Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,813 members, 7,827,987 topics. Date: Tuesday, 14 May 2024 at 08:46 PM

Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion - European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) (1533) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) / Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion (8767439 Views)

Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 / Manchester United Fan Thread: Premier League Champions 2010/11 / Manchester United Fan thread: Forever Reds (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (1530) (1531) (1532) (1533) (1534) (1535) (1536) ... (14169) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by dopeJemi: 9:02pm On Apr 05, 2015
AdeLaNa1:
Lool. Arsenal fans are worse. They'll manage to win one match and then they'll start comparing their whole team with the whole world.
That was how one was ranting on twitter dat Giroud was better than Rooney. At dat point i almost started crying out of pity for his stupidity sad

I even prefer arsenal fans cause to me na joke them just dey joke, atleast them get trophy pass chelsea, wetin dey vex me for chelsea own be say them be freshers wey just start school and them go dey brag, e dey irritate me, their fans are wayward, bush people, villagers, noisemakers, bush meat sellers

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Nobody: 10:16pm On Apr 05, 2015
coogar:

di maria should start on the bench against city. i agree with you here.....di maria & falcao have not fully adapted to what is required in the so called big games in england.

besides, we are enjoying a consistency that chelsea have had all season with their ever-present players. if it ain't broken, why fix ish? the chemistry between the triangle of blind, young & fellaini has been superb. valencia, mata & herrera are also killing it on the right channel.

LVG's philosophy has finally come into fruition. cheesy

What games have you been watching Sir?Di Maria not a big game playerHe was in Spain and sorry he still is in England.He assisted Rooney's goal at the emirates,assisted Mata's goal against Loserpool,scored against Everton and others.This is just unfair.I have always that for all of Ashley Young's running around,I would rather have Di maria accused of not playing well and scoring goals and assists.He is simply many levels above Young and should rightly start in the Derby.Ashley young has run enough against Liverpool and Aston villa but got nothing.As soon as Angel came in,he assisted immediately in those two games..I know which one I prefer.

The least you say about Valencia, the better.The most wasteful,brainless attacker our club has.He is the player who sees the most ball in this team and yet he manages to Bleep up every single attack either by a woeful cross or smashing it into the left back's thighs.I always give up anytime the ball gets to him because I knw it wud amount to nothing.He is very hardworking and athletic like Ashley young but he is hopeless wen it gets to final ball or productivity.Games like the one against City is what Di Maria is about and you will remember this next week. grin
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by barackohandso(m): 10:20pm On Apr 05, 2015
AdeLaNa1:
E reach 9? Haba. Wen no be say the players no dey collect salary sad Well is only Arsenal dat they can beat anyhow lai dat grin

No be until e reach 9 na. Na still embarrassment, and no be only arsenal e fit happen to oh. Over the last few seasons we don see
Man utd 1-6 Man city
Man utd 8-2 arsenal
Chelsea 3-5 arsenal
Chelsea 6-0 arsenal
Man city 6-3 arsenal
Liverpol 5-1 arsenal

It happens bro. It happens. Football is one crazy unpredictable sport
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by barackohandso(m): 10:23pm On Apr 05, 2015
dopeJemi:

Lol, na chelsea fans make me hate am, na so one dey follow me drag say hazard dey top 10 for ballon d'or, say na the best dribbler for the world, I dey ask am for goals and assists he dey tell me dribble

Chelsea fans are so dull, chai!

Lol. Every club wan produce ballon d'or winner na. Wetin you expect?
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by ElFenomeno1: 10:23pm On Apr 05, 2015
4 goals in 20 league games
You know who that is .....
John Terry has more goals this season than this fella
You know who that is

grin

1 Like

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by dopeJemi: 10:24pm On Apr 05, 2015
barackohandso:

Lol. Every club wan produce ballon d'or winner na. Wetin you expect?

