Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,438 members, 7,830,202 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 05:43 PM

Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion - European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) (1428) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) / Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion (8774042 Views)

Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 / Manchester United Fan Thread: Premier League Champions 2010/11 / Manchester United Fan thread: Forever Reds (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (1425) (1426) (1427) (1428) (1429) (1430) (1431) ... (14174) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by parrotibaba(m): 9:56am On Feb 17, 2015
...Never had a penalty for most part of d season but now have 2 in 2 ,I'd say d penalty gods r gradually backing our play again
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by coogar: 10:54am On Feb 17, 2015
SailorXY:

the only surprise from that action was there was accompanying red card for the GK cuz he was the last man.

but rooney was taking the ball away from goal. there was no way he would have scored from that point. the direction of the player is always taken into consideration. if rooney was facing the goal, it woulda been a straight red for the goalie.

i no really know whether some people must see blood before their vampire desires cool down tongue

if there's no contact then rooney shouldn't have fallen. what brought him down? if he anticipated the goalie was going to slide, then he should have jumped out of the way and continue running. if he anticipated a sliding tackle & then fell as a result then it's a dive.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by leggo: 1:00pm On Feb 17, 2015
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by coogar: 1:59pm On Feb 17, 2015
chidyke77:
Am quite happy that Young is back and he played well too. MOTM is btw Herrera and Fellaini.

young & fellaini are our most-improved players. young completely changed the game when he came on & that's saying something on how much we have missed him.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by afrodoc2: 2:15pm On Feb 17, 2015
Dadehmola:

Then how was it a foul and why should it be a penalty?

Since when did "the player was reckless in the the tackle" become the most important factor in decisions like this?

It's funny that an incident as obvious and clear as yesterday's is still being debated here.

Bros i just didn't want to talk.
If the roles were reversed and it was DDG making that tackle and he completely missed both ball and man i wonder if these guys here would be saying the same thing.
Imagine a scenario in which Hazard went down without DDG touching him at all i can bet most guys here will be pointing to the fact that there was NO CONTACT and would be spinning conspiracy theories about EPL bias.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by RuuDie(m): 2:32pm On Feb 17, 2015
If that was a PK, then why were we whining over the one given Leicester earlier in the season?
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Dadehmola: 2:39pm On Feb 17, 2015
afrodoc2:

Bros i just didn't want to talk.
If the roles were reversed and it was DDG making that tackle and he completely missed both ball and man i wonder if these guys here would be saying the same thing.
Imagine a scenario in which Hazard went down without DDG touching him at all i can bet most guys here will be pointing to the fact that there was NO CONTACT and would be spinning conspiracy theories about EPL bias.

I tire Mehn...

Honestly, I never for once thought this issue could even be up for debate when it's crystal clear that there wasn't any contact!
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by afrodoc2: 2:40pm On Feb 17, 2015
RuuDie:
If that was a PK, then why were we whining over the one given Leicester earlier in the season?

In the immortal words of Olu Jacobs "i wonder, i just wonder".
Well people see things differently but in my not so humble opinion i don't think that was a penalty. If a player fell over in our box without being touched (because in summary Rooney fell without being touched) most fans here will scream daylight robbery if we had a penalty awarded against us.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Odunharry(m): 2:42pm On Feb 17, 2015
RuuDie:
u dey mind them..that isnt a PK to me
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by chrisley024(m): 3:09pm On Feb 17, 2015
Dadehmola:

Then how was it a foul and why should it be a penalty?

Since when did "the player was reckless in the the tackle" become the most important factor in decisions like this?

It's funny that an incident as obvious and clear as yesterday's is still being debated here.
Some fouls are awarded against a player based on his movement(the reckless challenge of the GK for eg) even though there was no contact since it shows his intention. Sliding with both feet means you lose control of your movt. and therefore very dangerous to the opponent.

Rooney jumping is the sensible thing to do to avoid being injured.

