Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,733 members, 7,817,017 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 11:06 PM

Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion - European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) (1608) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) / Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion (8722286 Views)

Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 / Manchester United Fan Thread: Premier League Champions 2010/11 / Manchester United Fan thread: Forever Reds (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (1605) (1606) (1607) (1608) (1609) (1610) (1611) ... (14146) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by MrTA(m): 2:25pm On May 10, 2015
SailorXY:
should be after tax, I believe.

No its not.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by tess1(m): 3:04pm On May 10, 2015
Depay just scored a 30 yard free kick making him the player with most goals (7 goals) from free kicks in Europe's top 6 leagues this season.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by SailorXY: 3:10pm On May 10, 2015
qpr dismembered!
Aguero golden boot grin cool
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Nobody: 3:11pm On May 10, 2015
elampiro:

He is a calamity. He and Casilas are responsible for half of the goals Madrid concede. Although he is still young and will mature.

If Varane is a calamity,then I wonder what you think of Rojo,Jones,Evans,Mc Nair,Blackett and Smalling who are nowhere as rated as Varane and by the way I would like to have this calamity too in my team.At least he can stay fit and also defend well
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by SailorXY: 3:12pm On May 10, 2015
prediction
Chelshit 1 Liverpool 2
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Nobody: 3:12pm On May 10, 2015
Bear in mind also that this calamity is also the reason Madrid are 2nd and in the Champs league semi-finals.I see how good our own defenders are hanging on for fourth place against Crystal Palace yesterday.Calamity indeed!
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by chrisley024(m): 3:17pm On May 10, 2015
SailorXY:
prediction

Chelshit 1 Liverpool 2
Are you serious you want L'pool to win
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Nobody: 3:21pm On May 10, 2015
Debroslink:

Ever since Pep became a coach, his biggest failure in UCL is a semifinal place. He has never gone below that. I believe that with the amount of money the club has, he will be able to spend on quality players and sell those old cargos and English players in that team. Hart should retain his position so as to avoid the wrath of the British press.

Pal you have to put things in context.The Barca that Pep inherited was one of the if not the best clubs football has ever seen and that is why they kept semi final after semi final and finals.The Bayern team that Pep inherited just won the treble(Champs league and German Double) the previous season under Juup Heckynes.You talking about teams with antecedents and not just ordinary teams.Has Man city never progressed past the group stages before and just made it to the knockouts where they were disgraced by Barca.It's a totally different scenario altogether!

Man city I hope you know are affected by financial fair play and won't be able to spend that money you think they will and also its not in the same class with the teams Pep has taken to the semi finals you talk about.So its not going to be magical that Pep will appear and Gbam Man city will find themselves in the semi finals.Different situations really smiley
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by chrisley024(m): 3:21pm On May 10, 2015
Kemizee:

If Varane is a calamity,then I wonder what you think of Rojo,Jones,Evans,Mc Nair,Blackett and Smalling who are nowhere as rated as Varane and by the way I would like to have this calamity too in my team.At least he can stay fit and also defend well
I must say I'm yet to see what's so good about this Varane.

Btw, Madrid defence is average. Their attack mask their performance.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by chrisley024(m): 3:25pm On May 10, 2015
Thunder go fire JM.

No Matic, no Azpilicueta
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by eghos12(m): 3:34pm On May 10, 2015
elampiro:

They were in division one then and Jones was a teenager.

i dont hate jones it is just that if manutd keep spending money like others he may find himself on the bench or in aston villa or everton
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Nobody: 3:38pm On May 10, 2015
SailorXY:

the only factor letting our defence down is injuries, & by extension, the team as a whole.
the group of defenders we have is good enough to foster formidable unit lined up together for as low as 4 games.

all these comparisons is bullshit - who is Cahill or Pepe or Lescott or Mertasacker or Sahko or Mangala when you measure classy centre backs in world football? but they are formidable as part of a unit not world beaters.

the decision makers @ Carrington need to look into this.
Shaw was ever present @ Southampton since his breakthrough, what's happened to him?
I don't understand what has happened to Rafael.
Rojo wasn't this prone last season.
Jones is another issue entirely.
look @ Nani/Cleverley/Hernandez now, filing out week in week out. something has to be wrong somewhere.

Pal you are severely underrating Pepe and Cahill and massively overrating the defenders we have.Don't get me wrong,I am not saying that they are no-goods.But if you are objective,both of them av done way better than Smalling and Jones this season

I am only saying that you think only injuries is what is holding them back.Well you know what?

I dnt think so.Yes injuries av played a part but I watch them when they are fit and frankly they are not good enough.maybe good enough for 3rd/4th but title challengers?Hell No..(this is my own opinion) and by the way I wud take Pepe and Cahill over any of our current defenders all day long. Smalling and Jones are not remotely better than Cahill and Evans.Its not as if Smalling and Jones are Thiago Silva and Boateng(who are acclaimed as universally better).Also Pepe and Cahill manage to stay fitter and injury-free compared to them so tell me one reason why I would think Smalling and Jones are better than Pepe and Cahill?Even If you say they are better..what is the essence of having a car that has engine breakdown all the time?

2 Likes

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by eghos12(m): 3:38pm On May 10, 2015
i bet if murinho was playing asernal after wining primerleague he will start his stars
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Nobody: 3:42pm On May 10, 2015
chrisley024:
I must say I'm yet to see what's so good about this Varane.

