Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,304 members, 7,836,324 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 04:50 AM

Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion - European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) (1666) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) / Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion (8793887 Views)

Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 / Manchester United Fan Thread: Premier League Champions 2010/11 / Manchester United Fan thread: Forever Reds (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (1663) (1664) (1665) (1666) (1667) (1668) (1669) ... (14182) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by coogar: 1:40pm On May 31, 2015
elampiro:

This figures are wrong. A Chelsea fan whom I had conversation with this morning prompted me on this. He said he wasnt sure a United player has had 18 Assists in the EPL, if at all it should be Giggs. I checked OPTA and behold he was correct.

OPTA
Nani= 14
Drogba= 13
Rooney =11
Fabregas= 11
Baines = 11
Arshavin= 11
Young= 10.

Considering the number of minutes Young played that season, he was abysmal.

how many times are we going to educate you that the premier league's assist count is different from OPTA's. nani had 19 assists in the premier league that year & i can list each & everyone of them for you to verify.

OPTA doesn't count assist for a player that wins a penalty if the penalty is scored. OPTA doesn't count assists from rebounds. OPTA doesn't count assist for own goals. the premier league counts those as assists week in week out.

nothing you say can ever defend wayne rooney as one of the most useless forwards that has ever graced the premier league. 170EPL goals in 13 seasons. 1 away league goal in 14 months. no golden boot & he's never topped any league assist chart in his 13-year career as a professional.

rooney is a liability!

debosky:

Even with Chris 'Romario' Smalling's goals Welbz still scored the vital goal knocking y'all out of the FA Cup and he's drinking champagne in celebration now.
Most players won't mind that kind of thunder firing them. cheesy cheesy

he's drinking champagne in celebration because he has won all the available domestic trophies in england which puts him as the most decorated player in the arsenal squad! grin

1 Like

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by ChristineC: 2:37pm On May 31, 2015
The rate pages get wasted on this page is alarming though!
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by parrotibaba(m): 2:42pm On May 31, 2015
ChristineC:
The rate pages get wasted on this page is alarming though!
how far ,long time ,u no de show face for here again
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by elampiro(m): 2:58pm On May 31, 2015
coogar:

how many times are we going to educate you that the premier league's assist count is different from OPTA's. nani had 19 assists in the premier league that year & i can list each & everyone of them for you to verify.

OPTA doesn't count assist for a player that wins a penalty if the penalty is scored. OPTA doesn't count assists from rebounds. OPTA doesn't count assist for own goals. the premier league counts those as assists week in week out.

nothing you say can ever defend wayne rooney as one of the most useless forwards that has ever graced the premier league. 170EPL goals in 13 seasons. 1 away league goal in 14 months. no golden boot & he's never topped any league assist chart in his 13-year career as a professional.

rooney is a liability!

I had to expose your inconsistency. You argue using OPTA stat all the way, all of a sudden just to make LEGEND ROONEY look poor you brought grandnut and kuilikuili stats to over hype Nani and Young's figure.

All our arguments were based on OPTA, why jump to kuilikuili stats to boost Nani and Young's figures?

This is how Tortoise behave. grin
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by elampiro(m): 3:02pm On May 31, 2015
Rooney 170 EPL goals.

What a LEGEND.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by coogar: 3:06pm On May 31, 2015
elampiro:

I had to expose your inconsistency. You argue using OPTA stat all the way, all of a sudden just to make LEGEND ROONEY look poor you brought grandnut and kuilikuili stats to over hype Nani and Young's figure.

All our arguments were based on OPTA, why jump to kuilikuili stats to boost Nani and Young's figures?

This is how Tortoise behave. grin

because what we know as assist in the PL is different from how it's known in europe. nani recorded 19 assists in one season. how come rooney hasn't recorded close to that in all his 13 seasons in his career?

is failure in rooney's DNA?
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by elampiro(m): 3:10pm On May 31, 2015
coogar:

because what we know as assist in the PL is different from how it's known in europe. nani recorded 19 assists in one season. how come rooney hasn't recorded close to that in all his 13 seasons in his career?

is failure in rooney's DNA?

Rooney despite passing the ball diagonally to wingers for a cross, has 100 Assists in the EPL. Only players who played almost for 20 years are slightly ahead of him. Yori Yori.

