Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,416 members, 7,819,495 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 05:09 PM

Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion - European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) (1447) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) / Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion (8739109 Views)

Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 / Manchester United Fan Thread: Premier League Champions 2010/11 / Manchester United Fan thread: Forever Reds (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (1444) (1445) (1446) (1447) (1448) (1449) (1450) ... (14149) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by ElFenomeno1: 1:16pm On Mar 01, 2015
SailorXY:

go drop points against Everton jare tongue Mr Fourphy
would it make any difference to your struggles? undecided
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by SailorXY: 1:26pm On Mar 01, 2015
Kompany is truly finished undecided
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by SailorXY: 1:29pm On Mar 01, 2015
ElFenomeno1:

we struggling now & still compete with Arsenal - should tell you they are not on United's level
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by ElFenomeno1: 1:32pm On Mar 01, 2015
SailorXY:

we struggling now & still compete with Arsenal - should tell you they are not on United's level

Dude you are deluded.
The above is the most ridiculous crap I have come across this year.
LOL.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by SailorXY: 1:54pm On Mar 01, 2015
ElFenomeno1:

Dude you are deluded.
The above is the most ridiculous crap I have come across this year.
LOL.
if it floats your boat
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by raumdeuter: 1:54pm On Mar 01, 2015
SailorXY:
Kompany is truly finished undecided

When I said Kompany was a useless defender 3 seasons ago everyone here dey shout
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by afrodoc2: 1:56pm On Mar 01, 2015
ElFenomeno1:

Yes cos we are competing for a spot in the top 4, it goes without saying that if you drop points its to our advantage.
I would have guessed that such an obvious explanation was not too complicated even for someone like you.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by afrodoc2: 2:02pm On Mar 01, 2015
raumdeuter:

When I said Kompany was a useless defender 3 seasons ago everyone here dey shout

LOL was it 3 years ago? Pisure or i don't believe it.
Though i would have to agree with you that Kompany's form has been patchy for a while, possibly 3rd season running.

Where we defer is when you start bringing up the names of Boateng and co as great defenders. People like him him and Hummels that have benefited from playing in offensive juggernauts should not be in the discussion.

Its my opinion that defending is an endangered art and there is no single truly world class defender playing now anywhere in the world.

I f Baresi, Scirea or Sammer were playing now they would be so much better than the rest they would be allowed to wear crowns on the pitch.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Dadehmola: 2:06pm On Mar 01, 2015
afrodoc2:

Yes cos we are competing for a spot in the top 4, it goes without saying that if you drop points its to our advantage.
I would have guessed that such an obvious explanation was not too complicated even for someone like you.

Leave am...

Starboard, na im be hin oko.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Dadehmola: 2:09pm On Mar 01, 2015
raumdeuter:

Nobody dey shout oga. The crux of the matter was /is that e better pass alago-meji
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by raumdeuter: 2:09pm On Mar 01, 2015
Dadehmola:

I agree but e better pass alago-meji

Guess which one has a CL medal and a world cup medal winning man of the match at a world cup final
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Dadehmola: 2:12pm On Mar 01, 2015
raumdeuter:

Guess which one has a CL medal and a world cup medal winning man of the match at a world cup final

This is where the problem is...

By your logic, Pedro>>>>>>>robery!!
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by raumdeuter: 2:12pm On Mar 01, 2015
afrodoc2:

LOL was it 3 years ago? Pisure or i don't believe it.
Though i would have to agree with you that Kompany's form has been patchy for a while, possibly 3rd season running.

Where we defer is when you start bringing up the names of Boateng and co as great defenders. People like him him and Hummels that have benefited from playing in offensive juggernauts should not be in the discussion.

Its my opinion that defending is an endangered art and there is no single truly world class defender playing now anywhere in the world.

I f Baresi, Scirea or Sammer were playing now they would be so much better than the rest they would be allowed to wear crowns on the pitch.

Compared to Kompany Cahill or any EPL defender, Boateng should be wearing a crown on the field.

Playing as a defender in an offensive juggernaut is actually way difficult that playing as a defender in a defensive team where at least 5 other defenders cover for you.

