Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,703 members, 7,816,876 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 07:13 PM

Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion - European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) (1609) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) / Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion (8721182 Views)

Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 / Manchester United Fan Thread: Premier League Champions 2010/11 / Manchester United Fan thread: Forever Reds (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (1606) (1607) (1608) (1609) (1610) (1611) (1612) ... (14146) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by chrisley024(m): 7:21pm On May 10, 2015
diggz:

Please I am a little bit confused here,I thought blind is way better than matic according to you guys? How come the same blind is no longer fit to play in the dm position ?

Abeg Coogar should show face wit all those many stats he use to paste on this thread to convince/confuse you guys dat blind is better dan matic. I know sailor or starboard can also help in dis regard.
Possible he was during that period.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by lekkie073(m): 7:27pm On May 10, 2015
SetrakusRa:
Top four already sealed ...

How do you guys think we should line-up with Depay?

.............. DDG... ...........
Valencia...Smalling...Jones...Shaw...
... ......... Blind..................
...... Herrera........Di Maria.. ......
..Mata............................Depay....
............... Rooney/RvP...................

I still think Di Maria's best position is in midfield. He was great during our 3-5-2 days playing in left side midfield.. With Shaw, Di Maria and Depay in that left side, we'll have much flair and pace.. We just need a destroyer at DM to balance it..
...................................de gea.........................

Clyne......smalling......... Rojo..........blind/young

............................carrick........Herrera......................

mata/di maria......Fellaini..............depay......

.....................................new CF............................

The problem with our present strikers is DAT they are always in a hurry to touch the ball thereby leaving their postition
With Carrick Herrera mata depay and fellaini on the pitch, our centre forward should be somehow in the mould of chicharito who will be patient enough to let the midfielders do their job and finish it off when the ball gets to him in front of the opponents box....
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by SailorXY: 7:32pm On May 10, 2015
diggz:

Please I am a little bit confused here,I thought blind is way better than matic according to you guys? How come the same blind is no longer fit to play in the dm position ?

Abeg Coogar should show face wit all those many stats he use to paste on this thread to convince/confuse you guys dat blind is better dan matic. I know sailor or starboard can also help in dis regard.
United don't play double pivot. in the 4-4-2 diamond, his play was excellent combining with di Maria's pace & Herrera's tenacity.

with a pacey DM beside him in double pivot, it's a different matter entirely.
everything's not jam-body & pawa, else Sergio will be an instrumentalist in a train station of Madrid

you should buy a big enough TV set.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by SailorXY: 7:38pm On May 10, 2015
afrodoc2:

As things are now Falcao is not better than Kingsley Obiekwu or Alloy Agu as a striker.
He can't out run defenders, he can't hold up play, his finishing is fecal, he can't even choose better boot ( falling all over the place like a drunkard).
I am not talking about goal stats now, just general play........one doesn't need to watch him 90 mins weekly to know Monaco loaned us an expired product.
grin grin grin perhaps we should hand trials to Peter Ijeh - the new Jay-Jay/Papillo rolled into one. oh sorry that title belongs to Mikel cheesy

between Mikel is finished! he should move to Russian League, closer to his girlfriend cool
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Nobody: 7:39pm On May 10, 2015
SetrakusRa:
Top four already sealed ...

How do you guys think we should line-up with Depay?

.............. DDG... ...........
Valencia...Smalling...Jones...Shaw...
... ......... Blind..................
...... Herrera........Di Maria.. ......
..Mata............................Depay....
............... Rooney/RvP...................

I still think Di Maria's best position is in midfield. He was great during our 3-5-2 days playing in left side midfield.. With Shaw, Di Maria and Depay in that left side, we'll have much flair and pace.. We just need a destroyer at DM to balance it..

@Setrakus if we line up with this team,then you don't want us to win the league next season because as it stands,Depay is the only new addition and that is not enough. RVP is finished,Rooney is no longer Rooney,Blind is not physical enough for the DM position.I can bet on my life that Smalling and Jones won't be fit for more than 60% of the season,Valencia is not the kind of right back that a team with title ambitions should av..So No chance we can win the league with that.The best we can do is top 3/4 and that is even being generous.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by elampiro(m): 7:53pm On May 10, 2015
Kemizee:

If Varane is a calamity,then I wonder what you think of Rojo,Jones,Evans,Mc Nair,Blackett and Smalling who are nowhere as rated as Varane and by the way I would like to have this calamity too in my team.At least he can stay fit and also defend well

Smalling and Jones are better than Verane at the moment.

