Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,739 members, 7,824,124 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 11:42 PM

Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion - European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) (1641) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) / Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion (8758393 Views)

Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 / Manchester United Fan Thread: Premier League Champions 2010/11 / Manchester United Fan thread: Forever Reds (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (1638) (1639) (1640) (1641) (1642) (1643) (1644) ... (14159) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by elampiro(m): 12:00am On May 25, 2015
And look at the gif you brought, anything to rubbish Rooney. All these happen every day in football.

Rooney gave Di Mara a nice assist at Emirate, he missed. Another one he would have scored himself or given to RVP was wrongly ruled offside.

He gave Di Maria two more one vs one in other matches and he missed. RVP missed one too from Rooney fine set up.

Again Spurs what would have been his second goal was wrongly ruled offside. I remember another match he was called back wrongly.

So forget all your negative markings. Anything to rubbish Rooney.

We need a striker but not the way you are saying it.

Bye!
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by coogar: 12:05am On May 25, 2015
elampiro:
And look at the gif you brought, anything to rubbish Rooney. All these happen every day in football.

Rooney gave Di Mara a nice assist at Emirate, he missed. Another one he would have scored himself or given to RVP was wrongly ruled offside.

He gave Di Maria two more one vs one in other matches and he missed. RVP missed one too from Rooney fine set up.

Again Spurs what would have been his second goal was wrongly ruled offside. I remember another match he was called back wrongly.

So forget all your negative markings. Anything to rubbish Rooney.

We need a striker but not the way you are saying it.

Bye!

don't get emotional over rooney's inability to perform. he earns £300k/week & he performs like an enyimba forward. he wasn't under pressure at all, how did he let mata drift offside before releasing the ball. it was 2 united players versus one city defender.

a simple outside of the right foot contact with the ball to mata's path was all he needed to do. one touch! however, rooney needed 3 to control the ball & release to a team mate. how do we intend to win the CL with this brainless forward? grin

we need more than a striker....we need 2 strikers. lacazette would be cheap. if we can get lacazette & dybala......bring hernandez back and we are good to go. rooney is wasted now to lead us to the promised land.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by elampiro(m): 12:08am On May 25, 2015
coogar:

and that is why he has 4 in 14. you said 5 in 12, but it's 4 in 14 apps. 1 minute on the pitch & 97 mins on the pitch = 1 appearance.

the PL website has settled this argument - what they have there is 4-2-3-1, not 4-4-2 as you claim.

any more excuses? grin

Which kind true yeye be this. He has 6 Epl goals as a Centre forward. 6 in 14 epl matches. I listed them and you discounted the penalty in your hatred and wayo plus lies.

in all he has 8 goals as a, cf in all competitions.

if u like keep distorting the facts and truth. you can never take his wages or change his club legend status.

bye.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by coogar: 12:11am On May 25, 2015
elampiro:

Which kind true talk be this. He has 6 Epl goals as a Centre forward. 6 in 14 epl matches. I listed them and you discounted the penalty in your hatred and wayo plus lies.

in all he has 8 goals as a, cf in all competitions.

if u like keep distorting the facts and truth. you can never take his wages or change his club legend status.

bye.

who dash rooney 6 goals as a centre forward? he has 4!!! your holy-grail reported it as 4. the PL official site has it as 4. wetin remain again?
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by elampiro(m): 12:16am On May 25, 2015
elampiro:

It's even 6 EPL goals as a centre forward. 2 FA cu goals as a centre forward. Rooney has 8 goals in 15 appearances in all competitions as a centre forward.

Man United 1 Swansea 2 1 goals
Man United 4 QPR 1 1 goal.
Man Utd 2 - 0 Sunderland 2 goals
Man Utd 1 - 2 Arsenal 1 goal
Man Utd 3 - 0 Tottenham goal 1
Man Utd 3 - 1 Aston Villa goal 1

FA Cup
1 GOAL VS PRESTON
1 GOAL VS ARSENAL

Anyone who doesn't know arithmetic can be pardoned. Yori Yori.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by coogar: 12:29am On May 25, 2015
elampiro:

Anyone who doesn't know arithmetic can be pardoned. Yori Yori.

lies will not get you far.

rooney played & scored as a CF against...