If Boateng can keep a whole Messi, AGuero, Higuain quiet at a world cup final then it gets no better than that
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by raumdeuter: 2:13pm On Mar 01, 2015
Dadehmola:

This is where the problem is...

By your logic, Pedro>>>>>>>robery!!

Was Pedro Man of the Match at a World cup final?

While Pedro was the first person to be removed in a world cup final, Boateng played all 120 minute vs the greatest player ever and won MOTM
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Dadehmola: 2:19pm On Mar 01, 2015
raumdeuter:

While Pedro was the first person to be removed in a world cup final, Boateng played all 120 minute vs the greatest player ever and won MOTM

Your attempt to use medals (UCL ) as a yardstick was why I brought up the Pedro - robery analogy. If we are to go by that, Pedro is ribery's grandfather !!

Show us the link in FIFA's records where boateng won MOTM in that game..
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by afrodoc2: 2:20pm On Mar 01, 2015
raumdeuter:

Bernard Diomede has a world cup winner's medal, David Ginola does not........so Diomede was better

Alain Boghossian has a world cup winner's medal, Makelele does not..........Boghossian was better.

Reducing player comparisons to how much they won is disingenuous. You only need to look up how many titles Wes Brown,John Oshea and Mikael Silvestre won
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by afrodoc2: 2:25pm On Mar 01, 2015
raumdeuter:

Compared to Kompany Cahill or any EPL defender, Boateng should be wearing a crown on the field.

Playing as a defender in an offensive juggernaut is actually way difficult that playing as a defender in a defensive team where at least 5 other defenders cover for you.

If Boateng can keep a whole Messi, AGuero, Higuain quiet at a world cup final then it gets no better than that

The goal scoring exploits of their teammates and the hoarding of possession hides their deficiencies.

When i recall how shambolic Dortmund's defending has been FOR YEARS and how many 4-2 and 5-3 matches they won rather than 1-0 i realize that Hummels is over rated. Someone with his skill level as a defender should be a better organizer but even at his peak he was the centre piece of a pretty shambolic defence.

I won't even go into your Boateng issue, the dude is as ordinary as white bread
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by ElFenomeno1: 2:25pm On Mar 01, 2015
afrodoc2:

Competing for a spot in the top 4 grin
Since when?
Oh after forking out a 100 million on fake galacticos
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by ElFenomeno1: 2:27pm On Mar 01, 2015
raumdeuter:

You are forever stupid Dayo. Lool
When will you stop embarrassing yourself around here?
Your stupidity is infinity and immeasurable
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by raumdeuter: 2:29pm On Mar 01, 2015
afrodoc2:

Bernard Diomede has a world cup winner's medal, David Ginola does not........so Diomede was better

Alain Boghossian has a world cup winner's medal, Makelele does not..........Boghossian was better.

Reducing player comparisons to how much they won is disingenuous. You only need to look up how many titles Wes Brown,John Oshea and Mikael Silvestre won

Can you show which of these was a Man of the match at the world cup?
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by afrodoc2: 2:31pm On Mar 01, 2015
ElFenomeno1:

Competing for a spot in the top 4 grin
Since when?
Oh after forking out a 100 million on fake galacticos

Well Man Utd fans are not deluded like Arsenal fans.
This season we are competing for a spot in the top 4 but Arsenal according to its fans is competing for League and Champions League double LMAO grin
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by afrodoc2: 2:32pm On Mar 01, 2015
raumdeuter:

Man of the match? Wtf! Now you are clutching at straws
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Dadehmola: 2:41pm On Mar 01, 2015
raumdeuter:

DayoMumu, show us a link that says alago won FIFA's MOTM in that particular game!
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by raumdeuter: 2:41pm On Mar 01, 2015
afrodoc2:

The goal scoring exploits of their teammates and the hoarding of possession hides their deficiencies.

When i recall how shambolic Dortmund's defending has been FOR YEARS and how many 4-2 and 5-3 matches they won rather than 1-0 i realize that Hummels is over rated. Someone with his skill level as a defender should be a better organizer but even at his peak he was the centre piece of a pretty shambolic defence.

