Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,166,004 members, 7,863,630 topics. Date: Monday, 17 June 2024 at 09:52 PM

Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion - European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) (1669) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) / Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion (8873299 Views)

Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 / Manchester United Fan Thread: Premier League Champions 2010/11 / Manchester United Fan thread: Forever Reds (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (1666) (1667) (1668) (1669) (1670) (1671) (1672) ... (14217) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by patrickmuf(m): 7:39pm On Jun 01, 2015
Bursting Hazard's bubbles... Long may it continue... GGMU
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by patrickmuf(m): 7:39pm On Jun 01, 2015
Bursting Hazard's bubbles... Long may it continue... GGMU
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by coogar: 7:39pm On Jun 01, 2015
honestly, raumdeuter is a bad guy.
he had this info since and he kept it to himself. i never paid attention to hazard's performance in europe all this while but now i know better.

2 open play goals in 2,330 UCL minutes is very very woeful. perhaps the most woeful statistics of any forward of a top tier club in the history of the champions league competition.

1 Like

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by SailorXY: 7:44pm On Jun 01, 2015
the only speculations that has a little flesh for now is Otamendi & Gundogan.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by raumdeuter: 7:46pm On Jun 01, 2015
coogar:
honestly, raumdeuter is a bad guy.
he had this info since and he kept it to himself. i never paid attention to hazard's performance in europe all this while but now i know better.

2 open play goals in 2,330 UCL minutes is very very woeful. perhaps the most woeful statistics of any forward of a top tier club in the history of the champions league competition.

Eden Ikedia Hazard is the worst PFA winner this millenium

Actually Hazard winning PFA player of the year must be one damning evidence of how poor the league was this past season. competition was harry Kane and Coutinho who scored 5 goals
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Nobody: 7:47pm On Jun 01, 2015
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Nobody: 7:49pm On Jun 01, 2015
there goes the Hazard argument. . .

raumdeuter sofry na. . .

SailorXY:
the only speculations that has a little flesh for now is Otamendi & Gundogan.

looks like Gundogan is eyeing a Barca move in January especially with Xavi leaving.
Im not overly impressed by Otamendi though. Argentine CBs are generally dodgy in my view.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Nobody: 7:51pm On Jun 01, 2015
elampiro:

The long argument didnt even let me follow up, but you know the usual every summer. The papers must sell. The bring their best fiction writers to speculate transfers. When Ronaldo says "I am not happy", someone will write that he is on his way out of Madrid, and that his agent was seen boarding a flight heading to Manchester, apparently heading to Old Trafford to discuss a move..... grin

However, see this:

Who will Manchester United play in their Champions League play-off?

By Peter Smith
Last Updated: 01/06/15 4:22pm

Monaco and Lazio are on the list of potential opponents for Manchester United in their Champions League play-off.

Manchester United must come through a two-leg tie to reach the group phase after finishing fourth in the Premier League and, despite being top seeds, could face a tough test to qualify for Europe’s elite club competition proper.

First, ten teams will go head-to-head in the third qualifying round, with ties played on July 28/29 and August 4/5.

Seeded sides Shakhtar Donetsk, Ajax, CSKA Moscow, Club Brugge and Monaco will be paired with Young Boys, Sparta Prague, Fenerbahce, Panathinaikos and Rapid Vienna.

The winners will go into the play-off round – where United, Valencia, Bayer Leverkusen, Sporting Lisbon and Lazio will be waiting. The draw for the play-off round will be held on August 7, with the ties played on August 18/19 and 25/26.

United, Valencia and Bayer Leverkusen will be seeded. So will Shakhtar and Ajax, should they qualify. If they don’t, Sporting Lisbon, followed by CSKA Moscow will take their privileged spots, with Lazio stepping up should the Russian side fail to make the play-off round.

With all those scenarios to play out, United can face one of ten teams:

1. Sporting Lisbon (UEFA ranking: 33)
Sporting Lisbon finished third in Portugal’s top flight this season, behind champions Benfica and Porto, failed to progress from their Champions League group after being beaten home and away by Chelsea, and immediately exited the Europa League at the hands of Wolfsburg. Top scorer in 2014/15, Islam Slimani of Algeria, offers a threat up front but reported Manchester United target William Carvalho is also key.

2. CSKA Moscow (UEFA ranking: 34)
CSKA Moscow frustrated Manchester City home and away in the Champions League group stages this season, defeating Manuel Pellegrini’s side at the Etihad after holding them to a 2-2 in Russia. However, they ended up bottom of a tough pool and, domestically, finished runners-up to Zenit St Petersburg.

