Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,023 members, 7,818,025 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 05:09 AM

Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion - European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) (1448) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) / Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion (8729786 Views)

Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 / Manchester United Fan Thread: Premier League Champions 2010/11 / Manchester United Fan thread: Forever Reds (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (1445) (1446) (1447) (1448) (1449) (1450) (1451) ... (14147) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Dadehmola: 3:19pm On Mar 01, 2015
raumdeuter:

Was Pique an outstanding defender at the World cup or the CL posting excellent performance in the finals?

FIFPro FIFA FIFPro World XI (2010, 2011,2012)

UEFA Team of the Year (2010,2011,2012)

UEFA European Football Championship team of the Tournament(2012).

raumdeuter:

Would a defender riding the wave of his teammates attacking play be in the discussion for Man of the Match in a world cup final?

BTW Pique when Pep was around was a good defender and was never as bad as Kompany is now

Since you have failed to produce a link from FIFA, No dey shout MOTM for here Abeg.

My earlier post was based on your assertion that it's more difficult for a defender in a pep-like setup and by that logic, pique has to be the greatest defender the world has seen!!
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by TreQuartista: 3:22pm On Mar 01, 2015
Edumare bless you, Dadehmola!

So Boateng was never certified the 'Man of the Match' by the Official body?

Chai, Dayokanu has peddled this falsehood for so long, and so consistently and fervently that I believed it to be true.

All liars shall die, burn and perish! angry

1 Like

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by afrodoc2: 3:25pm On Mar 01, 2015
Dadehmola:

FIFPro FIFA FIFPro World XI (2010, 2011,2012)

UEFA Team of the Year (2010,2011,2012)

UEFA European Football Championship team of the Tournament(2012).

Since you have failed to produce a link from FIFA, No dey shout MOTM for here Abeg.

My earlier post was based on your assertion that it's more difficult for a defender in a pep-like setup and from all indications, pique has to be the greatest defender the world has seen!!

LMAO Dayo was quoting Prime People while disregarding FIFA......diaris God
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Dadehmola: 3:26pm On Mar 01, 2015
TreQuartista:
Edumare bless you, Dadehmola!

So Boateng was never certified the 'Man of the Match' by the Official body?

Chai, Dayokanu has peddled this falsehood for so long, and so consistently and fervently that I believed it to be true.

All liars shall die, burn and perish! angry

afrodoc2:

I swear..

mesef believe am all those times sotay I no even bother to confirm. when I dey Read an article on goetze today, na im my mind just boot say ; oniro oshi ma ni omo dayo yi faa. As e con put mouth for the kompany issue, na im I seize the opportunity to expose am!! grin cheesy
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by PietroRico(m): 3:28pm On Mar 01, 2015
Lol
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by leggo: 3:31pm On Mar 01, 2015
So y'all rated kompany? Basically a fitter Phil Jones, if you have quick feet, you rape him.
Fifa WC final MotM - Gotze
m.fifa.com/worldcup/matches/round=255959/match=300186501/man-of-the-match.html
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by raumdeuter: 3:37pm On Mar 01, 2015
afrodoc2:

The FIFA MOTM is a popularity contest among online voters. Seasoned analysts know to disregard that online poll for the reality on the pitch

SHow us one that Kompany won
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Caveatemptor(m): 3:38pm On Mar 01, 2015
Goetze of Germany was the official man of the match of the FIFA 2014 world cup final. People should stop peddling falsehood on this thread please.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Tval(m): 3:38pm On Mar 01, 2015
This should put this to rest

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by afrodoc2: 3:44pm On Mar 01, 2015
raumdeuter:

The FIFA MOTM is a popularity contest among online voters. Seasoned analysts know to disregard that online poll for the reality on the pitch

Okay why should we believe Guardian and Ikebe Super that named Boateng MOTM rather than FIFA,Whoscored and Better Lover that named others?

What makes the ONE GUY in Guardian and the pervs of Ikebe Super better than the statisticians of Whoscored or the many voters of FIFA? or the other writers of other sports publications?
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Dadehmola: 3:46pm On Mar 01, 2015
afrodoc2:

Okay why should we believe Guardian and Ikebe Super that named Boateng MOTM rather than FIFA,Whoscored and Better Lover that named others?

What makes the ONE GUY in Guardian and the pervs of Ikebe Super better than the statisticians of Whoscored or the many voters of FIFA? or the other writers of other sports publications?

grin grin grin
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by afrodoc2: 3:48pm On Mar 01, 2015
Alago-epon is good, alago-epon is good....he has gone to 3 major international tournaments, team of the tournament e no enter.

Alago-epon is good, alago-epon is good ,his team dey win or reach champs league final like every year.....defender of the year e no win, FIFPro e no enter.