Everyone is thought to be better than Jones and Smalling, that was why Arsenal wanted to play a smart one on us when we went for Thomas Vermaelen.

I am yet to see any special Verane does for Madrid this season. He is a negative addition. Jones and Smalling would have fared better there.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by parrotibaba(m): 7:56pm On May 10, 2015
@setrakusra There is no way we r going to line up like dat next season cos according to LVG ,more players r coming in to increase competition n I'm looking at him getting at least 3 defenders(a right back n two center halves) ,a DMF because of Carrick's injury n a striker

meaning that...

the likes of pawa Jones or Evans would be loaned/sold out

At least now dat we hv qualified for d UCL ,I expect us to close deals b4 preseason starts
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by elampiro(m): 7:58pm On May 10, 2015
diggz:

Bros oscar and young dont play same position so why compare dem? Even willian hardly plays on the left flank either as a winger or a left wing back so i do not understand the need for comparing them.
If you ask me sha i will take willian over young all day everyday. I careless about all those una starts wey una dey bring up. Except you say Nani is better dan willain as a winger dat i wont bother to disagree but young? Naaaaaaah.....

It would have been better if you went to the genesis of the argument. Position played was not the basis that guy used in putting all Chelsea first 11 above Young. So is immaterial if Oscar or William are defenders or strikers. Young is far better. I am not even talking statistics.

Even my Chelsea friends are telling me they are tired of Williams, that he always slow their attack whenever the ball gets to him. Compare that to Young who is ever forward marching and tearing defenders apart.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Nobody: 8:23pm On May 10, 2015
elampiro:

Smalling and Jones are better than Verane at the moment.

Everyone is thought to be better than Jones and Smalling, that was why Arsenal wanted to play a smart one on us when we went for Thomas Vermaelen.

I am yet to see any special Verane does for Madrid this season. He is a negative addition. Jones and Smalling would have fared better there.

I just have to leave you with your thoughts.Fair enough.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by elampiro(m): 8:34pm On May 10, 2015
Kemizee:
Bear in mind also that this calamity is also the reason Madrid are 2nd and in the Champs league semi-finals.I see how good our own defenders are hanging on for fourth place against Crystal Palace yesterday.Calamity indeed!

Do you think Madrid are what they are because of their defence? Their defence is their weak point. If not for their weak defence they would have won the league with 4 matches to spare. And Verane is the principal failure. They went behind when he was asked to step into the shoes of the injured defenders.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by elampiro(m): 8:39pm On May 10, 2015
chrisley024:
All thanks to their attack. Their defence has conceded more than all the teams in the Laliga top 4.

That's a huge concern.

Wao! I just saw this. This says it all. I wonder if this guys watch Madrid games. Their defence brought them down, and their worst part came when I think Pepe (or Ramos) was injured and Verane was asked to step in. Then Barca had the opportunity to close the gap and overtake.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by elampiro(m): 8:49pm On May 10, 2015
Matic is solid sha. Look out how he brought stability to the back when he came on. I still think a DM first duty is to shield the defence.

1 Like

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by elampiro(m): 8:54pm On May 10, 2015
Welcome back to Champions League football. cheesy

Original
Ce sont les meilleures équipes
Sie sind die allerbesten Mannschaften
The main event
Die Meister'
Die Besten
Les Grandes Équipes
The Champions
Une grande réunion
Eine große sportliche Veranstaltung
The main event
Ils sont les meilleurs
Sie sind die Besten
These are the champions
Chorus (2x):

Die Meister
Die Besten
Les Grandes Équipes
The Champions

English
These are the best teams
They are the very best
teams
The main event
The Masters
The best
The great teams
The champions
A large gathering
A great sporting
event
The main event
They are the best
They are the best
These are the champions
Chorus (2x):

The masters
The best
The great teams
The champions

1 Like

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by diggz: 9:00pm On May 10, 2015
chrisley024:
Possible he was during that period.

Ehn ehn...! Ok oooo.

SailorXY:

United don't play double pivot. in the 4-4-2 diamond, his play was excellent combining with di Maria's pace & Herrera's tenacity.
with a pacey DM beside him in double pivot, it's a different matter entirely.
everything's not jam-body & pawa, else Sergio will be an instrumentalist in a train station of Madrid
you should buy a big enough TV set.

Oga e b like say u go gimme loan buy 72inches TV cheesy
So according to you na only jam body & pawa matic be abi ? Anyways not to worry just leave am for us like dat u hear bcus if u provide us with 50 of ur blind man we will pick matic da magic all day everyday. Thank you.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by MrTA(m): 9:03pm On May 10, 2015
Surprised Liverpool allowed Terry to score from a corner, they're usually good at defending racists.