•swansea
•QPR
•villa
•spurs

RVP started as the CF against arsenal @ the emirates & when he came off, di maria was our most advanced player with rooney tucking behind.

against sunderland, rooney was an AM/SS.

rooney fired blanks as a CF against.....

•sunderland(away)
•burnley(away)
•swansea(away)
•newcastle(away)

•liverpool(away)
•city(home)
•everton(away)
•crystal palace(away)
•hull(away)

it must also be noted that a striker that has only 1 away league goal all season is a worthless striker. even falcao & RVP scored more than 1 league goal away from home.

any more excuses? grin
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by elampiro(m): 12:31am On May 25, 2015
coogar:

falcao was taken off immediately after he won the penalty. that was when rooney went forward. i mean, if falcao wins a penalty & rooney scores from it......you are giving the credits to rooney's starting position?

This is another lie from the pit of hell

Falcao celebrated with Rooney after he converted the penalty. After which he was taken off two minutes after Rooney scored. Read the emphasis.

Coogar do you even watch our matches? stats, opta and gif have affected your brain.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by coogar: 12:58am On May 25, 2015
elampiro:

This is another lie from the pit of hell

Falcao celebrated with Rooney after he converted the penalty. After which he was taken off two minutes after Rooney scored. Read the emphasis.

Coogar do you even watch our matches? stats, opta and gif have affected your brain.

falcao didn't touch the ball again in that game till he was subbed off. rooney benefitted from a goal he knew nothing of.

falcao went off, rooney went to the CF role & he got another goal. fact still remains he scored only 1 away goal all season. it's an effing disgrace!
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by elampiro(m): 1:14am On May 25, 2015
coogar:

falcao didn't touch the ball again in that game till he was subbed off. rooney benefitted from a goal he knew nothing of.

falcao went off, rooney went to the CF role & he got another goal. fact still remains he scored only 1 away goal all season. it's an effing disgrace!

RVP also benefited from a penalty he knew nothing about. when it's Rooney it causes you sleepless nights.

The point is Falcao left after penalty scored. You were trying to deceive us
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by elampiro(m): 1:16am On May 25, 2015
coogar is a fiction writer
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by parrotibaba(m): 6:02am On May 25, 2015
Truly we need a new center forward n not just any center forward ,a 20 goal a season striker cos wazza can't lead d line next season ,he just can't!!
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by elampiro(m): 6:25am On May 25, 2015
coogar:

lies will not get you far.

rooney played & scored as a CF against...

•swansea
•QPR
•villa
•spurs

RVP started as the CF against arsenal @ the emirates & when he came off, di maria was our most advanced player with rooney tucking behind.

against sunderland, rooney was an AM/SS.

rooney fired blanks as a CF against.....

•sunderland(away)
•burnley(away)
•swansea(away)
•newcastle(away)

•liverpool(away)
•city(home)
•everton(away)
•crystal palace(away)
•hull(away)

it must also be noted that a striker that has only 1 away league goal all season is a worthless striker. even falcao & RVP scored more than 1 league goal away from home.

any more excuses? grin

Later in the day I will help u list van Persie matches he fired blank even though we were to accept your dubious stat. You will see the difference.

RVP has twice number of matches you listed above.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by elampiro(m): 6:56am On May 25, 2015
parrotibaba:
Truly we need a new center forward n not just any center forward ,a 20 goal a season striker cos wazza can't lead d line next season ,he just can't!!

If Waza is entrusted with the top 9 duty he will score 25 goals. he has never failed from there when entrusted.