But we should believe a single Guardian writer and Nackson cheesy
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by afrodoc2: 3:55pm On Mar 01, 2015
Dadehmola:

I swear..

mesef believe am all those times sotay I no even bother to confirm. when I dey Read an article on goetze today, na im my mind just boot say ; oniro oshi ma ni omo dayo yi faa. As e con put mouth for the kompany issue, na im I seize the opportunity to expose am!! grin cheesy

Me just dey siddon look before. I dey usually allow am express him Germanophilia well well until e play pass him door mouth.
Na because boys no get him time but today him dundun don get too much pepper
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by SailorXY: 4:09pm On Mar 01, 2015
@ United fans on board ---
will Marquinho improve our defence next season? how does he compare to Varane?
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by TreQuartista: 4:12pm On Mar 01, 2015
afrodoc2:

Me just dey siddon look before. I dey usually allow am express him Germanophilia well well until e play pass him door mouth.
Na because boys no get him time but today him dundun don get too much pepper

grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by ElFenomeno1: 4:15pm On Mar 01, 2015
raumdeuter:

You are a disgrace to the human race
You don't have any single shred of shame left in you
peddling falsehood to support arguments..... dude how long will you continue like this?
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Caveatemptor(m): 4:16pm On Mar 01, 2015
While I agree that different newspapers and magazines have a right to choose their man of the match during the world cup. However FIFA chooses the official budweiser man of each match.
Mario Goetze was the official FIFA budweiser man of the match of the 2014 FIFA world cup final.
Even Kicker magazine which is the topmost football magazine in Germany did not pick Jerome Boateng as its man of the match in the 2014 world cup final,rather they chose Phillip Lahm.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Dadehmola: 4:18pm On Mar 01, 2015
SailorXY:
@ United fans on board ---
will Marquinho improve our defence next season? how does he compare to Varane?

Tbh, I haven't really watched marquinhos so I'd go with the excellent varane (who, as we speak, would walk into the starting 11 of virtually all the big clubs in Europe).

However, considering how badly we need some form of leadership at the back (especially at CB), he might not be that final jigsaw to our unsolved puzzle in defence!
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by afrodoc2: 4:22pm On Mar 01, 2015
Dadehmola:

Tbh, I haven't really watched marquinhos so I'd go with the excellent varane (who, as we speak, would walk into the starting 11 of virtually all the big clubs in Europe).

However, considering how badly we need some form of leadership at the back (especially at CB), he might not be that final jigsaw to our unsolved puzzle in defence!

I would go with Varane because of a larger body of work and because of his height advantage which counts esp in the EPL.
Marquinhos seems to have real potential too though.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Dadehmola: 4:22pm On Mar 01, 2015
Caveatemptor:

Even Kicker magazine which is the topmost football magazine in Germany did not pick Jerome Boateng as its man of the match in the 2014 world cup final,rather they chose Phillip Lahm.

Dayo, before you run away as usual... say something about this !! grin cheesy
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by afrodoc2: 4:26pm On Mar 01, 2015
Dadehmola:

Dayo, before you run away as usual... say something about this !! grin cheesy

Dayo wey don enter Autobahn tey tey, na today?
Na him modus operandi be dat....once kitchen hot e go comot through pantry cheesy
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by SailorXY: 4:28pm On Mar 01, 2015
Dadehmola:

I also haven't seen the Marquinho guy & I've seen PSG thrice this season but he was absent.

however, the guy gets rave reviews always on the internet & there's talk about his ability to play across the back 4 seamlessly undecided yet he's only 20.

I really want a guy with pace @ the back. this epl is 75% pace obviously
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by leggo: 4:43pm On Mar 01, 2015
Mourinho starts 5 defenders + Ramirez. Wow
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by SailorXY: 4:48pm On Mar 01, 2015
leggo:
Mourinho starts 5 defenders + Ramirez. Wow
the HurriKane wind is for real bro cheesy
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by leggo: 4:53pm On Mar 01, 2015
SailorXY:

the HurriKane wind is for real bro cheesy
AhhSwear ..but mou is always a bitchh tho, he has no interest in good football
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by homesteady(m): 5:02pm On Mar 01, 2015
This Dayokanu na juju man! How come he has been lying to everybody in this section that Boateng was the MOTM, and everybody just believed him? undecided undecided
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by ElFenomeno1: 5:34pm On Mar 01, 2015
afrodoc2:

Well Man Utd fans are not deluded like Arsenal fans.
This season we are competing for a spot in the top 4 but Arsenal according to its fans is competing for League and Champions League double LMAO grin

If we don't sanction it you won't play in the big boys league for the second consecutive season.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by ElFenomeno1: 5:35pm On Mar 01, 2015
Dayokanu has been ripped to shreds grin grin
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by ElFenomeno1: 5:47pm On Mar 01, 2015
John Terry 6 goals Radamel Falcao 4 goals

#OKBye
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by JayKayMaybachz(m): 5:53pm On Mar 01, 2015
I love Man Utd Thread Die

grin

Liars don't survive here
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by afrodoc(m): 6:02pm On Mar 01, 2015
homesteady:
This Dayokanu na juju man! How come he has been lying to everybody in this section that Boateng was the MOTM, and everybody just believed him? undecided undecided

Believe ke?
Or boys no just get him time.
Anything you say here can and will be held against u in a court of law, court of public opinion and if u no dey careful on judgement day.
When we had his time it took us 20mins to destroy his bundesliga is d best theory.
He is just a masochist for still coming around here.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by SailorXY: 7:03pm On Mar 01, 2015
ElFenomeno1:

If we don't sanction it you won't play in the big boys league for the second consecutive season.
you think marking register every year is an achievement of course

Mourinho really do research give una befitting title grin

(1) (2) (3) ... (1445) (1446) (1447) (1448) (1449) (1450) (1451) ... (14147) (Reply)

Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021

Viewing this topic: 3 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.