The GK should take the blame and no one else.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by coogar: 3:30pm On Feb 17, 2015
chrisley024:
Some fouls are awarded against a player based on his movement(the reckless challenge of the GK for eg) even though there was no contact since it shows his intention. Sliding with both feet means you lose control of your movt. and therefore very dangerous to the opponent.

rooney jumping or not isn't the issue.
no one wants to get injured and the sensible thing is to jump out of the way. the point is rooney indeed jumped out of the way and there was no contact at all. rooney fell down after completely managing to get past the goalie. so why did he fall down?

when sturridge did the same thing against vidic last season at old trafford, we all said it was a dive. vidic never made any contact with sturridge as well and the referee bought the fraud. rooney saw the goalie coming at him. he fully expected him to lunge at the ball - there was no reason at all for him to fall down if the goalie's leg didn't touch him.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by tess1(m): 3:53pm On Feb 17, 2015
Di Maria injured his pelvis in training.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by afrodoc2: 3:59pm On Feb 17, 2015
chrisley024:

1st of all the goal keeper led with his right foot, the left came forward only after Rooney had passed.

That slide was no different from the dozens of slide tackles goal keepers make in such situations, had he made full contact with the ball and kicked it to the side lines we won't even be having this debate.
However he made ZERO contact with the ball and made ZERO contact with the player.

As Coogar said when Vidic missed both player and ball last season and the ref blew for a penalty Utd fans were complaining, now the situation is reversed people are singing another tune. Ha...........diariz God o!
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by coogar: 4:00pm On Feb 17, 2015
rooney is a criminal.....

what rooney should have done......

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Odunharry(m): 4:04pm On Feb 17, 2015
Collymore continued his diatribe.
"I'm sick to death of being one of the only voices in punditry that is quite happy to come out and say, having been in that position many times, 'stay on your feet, take it round the 'keeper and go and score a goal', which is what Wayne Rooney could have done."

My Thought exactly
coogar true talk..i like Rooney bt he cheatd to win d pk

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by ElFenomeno1: 4:12pm On Feb 17, 2015
coogar:
rooney is a criminal.....

what rooney should have done......

What is it again?

Rooney scored and you are still slagging the poor boy off...... Can you ever be pleased?! undecided

Dont go the way of Ramdeuter........ He has lost the plot completely .. A lost cause.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by coogar: 4:17pm On Feb 17, 2015
Odunharry:

My Thought exactly

of course, he cheated!
but that's the case with these big english players, they never get criticised for the bad behaviour they put up. you should see hodgson defending the dive last night @ BBC studio.

ElFenomeno1:

What is it again?
Rooney scored and you are still slagging the poor boy off...... Can you ever be pleased?! undecided
Dont go the way of Ramdeuter........ He has lost the plot completely .. A lost cause.

scored what?
rooney had 0 shots on target until the penalty kick - this is the same criticism falcao & RVP got in our last game against burnley.

if RVP was on the pitch last night, it would be him taking the pen & rooney wouldn't have had a shot on target in 90 mins. so how's rooney a better striker than falcao/RVP when he also failed to register a shot on target ......much worse, against a league one side?

abeg, use your common sense when posting here.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by elampiro(m): 4:17pm On Feb 17, 2015
Rooney was rounding the goalkeeper and certainly would have scored into an empty net or at worst make an assist from that. Contrary to what people would want, the rules cannot change because Rooney is the one involved. It's clear, when a player if fouled in the box even when backing the goal, it's a penalty. This was a last man and the goalkeeper, Rooney was left with an empty net afterwards.

Collymore is an ex-Liverpool player and would want Man United to be out.

When Preston coach said it was a penalty, that settled it all. Even BBC analysed it again and concluded it was a well deserved penalty.

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by ElFenomeno1: 4:19pm On Feb 17, 2015
coogar:

scored what?
rooney had 0 shots on target until the penalty kick - this is the same criticism falcao & RVP got in our last game against burnley.

if RVP was on the pitch last night, it would be him taking the pen & rooney wouldn't have had a shot on target in 90 mins. so how's rooney a better striker than falcao/RVP when he also failed to register a shot on target against a league one side?

abeg, use your common sense when posting here.