3. Lazio (UEFA ranking: 40)
Lazio booked their spot in the Champions League qualifying round with a final day victory over Napoli to finish third in Serie A and showed their quality in cup competitions by reaching the final of the Coppa Italia. The World Cup’s top scorer of all time Miroslav Klose leads the line and came out on top of Lazio’s scoring charts, ably assisted by the creativity of Antonio Candreva.

4. Club Brugge (UEFA ranking: 51)
lub Brugge finished top of the regular season table in Belgium, but finished runners-up to Gent in the play-offs, meaning they will have to reach the Champions League group stages the tough way. Colombian import Jose Izquierdo has been a hit in his first season, while former Barcelona youth product Victor Vazquez remains a fixture in the heart of the team’s midfield.

5. Monaco (UEFA ranking: 68)
It seems odd that Monaco, who knocked Arsenal out of the Champions League before eventually going down 1-0 on aggregate to finalists Juventus, must face the rigours of a play-off, but such is the price Leonardo Jardim’s men must pay for finishing third in France’s top flight. Unless he earns a move elsewhere this summer, Radamel Falcao could potentially haunt United.

6. Young Boys (UEFA ranking: 69)
For the first time since 2010, Young Boys get a shot at the Champions League, after finishing second to Basel in the Swiss Super League. They were heavily beaten by Everton (7-2 on aggregate) in the last 32 of the Europa League in 2014/15 and, despite being ranked just one place below Monaco, would be a far more favourable draw for United.

7. Sparta Prague (UEFA ranking: 72)
While Czech league winners Viktoria Plzen take the ‘champions route’, Sparta Prague go into the ‘non-champions’ pool in the third-qualifying round. They failed to escape their Europa League group in 2014/15 but showed their strength at home with 3-1 and 4-1 wins over Young Boys and Slovan Bratislava respectively, before holding Napoli to a 0-0.

8. Fenerbahce (UEFA ranking: 75)
Fenerbache missed out on retaining the Turkish title by just three points to arch rivals Galatasaray this season, as Senegal international Moussa Sow got among the goals. With Turkey legend Emre and Brazilian playmaker Diego in their ranks, Fenerbahce could surprise – and former Liverpool forward Dirk Kuyt will be hugely motivated to upset his old rivals, should they be paired with United.

9. Panathinaikos (UEFA ranking: 100) – probably
Panathinaikos are the only one of United’s potential opponents yet to cement their place in the Champions League qualifying pool. However, the Greek giants – who finished second in the regular season table – currently comfortably top a post-season play-off group which determines who gets the Champions League spot. Former United player Luke Steele is their regular goalkeeper.

10. Rapid Vienna (UEFA ranking: 121)
Rapid Vienna lost out to HJK Helsinki in their play-off for the Europa League this season but finished second behind Red Bull Salzburg to qualify for the third qualifying round of the Champions League this summer. Slovenia international Robert Beric is their key man – the 23 year old is one to watch after netting 27 in 33 appearances in the league this season.
http://www1.skysports.com/football/news/11667/9872126/who-will-manchester-united-play-in-their-champions-league-play-off
They beta give us Young Boys. Monaco bawo??
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by leggo: 7:54pm On Jun 01, 2015
hensben:
so it's a crime to like a player aside barca players ..no wonder man united fan are always sentimental.
gerrout bitchu
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by coogar: 7:55pm On Jun 01, 2015
raumdeuter:

Actually Hazard winning PFA player of the year must be one damning evidence of how poor the league was this past season. competition was harry Kane and Coutinho who scored 5 goals

blame the british media.....
they have a way of getting into the heads of lazy thinkers. the football commentators/pundits especially jamie redknapp have been rïding hazard's cock all season.

aguero did better than hazard this season - but just because city didn't perform as a team, aguero didn't even make the PFA team of the season - abomination of the highest order! if rooney had performed like aguero this season, the british media would be asking a ballon d'or for him.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by leggo: 8:00pm On Jun 01, 2015
raumdeuter:

blame the English media who made this Chelsea team out to be the new invincibles, hazard as the reborn talisman, Henry. Kane should have won the award but deluded players voted the beta version of Lennon...
stepped out for a few minutes and coogar beat me to this comment
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Nobody: 8:01pm On Jun 01, 2015
coogar:

they have a way of getting into the heads of lazy thinkers. the football commentators/pundits especially jamie redknapp have been rïding hazard's cock all season.