Rooney is the only player in the EPL history who has goals+ Assists going for him at same time. What a talent. cheesy
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by coogar: 3:21pm On May 31, 2015
elampiro:

Rooney despite passing the ball diagonally to wingers for a cross, has 100 Assists in the EPL. Only players who played almost for 20 years are slightly ahead of him. Yori Yori.

Rooney is the only player in the EPL history who has goals+ Assists going for him at same time. What a talent. cheesy

rooney's passes towards the wingers don't set the wingers free. it's a safe pass that the wingers must wait to receive or rooney puts it behind them cos he's clueless.

admit it, rooney is a failure!
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by elampiro(m): 3:28pm On May 31, 2015
coogar:

rooney's passes towards the wingers don't set the wingers free. it's a safe pass that the wingers must wait to receive or rooney puts it behind them cos he's clueless.

admit it, rooney is a failure!

He is clueless, yet he kept setting RVP and Di Maria free with many one-vs-one with the goalkeeper. He put Valencia through with an exquisite through ball to score against Leverkusen at Old Trafford. He sets Ronaldo on countless counter attacks.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by ChristineC: 3:41pm On May 31, 2015
parrotibaba:
how far ,long time ,u no de show face for here again
I read oo when I get an opportunity. I want to keep up with who will join Manchester United and who will leave.
It's difficult to contribute however because it's continuous or should I say repetitive stuff sometimes as long as two months.

Boring.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by parrotibaba(m): 5:38pm On May 31, 2015
ChristineC:
I read oo when I get an opportunity. I want to keep up with who will join Manchester United and who will leave.
It's difficult to contribute however because it's continuous or should I say repetitive stuff sometimes as long as two months.

Boring.
d transfer will open tomorrow, let's see what will happen
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by coogar: 6:22pm On May 31, 2015
elampiro:

He is clueless, yet he kept setting RVP and Di Maria free with many one-vs-one with the goalkeeper. He put Valencia through with an exquisite through ball to score against Leverkusen at Old Trafford. He sets Ronaldo on countless counter attacks.

big lie.....
rooney is never that intelligent.
he should learn from berbatov how to set wingers free with a through ball. rooney's diagonal passes slow down the attack cos valencia must wait 5 seconds to get the ball. go & watch 09/10 season again and see how berbatov was just putting through ball into the channels for the wingers.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by elampiro(m): 6:46pm On May 31, 2015

Coogar say what you like, that na your opinion.

Parrotibaba, Tess1, I keep saying OPTA /whoscored make mistakes a lot in formation but you guys wont accept. . Just today they almost misled me, so good I had to re-verify from Zonal Marking and Sir Alex Ferguson statements himself. Sir Alex Ferguson categorically stated that against Newcatsle, Man United played 4-4-2 Diamond.

OPTA/whoscored hardly captured SAF 4-4-2 diamond that season.

Here http://www.whoscored.com/Matches/614975/Live whoscored said we played 4-2-3-1 but SAF himself said he played 4-4-2 diamond midfiled. Zonal Marking were able to get it right 100% when compared to Sir Alex Ferguson's explanation of the match.

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by elampiro(m): 6:59pm On May 31, 2015
^^^ Opta formation can mislead someone into hell.

How manage Zonal Marking were able to get this (4-4-2 or 4-1-2-1-2 Diamond) formation right and players positioning while OPTA failed woefully? Pls you guys should respond before the end of 'business' today. cheesy lol

Manchester United may recall Wayne Rooney for Chelsea FA Cup tie
• Sir Alex Ferguson plans tactical switch for quarter-final
• Rooney and Kagawa may return in diamond formation

"Wazza and Shinji can play together, there's no doubt about that," said Ferguson. "At Newcastle [when United won 3-0 in October] we played a diamond and that's a consideration. We played Wazza centre midfield and Shinji towards the right. They did really well in that game. Good footballers can play together. I think the preferred position for Shinji is off the front man in a central position and that's the same for Wazza. We maybe have to alternate them."

http://www.theguardian.com/football/2013/mar/09/manchester-united-wayne-rooney-chelsea-fa-cup

Before the Baga game.
“We’ve had some success with a [midfield] diamond recently, while at this club we’ve always had a tradition of playing with wide players,” said Ferguson. ........... “When it comes to United, teams will now have to think: ‘Are they going to play with two out wide? Or with a midfield. - diamond?’ - http://www.thesportreview.com/tsr/2012/10/man-utd-v-braga-sir-alex-ferguson-midfield-flexibility/

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by mencade5(m): 7:03pm On May 31, 2015
ok

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by SailorXY: 7:45pm On May 31, 2015
mencade5:
ok
dry leaf tongue
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by sinizia: 8:19pm On May 31, 2015
coogar:

rooney is a liability!

