Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,849 members, 7,810,272 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 04:11 AM

Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion - European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) (1733) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) / Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion (8674410 Views)

Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 / Manchester United Fan Thread: Premier League Champions 2010/11 / Manchester United Fan thread: Forever Reds (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (1730) (1731) (1732) (1733) (1734) (1735) (1736) ... (14141) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by A40(m): 8:26pm On Jul 06, 2015
afrodoc2:

That is why Littbarski is better than George Best and Rummenigge will make 1st team of Pele's era abi? cheesy
True the British have never produced any world class player, only Germany produces world class players....and the best defenders in history ( Italians are only lucky because of the league they play in).
George Best was overrated biko! Same way Beckham was overrated doesn't mean they were not good players

I don't recall typing anything about Littbarski, jowo direct your complaint through the appropriate channel

Rummenigge and Pele are obviously not in the same era

The rest na you take your mouth talk am
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by weedtaker: 8:39pm On Jul 06, 2015
Na wa o! Which one be littbarski?? I no even knw say rumminege play soccer, na wa o, old men full here o grin grin grin
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by coogar: 8:42pm On Jul 06, 2015
weedtaker:
Na wa o! Which one be littbarski?? I no even knw say rumminege play soccer, na wa o, old men full here o grin grin grin

so none of you guys watched old tapes of world cup? we had a tape "giants of brazil" that documented brazil from 1958-1982. it was so refreshing to watch.....i always watched it as a kid when there's an important match in my school to learn a trick or two.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by leggo: 8:50pm On Jul 06, 2015
coogar:

so none of you guys watched old tapes of world cup? we had a tape "giants of brazil" that documented brazil from 1958-1982. it was so refreshing to watch.....i always watched it as a kid when there's an important match in my school to learn a trick or two.
so what did you learn besides feints, incessant nutmegging and Pele making a habit of lifting the ball to defenders arms for a foul?
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by weedtaker: 8:54pm On Jul 06, 2015
coogar:

mehn na only "best of this" and "best of that", i de watch o, wit greatest players of all time documentary on supersports. Nd eehm was pele d player who got sent off and was forced back in to continue the match due to the spectators threatening to go wild if he doesn't continue
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by elampiro(m): 9:01pm On Jul 06, 2015
SAMMER, WOW! I have even forgotten to mention him. Real defenders have all retired.

Even Roberto Carlos.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by fredoooooo: 9:09pm On Jul 06, 2015
chic2pimp:

Extend that to the year 2000 abeg
These are the names of the central defenders we took to france 1998
Bergomi
Sandro
Canna
Billy

The great Ciro Ferrera did not even make the squad.

Druggers !!!!! tongue
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by coogar: 9:24pm On Jul 06, 2015
leggo:

so what did you learn besides feints, incessant nutmegging and Pele making a habit of lifting the ball to defenders arms for a foul?

laying the ball for an oncoming player to strike it sweetly. back then, most passes were ball to feet. i told my team mates then that the passes should be put a bit ahead so i can run to it.

weedtaker:
mehn na only "best of this" and "best of that", i de watch o, wit greatest players of all time documentary on supersports. Nd eehm was pele d player who got sent off and was forced back in to continue the match due to the spectators threatening to go wild if he doesn't continue

yes!
against portugal in 66 world cup. had pele not gotten injured, they woulda won that world cup. portugal set out to cripple pele in that game!
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by elampiro(m): 9:31pm On Jul 06, 2015
raumdeuter:

Just a season before They won the league with Juventus, Canavaro was world cup, Ballon D or and WPOTY winner going to Madrid.

Italian league is basically a league for defenders. That was why Taribo excelled. You need to see the way Taribo was hailed for his brutal assault on Kanchelskis where they had to stretch the victim away from the field covered in blanket yet Taribo didnt get a red

How do you think Montero would have survived in any decent league? Looking at this face alone Shawcross would run away

Paramatti would be very much at home being the hitman of a mob

Taribo excelled in Auxerre. I saw him in CL games and he was playing like a boss. I remember a certain game he overlap with the ball to give an assist .
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by elampiro(m): 9:35pm On Jul 06, 2015
coogar:

na ojoro germany take win them for final.