aguero did better than hazard this season - but just because city didn't perform as a team, aguero didn't even make the PFA team of the season - abomination of the highest order! if rooney had performed like aguero this season, the british media would be asking a ballon d'or for him.
I'll say that I thought Fabregas was more important for Chelsea this season than Hazard was. Fabregas' assists for chelsea in his first season were quite insane in my view. I stand to be corrected.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by coogar: 8:07pm On Jun 01, 2015
leggo:

blame the English media who made this Chelsea team out to be the new invincibles, hazard as the reborn talisman, Henry. Kane should have won the award but deluded players voted the beta version of Lennon

shoulda been a toss up between kane, aguero, costa.

this season, aguero scored against....
bayern(hatrick)
barcelona

chelsea
arsenal
man utd(3 goals)
spurs(5 goals)
liverpool
southampton

how did aguero miss the PFA team of the season with his achievements? he scored against all the teams in the top six in the league & 2 of the best teams in europe!

StarBoard:

I'll say that I thought Fabregas was more important for Chelsea this season than Hazard was. Fabregas' assists for chelsea in his first season were quite insane in my view. I stand to be corrected.

cesc is the heartbeat of that chelsea side. hazard was there for 2 seasons before cesc arrived, what did he win for chelsea? without cesc, chelsea wouldn't have won the league. cesc is the difference.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Nobody: 8:12pm On Jun 01, 2015
coogar:

bayern(hatrick)
barcelona

chelsea
arsenal
man utd(3 goals)
spurs(5 goals)
liverpool
southampton

how did aguero miss the PFA team of the season with his achievements? he scored against all the teams in the top six in the league & 2 of the best teams in europe!
aguero didnt score vs chelsea.
it was Lampard at the Etihad and Silva at the bridge I think.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by SailorXY: 8:13pm On Jun 01, 2015
StarBoard:

looks like Gundogan is eyeing a Barca move in January especially with Xavi leaving.
Im not overly impressed by Otamendi though. Argentine CBs are generally dodgy in my view.
Schneiderlin should be an easy target, I don't know why he hasn't been wrapped up by now.

as for CB if we go by recent form (from realistic targets), we cannot do much worse than Otamendi. I'll pick him cuz he's got good presence & insane speed. for me its either him or Laporte.

Hummels - I won't pay @ least not this summer.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by leggo: 8:15pm On Jun 01, 2015
coogar:

bayern(hatrick)
barcelona

chelsea
arsenal
man utd(3 goals)
spurs(5 goals)
liverpool
southampton

A travesty. Wait till the experts at sky/sportsmail tell you hazard would walk into any elite team in Europe , walk in as a tourist or what
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Nobody: 8:16pm On Jun 01, 2015
coogar:

cesc is the heartbeat of that chelsea side. hazard was there for 2 seasons before cesc arrived, what did he win for chelsea? without cesc, chelsea wouldn't have won the league. cesc is the difference.
hazard was barely there in his first season at chelsea if my memory serves me correctly.
I still am at a loss as to how someone still thinks Hazard is "a step below messi and ronaldo".
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Nobody: 8:22pm On Jun 01, 2015
SailorXY:

Schneiderlin should be an easy target, I don't know why he hasn't been wrapped up by now.

as for CB if we go by recent form (from realistic targets), we cannot do much worse than Otamendi. I'll pick him cuz he's got good presence & insane speed. for me its either him or Laporte.

Hummels - I won't pay @ least not this summer.
im not doubting Hummels but something tells me he's not the same force he was some seasons ago. Injuries havent helped his cause.
The media are awash with stories that Schneiderlin is set to sign for us but nothing is being confirmed till this point. Otamendi probably will join up though im not happy atvthe £36 million he's been valued at.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by coogar: 8:22pm On Jun 01, 2015
StarBoard:

aguero didnt score vs chelsea.
it was Lampard at the Etihad and Silva at the bridge I think.

my mistake!
his wonder goal @the bridge in 13/14 stuck on my mind. grin

leggo:

A travesty. Wait till the experts at sky/sportsmail tell you hazard would walk into any elite team in Europe , walk in as a tourist or what

because he dribbles.....
i compared his stats to david silva the other day & hazard came short as usual. the only thing he did better than silva was scoring from the penalty spot. grin

StarBoard:

hazard was barely there in his first season at chelsea if my memory serves me correctly.
I still am at a loss as to how someone still thinks Hazard is "a step below messi and ronaldo".