What are you rambling on about?

I said someone scored and you are telling me IF RVP was on the pitch!

Who cares.... We are talking about who was on the pitch and who scored... No IFS no BUTS

He scored!

I am asking you what more do you want now that he has scored?

You are talking about who is better than RVP and Falcao... Are you high on oryza sativa?
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Odunharry(m): 4:22pm On Feb 17, 2015
Elampiro how benin n work?hope everything dey go well
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by coogar: 4:22pm On Feb 17, 2015
ElFenomeno1:

What are you rambling on about?

I said someone scored and you are telling me IF RVP was on the pitch!

Who cares.... We are talking about who was on the pitch and who scored... No IFS no BUTS

He scored!

I am asking you what more do you want now that he has scored?

You are talking about who is better than RVP and Falcao... Are you high on oryza sativa?

i am trying really hard not to call you a fool....

what significance did rooney's goal have on the outcome of the game? was it the winner? fellaini already made sure the tie was won.

rooney scored a penalty kick against a league one side. i repeat, league one side. so we should celebrate that cos he scored a pen?

you should stop doing drugs.....
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by elampiro(m): 4:24pm On Feb 17, 2015
Odunharry:
Collymore continued his diatribe.
"I'm sick to death of being one of the only voices in punditry that is quite happy to come out and say,

The only ignorant among the pundits. Or he is just being supportive of Liverpool to win the FA Cup.

Odunharry:
having been in that position many times, 'stay on your feet, take it round the 'keeper and go and score a goal', which is what Wayne Rooney could have done."

My Thought exactly

The keeper swept too forcefully and too fast for Rooney to jump and regain his balance. It was Rooney's right to claim a penalty there any way. When Drogba slapped Vidic, it was Vidic's right to make a deal out of it and get Drogba sent off.

The rules didn't say there have to be a contact.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by codedguy1(m): 4:24pm On Feb 17, 2015
How peeps come to justify that olympic dive as a pen is just beyond me!

Some fit take there salary swear say na pen.

Chai!
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by ElFenomeno1: 4:27pm On Feb 17, 2015
coogar:

i am trying really hard not to call you a fool....

what significance did rooney's goal have on the outcome of the game? was it the winner? fellaini already made sure the tie was won.

rooney scored a penalty kick against a league one side. i repeat, league one side. so we should celebrate that cos he scored a pen?

you should stop doing drugs.....

You should pack your bags and return home........ Camping with Ramdeuter is affecting you.

So because he scored a penalty kick against a league one side, we should discard that segment of the game.......

Your hatred for Rooney ... You shouldn't let take over you.

Tell LVG to get that fella out of that nonsense position he is playing and lets see how that will pan out.

You are constantly complaining about how useless he is.... The same Wayne you constantly glorified years ago

What has changed bro?

BTW, where is that daft cun///t called Ramdeuter? I am back .. I want your head in a pasta plate. cheesy
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by coogar: 4:28pm On Feb 17, 2015
codedguy1:
How peeps come to justify that olympic dive as a pen is just beyond me!

Some fit take there salary swear say na pen.

Chai!

wait until it happens to de gea & the same fools would argue how united always get cheated by referees.

i don't know how some people cannot separate blind loyalty from facts. i would be very angry with any referee if such is given against de gea.

what cazorla did was what rooney shoulda done. we see this kinda tackles everytime on the pitch & the player just jumps over them and continue.

ElFenomeno1:

You should pack your bags and return home........ Camping with Ramdeuter is affecting you.

your stüpidity in any currency would make me the richest man on the globe.

So because he scored a penalty kick against a league one side, we should discard that segment of the game....Your hatred for Rooney ... You shouldn't let take over you.

it's inconsequential.
the score was 2-1 to united in the 89th minute when he dived. his goal has no bearing on the result. no team wins the FA cup on goals difference. grin

Tell LVG to get that fella out of that nonsense position he is playing and lets see how that will pan out.

dependent on VP's fitness.
when the dutchman gets back, rooney goes back to the position he's destined to be.