Btw, Madrid defence is average. Their attack mask their performance.

I will only respond to this because we are friends here.if we met outside I didn't know you. i wouldn't bother answering you.

A defence that was close to winning La Liga 4 weeks ago(2nd now to Barca)and one foot into the champs league final is average

How wud u describe our own defence then?

Average is not the right word my friend.You can say they have weak inks in the defence/loopholes but outrightly calling it average is going too far..Don't you think?
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by SailorXY: 3:45pm On May 10, 2015
chrisley024:
Are you serious you want L'pool to win
why should I care who wins? i have my bread in my hands & if I can't butter it, then I probably don't deserve to chew it undecided
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by chrisley024(m): 3:50pm On May 10, 2015
Kemizee:

I will only respond to this because we are friends here.if we met outside I didn't know you. i wouldn't bother answering you.

A defence that was close to winning La Liga 4 weeks ago(2nd now to Barca)and one foot into the champs league final is average

How wud u describe our own defence then?

Average is not the right word my friend.You can say they have weak inks in the defence/loopholes but outrightly calling it average is going too far..Don't you think?
All thanks to their attack. Their defence has conceded more than all the teams in the Laliga top 4.

That's a huge concern.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Tval(m): 4:08pm On May 10, 2015
Terry should have more goals than falcao grin

1 Like

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by diggz: 4:08pm On May 10, 2015
IYANGBALI:
I go wound the 2 of you

Hope you don see we line up? We are so selling the match today wink cheesy tongue
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by diggz: 4:09pm On May 10, 2015
Tval:

You wan start fight for here ooo....! lipsrsealed cheesy
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by chrisley024(m): 4:11pm On May 10, 2015
Falcao go score on bench undecided
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by ElFenomeno1: 4:55pm On May 10, 2015
John Terry ..... more goals than Falcao in the league and other competitions grin
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by ElFenomeno1: 4:56pm On May 10, 2015
Tval:
he already did since March.
cheesy
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by ElFenomeno1: 4:57pm On May 10, 2015
chrisley024:
stop fashioning silly excuses
Falcao even if he plays 90 minutes every week still won't score more than JT.
You should be ashamed of yourself for coming to defend Falcao here
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by chrisley024(m): 5:54pm On May 10, 2015
Hmmm. One more point
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by IYANGBALI: 6:22pm On May 10, 2015
diggz:

Hope you don see we line up? We are so selling the match today wink cheesy tongue
una try now,but God pass una tongue
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by afrodoc2: 6:24pm On May 10, 2015
chrisley024:

As things are now Falcao is not better than Kingsley Obiekwu or Alloy Agu as a striker.
He can't out run defenders, he can't hold up play, his finishing is fecal, he can't even choose better boot ( falling all over the place like a drunkard).
I am not talking about goal stats now, just general play........one doesn't need to watch him 90 mins weekly to know Monaco loaned us an expired product.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by SetrakusRa(m): 6:38pm On May 10, 2015
Top four already sealed ...

How do you guys think we should line-up with Depay?

.............. DDG... ...........
Valencia...Smalling...Jones...Shaw...
... ......... Blind..................
...... Herrera........Di Maria.. ......
..Mata............................Depay....
............... Rooney/RvP...................

I still think Di Maria's best position is in midfield. He was great during our 3-5-2 days playing in left side midfield.. With Shaw, Di Maria and Depay in that left side, we'll have much flair and pace.. We just need a destroyer at DM to balance it..

1 Like

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by folba(m): 6:46pm On May 10, 2015
tess1:
Depay just scored a 30 yard free kick making him the player with most goals (7 goals) from free kicks in Europe's top 6 leagues this season.
Twas fantastic just saw it.The is gonna be a hit,just that am skeptical of the PHILOSOPHY wc might not afford him the needed freedom
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by folba(m): 6:47pm On May 10, 2015
tess1:
Twas fantastic just saw it.The guy is gonna be a hit,just that am skeptical of the PHILOSOPHY wc might not afford him the needed freedom
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Leyqute(m): 7:02pm On May 10, 2015
SetrakusRa:

I still think Di Maria's best position is in midfield. He was great during our 3-5-2 days playing in left side midfield.. With Shaw, Di Maria and Depay in that left side, we'll have much flair and pace.. We just need a destroyer at DM to balance it..

No. NO. No.

DiMaria ---------------Mata ----------- Depay
--------------------RvP/Rooney/Better CF--------------

These four combined with a good DM and CM will demolish teams. I still believe in DiMaria, he hasn't totally lost it.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by chrisley024(m): 7:06pm On May 10, 2015
SetrakusRa:

Take away Blind from the DM position and put Carrick/new DM
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by diggz: 7:18pm On May 10, 2015
chrisley024:
Take away Blind from the DM position and put Carrick/new DM

Please I am a little bit confused here,I thought blind is way better than matic according to you guys? How come the same blind is no longer fit to play in the dm position ?

Abeg Coogar should show face wit all those many stats he use to paste on this thread to convince/confuse you guys dat blind is better dan matic. I know sailor or starboard can also help in dis regard.

(1) (2) (3) ... (1605) (1606) (1607) (1608) (1609) (1610) (1611) ... (14146) (Reply)

Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021

Viewing this topic: 9 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 47
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.