Till thy kingdom come, them no go fit achieve am
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Dadehmola: 10:27pm On Apr 05, 2015
barackohandso:

No be until e reach 9 na. Na still embarrassment, and no be only arsenal e fit happen to oh. Over the last few seasons we don see
Man utd 1-6 Man city
Man utd 8-2 arsenal
Chelsea 3-5 arsenal
Chelsea 6-0 arsenal
Man city 6-3 arsenal
Liverpol 5-1 arsenal

But why is it that Madrid and barca seem certain to win atleast 4games each by 5-6-7goal margins every season?
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by barackohandso(m): 10:29pm On Apr 05, 2015
raumdeuter:

Hazard needs to kill Messi, Ronaldo, Bale, Neymar, Suarez, Robben Sanchez Reus before he can be nominated for Ballon D or

Hazard still dey drag dribble with Bellarabi, Firmino and Mikiraryan

I believe hazard has the potential to be nominated for, and maybe even win ballon d'or. He just needs to work on his finishing and score and assist more. Plus he might need to leave chelsea to a bigger club to stand a better chance of winning it. He's 24 now, he's not getting any younger
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by barackohandso(m): 10:35pm On Apr 05, 2015
Dadehmola:

But why is it that Madrid and barca seem certain to win atleast 4games each by 5-6-7goal margins every season?

Chelsea and Man city have the same certainty if you look at it well, and 4 games out of 38 isn't a bad number of games to win by that margin. There's a reason why they're title favorites every season
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Dadehmola: 10:36pm On Apr 05, 2015
dopeJemi:

their fans are wayward, bush people, villagers, noisemakers, [size=16pt]bush meat sellers[/size]

cheesy grin grin
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by barackohandso(m): 10:39pm On Apr 05, 2015
dopeJemi:

Till thy kingdom come, them no go fit achieve am

Lol.
There is God oh
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by dopeJemi: 10:43pm On Apr 05, 2015
barackohandso:

Lol.
There is God oh

Dadehmola:

cheesy grin grin

grin grin
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by parrotibaba(m): 10:52pm On Apr 05, 2015
barackohandso:

Man utd 1-6 Man city
Man utd 8-2 arsenal
Chelsea 3-5 arsenal
Chelsea 6-0 arsenal
Man city 6-3 arsenal
Liverpol 5-1 arsenal

n ppl already forget d 8-0 thumping of Sunderland by Southampton dis season ,it can happen anywhere
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by parrotibaba(m): 10:55pm On Apr 05, 2015
ElFenomeno1:
4 goals in 20 league games
You know who that is .....
John Terry has more goals this season than this fella
You know who that is

grin
Elf stop fanning d flames of dis argument ,it's enough ...

Based on current form b/w d two ,Giroud is better

Based on reputation in d world of football ,Falcao is miles ahead of giroud
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Dadehmola: 11:02pm On Apr 05, 2015
barackohandso:

Chelsea and Man city have the same certainty if you look at it well, and 4 games out of 38 isn't a bad number of games to win by that margin. There's a reason why they're title favorites every season

Last season....

Barcelona 7-0 levante

Barcelona 6-0 Rayo valecano

Barcelona 7-0 osasuna

Valecano 0-4 Barcelona

Barcelona 4 -0 elche

Barcelona 4-0 Granada

Almeria 0-5 Real Madrid

Real Madrid 4- 0 Valladolid

Sevilla 3-7 Real Madrid

Soceidad 0-4 Real Madrid

Real Madrid 5-0 valecano

And I have ignored the numerous 4-1 wins recorded by Both sides...

laliga should be investigated for continuous match-fixing because it seems one baba ijebu is making big money from such score lines!
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by coogar: 11:03pm On Apr 05, 2015
Kemizee:

What games have you been watching Sir?Di Maria not a big game playerHe was in Spain and sorry he still is in England.He assisted Rooney's goal at the emirates,assisted Mata's goal against Loserpool,scored against Everton and others.This is just unfair.I have always that for all of Ashley Young's running around,I would rather have Di maria accused of not playing well and scoring goals and assists.He is simply many levels above Young and should rightly start in the Derby.Ashley young has run enough against Liverpool and Aston villa but got nothing.As soon as Angel came in,he assisted immediately in those two games..I know which one I prefer.