9 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by diggz: 9:09pm On May 10, 2015
elampiro:

It would have been better if you went to the genesis of the argument. Position played was not the basis that guy used in putting all Chelsea first 11 above Young. So is immaterial if Oscar or William are defenders or strikers. Young is far better. I am not even talking statistics.

Even my Chelsea friends are telling me they are tired of Williams, that he always slow their attack whenever the ball gets to him. Compare that to Young who is ever forward marching and tearing defenders apart.

Ok o...I hear u
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by leggo: 9:24pm On May 10, 2015
MrTA:
Surprised Liverpool allowed Terry to score from a corner, they're usually good at defending racists.
Sweet baby Geezuz!!!! grin
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by SailorXY: 9:33pm On May 10, 2015
the game today was more comedy than sport.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by MrTA(m): 9:45pm On May 10, 2015
leggo:

Sweet baby Geezuz!!!! grin

I'm going to come clean and admit i stole that from twitter.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by SetrakusRa(m): 9:52pm On May 10, 2015
Kemizee:

@Setrakus if we line up with this team,then you don't want us to win the league next season because as it stands,Depay is the only new addition and that is not enough. RVP is finished,Rooney is no longer Rooney,Blind is not physical enough for the DM position.I can bet on my life that Smalling and Jones won't be fit for more than 60% of the season,Valencia is not the kind of right back that a team with title ambitions should av..So No chance we can win the league with that.The best we can do is top 3/4 and that is even being generous.

I meant our current team being lined up with Depay ONLY.. Of course, we need more additions, but that should be a suitable line up with Depay..

1 Like

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by SetrakusRa(m): 9:54pm On May 10, 2015
I don't think LvG will be going 4-2-3-1 anytime soon... The signing of Depay already shows we're going 4-3-3 next season..
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by chrisley024(m): 9:55pm On May 10, 2015
Next is play off. So we're likely to play against 4th place of Spain or Bundesliga, or 3rd place of Italy. No be beans

No jonsing o!
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by SailorXY: 10:15pm On May 10, 2015
chrisley024:
Next is play off. So we're likely to play against 4th place of Spain or Bundesliga, or 3rd place of Italy. No be beans

No jonsing o!
even if na from J-League, it wouldn't matter.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by PietroRico(m): 10:17pm On May 10, 2015
SetrakusRa:
I don't think LvG will be going 4-2-3-1 anytime soon... The signing of Depay already shows we're going 4-3-3 next season..
greetings bro

please can I ask u for a favour?
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by elampiro(m): 10:17pm On May 10, 2015
chrisley024:

No jonsing o!

How did you arrive at this?

I will take the Bundesliga team.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by chrisley024(m): 7:46am On May 11, 2015
elampiro:

How did you arrive at this?

I will take the Bundesliga team.
Guessing. We might be lucky and have an easier fixture like Arsenal that played Besiktas
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by landinfo: 9:24am On May 11, 2015
lekkie073:

[s]...................................de gea.........................[/s]

Clyne......smalling......... Rojo..........blind/young

............................carrick........Herrera......................

mata/di maria......Fellaini..............depay......

.....................................new CF............................

That playa is sey to leave for Real Madrid so LVG job now is to find hiz replacement......kapiiiiish
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by SailorXY: 9:56am On May 11, 2015
Nairalandinfo:

That playa is sey to leave for Real Madrid so LVG job now is to find hiz replacement......kapiiiiish
you know cuz you are the agent working on the deal.

you can locate a concrete pillar in your vicinity when de Gea stars next season tongue

3 Likes

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by chrisley024(m): 10:48am On May 11, 2015
SailorXY:

you can locate a concrete pillar in your vicinity... tongue
and do the needful grin cheesy
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by iheanyi40(m): 1:03pm On May 11, 2015
SailorXY:
you can locate a concrete pillar in your vicinity when de Gea stars next season tongue
chrisley024:
and do the needful grin cheesy
gringrin
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by SailorXY: 1:34pm On May 11, 2015

where can we find midfielders with this kind of vision from deep?
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by diggz: 1:37pm On May 11, 2015
SailorXY:

where can we find midfielders with this kind of vision from deep?

bros u don try ajegunle ? cheesy

(1) (2) (3) ... (1606) (1607) (1608) (1609) (1610) (1611) (1612) ... (14146) (Reply)

Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021

Viewing this topic: MRTA7 and 4 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 54
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.