We will be better creatively next season . Yesterday waza did not get any service in the box. d only one he got around d 25 yards he hit the cross bar even though marked
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by sinizia: 7:30am On May 25, 2015
parrotibaba:

I agree. Rooney can't lead the line. I like him, but he's overhyped. He's earning way above his standards. His wages are meant for the likes of Messi and CR7. With such a huge amount, he can't even score up to 25 Premier League goals. What a joke!! His goal return is too poor for someone earning such a huge amount of money. We need a good 9, Rooney is not a good striker. Scores less goals for a striker. Can't he take a cue from Suarez, Costa, Aguero? Rooney is overhyped!!

1 Like

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by parrotibaba(m): 11:05am On May 25, 2015
elampiro:

If Waza is entrusted with the top 9 duty he will score 25 goals. he has never failed from there when entrusted.

We will be better creatively next season . Yesterday waza did not get any service in the box. d only one he got around d 25 yards he hit the cross bar even though marked
no he can't n remember he is not getting any younger ,either we cash in on him or he becomes a squad player ,we need a striker dat can bang in d goals not on dat scores 1 goal in 7 matches
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by parrotibaba(m): 11:09am On May 25, 2015
sinizia:

I agree. Rooney can't lead the line. I like him, but he's overhyped. He's earning way above his standards. His wages ae meant for the likes of Messi and CR7. With such a huge amount, he can't even score up to 25 Premier League goals. What a joke!! His goal return is too poor for someone earning such a huge amount of money. We need a good 9, Rooney is not a good striker. Scores less goals for a striker. Can't he take a cue from Suarez, Costa, Aguero? Rooney is overhyped!!

my point exactly, u don't pay a player €300k per week n he can't even score up to 16 goals per season, I blame Moyes for dis ,I was of d opinion dat we cashed in on him but not to Chelsea...
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by coogar: 11:13am On May 25, 2015
parrotibaba:
my point exactly, u don't pay a player €300k per week n he can't even score up to 16 goals per season, I blame Moyes for dis ,I was of d opinion dat we cashed in on him but not to Chelsea...

we are just throwing money into a furnace. rooney cannot 15 league goals as a striker again. it's over for him. he can no longer even do simple things like trapping the ball, passing accurately, completing a 1-2 ball or even shooting on target.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by sinizia: 12:30pm On May 25, 2015
parrotibaba:

If you were around me now, i'd have bought you any beer of your choice!! You spoke my mind. Moyes is the cause of all these madness. Ferguson would've cashed on Rooney immediately Chelshit came calling. But the dumb Moyes in order to please God-knows-who retained his services. There are many hungry strikers around the world that can cop £30, 000 a week and get us 25 goals per season. Rooney eating €300K per week with low return of goals is one of the most hideous crime in football!!
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by elampiro(m): 12:33pm On May 25, 2015
coogar:

we are just throwing money into a furnace. rooney cannot 15 league goals as a striker again. it's over for him. he can no longer even do simple things like trapping the ball, passing accurately, completing a 1-2 ball or even shooting on target.

It seems you watch one match and jump into conclusion. Yesterday all our players couldn't control the ball. Di Maria, Young, Mata and Janujaz were the worst. I was wondering if they had commenced their holiday.

Rooney has been head and shoulder above Falcao, RVP, Wilson in ball control and build up play in the number 9. This season.

I know you are angry Rooney has outlived Falcao again. The Falcao you believed at this time last year will send Rooney to his grave even if were to play with injuries. every player out there has always been better than Rooney, now I guess it is Lewandosky. Should he come and go next season you will say Rooney should be dropped for Sturridge. oh I forget u aleady used sturridge and Sterling to rubbish Rooney last season. May be Balotelli. Oh that was in the past too. okay Harry Kane.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by sinizia: 12:35pm On May 25, 2015
coogar:

I've been saying this for the past two seasons that Rooney is overhyped, but Man Utd fans keep shouting me down. Saying i hate Rooney. What's there to hate other than Rooney's overpaid wages which he doesn't merit? Man Utd fans can be sentimental when it comes to Rooney. Rooney can never almost single handedly lead Liverfool like Suarez and Torres did. He's been at Man Utd for over 7 years now and he's yet to match Charlton's goal tally, yet Ronaldo, a winger is soon gonna become Madrid's all time scorer after few seasons. Rooney is over paid and over hyped!!
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by coogar: 12:39pm On May 25, 2015
elampiro:

It seems you watch one match and jump into conclusion. Yesterday all our players couldn't control the ball. Di Maria, Young, Mata and Janujaz were the worst. I was wondering if they had commenced their holiday.

rooney has been shyte for 10 weeks!
that's the difference. a striker that has one away goal in the league all season is worthless. don't even try to colour this argument by bringing young & mata to the discourse. rooney is pure w@nk!