Kai!! This is damaging!! Elampawa, if there's any shame left in you, you need to keep quiet after seeing that your fake "best 10 of his generation" who's on a £300K a week has scored 1, just 1 away league goal in 14 months. This is the most shameful part of his inadequacies. Fúck you Moyes for not selling Rooney. angry
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by elampiro(m): 8:33pm On May 31, 2015
sinizia:

Kai!! This is damaging!! Elampawa, if there's any shame left in you, you need to keep quiet after seeing that your fake "best 10 of his generation" who's on a £300K a week has scored 1, just 1 away league goal in 14 months. This is the most shameful part of his inadequacies. Fúck you Moyes for not selling Rooney. angry

Brainwashed kid without a brain of his own.

Anyway, take look below. When your preferred forwards get into that chart, you can return to talk. Until then, you are no longer qualify to argue with me.

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by sinizia: 8:44pm On May 31, 2015
elampiro:

Brainwashed kid without a brain of his own.

Anyway, take look below. When your preferred forwards get into that chart, you can return to talk. Until then, you are no longer qualify to argue with me.

Pathetic dolt, what's that pic got to do with the fact that Rooney scored 1 away goal in one season and 14 months? A fraud on £300K a week wages? I thought you said Rooney is not a striker? Why is he on a striking position in that pic? Idíot!! Go argue with kids.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by elampiro(m): 8:56pm On May 31, 2015
sinizia:

Pathetic dolt, what's that pic got to do with the fact that Rooney scored 1 away goal in one season and 14 months? A fraud on £300K a week wages? I thought you said Rooney is not a striker? Why is he on a striking position in that pic? Idíot!! Go argue with kids.

You are a compound fool. Brainwashed follow follow. A first degree Ekwe Sample! Maggot. Common sense should tell you Rooney is there among three forwards in a 4-3-3. When will your football yeye forwards get into that chart?
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by sinizia: 9:04pm On May 31, 2015
elampiro:

You are a compound fool. Brainwashed follow follow. A first degree Ekwe Sample! Maggot. Common sense should tell you Rooney is there among three forwards in a 4-3-3. When will your football yeye forwards get into that chart?

Brainless imbecilé sired by a silverback, i ask, does it change the fact that the fraud scored just 1 away goal in 14 months?

Idíot!! You said Rooney is a 10, why is in a position of a 9? Stupidity runs in your blood, ewu.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by elampiro(m): 9:12pm On May 31, 2015
sinizia:

Brainless imbecilé sired by a silverback, i ask, does it change the fact that the fraud scored just 1 away goal in 14 months?

Idíot!! You said Rooney is a 10, why is in a position of a 9? Stupidity runs in your blood, ewu.

Look at this Armadillo.

It's clear that you have no brain of your own any more. Even the one lend to you is infested by maggots. To the extent you don't know that even your cohort members and leader agreed that Rooney is only there as one of three forwards. How do I even expect you to know when there isn't a healthy brain in you to reason. How many times did Ferguson even tell you Rooney's position is behind the striker? Rooney himself said so.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by sinizia: 9:19pm On May 31, 2015
elampiro:

Look at this Armadillo.

It's clear that you have no brain of your own any more. Even the one lend to you is infested by maggots. To the extent you don't know that even your cohort members and leader agreed that Rooney is only there as one of three forwards. How do I even expect you to know when there isn't a healthy brain in you to reason. How many time did Ferguson even told you Rooney's position is behind the striker? Rooney himself said so.

You keep regurgitaing the same crap like a possessed Hausa goat.

Stop exhibiting your inherent madness and answer my questions. Are you this retardéd or you just got bitten by a rabid dog this night? I'm asking you, why is Rooney in a 9 position instead of your weed-induced position of "best 10 of his generation"? If you can't answer me, STFU and go back to your gay session with the one-legged he-goat in your father's farm.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by elampiro(m): 9:31pm On May 31, 2015
sinizia:

Stop exhibiting your inherent madness and answer my questions. Are you this retardéd or you just got bitten by a rabid dog this night? I'm asking you, why is Rooney in a 9 position instead of your weed-induced position of "best 10 of his generation"? If you can't answer me, STFU and go back to your gay session with the one-legged he-goat in your father's farm.