I have always remembered Argentina were robbed and Maradona cried. But I have forgotten what that ojoro incidence was. Can you remind Me? Never repeated that match.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by raumdeuter: 9:39pm On Jul 06, 2015
coogar:

the way the defender's boot flew in the air when he tackled cannigia was funny as hell. argentina woulda certainly scored with that counter attack - massing had to sacrifice himself to preserve cameroon's lead.

as much as maradona dazzled the world in 86, i still think he had a better performance in italia 90. he was more mature & he ran that midfield like a boss! na ojoro germany take win them for final.

Italia 90 was brutal I think it was after that FIFA ruled out tackles from behind. See the match vs Brazil and how many times Alemao and Dunga hacked Maradona thats more than any modern day footballer suffered in a season

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PA0-U3RsOKY

I think it was in the same match that Carecas jersey was torn
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by raumdeuter: 9:41pm On Jul 06, 2015
elampiro:

I have always remembered Argentina were robbed and Maradona cried. But I have forgotten what that ojoro incidence was. Can you remind Me? Never repeated that match.

There was no ojoro,

Only that Argentines were very physical and duly got red carded. Also Klinsmann took advantage of their physical approach and got fouls called for him
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by elampiro(m): 9:41pm On Jul 06, 2015
afrodoc2:

That is why Littbarski is better than George Best and Rummenigge will make 1st team of Pele's era abi? cheesy
True the British have never produced any world class player, only Germany produces world class players....and the best defenders in history ( Italians are only lucky because of the league they play in).

Dayo and A40 must find a way to dilute achievement of others until German players come top in the discussion.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by ElFenomeno1: 9:43pm On Jul 06, 2015
leggo:

it is a crime to be a one-club man? What's the next ridiculous bs going to be?

Yes it is a crime
let Messi go out of la liga and make it rain!
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by raumdeuter: 9:44pm On Jul 06, 2015
elampiro:

Dayo and A40 must find a way to dilute achievement of others until German players come top in the discussion.

Was it Dayo and A40 that gave Germany 4 World cup, 3 Euro Cups, and multiple runners up medal? German team is only second to Brazil

british footballers are extremely inferior to them and shouldnt be mentioned in the same sentence as those German legends
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by elampiro(m): 9:48pm On Jul 06, 2015
raumdeuter:

There was no ojoro,

Only that Argentines were very physical and duly got red carded. Also Klinsmann took advantage of their physical approach and got fouls called for him

Hmmm

I supported Argentina since I was their fan from Mexico '86. May be my judgement was biased then. But why should a ref give a red card in a world cup final so easily. It takes away the beauty. Imagine if Webb had sent players off in 2010 final.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by elampiro(m): 9:50pm On Jul 06, 2015
raumdeuter:

Was it Dayo and A40 that gave Germany 4 World cup, 3 Euro Cups, and multiple runners up medal? German team is only second to Brazil

british footballers are extremely inferior to them and shouldnt be mentioned in the same sentence as those German legends

And we were talking about Italian defenders. Coogar rightly said they have been the best.

But you said because they defend in numbers. I knew you were going to promote some Germans.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by raumdeuter: 9:51pm On Jul 06, 2015
elampiro:
Hmmm

I supported Argentina since I was their fan from Mexico '86. May be my judgement was biased then. But why should a ref give a red card in a world cup final so easily. It takes away the beauty. Imagine if Webb had sent players off in 2010 final.

if a team decides to play extremely rough football then why shouldnt he show the red card?