ashley young adds balance to the team. he attacks & he defends. di maria just attacks & more often than not, he loses the ball. there were rumours van gaal nearly took his head off at anfield with the number of times he lost the ball.

his pass to rooney that should have made it 3-1 was a bad pass. his assist to mata was also a bad pass, mata had to improvise with that volley. hell, even the assist for rooney on saturday was not accurate - rooney had to apply a rare technique and a magnificent finish to score that goal.

di maria is a wonderful weapon to have in a squad but he does more harm to the team than good. you cannot have di maria ahead of blind in a big game from the start. he would expose daley blind's lack of space cos di maria is a notorious defensive liability.

The least you say about Valencia, the better.The most wasteful,brainless attacker our club has.He is the player who sees the most ball in this team and yet he manages to Bleep up every single attack either by a woeful cross or smashing it into the left back's thighs.I always give up anytime the ball gets to him because I knw it wud amount to nothing.He is very hardworking and athletic like Ashley young but he is hopeless wen it gets to final ball or productivity. Games like the one against City is what Di Maria is about and you will remember this next week. grin

and this is why valencia & young are keeping rafael & di maria on the bench. we all know the former are inferior to the latter but LVG knows the duo that is more likely to stick to his instructions.

rafael & di maria are hot-headed.
they would force creativity even when it's not on and then lose the ball. LVG's philosophy is centred around possession. i think you need to understand his philosophy before laying the blame at the feet of the players.

they have been instructed to keep the ball if they are not sure the attack is on. this is why valencia passes back to the more creative players and maintain the shape. you cannot pack 11 creative players on the pitch - it's unbalanced.

3 Likes

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by barackohandso(m): 11:14pm On Apr 05, 2015
parrotibaba:
n ppl already forget d 8-0 thumping of Sunderland by Southampton dis season ,it can happen anywhere

Abi oh. No be football?
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by IYANGBALI: 12:15am On Apr 06, 2015
elampiro:

shocked

How did he give his second assist to Mata if he cannot pass?
bros forget dat one,Rooney was awful today,he needs to do more than he did today
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by afrodoc(m): 6:24am On Apr 06, 2015
coogar:

ashley young adds balance to the team. he attacks & he defends. di maria just attacks & more often than not, he loses the ball. there were rumours van gaal nearly took his head off at anfield with the number of times he lost the ball.

his pass to rooney that should have made it 3-1 was a bad pass. his assist to mata was also a bad pass, mata had to improvise with that volley. hell, even the assist for rooney on saturday was not accurate - rooney had to apply a rare technique and a magnificent finish to score that goal.

di maria is a wonderful weapon to have in a squad but he does more harm to the team than good. you cannot have di maria ahead of blind in a big game from the start. he would expose daley blind's lack of space cos di maria is a notorious defensive liability.

and this is why valencia & young are keeping rafael & di maria on the bench. we all know the former are inferior to the latter but LVG knows the duo that is more likely to stick to his instructions.

rafael & di maria are hot-headed.
they would force creativity even when it's not on and then lose the ball. LVG's philosophy is centred around possession. i think you need to understand his philosophy before laying the blame at the feet of the players.

they have been instructed to keep the ball if they are not sure the attack is on. this is why valencia passes back to the more creative players and maintain the shape. you cannot pack 11 creative players on the pitch - it's unbalanced.

I agree. This was one of the reasons Herrera was on the bench earlier in the season, until he learnt to be more disciplined tactically and patient with the ball.
Di Maria for all his world class talent plays a lil like an i.d.i.o.t at times. He starts risky dribbles/runs when they are not on and often in dangerous areas of the pitch. Bench him so he can learn the same way Herrera did AND THEN he can move to the starting line up.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by PietroRico(m): 6:47am On Apr 06, 2015
Football sha.