Look at this gnaw. 1 kobo intelligence you dont have. It's waste of time exchanging posts with a nincompoop as you.

Is Ramos number 3 to be in the left back position in that chart?

Is Thiago Silva number 3 to be in left back in this chart below?

Is Ronaldo number 9 to be in number 9 in another chart?

Arent you ashamed now? I even forgot you don't know football positioning. The maggot said Xavi is number 10. Crude animal. Same position Cleverley played for Man United is number 10 to this Gnaw.

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by sinizia: 9:39pm On May 31, 2015
elampiro:

Look at this gnaw. 1 kobo intelligence you dont have. It's waste of time exchanging posts with a nincompoop as you.

Is Ramos number 3 to be in the left back position in that chart?

Is Thiago Silva number 3 to be in left back in this chart below?

Is Ronaldo number 9 to be in number 9 in another chart?

Arent you ashamed now? I even forgot you don't know football positioning. The maggot said Xavi is number 10. Crude animal.

sinizia:

sinizia:

Cursed epileptic vermin, when you answer those questions, let me know. Your stupidity is contagious.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by chrisley024(m): 10:15pm On May 31, 2015
Hmmmm lipsrsealed
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by coogar: 10:22pm On May 31, 2015
.......and that ends the great rooney debate until another 2 weeks.

it's a wrap, fellas! cool
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by elampiro(m): 10:50pm On May 31, 2015
sinizia:

Cursed epileptic vermin, when you answer those questions, let me know. Your stupidity is contagious.

The reason Thiago Silva is in the number 3 instead of number 5, is same reason Rooney is in number 9 instead of number 10.

Same for Ramos in number 3 instead of 5.

Ronaldo in number 9 instead of wing.

Rooney in number 9 instead of 10.

I just ignore you because your ignorance is irredeemable. Why should I even be replying someone who thinks Xavi, Cleverley, etc are number 10. Someone who cannot think. No simple logic upstairs.

This is my last reply to you, or anyone else.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by elampiro(m): 11:02pm On May 31, 2015
Ladies and Gentlemen, you guys should have a fruitful week ahead.

On the final day of EPL Gaal said he desires to have two players in very position. He said he has handed the transfer list to Woodward for players to be sold and those to be brought in. He left immediately for vacation from where he will be keeping in touch with Woodward 'daily'. Papers have rumoured four players are to leave, and they gave four names.

Let's wait and see how the summer plays out. As usual there will be speculations to sell papers.

U-20 world cup has started. I wish Flying Eagles goodluck.
Women world cup starts coming weekend. I wish Super Falcons and my friend, Oshoala good luck.
Copa America, it's good luck to Di Maria.

I wish to be away for some time. There is no need crossing words with people every time, particularly when you sense some of them are not just matured.

You guys should enjoy!

SailorXY, any idea about DSTV showing the U-20 world cup match tomorrow morning? I heard it's about 4am. I can't see it on TV guide.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by SailorXY: 11:15pm On May 31, 2015
elampiro:

SailorXY, any idea about DSTV showing the U-20 world cup match tomorrow morning? I heard it's about 4am. I can't see it on TV guide.
I've not been in the comfort of my house since March grin

I know they have the COPA America but no idea about the U-20. they should anyway, else why them dey charge nearly #14k monthly undecided undecided undecided
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by elampiro(m): 11:17pm On May 31, 2015
SailorXY:

I've not been in the comfort of my house since March grin

I know they have the COPA America but no idea about the U-20. they should anyway, else why them dey charge nearly #14k monthly undecided undecided undecided

ok.

It's actually too expensive. Why can't there be a pay per view. Pay as you go. something like that.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by coogar: 11:24pm On May 31, 2015
elampiro:

ok.

It's actually too expensive. Why can't there be a pay per view. Pay as you go. something like that.

you guys don't know what you are enjoying.
14k a month for DSTV and you are complaining? i would gladly pay 30k per month to have the benefit of watching man utd every weekend instead of watching delayed feeds that sky offers.

(1) (2) (3) ... (1663) (1664) (1665) (1666) (1667) (1668) (1669) ... (14182) (Reply)

Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021

Viewing this topic: Panther7(m) and 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 74
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.