Webb should have sent De Jong off for that foul and it was an error in judgment thats why English referees are a laughing stock in the world

One of them even gave one player 3 yellow cards at a world cup game. England is a disgrace to the game

Didn't a ref give Drogba a red card in a CL final for a minor slap?
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by nyabinghi(m): 9:51pm On Jul 06, 2015
Messi has won what maradona or pele never won, messi has. 4ucl medals, did maradona not flop in barcelona, messi scored more than maradona for the albiceleste, he has an olympic medal something maradona or pele never won, he has the most goals in a calendar year. He has tried his best for his country so he should be spared the bull shit. Da lima was great but had no great achievements for his clubs, he never won the ucl, he never scored 5 times in a match. Messi is a soccer God.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by coogar: 9:52pm On Jul 06, 2015
elampiro:

the penalty decision that gave germany their only goal. it wasn't even a tackle and the ref gave it in a final that was going to end 0-0.

raumdeuter:

Italia 90 was brutal I think it was after that FIFA ruled out tackles from behind. See the match vs Brazil and how many times Alemao and Dunga hacked Maradona thats more than any modern day footballer suffered in a season

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PA0-U3RsOKY
I think it was in the same match that Carecas jersey was torn

that was why maradona's performance in this game alone eclipsed whatever messi has achieved. it's the best performance i have seen from an individual in a world cup game.

the odds were against them.....
brazil were better than them on paper. careca was the most fearsome striker in the world & maradona inspired an average team to defeat the almighty brazil.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by gaetano: 9:54pm On Jul 06, 2015
elampiro:

What are you saying?

Giancinto fachetti played in Pele's eya.

Ruddi Krol, Jama Santos, Gaetano , Bobby Moore, Beckenbauer all played in Pele's era listed as top 10 of all time.

Na who dey call me?
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by raumdeuter: 9:56pm On Jul 06, 2015
elampiro:

And we were talking about Italian defenders. Coogar rightly said they have been the best.

But you said because they defend in numbers. I knew you were going to promote some Germans.

Maybe when we see these Italian defenders play outside their leagues and they are nothing special you need to look deeper

I saw how Oddo, Barzagli and Zaccardo were disgraced in Bundesliga before running back to the comfort of Italy or how Canavaro as reigning WPOTY was embarassed in La Liga
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by coogar: 10:01pm On Jul 06, 2015
raumdeuter:

Maybe when we see these Italian defenders play outside their leagues and they are nothing special you need to look deeper

I saw how Oddo, Barzagli and Zaccardo were disgraced in Bundesliga before running back to the comfort of Italy or how Canavaro as reigning WPOTY was embarassed in La Liga

all the italians that left seria A to ply their trade elsewhere were already past their peak. you cannot use those examples to judge. ac milan had some brilliant attacking teams when van basten, gullit, etc were starring for them & they still kept the defending business world class.

italians have the best defence! germans can't even compete with them.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by coogar: 10:11pm On Jul 06, 2015
nyabinghi:
Messi has won what maradona or pele never won, messi has. 4ucl medals, did maradona not flop in barcelona, messi scored more than maradona for the albiceleste, he has an olympic medal something maradona or pele never won, he has the most goals in a calendar year. He has tried his best for his country so he should be spared the bull shit. Da lima was great but had no great achievements for his clubs, he never won the ucl, he never scored 5 times in a match. Messi is a soccer God.

maradona flopped at barcelona? how?
you people would just write any nonsense. olympic football is an age grade competition - it is under-23. it's like saying kanu is superior to yekini cos kanu won an olympic medal.

messi cannot clean maradona's boot when it comes to leadership & putting a whole team on his shoulder. watch argentina vs brazil in italia 90 again and tell me messi could have pulled that off.

by the time maradona supplied the assist to caniggia, 4 brazilian defenders collided with each other not knowing where the ball went. it's the best football moment in any world cup. the world musta stood still on the day.

diego is 100 times better than messi.......
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by elampiro(m): 10:20pm On Jul 06, 2015
weedtaker:

I watched Rumminege live in Mexico 86. I was in primary school but my house na soccer home. I get one cousin who just returned from NYSC who lived with us. Neighbors and some Poly students came our sitting room to see games.

