Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,130 members, 7,821,868 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 08:30 PM

Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion - European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) (1731) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) / Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion (8751624 Views)

Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 / Manchester United Fan Thread: Premier League Champions 2010/11 / Manchester United Fan thread: Forever Reds (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (1728) (1729) (1730) (1731) (1732) (1733) (1734) ... (14158) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by leggo: 5:25pm On Jul 06, 2015
afrodoc2:

..........................................YASHIN............................................

.......SANTOS........MOORE..........SCHNELLINGER......FACHETTI.......

....................................BECKENBAEUR...................................

.......GARRINCHA..............CHARLTON.......................BEST........

.........................DI STEFANO..........PELE................................

I am sure this is not the best possible team from that era, but if all these talents were in one club they would bury Barca or any other modern club. It should not even be up for debate.
You start your ancient of days team against this mashup

BUFFON

LAHM.................PUYOL...............VIDIC...................R.CARLOS

.........................................MAKELELE.................................................

..........................XAVI....................................KAKA.............................

..................................... RONALDINHO...............................................

...............MESSI......................................C.RONALDO........................
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by leggo: 5:28pm On Jul 06, 2015
ElFenomeno1:
Wow..... Scummies thread has been decimated into something else! LOL grin

I have been saying it for years, take Messi out of that La Liga and watch him struggle... Just leave Iniesta and Xavi behind!

This is one reason why I will never back down on an argument between CR7 and Messi.

CR7 has proven his mettle in another league at least.

Anyway back to whether Messi can stand toe to toe with Maradona and Pele, this is something not even worth stacking together

It is absolutely disrespectful to dip Messi or try to dip Messi into the same bath tub as Maradona or Pele!

it is a crime to be a one-club man? What's the next ridiculous bs going to be?
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by raumdeuter: 5:31pm On Jul 06, 2015
afrodoc2:

..........................................YASHIN............................................

.......SANTOS........MOORE..........SCHNELLINGER......FACHETTI.......

....................................BECKENBAEUR...................................

.......GARRINCHA..............CHARLTON.......................BEST........

.........................DI STEFANO..........PELE................................

I am sure this is not the best possible team from that era, but if all these talents were in one club they would bury Barca or any other modern club. It should not even be up for debate.

Moore Charlton Best?

You are taking a piss
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by afrodoc2: 5:33pm On Jul 06, 2015
leggo:
You start your ancient of days team against this mashup

BUFFON

LAHM. PUYOL VIDIC. R.CARLOS

MAKELELE.

XAVI. KAKA

RONALDINHO

MESSI. RONALDO

Lmao.... grin
Your team would get slaughtered.

Kaka is much much below George Best

Xavi is below Garrincha, if you put Ronaldinho in that RW spot he is still below Garrincha.

Roberto Carlos with his positional indiscipline would be devoured all day.

But where you committed blasphemy was Makelele at DM with Der Kaiser on the opposing end.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by raumdeuter: 5:33pm On Jul 06, 2015
Nihilist:

For a 90s Worldup winners flavour,

I'll go

..........................................TAFFARELL............................................

.......CAFU........MALDINI..........NESTA......ROBERTO CARLOS.......

....................................DUNGA...................................

.......PIRES..............ZIDANE.......................RIVALDO........

.........................RONALDO.........ROMARIO................................

The only weak(ish) link there to me is Pires... undecided

Pires is a disgrace on that lineup. How did you even comeup with fuckinggg Robert Pires? Only Arsenal wankstas rate him

He was never a starter in the all conquering French team only starts for losers like Arsenal

Ronaldo and Rivaldo didnt win a world cup in the 90's neither did Nesta, nor Maldini.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by afrodoc2: 5:35pm On Jul 06, 2015
raumdeuter:

Moore Charlton Best?

You are taking a piss

I know you are anti-British.
I won't be drawn into your endless arguments grin
I clearly stated that that was likely not the very best team from that era, just a good example.
Either draw up your own team or..........do a Johnny Walker cheesy
Thanks.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by afrodoc2: 5:38pm On Jul 06, 2015
Nihilist:

I'll go

..........................................TAFFARELL............................................

.........................RONALDO.........ROMARIO................................

