until he scored. He didn't play the number 10 with sense.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by elampiro(m): 1:03am On Feb 17, 2015
Was it a penalty? YES it was.
A Penalty will be awarded if a challenge uses 'reckless or excessive force'. The Amount of contact is not decisive.

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Odunharry(m): 1:33am On Feb 17, 2015
grin Rooney dive jare
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Nobody: 3:50am On Feb 17, 2015
Odunharry:
grin Rooney dive jare

But I like am naa.... grin
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by chidyke77(m): 6:57am On Feb 17, 2015
It was a clear penalty and not a dive, if the goalkeeper didn't use his leg Rooney must definitely score and if he Rooney decided not to jump, it wl still be penalty bt his legs would hv bn broken.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by leggo: 7:15am On Feb 17, 2015
even retard knows that was a penalty. such reckless tackling by a GK, with my United bias I would have even handed him a red card. When did 'analysts' become Fifa?
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by chrisley024(m): 7:36am On Feb 17, 2015
Was it a pen? YES! The motion of the GK made it so easy to award.

Was there a contact? NO!
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Dadehmola: 9:36am On Feb 17, 2015
chrisley024:
Was it a pen? YES! The motion of the GK made it so easy to award.

Was there a contact? NO!

Then how was it a foul and why should it be a penalty?

Since when did "the player was reckless in the the tackle" become the most important factor in decisions like this?

It's funny that an incident as obvious and clear as yesterday's is still being debated here.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by SailorXY: 9:47am On Feb 17, 2015
leggo:
even retard knows that was a penalty. such reckless tackling by a GK, with my United bias I would have even handed him a red card. When did 'analysts' become Fifa?
the only surprise from that action was there was accompanying red card for the GK cuz he was the last man.

i no really know whether some people must see blood before their vampire desires cool down tongue

(1) (2) (3) ... (1424) (1425) (1426) (1427) (1428) (1429) (1430) ... (14174) (Reply)

Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021

Viewing this topic: AdisaOwala, 100smile(m) and 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 36
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.