Imagine our reaction if someone had told us at this point last season that in 1 year, young and fellaini would be keeping dimaria and falcao on the bench in a manchester united team.

It won't come as a surprise when hummels and the likes finally arrive and they're unable to get ahead of jonny evans.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by afrodoc2: 7:39am On Apr 06, 2015
PietroRico:
Football sha.

Imagine our reaction if someone had told us at this point last season that in 1 year, young and fellaini would be keeping dimaria and falcao on the bench in a manchester united team.

It won't come as a surprise when hummels and the likes finally arrive and they're unable to get ahead of jonny evans.

LOL that is football.
Hummels appears to be an upgrade on what we have, but you never can tell. He is likely to have problems with pace and fitness, those are my concerns.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by parrotibaba(m): 7:39am On Apr 06, 2015
PietroRico:
Football sha.

dis one no de possible ,dude is past dead grin To bench Rojo wey be left back d hard am na hummels he wan bench?
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by ElFenomeno1: 7:39am On Apr 06, 2015
parrotibaba:
Elf stop fanning d flames of dis argument ,it's enough ...
Based on current form b/w d two ,Giroud is better
Based on reputation in d world of football ,Falcao is miles ahead of giroud

Ok grin

I will leave this Falcao argument till the end of the season to see what ya wanna do with him and who wants him if ya all dont
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by SIRcumalot: 7:39am On Apr 06, 2015
afrodoc:

I agree. This was one of the reasons Herrera was on the bench earlier in the season, until he learnt to be more disciplined tactically and patient with the ball.
Di Maria for all his world class talent plays a lil like an i.d.i.o.t at times. He starts risky dribbles/runs when they are not on and often in dangerous areas of the pitch. Bench him so he can learn the same way Herrera did AND THEN he can move to the starting line up.
He has ten assist and I'll be the first to admit hasn't actually light up the EPL my fear his, once you try to curtail flair players and prevent them from taking risky passes they will become overly conservative and always pick the safe option all the time like a Di Maria version of what happened to cleverly.
I still think he'll take Young's position in the line up before season ending.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by PietroRico(m): 7:55am On Apr 06, 2015
afrodoc2:

LOL that is football.
Hummels appears to be an upgrade on what we have, but you never can tell. He is likely to have problems with pace and fitness, those are my concerns.
I would still take him, as the price being quoted for him right now looks decent. There are not very many established names in the market right now, unless we go ahead to make(discover) one ourselves.
Every transfer has its own set risks, so nothing he does will surprise me(too much) if he finally arrives
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by PietroRico(m): 7:58am On Apr 06, 2015
parrotibaba:
dis one no de possible ,dude is past dead grin To bench Rojo wey be left back d hard am na hummels he wan bench?
we said worse things about young and fellaini. Besides di maria and falcao (despite him being injured) were both perceived to be at a much higher level than hummels is now. Dortmund's struggles has done his rep a lot of harm.

Almost anything is possible grin
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by elampiro(m): 10:34am On Apr 06, 2015
Kemizee:
The least you say about Valencia, the better.The most wasteful,brainless attacker our club has.

Valencia is not an attacker for us this season.

Kemizee:
He is the player who sees the most ball in this team

Have you wondered why he sees the most balls in the team? He is the one who is most likely to keep it even under tight marking. He provides security to our ball possession and is used to start our attack, change play direction and reset our holding balance. Valencia also has a good first touch which keeps the ball tightly under his control, and you will hardly going to disposes him of it.

Kemizee:
yet he manages to Bleep up every single attack either by a woeful cross or smashing it into the left back's thighs.

Not exactly true anymore. Valencia has improved so much under Gaal as compared to last season where every of his run ended up being an attempted cross into the box, and then got blocked because everyone knew what he wanted to do. One reason his crosses are easily blocked is because he is trying to pick a man instead of just crossing. This season, Val is progressively improving his play with his team mates. He is able to reverse, play infield or even drive through the middle.