Rooney has been head and shoulder above Falcao, RVP, Wilson in ball control and build up play in the number 9. This season.

falcao did better than rooney as a #9 this season.

I know you are angry Rooney has outlived Falcao again. The Falcao you believed at this time last year will send Rooney to his grave even if were to play with injuries. every player out there has always been better than Rooney, now I guess it is Lewandosky. Should he come and go next season you will say Rooney should be dropped for Sturridge. oh I forget u aleady used sturridge and Sterling to rubbish Rooney last season. May be Balotelli. Oh that was in the past too. okay Harry Kane.

1 away goal per season?
the witches of edo state have withdrawn their support from rooney. rooney is a complete liability to himself, never mind man utd. his time is over. at his age, RVP delivered the title for us on a plate. rooney @29 is worse than drogba @37

sinizia:

I've been saying this for the past two seasons that Rooney is overhyped, but Man Utd fans keep shouting me down. Saying i hate Rooney. What's there to hate other than Rooney's overpaid wages which he doesn't merit? Man Utd fans can be sentimental when it comes to Rooney. Rooney can never almost single handedly lead Liverfool like Suarez and Torres did. He's been at Man Utd for over 7 years now and he's yet to match Charlton's goal tally, yet Ronaldo, a winger is soon gonna become Madrid's all time scorer after few seasons. Rooney is over paid and over hyped!!

only moröns are sentimental about rooney.
he has been consistently shyte since the last few weeks of 11/12 season. why do you think fergie went out of his way to purchase RVP?

please don't compare rooney to torres/suarez. he is not in their category at all. what has rooney achieved singlehandedly on his own? each time he's been trusted to lead the line, we have failed to win the league.

yet, they talk about his goal record nearing bobby charlton.....but they won't tell you he joined united @18 years of age and he would soon be 30. that's 12 good years of his youth @ united as a striker. it's a disgrace he hasn't broken that record.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by elampiro(m): 12:40pm On May 25, 2015
parrotibaba:

Rooney makes millions for Manchester United and has made money over the years for the club enough to pay the entire Club paroll for a decade .

As of 2012 Rooney had the EPL record for most shirt sales. When you consider Becks sold over a million replica shirts u could imagine how much multiply by sales price.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by elampiro(m): 12:46pm On May 25, 2015
coogar:

that's the difference. a striker that has one away goal in the league all season is worthless. don't even try to colour this argument by bringing young & mata to the discourse. rooney is pure w@nk!

1 away goal per season?
the witches of edo state have withdrawn their support from rooney. rooney is a complete liability to himself, never mind man utd. his time is over. at his age, RVP delivered the title for us on a plate. rooney @29 is worse than drogba @37

he has been consistently shyte since the last few weeks of 11/12 season. why do you think fergie went out of his way to purchase RVP?

please don't compare rooney to torres/suarez. he is not in their category at all. what has rooney achieved singlehandedly on his own? each time he's been trusted to lead the line, we have failed to win the league.

yet, they talk about his goal record nearing bobby charlton.....but they won't tell you he joined united @18 years of age and he would soon be 30. that's 12 good years of his youth @ united as a striker. it's a disgrace he hasn't broken that record.

Rooney will be here next season beating whoever is coming as the hired number 9. grin

Go and die for your jelosi of 300k/week.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by elampiro(m): 12:49pm On May 25, 2015
Coogar see you at night. Logging out.