•neymar
•suarez
•robben
•bale
•silva
•muller
•ribery
•sanchez
•aguero

are all better than eden hazard & it's not even close. they are miles ahead!
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by sinizia: 8:27pm On Jun 01, 2015
raumdeuter:

"Just 3" of those 5 goals were penalties. He scored an incredible 2 career CL goals from game play

www.nairaland.com/attachments/2254866_obamalafff_jpegc9b48d05c12a4375035937271eea96bf
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Nobody: 8:31pm On Jun 01, 2015
coogar:

my mistake!
his wonder goal @the bridge in 13/14 stuck on my mind.
well I wont front. aguero when fit is as fearsome as they come as a striker.I wonder what he has to do to win player of the year.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by coogar: 8:34pm On Jun 01, 2015
StarBoard:

well I wont front. aguero when fit is as fearsome as they come as a striker. I wonder what he has to do to win player of the year.

if he starts carrying an EU passport.... cheesy
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by sinizia: 8:35pm On Jun 01, 2015
coogar:

Exactly my thought!! Till this minute, how Aguero missed out on the PFA team of the year still shocks me. I can't wrap my head around it.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by nyabinghi(m): 8:36pm On Jun 01, 2015
coogar:

please stop this blasphemy!
nani scored 4 UCL goals this season....none of them was a pen for a lowly rated team known as sporting lisbon. he had only 448 mins on the pitch.
blashpemy bawo, he is over rated like nani
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by coogar: 8:39pm On Jun 01, 2015
nyabinghi:
blashpemy bawo, he is over rated like nani

hazard - overrated
nani - underrated

sinizia:

Exactly my thought!! Till this minute, how Aguero missed out on the PFA team of the year still shocks me. I can't wrap my head around it.

the league's top scorer didn't make the PFA team of the season. it's a travesty!
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Nobody: 8:44pm On Jun 01, 2015
coogar:

if he starts carrying an EU passport.... cheesy
which would be a shame if it geys to that.
Even in injury ravaged seasons Aguero still scores in the 20s.
Hazard and his ikebe super football still gets top player despite scoring a bulk of his goals from penalties. in a season where Aguero kept banging in goals till the last day.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by coogar: 8:47pm On Jun 01, 2015
StarBoard:

which would be a shame if it geys to that.
Even in injury ravaged seasons Aguero still scores in the 20s.
Hazard and his ikebe super football still gets top player despite scoring a bulk of his goals from penalties. in a season where Aguero kept banging in goals till the last day.

but but but......hazard has the most dribbles in the solar system - never mind that his dribbling produces nada as far as creativity is concerned. cheesy
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by MrTA(m): 8:47pm On Jun 01, 2015
As much as I would love us to sign Morgan Schneiderlin, probably just rumours as we'll be linked with over 100 players.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by coogar: 8:56pm On Jun 01, 2015
MrTA:
As much as I would love us to sign Morgan Schneiderlin, probably just rumours as we'll be linked with over 100 players.

truth be told....he's a very good midfielder. if he can stay fit, he would be a wonderful asset in our midfield. as fans, we tend to underrate any player moving from a PL club to man utd. if this dude plays for PSG, bayern or juventus, we would be screaming for his signature.

he's better than kondogbia in my opinion & i would give hands & knees for sign kondogbia. if we cannot get any of pogba or vidal, any of schneiderlin or alex song is perfectly fine by me.

1 Like

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Nobody: 9:01pm On Jun 01, 2015
coogar:

but but but......hazard has the most dribbles in the solar system - never mind that his dribbling produces nada as far as creativity is concerned. cheesy
if it is by dribbles then denilson witj his 50 step-overs would have been wpoty before the turn of last century.
our own jay jay would be in contention as well.
how many penalty goals did he score again this past season out of his total haul?
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by homesteady(m): 9:10pm On Jun 01, 2015
OMG gringrin Hazard will take the next flight to India to die from heat waves if he reads this page and the previous page gringringrin

He has been brutally finished gringrin

5 goals in 3 UCL seasons - 3 PK'S grin
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by homesteady(m): 9:15pm On Jun 01, 2015
hensben and bigkesh don pick race grin

This hensben is a shameless liar, who doesn't know you are a chelsea fan? You are claiming barca fan so that it will look like you are not bias!
You are not a barca fan!

(1) (2) (3) ... (1666) (1667) (1668) (1669) (1670) (1671) (1672) ... (14217) (Reply)

Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021

Viewing this topic: 3 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 65
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.