Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,160,950 members, 7,845,070 topics. Date: Thursday, 30 May 2024 at 11:57 AM

Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion - European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) (1535) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) / Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion (8818421 Views)

Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 / Manchester United Fan Thread: Premier League Champions 2010/11 / Manchester United Fan thread: Forever Reds (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (1532) (1533) (1534) (1535) (1536) (1537) (1538) ... (14201) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Nobody: 10:49pm On Apr 06, 2015
Yeah.In a derby form matters less and we have only won once at home against Shitty since 2011.I really want us to wim this so we can consolidate 4th.I didn't really see City dropping to 4th I must say .Incredible, topsy-turvy of a season.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by elampiro(m): 10:57pm On Apr 06, 2015
Kemizee:
I knw Van gaal has washed us all with the "team lacking balance" nonsense.All u can tell me is dt we dnt av reliable defenders.Tell me me trut for a minute...will Valencia or Young wid wat they produce be starting for teams like Bayern, Real, Chelsea or Barca Di maria is a classy and I dnt care hw Van gaal defines "Balance".A player dt is more productive deserves to play because he is simply better dan a player who works hard and produces nothing at all..Ryan giggs usd to play on d left and Ronaldo on d right.They had a lot of quality and Giggs was master of losing d ball because he usd to play a lot of loose passes dt annoyed me bt he was quality nevertheless.The problem is dt we av a fragile defence (again dis is debatable because we av d 3rd best defence in d epl).If we get a world class defender or two..den we wil b okay and dis balance bollocks will end.Bayern av robben and ribery, real av ronaldo and bale, barca av neymar and pedro..chelsea av oscar and hazard..these are players dt lose d ball a lot of times esp ronaldo and bale who mishit a lot of pass bt dt is because they are adventurous players who will try to be creative and once in a while play the "risky" pass.even our legendary Giggs was guilty of this.are we saying dt these teams I mentioned also lack balance? Ashley young and valencia dnt dribble, dnt create, dnt play killer balls...they jst look for d safest option and dt is y u feel they av "balance".I wud rada av players dt attempt to do something dan d ones dt are afraid and play safe Sirs...

If we were not winning our matches and you wrote like this, it would have been a bit okay. You don't like Di Maria and Rafael more than anyone of us does. I battled many guys here to support Di Maria coming to Man United. Many of us have written off Ashley Young long ago, excerpt Coogar who sounded foolish defending Young. Everyone of us know Rafael's quality and what he could do. But I personally think Rafael and Evra were the reasons we were losing badly to the top teams in the last two years. They find it hard to hold such creative players like Hazard, Silva, Mata, Moses and Nasri. Although not everyone would agree with me.

My point is, we have find a winning and a working formula, we have to stick with it until a player start losing form or a better player is proving himself. Have you wondered what amount of protection Rafael would give behind Herrera and Mata? Three small players on one side? Then some protection for Carrick?

I am sure Di Maria will be great for us, but he has to fit in. Last season, except for Isco, Madrid forwards did not bother about pass accuracy, they just hit the ball into space for one another and they next person (Roanaldo or Bale or Di Maria, even Benzenma) chases after the ball. This is why Di Maria cannot hit a pass with the appropriate weight to align with our passers like Mata, Herrera, etc. On the other hand, most of these guys cannot cope with his running/speeding football, except Rooney. As it is now, Gaal cannot be trying to make these players adapt to one another under this fight for top four.

You don't want to watch UCL games next season? If someone should give you the games that Young started and we won vs the ones Di Maria started that we won, you will change your mind sharply.

1 Like

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by coogar: 11:05pm On Apr 06, 2015
elampiro:
Many of us have written off Ashley Young long ago, excerpt Coogar who sounded foolish defending Young.

what a wise man can see sitting on the floor, elampawa will not see it from the MTN mast. i backed young & fellaini to come good and they have made you swallow your vomit. grin
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by elampiro(m): 11:08pm On Apr 06, 2015
coogar:

what a wise man can see sitting on the floor, elampawa will not see it from the MTN mast. i backed young & fellaini to come good and they have made you swallow your vomit. grin

Who argued Fellaini with you? But you also backed Cleverley and Anderson? tongue

2 Likes

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by coogar: 11:11pm On Apr 06, 2015
elampiro:

Who argued Fellaini with you? But you also backed Cleverley and Anderson? tongue

you did.....
i told you fellaini is more suited to playing behind a striker but gollum didn't have the balls to play him there.

cleverley & anderson would have also made it if they had stayed longer. if young could up his game, why won't ando & cleverley do the same?
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by adebayo201: 11:13pm On Apr 06, 2015
Coogar!!!

grin
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by elampiro(m): 11:14pm On Apr 06, 2015
coogar:

you did.....
i told you fellaini is more suited to playing behind a striker but gollum didn't have the balls to play him there.

cleverley & anderson would have also made it if they had stayed longer. if young could up his game, why won't ando & cleverley do the same?
I cant remember us having that argument.

