Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,165,459 members, 7,861,328 topics. Date: Saturday, 15 June 2024 at 09:53 AM

Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion - European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) (1667) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) / Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion (8865398 Views)

Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 / Manchester United Fan Thread: Premier League Champions 2010/11 / Manchester United Fan thread: Forever Reds (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (1664) (1665) (1666) (1667) (1668) (1669) (1670) ... (14215) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by SailorXY: 11:24pm On May 31, 2015
elampiro:

ok.

It's actually too expensive. Why can't there be a pay per view. Pay as you go. something like that.
its terrible! I heard some group of lawyers took up the matter, but so far no update on the proceeding...

the monopoly is not healthy, even for the Nigerian economy.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by SailorXY: 11:27pm On May 31, 2015
coogar:

you guys don't know what you are enjoying.
14k a month for DSTV and you are complaining? i would gladly pay 30k per month to have the benefit of watching man utd every weekend instead of watching delayed feeds that sky offers.

that #14k is just the periphery. factor you still buy a litre of fuel for above #200*the number of hours you enjoy TV daily grin

give & take - pay-per-view cuts it fairly!
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by elampiro(m): 11:29pm On May 31, 2015
coogar:

you guys don't know what you are enjoying.
14k a month for DSTV and you are complaining? i would gladly pay 30k per month to have the benefit of watching man utd every weekend instead of watching delayed feeds that sky offers.

Your economy is better.

We pay for so many things here. We have to complement our power supply with fuel or diesel.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by coogar: 11:31pm On May 31, 2015
SailorXY:

that #14k is just the periphery. factor you still buy a litre of fuel for above #200*the number of hours you enjoy TV daily grin

give & take - pay-per-view cuts it fairly!

but you still get to watch all the games on saturday afternoon. super sports 1-8 or there about cater to every club.....we don't get to watch that here. we only watch 4-5 live games(maximum) per weekend......and the cheapest subscription that includes sports is about £70 per month.

elampiro:

Your economy is better.
We pay for so many things here. We have to complement our power supply with fuel or diesel.

the economy isn't better....
only few people can afford it here too & some just hate the whole arrangement that the customers can't pick & choose the matches they want to watch - so they don't subscribe at all.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by elampiro(m): 11:33pm On May 31, 2015
coogar:

but you still get to watch all the games on saturday afternoon. super sports 1-8 or there about cater to every club.....we don't get to watch that here. we only watch 4-5 live games(maximum) per weekend......and the cheapest subscription that includes sports is about £70 per month.

What about MUTV? Is it not accessible- either online stream or TV?
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by elampiro(m): 11:37pm On May 31, 2015
SailorXY:

its terrible! I heard some group of lawyers took up the matter, but so far no update on the proceeding...

the monopoly is not healthy, even for the Nigerian economy.

HITV won the bid, but GTbank fell their hand. They refused to grant them loan facility to pay up, or may be they delayed in granting the facility. HITV charged 6k the highest, they started with 4k when they had the right.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by SailorXY: 11:46pm On May 31, 2015
coogar:

the economy isn't better....
only few people can afford it here too & some just hate the whole arrangement that the customers can't pick & choose the matches they want to watch - so they don't subscribe at all.
but you get pay as you view option?

the problem is that the pay-as-you-go option is available from this same dstv in SA. when MTN came to Nigeria as well, they sang hard & long about how per second billings is very impossible. what's happening now?

our government can make these things easier by not allowing monopoly in the sector or any sector for that matter! let market forces determine costs no matter how shabby or excellent the service delivery becomes, consumers can make their choices.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by SailorXY: 11:51pm On May 31, 2015
elampiro:

HITV won the bid, but GTbank fell their hand. They refused to grant them loan facility to pay up, or may be they delayed in granting the facility. HITV charged 6k the highest, they started with 4k when they had the right.

hitv is very unserious. the owner should sell it to someone or group with more business sense.

more importantly, the rights should be sold to all who can afford it, this is business. why must it always be one person in the whole nation?? just like Dangote was propelled to acquire all the whatnots. na wa oo.

I heard NTA has the rights too & will broadcast live games on Startimes...
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by coogar: 11:56pm On May 31, 2015
elampiro:

What about MUTV? Is it not accessible- either online stream or TV?

MUTV is extra £6
BT sports is extra £10 or so.
not inclusive in the price i stated earlier.

SailorXY:

but you get pay as you view option?
the problem is that the pay-as-you-go option is available from this same dstv in SA. when MTN came to Nigeria as well, they sang hard & long about how per second billings is very impossible. what's happening now?
our government can make these things easier by not allowing monopoly in the sector or any sector for that matter! let market forces determine costs no matter how shabby or excellent the service delivery becomes, consumers can make their choices.

pay per view for where?
it's a contract. 12 months contract! "i wasn't in the country" is not an excuse. they would have taken the money from your account sef before you know what's up. several people have taken sky to courts to review the policy so that people can choose which match they prefer watching but dem no gree...

some weekends would have you watching west brom vs leicester @12.45pm. i mean, who wants to start his weekend with such a horrible fixture? any 3pm game on saturday cannot be watched live on TV in the UK legally. you must stream, get some dodgy boxes or go to a pub to watch it.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by elampiro(m): 11:57pm On May 31, 2015
SailorXY, The EPL monopoly is not from DSTV, but from the EPL.