Limiting it to only winners makes it difficult. Many winnnig teams carry passengers. Its better an open list for all ballers in the 90s
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by raumdeuter: 5:41pm On Jul 06, 2015
afrodoc2:

I know you are anti-British.
I won't be drawn into your endless arguments grin
I clearly stated that that was likely not the very best team from that era, just a good example.
Either draw up your own team or..........do a Johnny Walker cheesy
Thanks.

Where is the greatest European striker of all time Gerd Muller? Or Johann Cryuff or Platini
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by afrodoc2: 5:41pm On Jul 06, 2015
raumdeuter:

Moore Charlton Best?

You are taking a piss

Dayo no vex.
I remove Moore, Charlton and Best and replace them with the great Germans Schulz, Overath and Grabowski!
Why are you so fanatical about Hitler's race you unrepentant Ogbomoso man? cheesy
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by leggo: 5:42pm On Jul 06, 2015
quote author=afrodoc2 post=35555824]

Lmao.... grin

Xavi is below Garrincha, if you put Ronaldinho in that RW spot he is still below Garrincha.

But where you committed blasphemy was Makelele at DM with Der Kaiser on the opposing end.[/quote]
but xavi and garrincha have different roles and are set up for different purposes.. my formatting is wobbly.. kaka at his peak is not far off Best.. I'm however sure that with your slide first think later defenders messi and cr7 would stroll into the goal for fun...raumdeuter what's wrong with Best
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by elampiro(m): 5:44pm On Jul 06, 2015
leggo:

was that not a result of the ball been cleared from a set play oga Piro? unless you are a pathetic liar and didn't actually watch sambisa boys on VCR you can testify.

I dont understand this.

There are isolated cases when mighty space opened up in matches, this cut across all eras.

When Spain scored their final goal against Nigeria with a player free from half way line to face our goalkeeper, it was it from 1930?

Even in recent football we see two strikers face only the goal keeper, and one taps in eventually.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by raumdeuter: 5:44pm On Jul 06, 2015
afrodoc2:

Dayo no vex.
I remove Moore, Charlton and Best and replace them with the great Germans Schulz, Overath and Grabowski!
Why are you so fanatical about Hitler's race you unrepentant Ogbomoso man? cheesy

Wolfgang Overath, Gerd Muller, KarlHeinz Rummenigge, Pierre Littbarski Iron curtain duo Mattias Sammer and Jurgen Kohler, Paul Breittner, Andreas brehme,
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by afrodoc2: 5:47pm On Jul 06, 2015
raumdeuter:

Where is the greatest European striker of all time Gerd Muller? Or Johann Cryuff or Platini

I went with late 50s to 1970....Pele's era as the guy said.

I am one of the greatest Cruyff fans ever. I always place him in my all time list ( even if its to change formation to 4-3-3- or 3-4-3).

But Cruyff and Muller reigned in the 70s, Platini in the 80s.

Muller who i rate highly does not make the starting list also because of the preponderance of more complete forwards like Pele,Alfredo,Eusebio.
However as a scorer of goals he was a jazz man, the spiritual father of Ruud,Inzaghi, Crespo but far far far better than them.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by afrodoc2: 5:50pm On Jul 06, 2015
leggo:
quote author=afrodoc2 post=35555824]

Lmao.... grin

But where you committed blasphemy was Makelele at DM with Der Kaiser on the opposing end.
but xavi and garrincha have different roles and are set up for different purposes.. my formatting is wobbly.. kaka at his peak is not far off Best.. I'm however sure that with your slide first think later defenders messi and cr7 would stroll into the goal for fun...raumdeuter what's wrong with Best

Fachetti and Beckenbauer slide first think later?