Ando and Cleverley. hmmm .......... Ukwu!!! grin

1 Like

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by elampiro(m): 11:16pm On Apr 06, 2015
Cleverley would have hit those Herrera's goals into stand while Ando would have played a back pass to Villa goalkeeper or even take a shot that travels for a throw in. grin
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by SailorXY: 11:24pm On Apr 06, 2015
elampiro:
Cleverley would have hit those Herrera's goals into stand while Ando would have played a back pass to Villa goalkeeper or even take a shot that travels for a throw in. grin
grin grin grin
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by elampiro(m): 11:27pm On Apr 06, 2015
Man Utd 1 - 2 Swansea
Sunderland 1 - 1 Man Utd
Burnley 0 - 0 Man Utd

Matches from Sept 1st
West Brom 2 - 2 Man Utd......Substitute player.
Arsenal 1 - 2 Man Utd
Man Utd 3 - 0 Hull
Man Utd 2 - 1 Stoke
Southampton1 - 2 Man Utd
Man Utd 3 - 0 Liverpool
Aston Villa 1 - 1 Man Utd
Man Utd 3 - 1 Newcastle
Tottenham 0 - 0 Man Utd
Stoke 1 - 1 Man Utd
Man Utd 3 - 0 Cambridge U
Preston 1 - 3 Man Utd
Swansea 2 - 1 Man Utd...........Substitute player.
Man Utd 2 - 0 Sunderland
Newcastle 0 - 1 Man Utd
Man Utd 1 - 2 Arsenal
Man Utd 3 - 0 Tottenham
Liverpool 1 - 2 Man Utd
Man Utd 3 - 1 Aston Villa

* When started, Ashley Young has only lost one match (FA cup against Arsenal) since the arrival of new players.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by coogar: 11:28pm On Apr 06, 2015
elampiro:

cleverley....

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Nobody: 11:29pm On Apr 06, 2015
elampiro:

gringrin
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by elampiro(m): 11:35pm On Apr 06, 2015
Di Maria when started, we have lost Leicester, Man City, Southampton, Swansea and Arsenal.

Although he has also done much for us in certain games.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Odunharry(m): 11:48pm On Apr 06, 2015
i see dimaria starting against city..

i will prefer dimaria this weekend due to the fact that city players has elampiro(pace and power) and are very good in counter attacking...
di maria can cause alot of trouble for clichy/kolarov same thing he did against chelshea at old trafford..
you dont expect us to keep possession of the ball for 90minutes..we need to come out and score too..
we need to hurt city badly..

very optimistic we will get maximum point or a minum of 4point from city and chelsea..
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by elampiro(m): 11:51pm On Apr 06, 2015
Kemizee

I think you can see what we are saying?

Valencia record is very impressive too. When check the matches Young, Val and Carrick have started together, you have almost 100%. Young and Val have outstanding record of matches played together.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by elampiro(m): 11:52pm On Apr 06, 2015
Odunharry:
i see dimaria starting against city

He should be starting from the bench for now. He is world class, but let's keep to the formula.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Odunharry(m): 12:02am On Apr 07, 2015
elampiro:

He should be starting from the bench for now. He is world class, but let's keep to the formula.
lol...mata against clichy?
cmon we need player who is got elampiro at the right hamd side

mata can come in at half time
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by elampiro(m): 1:37am On Apr 07, 2015
coogar:

cleverley....

One goal in how many thousand minutes? grin

Hererra has 7 goals for Man United.

But wait, you also prophesied Bebe to shine. wink And you were stubborn about it till the end.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by dopeJemi: 7:13am On Apr 07, 2015
elampiro:

But wait, you also prophesied Bebe to shine. wink And you were stubborn about it till the end.

Hahahahahahahaha grin grin
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by parrotibaba(m): 7:28am On Apr 07, 2015
@coogar da cleverly goal against Newcastle na cross he wan cross

1 Like

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by PietroRico(m): 7:55am On Apr 07, 2015
elampiro:
Cleverleyando would have hit those Herrera's goals into stand while andocleverley would have played a back pass to Villa goalkeeper or even take a shot that travels for a throw in. grin
fixed.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by coogar: 9:56am On Apr 07, 2015
elampiro:

with that logic, herrera is better than carrick. herrera is better than iniesta. you need a bachelor's degree in football matters.

bebe did wonders on loan last season. he scored more goals than any of our wingers last season.

parrotibaba:
@coogar da cleverly goal against Newcastle na cross he wan cross

he meant it!
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by parrotibaba(m): 10:45am On Apr 07, 2015
coogar:

he meant it!
no he didn't
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by LOUIS6(m): 11:03am On Apr 07, 2015
I want to ask this Question......

Does Man United has any hope or chance of winning the EPL dis season
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by taiwoliu(m): 11:04am On Apr 07, 2015
parrotibaba:
no he didn't
haba! from dt position, its synonymous to a 1vs1 wv d GK. hw wl he even tink of a cross. gv d guy sum credit abeg.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by LOUIS6(m): 11:06am On Apr 07, 2015
LOUIS6:

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by SailorXY: 11:10am On Apr 07, 2015
LOUIS6:

7*3=21
70-62=8
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by coogar: 11:11am On Apr 07, 2015
parrotibaba:
no he didn't

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KPPdChJ6O_o

that's his post match interview after the game. he said he deliberately meant to put it in the far corner of the post.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by folba(m): 11:12am On Apr 07, 2015
parrotibaba:
no he didn't
That was a fluke
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by SailorXY: 11:23am On Apr 07, 2015
who has seen Otamendi play?
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by elampiro(m): 2:34pm On Apr 07, 2015
Guys, how can that be a fluke. He meant it na.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by elampiro(m): 2:39pm On Apr 07, 2015
coogar:

with that logic, herrera is better than carrick. herrera is better than iniesta. you need a bachelor's degree in football matters.

bebe did wonders on loan last season. he scored more goals than any of our wingers last season.

you can tell other qualities Herrera might be weaker than Iniester or Carrick, but I wonder if you will find one quality to put Cleverley over Herrera.

As foe Bebe, was it in epl he scored?

(1) (2) (3) ... (1532) (1533) (1534) (1535) (1536) (1537) (1538) ... (14201) (Reply)

Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 46
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.