If I remember well, this was what happened.

1. DSTV used to pay 15 million pounds for 3 years to English FA for EPL matches.

2. HITV came on board and when it was time to renew the right for 3 years, HITV bid 45 million pounds and won it for the next 3 years. DST were however given 2 matches while HITV got 8 matches. I was paying for both just to get all the matches including cup matches. HITV did not show CL and FA Cup games too from the start.

3. When the term expired, I think after 2011/2012 season, HITV bid 100m, DSTV bid 60M. EPL had earlier announced it was winners get all, no more 80/20 sharing ratio.

HITV could not raise the money as thei bank failed them. DSTV paid/wired the 100M with the speed of a lightening when HITV failed.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by elampiro(m): 11:59pm On May 31, 2015
SailorXY:

hitv is very unserious. the owner should sell it to someone or group with more business sense.

more importantly, the rights should be sold to all who can afford it, this is business. why must it always be one person in the whole nation?? just like Dangote was propelled to acquire all the whatnots. na wa oo.

I heard NTA has the rights too & will broadcast live games on Startimes...

More insight pls. But NTA picture quality is still in the 1970s.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by coogar: 12:03am On Jun 01, 2015
elampiro:

If I remember well, this what was happened.

1. DSTV used to pay 15 million pounds for 3 years to English FA for EPL matches.

2. HITV came on board and when it was time to renew the right for 3 years, HITV bid 45 million pounds and won it for the next 3 years. DST were however given 2 matches while HITV got 8 matches. I was paying for both just to get all the matches including cup matches. HITV did not show CL and FA Cup games too from the start.

3. When the term expired, I think after 2011/2012 season, HITV bid 100m, DSTV bid 60M. EPL had earlier announced it was winners get all, no more 80/20 sharing ratio.

HITV could not raise the money as thei bank failed them. DSTV paid the 100M with the speed of a lightening when HITV failed.

nigerian customers failed HITV or i should say HITV didn't do their homework very well. they are new to the terrain and that was why they failed. the truth is 90% of people who subscribe for sky or HITV do it because of football.

when the football season ends, a lot of people stop paying - HITV should have taken this into the equation with a proper scheme to address this downtime. between may & august, i was told about 5% of their customers paid their monthly subscription - they didn't have enough in their reserve to fill the gap & their business collapsed!
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by SailorXY: 12:13am On Jun 01, 2015
elampiro:

If I remember well, this was what happened.

HITV could not raise the money as thei bank failed them. DSTV paid/wired the 100M with the speed of a lightening when HITV failed.
hmmm that's disgusting!
so they just bolted out of the blues(sic) & skyrocketed cost of breathing? they are even more useless than I imagined.
like I said earlier, the owner should sell it to more capable hands.

the U-20 will be aired live on Startimes, not COPA America. NTA refused to up their video quality, a whole national TV. Sometimes I wonder how much these things cost honestly. must they always find ways to disgrace us cheesy cheesy

@coogar, is it only sky that has EPL rights in the UK?
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by elampiro(m): 12:13am On Jun 01, 2015
coogar:

nigerian customers failed HITV or i should say HITV didn't do their homework very well. they are new to the terrain and that was why they failed. the truth is 90% of people who subscribe for sky or HITV do it because of football.

when the football season ends, a lot of people stop paying - HITV should have taken this into the equation with a proper scheme to address this downtime. between may & august, i was told about 5% of their customers paid their monthly subscription - they didn't have enough in their reserve to fill the gap & their business collapsed!

They had nothing else going for them. Their nollywood movies were nothing compared to DSTV African Magic channels. They had skynews which was okay. No Channel o to captivate the young. No current foreign movies. No reality shows like idol/talent contests.

DSTV had big brother Africa to compensate for the summer break in EPL.

However, we failed ourselves. Nigerians should never have lost that right again to DSTV. Even if there was no money, they should have rallied round.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by elampiro(m): 12:14am On Jun 01, 2015
SailorXY:

hmmm that's disgusting!
so they just bolted out of the blues(sic) & skyrocketed cost of breathing? they are even more useless than I imagined.

grin
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by SailorXY: 12:18am On Jun 01, 2015
SailorXY:

hmmm that's disgusting!

the U-20 will be aired live on Startimes, not COPA America. NTA refused to up their video quality, a whole national TV. Sometimes I wonder how much these things cost honestly. must they always find ways to disgrace us cheesy cheesy

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by coogar: 1:00am On Jun 01, 2015
SailorXY:

hmmm that's disgusting!

sky gets the larger share.
it's between sky & BTsports. to be honest, i don't mind sky having everything cos they just seem to have the best analysts in europe.

michael owen's commentary can terrorise a newborn to its death. BTsports only show one live game per weekend & sky shows about 4 or 5(if there's a monday night game).
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by elampiro(m): 2:55am On Jun 01, 2015
Wow! What a first half of entertaining football. 2-2