There is no single defender in the world now as elegant as Beckenbauer. NONE
When you see Rio Ferdinand, Mattias Sammer, Fernando Hierro.....you are seeing copycats of Beckenbauer. only he was much better at toughness,elegance,reading the game.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by coogar: 5:50pm On Jul 06, 2015
leggo:

did ronaldo win a underground UCL we are unaware of?

he was injured for most parts in the peak of his career. he won copa america, world cup, confed cup, etc. he coulda chosen one of the big clubs in his prime but he chose to be at inter!
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by afrodoc2: 5:53pm On Jul 06, 2015
raumdeuter:

Wolfgang Overath, Gerd Muller, KarlHeinz Rummenigge, Pierre Littbarski Iron curtain duo Mattias Sammer and Jurgen Kohler, Paul Breittner, Andreas brehme,

Littbarski ahead of George Best? Abeg oga pass me that dutchie cheesy
Rummenigge ahead of who on the list? Pele or Di Stefano?
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by raumdeuter: 5:54pm On Jul 06, 2015
Nihilist:

I'll go

Try this for size

-------------Taffarel

-Cafu---Desailly-- Kohler--Brehme

Hassler----Matthaus---Zidane---

--Bebeto---Klinsmann--Romario
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by elampiro(m): 5:54pm On Jul 06, 2015
leggo:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M5HbmeNKino

is this the top notch defending we are raging about?

Network in location i am currently on now has not allowed me see this clip. However there are always isolated cases.

Di Maria disgraced Puyol
Ronaldinho vs Cole enroute to equalizing England, Rivaldo scored it eventually.
Eto vs Vidic
Milito UCL final goal.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by raumdeuter: 5:55pm On Jul 06, 2015
afrodoc2:

Littbarski ahead of George Best? Abeg oga pass me that dutchie cheesy
Rummenigge ahead of who on the list? Pele or Di Stefano?

Rummenigge ahead of Best anyday even if na to rearrange the formation, Littbarski ahead of Charlton
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by coogar: 5:56pm On Jul 06, 2015
bigkesh:

No forward is better than Ronaldo.......Respect the boss

as a pure centre forward, fat ronaldo is the best i have seen. he's the most dangerous player i have seen in my lifetime. jeeeez, he tore defences into shreds. bobby robson used to hold his head with his hands as his manager wondering what kinda player is this?

raumdeuter:

Rummenigge ahead of Best anyday even if na to rearrange the formation, Littbarski ahead of Charlton

this is a lie!
there has been no german winger better than best. if best had been born in brazil or argentina, he woulda been a legend in the game. he's messi + ronaldo + ronaldinho rolled into one body.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by afrodoc2: 6:07pm On Jul 06, 2015
raumdeuter:

Littbarski?
Its true. Especially how Littbarski played for Cologne, RC Paris, United Chiba and Brummell Sendai winning the German FA Cup once and UEFA cup runner up in his whole club career.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by coogar: 6:10pm On Jul 06, 2015
afrodoc2:

Littbarski?
Its true. Especially how Littbarski played for Cologne, RC Paris, United Chiba and Brummell Sendai winning the German FA Cup once and UEFA cup runner up in his whole club career.

littbarski is like podolski-he's mediocre
i would even put fischer ahead of littbarski in that west germany era. their best player then was their goalie(schumacer) and maybe paul breitner.

afrodoc2:

Fachetti and Beckenbauer slide first think later?
There is no single defender in the world now as elegant as Beckenbauer. NONE
When you see Rio Ferdinand, Mattias Sammer, Fernando Hierro.....you are seeing copycats of Beckenbauer. only he was much better at toughness,elegance,reading the game.

i actually think sammer is better than beckenbauer. his injury denied us one of the finest defenders you would ever see. sammer is the truth. he owned everything in the box.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by afrodoc2: 6:13pm On Jul 06, 2015
raumdeuter:

As per Rummenigge he was a forward, he can not displace Alfredo and Pele there. If those 2 are removed i am sorry he can't displace Muller, Kubala, Eusebio, Puskas e.t.c

Unless there is a plane crash of the legends of the game there is no way Rummenigge makes the list EVEN IF WE USE W-M FORMATION OR 2-3-5 grin
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by leggo: 6:14pm On Jul 06, 2015
coogar:

he was injured for most parts in the peak of his career. he won copa america, world cup, confed cup, etc. he coulda chosen one of the big clubs in his prime but he chose to be at inter!
he should have taken better care of himself
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by coogar: 6:17pm On Jul 06, 2015
leggo:

he should have taken better care of himself

it was after his injury he became fat.
before his injury, he was very athletic. he's got pace, guile, tekkers & football brain. 1 v 1 with goalie? the goalie gets rapëd 10 times out of 10.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by A40(m): 6:19pm On Jul 06, 2015
saintwill:
IF ONLY HIGUAIN DID'T FAIL MESSI ON TWO OCCASSION (@worldcup2014 & @copa2015) THE ARGUEMENT WOULD HAVE BEEN DIFFERENT.........SOME THINGS ARE JUST MORE THAN A PLAYER..
Na wa oo! Is it not the same Higuain that scored the winner vs Belgium? Like Hoewedes didn't hit the bar in that same match. Not saying Higuain is not a wasteman but at least admit Messi didn't do enough to win either match