I won't even go into your Boateng issue, the dude is as ordinary as white bread

We were hoarding possesion yet van Buyten was found out by all to be below average, We knew what happened to the career of John Terry when AVB attempted to play a possesion high line which Boateng plays everyday

Its easier to play as a defender in a defensive team than in an attacking team where you have to nullify all attacks by yourself compared to the community effort defending in defensive team
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by raumdeuter: 2:44pm On Mar 01, 2015
afrodoc2:

Man of the match? Wtf! Now you are clutching at straws

Jérôme Boateng 9

Made a vital clearance after a surging run from Messi and was always quick to snuff out danger. Quick, calm and authoritative, his displays in Brazil have been a revelation and he was man of the match

http://www.theguardian.com/football/2014/jul/13/germany-argentina-brazil-2014-worlds-cup-final-player-ratings
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Dadehmola: 2:49pm On Mar 01, 2015
raumdeuter:

We were hoarding possesion yet van Buyten was found out by all to be below average, We knew what happened to the career of John Terry when AVB attempted to play a possesion high line which Boateng plays everyday

Its easier to play as a defender in a defensive team than in an attacking team where you have to nullify all attacks by yourself compared to the community effort defending in defensive team

In your opinion, did pique deserve all the plaudits and nominations he was getting as a result of pep's possession-hugging/ attacking football philosophy (which Ofcourse covered up for how shyte he was at defending)?
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Dadehmola: 2:57pm On Mar 01, 2015
raumdeuter:

Jérôme Boateng 9

Made a vital clearance after a surging run from Messi and was always quick to snuff out danger. Quick, calm and authoritative, his displays in Brazil have been a revelation and he was man of the match

http://www.theguardian.com/football/2014/jul/13/germany-argentina-brazil-2014-worlds-cup-final-player-ratings

What's our business if the guardian or telegraph decides to rate biglia or palacio highest?? Na guardian organize the tournament ni??

For the umpeenth time, show us where boateng was voted FIFA MOTM after that game!
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by raumdeuter: 2:58pm On Mar 01, 2015
Dadehmola:

In your opinion, did pique deserve all the plaudits and nominations he was getting as a result of pep's possession-hugging/ attacking football philosophy (which Ofcourse covered up for how shyte he was at defending)?

Was Pique an outstanding defender at the World cup or the CL posting excellent performance in the finals?

Would a defender riding the wave of his teammates attacking play be in the discussion for Man of the Match in a world cup final?

BTW Pique when Pep was around was a good defender and was never as bad as Kompany is now
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by raumdeuter: 2:59pm On Mar 01, 2015
Dadehmola:

What's our business if the guardian or telegraph decides to rate biglia or palacio highest?? Na guardian organize the tournament ni??

For the umpeenth time, show us where boateng was voted FIFA MOTM after that game!

Maybe you should show us where any newspaper even if na complete sports rate Kompany as MOTM at any CL or world cup final
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by afrodoc2: 3:00pm On Mar 01, 2015
Dadehmola:

LOL so na Guardian Dayo go quote. DK take your time o, before we know it now he will be quoting Better Lover or Ikebe Super cheesy
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by raumdeuter: 3:02pm On Mar 01, 2015
afrodoc2:

LOL so na Guardian Dayo go quote. DK take your time o, before we know it now he will be quoting Better Lover or Ikebe Super cheesy

Like I asked your compatriot, SHow us where any one even if na Lolly magazine rate Kompany as a MOTM at a world cup final
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by afrodoc2: 3:07pm On Mar 01, 2015
raumdeuter:

Like I asked your compatriot, SHow us where Lolly magazine rate Kompany as a MOTM at a world cup final

LOL unlike you mr straw clutcher we don't scour d internet looking 4 which Hints magazine or Ovation magazine named a player MOTM, we use d OFFICIAL FIFA MOTM AWARDS. A list whose excellence is elevated even further by d conspicuous n welcome absence of a certain Jerome Alagomeji Boateng... capisce? cheesy

(1) (2) (3) ... (1444) (1445) (1446) (1447) (1448) (1449) (1450) ... (14149) (Reply)

Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021

Viewing this topic: Demolz, Ellexy and 9 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 93
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.