Nigeria should be leading by two goals margin but for luck. This is a very technical game, our boys can pass an opponent to death. Awoniyi round the goalkeeper only to hit side net- missed an empty net. Hope they wont regret it. It looks we are outnumbered in midfield while w defend. That's poor. We are not tightening it up enough.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by hensben(m): 6:02am On Jun 01, 2015
The season hazard came to chelsea;
man united fans; kagawa>hazard..end of season hazard>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>?>>>>>kagawa....kagawa=marco marin

before the start of this season, man united fans; di maria>hazard....end of season hazard>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>di maria

next season man united fan coming up with depay who played in a weak league=hazard lol, they are trying hard to look for a player that will be compare or better than hazard but in reality;top five this season; messi>>c.ronaldo>hazard>suarez>neymar.

Anybody who watch hazard at lille already know he is a total package that's, he can score, play-make, assist, has pace, dribble(his hobby) and make run with good square play. He is technical with the ball, he is just like his superior(messi), he rarely go down complain. cool cool (the two real men in today's football) unlike the two sissies(cr7 and neymar).

Lets see what depay can do in epl. embarassed undecided embarassed

1 Like

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by leggo: 7:22am On Jun 01, 2015
hensben:
man united fans; kagawa>hazard..end of season hazard>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>?>>>>>kagawa....kagawa=marco marin

before the start of this season, man united fans; di maria>hazard....end of season hazard>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>di maria

next season man united fan coming up with depay who played in a weak league=hazard lol, they are trying hard to look for a player that will be compare or better than hazard but in reality;top five this season; messi>>c.ronaldo>hazard>suarez>neymar.

Anybody who watch hazard at lille already know he is a total package that's, he can score, play-make, assist, has pace, dribble(his hobby) and make run with good square play. He is technical with the ball, he is just like his superior(messi), he rarely go down complain. cool cool (the two real men in today's football) unlike the two sissies(cr7 and neymar).

you were a man city fan just last year. What went wrong??
only ignoramuses will utter hazard, messi and Cr7 in the same sentence. Hazard is step below Neymar yet you blaspheme against Leo and Ronnie.. Amadioha will besiege you.

1 Like

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by afrodoc2: 7:43am On Jun 01, 2015
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by afrodoc2: 7:44am On Jun 01, 2015
hensben:

For daring to compare Hazard to Messi and Ronaldo may Sango shine a blowtorch through your yansh while Amadioha holds you down

1 Like

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by sinizia: 8:00am On Jun 01, 2015
That kind of moronic comment from GOATsben can only come from a chelshit fan overdosed on expired cow dung. Absolute baloney.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by sinizia: 8:01am On Jun 01, 2015
afrodoc2:

For daring to compare Hazard to Messi and Ronaldo may Sango shine a blowtorch through your yansh while Amadioha holds you down

gringrin

Don't quote him please. His madness is contagious. grin
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by tess1(m): 9:03am On Jun 01, 2015
coogar:

The owner failed himself by living frivolously despite having huge debts to service.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by SailorXY: 9:46am On Jun 01, 2015
show me a post where hensben made sense & I will show you a pit latrine filled with gold coins.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by SailorXY: 9:51am On Jun 01, 2015
elampiro:
Wow! What a first half of entertaining football. 2-2

Nigeria should be leading by two goals margin but for luck. This is a very technical game, our boys can pass an opponent to death. Awoniyi round the goalkeeper only to hit side net- missed an empty net. Hope they wont regret it. It looks we are outnumbered in midfield while w defend. That's poor. We are not tightening it up enough.

how did Pereira perform? it was Naija vs Brazil right?
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by hensben(m): 10:15am On Jun 01, 2015
afrodoc2:

fool were did i compare him with messi and cr7...bu.rt hurt man united fan cool
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by hensben(m): 10:17am On Jun 01, 2015
leggo:

only ignoramuses will utter hazard, messi and Cr7 in the same sentence. Hazard is step below Neymar yet you blaspheme against Leo and Ronnie.. Amadioha will besiege you.
i'm a barca fan mugu and were did i compare hazard to messi and cr7 go read my post again this time slowly.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by hensben(m): 10:19am On Jun 01, 2015
leggo:

step below neymar yet hazard is in european team of the season and he is no where to be found...you think football is all about tap-in goals...talk about man united fan's logic.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by leggo: 10:30am On Jun 01, 2015
hensben:
i'm a barca fan mugu and were did i compare hazard to messi and cr7 go read my post again this time slowly.
Barcelona fan now?? plastic as it gets..
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by afrodoc2: 10:45am On Jun 01, 2015
hensben:
fool were did i compare him with messi and cr7...bu.rt hurt man united fan cool

.ok

(1) (2) (3) ... (1664) (1665) (1666) (1667) (1668) (1669) (1670) ... (14215) (Reply)

Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021

Viewing this topic: TrebleChamp(m), chrisley024(m), Ibunkun1(m) and 5 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 103
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.