There was a Platini vs Rummenigge meeting that kept a lot of people in our house till late night. I think that was a semi final match. Germany second goal from counter was a delight to see. It was a killer goal as it ended Platini 's world cup hope. We all jubilated in our house because my cousin had rallied us behind Maradona. There was a debate at the time who was better between Maradona and Platini. When Maradona single handedly sent out Belgium on top of performance against England, it was no contest again who the world best player was.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by nyabinghi(m): 10:22pm On Jul 06, 2015
coogar:

maradona flopped at barcelona? how?
you people would just write any nonsense. olympic football is an age grade competition - it is under-23. it's like saying kanu is superior to yekini cos kanu won an olympic medal.

messi cannot clean maradona's boot when it comes to leadership & putting a whole team on his shoulder. watch argentina vs brazil in italia 90 again and tell me messi could have pulled that off.

by the time maradona supplied the assist to caniggia, 4 brazilian defenders collided with each other not knowing where the ball went. it's the best football moment in any world cup. the world musta stood still on the day.

diego is 100 times better than messi.......
maradona was a pure fraud at barcelona, I judge based on trophies. Messi has records maradona can only dream of , messi was never a drug cheat. Maradona would wish he was messi, 91 goals in a calenday year, la pulga is a soccer God
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by elampiro(m): 10:25pm On Jul 06, 2015
raumdeuter:

if a team decides to play extremely rough football then why shouldnt he show the red card?

Webb should have sent De Jong off for that foul and it was an error in judgment thats why English referees are a laughing stock in the world

One of them even gave one player 3 yellow cards at a world cup game. England is a disgrace to the game

Didn't a ref give Drogba a red card in a CL final for a minor slap?

I keep seeing English refs in big CL games yet you say they are not good.

Webb did well. The match for spoil. The fun would have gone.

DROGBA:s slap was extra time.

Coogar just reminded me. Argentina were robbed truly.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by nyabinghi(m): 10:27pm On Jul 06, 2015
Messi has nothing to prove, he won the golden ball at the last fifa world cup. His records makes people green with envy, boateng has a world cup winners meda, even mertasacker, you can win the world cup as a squad player. Messi destroyed man u and arsenal, raped madrid countless times, bayern won't forget him
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by elampiro(m): 10:35pm On Jul 06, 2015
coogar:

the penalty decision that gave germany their only goal. it wasn't even a tackle and the ref gave it in a final that was going to end 0-0.

that was why maradona's performance in this game alone eclipsed whatever messi has achieved. it's the best performance i have seen from an individual in a world cup game.

the odds were against them.....
brazil were better than them on paper. careca was the most fearsome striker in the world & maradona inspired an average team to defeat the almighty brazil.

Exactly, on the two issues above. Gbam!
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by nyabinghi(m): 10:38pm On Jul 06, 2015
elampiro:

Exactly, on the two issues above. Gbam!

the selecao of italia90 were shyte, they laboured to beat costa rica and weren't exactly world beaters. It was no suprise cannigia buried them. The argies were equally shyte in that tourney.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by elampiro(m): 10:46pm On Jul 06, 2015
nyabinghi:
Messi has nothing to prove, he won the golden ball at the last fifa world cup. His records makes people green with envy, boateng has a world cup winners meda, even mertasacker, you can win the world cup as a squad player. Messi destroyed man u and arsenal, raped madrid countless times, bayern won't forget him

Messi has nothing to prove but he used his mouth to say he is unfulfilled. He was already ecstatic thinking he would win the copa America.

Boateng has a world cup yes. oshea , Mereires (is that the spelling), have CL trophy.

The world cup is the highest honour. Maradona was not a passenger in his team. He won it for his country. The reason he is a god in Argentina and Messi is not.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by raumdeuter: 10:49pm On Jul 06, 2015
In Italia 90 final

Argentina didnt play anything they had just one shot on target and were hoping for penalties because they had Sergei Goicocheaa in goal

They just hacked and played defensive all game

(1) (2) (3) ... (1730) (1731) (1732) (1733) (1734) (1735) (1736) ... (14141) (Reply)

Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021

Viewing this topic: eph12(m) and 3 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 66
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.