* Your assertion that he smashes every single attack on opposition is wrong. He picks our team mates with crosses and also cuts back for team mates. I think it was against Liverpool at Old Trafford he cut back beautifully for Rooney to score.

Kemizee:
.I always give up anytime the ball gets to him because I knw it wud amount to nothing.

You have to learn to know every player's strength and weakness and what role they play for the coach and for the benefit of the overall team. If we can get Herrera and Mata to deliver the goods in the attack, then it's okay for Valencia to defend and involve in build up play. Not every defender can score like Ivanovic.

Kemizee:
He is very hardworking and athletic like Ashley young but he is hopeless wen it gets to final ball or productivity.Games like the one against City is what Di Maria is about and you will remember this next week. grin

Valencia is over criticized while Rafael's creativity is overhyped. Valencia 5 out of 12 crosses connected in the last match, when compared to Ashley Young 0/10 you will see Val did well. Val looks up before trying to pick a man with his cross. Young just try to hit a dangerous cross into the box.

Rafael had 1 assist last season, 3 in 2012/13 (although he scored 3), 4 in 2011/12, 1 2010/2011., 1 assist 2009/10 (although he scored 1 goal).

Lastly, if any Man United fan can't see what balance Valencia and Young give us, then that person is not analyzing our games rightly. I don't have the figures, but I am sure Young has the best win percentage for our team. He always has two men trying to stop him whenever he runs at defence. That means the opponents dont have liberty to throw more men at our midfielders. He also can retract. Valencia is never going to be outpaced by strikers. He also keeps an eye on our defensive midfield zone while he provides security to our ball retention. He involves well in build up play.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by MrTA(m): 10:43am On Apr 06, 2015
Not looking forward to the city game at all. I hate playing city lately as it doesn't feel like a derby anymore and they seem to have our number. So frustrating playing them we haven't been able to deal with Yaya even when he's off form.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by coogar: 10:46am On Apr 06, 2015
MrTA:
Not looking forward to the city game at all. I hate playing city lately as it doesn't feel like a derby anymore and they seem to have our number. So frustrating playing them we haven't been able to deal with Yaya even when he's off form.

we will smash city & arsënal at OT.
chelsea is the only doubt in the list of fixtures we have left. we are so difficult to beat these days & this new tactical approach is working wonders.

if only LVG had a full preseason to sort his squad, we would be in high heaven by now. look at this stat since the summer transfer window.

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by elampiro(m): 11:08am On Apr 06, 2015
We should beat City. I am confident going into that game. We have all the confidence behind us.

Gaal would be confused on which two players to use in centre back. I think I will go with Smalling and Phil Jones.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by parrotibaba(m): 12:42pm On Apr 06, 2015
ElFenomeno1:

Ok grin

I will leave this Falcao argument till the end of the season to see what ya wanna do with him and who wants him if ya all dont
is it not obvious dat he is heading back to Otueke Monaco?
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by afrodoc2: 2:08pm On Apr 06, 2015
coogar:

we will smash city & arsënal at OT.
chelsea is the only doubt in the list of fixtures we have left. we are so difficult to beat these days & this new tactical approach is working wonders.

if only LVG had a full preseason to sort his squad, we would be in high heaven by now. look at this stat since the summer transfer window.

I agree the abridged preseason affected him but LVG has to take a chunk of the blame esp with his prolonged experiment with a back 3.
He badly misjudged the speed of the EPL and the tenacity of even the small teams.
Unless you have Hierro,Sammer and Beckenbaur playing at the back that formation is unlikely to work over an extended period in the EPL.

(1) (2) (3) ... (1530) (1531) (1532) (1533) (1534) (1535) (1536) ... (14169) (Reply)

Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021

Viewing this topic: Jokerman(m), Leyqute(m), Bill8012(m), afrodoc2 and 3 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 80
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.