Messi is yet to score a goal in the knockout stage of the World Cup

StarBoard:

It's only these new jack cats that believe Messi is better than Maradona or Pele without winning any international competition.
Just like the new jack basketball fans who believe Lebron is better than Michael Jordan as the GOAT.

I don't have any problem with anyone that considers Messi or Lebron as their G.O.A.T. Someone born in the mid-90's most likely would not care for the older guys unless he/she is very devoted to the sport
My problem is when people try to downplay that era then someone has to step in and give them history lessons.

Let them go and watch Harold Schumacher almost guillotine Battiston in Espana 82 and come back and tell me about physicality
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by afrodoc2: 6:21pm On Jul 06, 2015
coogar:

littbarski is like podolski-he's mediocre
i would even put fischer ahead of littbarski in that west germany era. their best player then was their goalie(schumacer) and maybe paul breitner.

i actually think sammer is better than beckenbauer. his injury denied us one of the finest defenders you would ever see. sammer is the truth. he owned everything in the box.

Sammer was very very good no doubt, but he got his injury at 30 not like Fat Ronaldo who was cut down in his prime.
Of the central defenders i saw play live i rate Baresi and Sammer above others not just for the way the marked their man but the way they organized the defence. Kohler, Bergomi, Dessailly, Nesta and Maldini get honorable mention.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by raumdeuter: 6:22pm On Jul 06, 2015
A40:

I don't have any problem with anyone that considers Messi or Lebron as their G.O.A.T. Someone born in the mid-90's most likely would not care for the older guys unless he/she is very devoted to the sport
My problem is when people try to downplay that era then someone has to step in and give them history lessons.

Let them go and watch Harold Schumacher almost guillotine Battiston in Espana 82 and come back and tell me about physicality

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tGq7VcaHoqo
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by raumdeuter: 6:25pm On Jul 06, 2015
afrodoc2:

Sammer was very very good no doubt, but he got his injury at 30 not like Fat Ronaldo who was cut down in his prime.
Of the central defenders i saw play live i rate Baresi and Sammer above others not just for the way the marked their man but the way they organized the defence. Kohler, Bergomi, Dessailly, Nesta and Maldini get honorable mention.

Bergomi I saw at Inter Milan cant organize shit. I would even have Stam and Blanc ahead of him. Stam used to be a wall in his days and Blanc though not good on one vs one he can organize the defence well

90's and below defenders

Sammer, Baresi, Maldini, Kohler, Cannavaro, Stam, Nesta, Dessaily
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by A40(m): 6:27pm On Jul 06, 2015
raumdeuter:

Moore Charlton Best?
You are taking a piss
More like Yinka Best. Ko gbe oge wa ko le gbe oge lo
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by raumdeuter: 6:29pm On Jul 06, 2015
A40:

More like Yinka Best. Ko gbe oge wa ko le gbe oge lo

Maybe he meant Eric Moore in Surulere and Best Ogedengbe
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by leggo: 6:31pm On Jul 06, 2015
A40:

Na wa oo! Is it not the same Higuain that scored the winner vs Belgium? Like Hoewedes didn't hit the bar in that same match. Not saying Higuain is not a wasteman but at least admit Messi didn't do enough to win either match

Messi is yet to score a goal in the knockout stage of the World Cup

there is a reason it was such a controversial event. what kind of sport would encourage such play??
let's be realistic and not resort to picking standout assaults as a pillar of argument

(1) (2) (3) ... (1728) (1729) (1730) (1731) (1732) (1733) (1734) ... (14158) (Reply)

Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021

Viewing this topic: 7 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 65
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.