Continue your sleepless nights and hatred. You dey vex say Falcao don go and Rooney still dey. Should it be like that next season, which I am sure will happen, Coogar go commit suicide oohhh.

Rooney will score 30 goals next season.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by elampiro(m): 12:53pm On May 25, 2015
But I wish Falcao all the best. It's painful even to me. I learnt he told Gaal that if given preseason he will get back a lot.

Well life goes on.

Log out.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by coogar: 12:54pm On May 25, 2015
elampiro:

Rooney will be here next season beating whoever is coming as the hired number 9. grin

Go and die for your jelosi of 300k/week.

while his credibility as a striker continues to sink. he's now about 5 levels below messi, ronaldo, costa. grin

elampiro:
Coogar see you at night. Logging out.
Continue your sleepless night and hatred. You dey vex say Falcao don go and Rooney still dey. Should it be like that next season, which I am sure will happen, Coogar go commit suicide oohhh.

Rooney will score 30 goals next season.

timaya has a better chance of winning multiple grammy awards. grin
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Nobody: 1:00pm On May 25, 2015
sinizia:

Rooney has always been one of my favourite players in the premier league since Alex Fergie's tenure.
He's not the typical mechanical footballer that the English premier league breeds, He's overly technical, skillful and very brilliant with the ball..

come on, his current loss of form doesn't warrant such remarks.
I thought he was highly revered in premier league though..
I watch mainly la liga so I can't know.
the last man.united match I watched was the one v.p lost a penalty and Rooney played well IMO.

and I don't think he's over-hyped or over-paid.
If anyone is that, then its Diego Costa and not Wayne.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by sinizia: 1:49pm On May 25, 2015
Darkrebel666:

Rooney has always been one of my favourite players in the premier league since Alex Fergie's tenure.
He's not the typical mechanical footballer that the English premier league breeds, He's overly technical, skillful and very brilliant with the ball..

the last man.united match I watched was the one v.p lost a penalty and Rooney played well IMO.

Dark, trust me, Rooney is over-hyped. I'm not saying his wack, but he's over-paid compared to highly other paid superstars like Zlatan, Messi, Lewandoski, Suarez, Neymar, Ronaldo. Rooney came in 2004/2005 season, have played 335 Premier league matches for Man Utd and scored 170 goals. 10 years in Man Utd!! C'mon, read the stats, Dark. That lad doesn't merit €300K a week. He's no Messi. Look Zlatan, he's in 3rd season at PSG and about to Eclipse the record of Pauleta, PSG's highest goal scorer. Rooney's highest goal scoring season in 10 years of EPL is 27. Something Suarez surpassed in few seasons. Rooney is over-paid simple. Zlatan, Messi, Ronaldo scores those number of goals, year in, year out. Rooney is good player, i like him, but Moyes should have sold him!! He's not even our best player for the past 3 seasons. Abeg, he's over-hyped.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by sinizia: 1:55pm On May 25, 2015
coogar:

1 away goal per season?

Darkrebel66, i hope you are seeing the Rooney I'm talking about? 1 away goal for one full season. Jesus!! I'm ashamed of my Man Utd. It will never be well with that Moyes. Imagine a Zlatan scoring one away goal, he'll burnt to death. It's a taboo!!

Take a look at Rooney's goals in Man Utd since 2004/2005 and see that lad is over-hyped.

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Nobody: 2:12pm On May 25, 2015
Darkrebel666:

I wonder if Rooney is really what you said he is..then wha wud u say abt d likes of David Silva,Iniesta,Ozil??

Diego Costa is better than Wayne Rooney as far as striking is concerned.Wayne Rooney is on a steep hill of decline.He is still living on past glories and that can only take you so far.We need a new striker and that is not even in doubt otherwise next season we will all find out what some of us had already found out a long time ago namely..Wayne Rooney is not as good as some think he is
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by SailorXY: 3:58pm On May 25, 2015
Stats and facts from the 2014/15 Premier League season, provided by Opta... courtesy SkySports

WINS

Crystal Palace have now won two league games at Anfield. Alan Pardew played in the first (1991) and managed them in the second

Leicester became the first club to overturn a two-goal deficit against Manchester United in the Premier League when they beat them 5-3 in September.