You are constantly complaining about how useless he is.... The same Wayne you constantly glorified years ago
What has changed bro?

what changed? rooney became shyte!
so because i glorified dennis law years ago means he should be playing for united? have you been taking your drügs?

BTW, where is that daft cun///t called Ramdeuter? I am back .. I want your head in a pasta plate. cheesy

you are a fool.....
take your beef with him to other threads. don't pollute our thread with your gross idïocy.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by codedguy1(m): 4:28pm On Feb 17, 2015
elampiro:

The only ignorant among the pundits. Or he is just being supportive of Liverpool to win the FA Cup.

The keeper swept to forcefully and too fast for Rooney to jump and regain his balance. It was Rooney's right to claim a penalty there any way. When Drogba slapped Vidic, it was Vidic's right to make a deal out of it and get Drogba sent off.

The rules didn't say there have to be a contact.

So it is only when vidic made a meal out of the slap that it became an offence. If he did not make a meal and the ref saw the slap he(ref) would have waved it off cause slapping is now part of the game even if the ref saw it.

SMH
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by elampiro(m): 4:32pm On Feb 17, 2015
It's funny Man United fans wished Rooney missed the penalty. Ukwu!!!

It's funny how it's painful to some guys that Rooney could beat the last man and round the goalkeeper. If he didnt do such, they will complain. If he did it, they wished he didn't have any highlight.

Fact. Remain that Falcao had no shot at all in the game, no key pass and no dribble. Had four unsuccessful touches and he was always caught offside when the ball was passed to him thereby making us to lose possession. This was Falcao we were told was on the last time when he was clearly offside.

How many time did Herrera and Blind passes met Falcao in offside position?
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by elampiro(m): 4:37pm On Feb 17, 2015
codedguy1:

So it is only when vidic made a meal out of the slap that it became an offence. If he did not make a meal and the ref saw the slap he(ref) would have waved it off cause slapping is now part of the game even if the ref saw it.

SMH

If he stood he didn't react the ref might not have taken the slap serious. But once Vidic went down, it was always going to be a big talking point if the right punishment was not awarded. I see slaps and push on the face week in week out. Ferdinand went free about twice. Even Van Persie has been left off the hook like that when he retaliated.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by elampiro(m): 4:40pm On Feb 17, 2015
Odunharry:
Elampiro how benin n work?hope everything dey go well

By God's grace.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by elampiro(m): 4:43pm On Feb 17, 2015
Loom at the example they are bringing. Carzola vs Colocini.

Colocini did not apply any iota of force in his slidding, he was only trying to win the ball, not stop the man.

abegi.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by elampiro(m): 4:44pm On Feb 17, 2015
elampiro:
For the opener, he said in a news conference: "Wayne Rooney wasn't directly in [Stuckmann's] line [of vision], he was just to the side. It is a grey area. For the second Tom Clarke was pushed by Fellaini and the third, Wayne Rooney has not been touched by the goalkeeper; yes, he has had to jump out of the way but he has not been touched.

"I am not saying it wasn't a penalty. I am saying there was no contact. You can interpret that how you want. It wasn't a dive. He has gone to get out of the way and take evasive action. I am not complaining but all three goals were slightly contentious." grin

Grayson was delighted with his side's display, adding: "The players can wake up in the morning very proud of what they have done. I certainly am."

http://www.espnfc.com/manchester-united/story/2302711/preston-manager-wayne-rooney-penalty-wasnt-a-dive

Somebody is crying right now: Kabiyesi Wayne Rooney

Chikena!
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by elampiro(m): 4:56pm On Feb 17, 2015
RuuDie:
Rafael was fouled before he entered d box. Blackett went reckless. a penalty it was whether contact or not.

(1) (2) (3) ... (1425) (1426) (1427) (1428) (1429) (1430) (1431) ... (14174) (Reply)

Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021

Viewing this topic: NerdSciBot and 4 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 73
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.