Swansea became only the third team in Premier League history to beat both Arsenal and Man United home & away in the same season (along with West Ham in 06/07 and Chelsea in 09/10).

Relegated Hull have never won a Premier League fixture in May (D4 L9).

LOSSES

The four managers to defeat Mourinho this season all had names starting with P: Pardew, Pochettino, Parkinson and Pulis.

George Boyd became the 4th player to play for two relegated teams in the same PL seasons (along with Mark Robins in 94-95, Steve Kabba in 06-07 and David Nugent in 09-10).

Liverpool ended the season with their worst ever Premier League defeat (1-6) and it was the first time they’ve conceded 6+ goals in a league game since losing 7-2 to Tottenham in 1963.

Chelsea lost only four games all season (in all competitions), a record low for a team in the Premier League era.

Jose Mourinho has only lost two PL games by three goals (3-0 vs Middlesbrough in 2006, 3-0 vs WBA in 2015) and James Morrison played for the opposition in both.

QPR became the first team to lose their first 11 away games in a top-flight season since Liverpool in 1953/54.

ATTACK

Against Man Utd in May, Arsenal failed to have a single shot in the first-half of a PL game for the first time since November 2004 v Liverpool.

Ander Herrera scored with six of his seven shots on target in his debut Premier League campaign.

Sammy Ameobi scored eight seconds after coming on as a sub vs Tottenham, the fastest goal as a substitute Opta have recorded in the Premier League.

Sadio Mane's hat-trick for Southampton against Aston Villa took just two minutes and 56 seconds, the fastest ever seen in the Premier League.

Olivier Giroud scored in six consecutive Premier League games in Feb-April, the first Arsenal player to do so since Emmanuel Adebayor in 2008.

Liverpool ended the season with 52 goals, the same number that Luis Suarez and Daniel Sturridge scored between them in 2013-14.

Harry Kane won his team 24 points with his goals this season, more than any other player.

Kane became the first Tottenham player to score 30+ goals in all comps in a single season since Gary Lineker in 1991-92.

Robbie Fowler (twice) and Chris Sutton are the only players to reach 20 goals in a PL season at a younger age than Harry Kane this term.

John Terry became the Premier League’s all-time highest scoring defender (39).

Southampton became the first team in the Premier League era to score five goals in the first-half of a match and five goals in the second-half of a match in the same season.

Diego Costa became only the fourth Chelsea player to reach 20 goals in a Premier League campaign (after Hasselbaink, Drogba and Lampard).

Diego Costa has reached 10 PL goals in just nine games; the only player to reach double figures in fewer is Mick Quinn (6).

Sergio Aguero was the top scorer in all competitions amongst Premier League players this term (32) as well as winning the PL golden boot (26).

Sergio Aguero now has 10 goals in seven Premier League games against Tottenham.

Alexis Sanchez became the first Arsenal player to score 20 goals in his first season at the club since Thierry Henry.

Cesc Fabregas assisted 18 goals, only two short of Thierry Henry’s single season record of 20 in 2002-03. 18 was a personal record for Fabregas after his previous best of 17 with Arsenal in 2007-08.

Wayne Rooney became the first player to score 10+ goals in 11 successive Premier League seasons.

But it took Wayne Rooney 560 minutes to attempt his first shot on target in the Premier League in 2015, due to his ill-fated spell in central midfield.

Eden Hazard missed the 10th penalty he took in the Premier League (his first failure) but scored the rebound.

QPR’s Charlie Austin and Burnley’s Danny Ings scored or assisted 55% and 54% of their team’s goals respectively in 2014-15.

13% of Stoke’s Premier League goals in 2014-15 came on the final day against Liverpool.

Villa scored 31 league goals this season. Their lowest ever in a single league season before this campaign was 36 in Division Two in 1969-70.

Manchester City finished as the top scoring team (83) in the Premier League for the third time in the last four campaigns.

With five in 2014-15, Peter Crouch has scored 47 headed goals in the Premier League, more than any other player.

The QPR v Leicester game in November saw 52 shots, the most recorded by Opta in a single Premier League game.

DEFENCE

Thibaut Courtois has kept 12 clean sheets in his debut Premier League season. Petr Cech kept 24 in his first campaign (04-05).

West Ham have ended their last 23 top-flight seasons with a negative goal difference.

QPR’s Rob Green made more errors leading to a goal than any other Premier League player (6)

QPR’s Richard Dunne became the first player to reach double figures for own goals in Premier League history (10).

West Brom kept 10 clean sheets in 18 games under Tony Pulis, more than any other Premier League club in that period (Jan 10 onwards).

DISCIPLINE

Sunderland were shown 94 yellow cards, a record in a single Premier League season.

Gareth Barry became the first player to pick up 100 yellow cards in the Premier League – to date he has 104.

Lee Cattermole equalled a Premier League record by collecting 14 yellow cards in a single season. All 14 of Cattermole’s bookings in 2014-15 were for fouls.

Hazard saw 23 opponents booked for fouling him in the Premier League this season.

Newcastle’s Moussa Sissoko picked up five bookings for dissent, more than any other player.

LEAGUE POSITIONS

Everton finished in the bottom half of the table for the first time since 2005-06.

Stoke have finished ninth for two seasons in a row. This is the first time they’ve had two successive top-flight top half finishes since 1975.

Villa finished the season in 17th place; their lowest finish since 1994/95 (18th) and their lowest in a 38 game season since 1990/91 (17th).

If the Premier League had started when Alan Pardew had taken over at Crystal Palace, the Eagles would have finished sixth.

APPEARANCES

Didier Drogba (28) featured in more Premier League games than Diego Costa (26) this season.

Angel Di Maria completed 90 minutes in the Premier League only seven times this season.

Burnley made fewer substitutions than any Premier League team this season.

Aston Villa were the only team to not to see a substitute score for them in the Premier League in 2014-15.

On the final day Petr Cech played his 333rd Premier League game for Chelsea; only two goalkeepers have played more for a single club (Jaaskelainen 379 for Bolton, Given 354 for Newcastle).

AND FINALLY…

Arsenal named six teams with the same line-up in April-May, the first time they’d done this since 1994.

Champions Chelsea topped the table for 274 days of the season, a record in the Premier League era. Last season’s title winners Man City were top for only 15 days.

Leicester City spent longer at the bottom of the table without being relegated than any side in Premier League history (140 days).

For the second successive season, the team bottom of the Premier League at Christmas stayed up.

John Terry became only the second outfield player to play every minute for a Premier League title winning side (along with Gary Pallister in 1992/93).

Man City were the only side not be involved in a 0-0 draw in the Premier League this season.

The last time Burnley were in the Premier League prior to this season (2009/10), Chelsea ended up as champions, won a domestic cup and both Hull and Burnley were relegated.

Sunderland’s total of nine 0-0 draws is the joint-most by a team in a 38-game season.

Burnley outran their opponents in 37 of their 38 games this season (failing to do so only away at West Ham).

QPR v West Ham in April saw fewer successful passes than any other Premier League game in 2014-15 (337).

Santi Cazorla made 154 successful passes against Sunderland in May, the most by a player in a single Premier League game in 2014-15.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by parrotibaba(m): 4:26pm On May 25, 2015
elampiro:

Rooney makes millions for Manchester United and has made money over the years for the club enough to pay the entire Club paroll for a decade .

As of 2012 Rooney had the EPL record for most shirt sales. When you consider Becks sold over a million replica shirts u could imagine how much multiply by sales price.
so on dat basis united should be paying him dat ridiculous amount of money ? undecided how much did becks make at PSG per week despite being able to sale merchandise dia

(1) (2) (3) ... (1638) (1639) (1640) (1641) (1642) (1643) (1644) ... (14159) (Reply)

Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 112
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.