Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,024 members, 7,821,561 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 03:03 PM

Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion - European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) (1735) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) / Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion (8750552 Views)

Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 / Manchester United Fan Thread: Premier League Champions 2010/11 / Manchester United Fan thread: Forever Reds (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (1732) (1733) (1734) (1735) (1736) (1737) (1738) ... (14157) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Nobody: 12:03pm On Jul 07, 2015
leggo:

lol... did scholes and keane play the final in our treble winning year? and how many games did pique play? You are up to your mischief again? if you don't play the final ,you did not contribute eh?... do you make up this rules as you go?
the legs of a weight lifter ..Lmao. I hear you

Please read through his post.

Messi didn't play from the q-finals upwards.
Scholes and Keane missed the final game only.
Have you forgotten how Keane dragged us to the final in Turin?
How are both cases similar?
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by coogar: 12:03pm On Jul 07, 2015
MrTA:
I know nothing about Darmian. Hopefully he's a good player and can fit into the club and required level.

i knew him via FIFA15.
he's a very good player. he has a good balance of offending/defending and he's miles better than clyne.

he won the best player award of the italian national team in 2014. he can play as RB or LB. he's the italian azpilicueta....the only doubt now is the moment he signs for us, he would tear a hamstring that would keep him out till 2016. grin

leggo:

lol... did scholes and keane play the final in our treble winning year? and how many games did pique play? You are up to your mischief again? if you don't play the final ,you did not contribute eh?... do you make up this rules as you go?
the legs of a weight lifter ..Lmao. I hear you

keane played in the second leg of the semis that got us to the final in the first place. without keane in turin, juve would have buried us.

messi didn't play in the 2 legs in the q/final. messi didn't play in the 2 legs in the semis. messi didn't play in the final. without messi in the squad, barca would still have won the UCL that year.

they had guily, ronaldinho, etoo & larsson in their attack.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Nobody: 12:05pm On Jul 07, 2015
coogar:

i knew him via FIFA15.
he's a very good player. he has a good balance of offending/defending and he's miles better than clyne.

he won the best player award of the italian national team in 2014. he can play as RB or LB. he's the italian azpilicueta....the only doubt now is the moment he signs for us, he would tear a hamstring that would keep him out till 2016. grin
I'm only skeptical about players with multi-faceted abilities.
Phil Jones comes to mind.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by coogar: 12:12pm On Jul 07, 2015
StarBoard:

I'm only skeptical about players with multi-faceted abilities.
Phil Jones comes to mind.

this dude is better than jones.....
he has no mistake in him. he's the italian azpilicueta. no errors in their game.

this is his assessment from a SERIE A pundit....

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by SailorXY: 12:25pm On Jul 07, 2015
as long as we've made no official bid, there's no proof we're interested. I don't care for all the praises, we better start getting players LvG already penciled down.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by leggo: 12:25pm On Jul 07, 2015
StarBoard:

Please read through his post.
Messi didn't play from the q-finals upwards. Scholes and Keane missed the final game only. Have you forgotten how Keane dragged us to the final in Turin? How are both cases similar?
I am not blind please. You should read it yourself " did messi play in the final against arsenal? if he did not, how did he contribute to the trophy?"
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Nobody: 12:26pm On Jul 07, 2015
coogar:

this dude is better than jones.....
he has no mistake in him. he's the italian azpilicueta. no errors in their game.

this is his assessment from a SERIE A pundit....
Ok then.
Let's hope he lives up to the plaudits.
I hope he keeps out some of our error-prone defenders on the bench.

I'm also hoping one of Otamendi or Ramos signs for us. That would bolster our back line and send Evans away for good.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Nobody: 12:27pm On Jul 07, 2015
leggo:

I am not blind please. You should read it yourself
" did messi play in the final against arsenal? if he did not, how did he
contribute to the trophy?"
That was not all that was written.
There is a context in which his argument is being placed.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Nobody: 12:38pm On Jul 07, 2015
Memphis's First Day in Training.....

The look in Januzaj's eyes tho cheesy

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by coogar: 12:42pm On Jul 07, 2015
SailorXY:
as long as we've made no official bid, there's no proof we're interested. I don't care for all the praises, we better start getting players LvG already penciled down.

this is almost done - english journos have been briefed!

StarBoard:

Ok then.
Let's hope he lives up to the plaudits.
I hope he keeps out some of our error-prone defenders on the bench.

he will put valencia on the bench.

I'm also hoping one of Otamendi or Ramos signs for us. That would bolster our back line and send Evans away for good.

if de gea leaves this summer, we would get ramos. if madrid continues to play hard with ramos, they will not get de gea this summer.

otamendi should have been signed by now. he made team of the tournament again in copa america. what else do we need to confirm he's a great defender. vidal is also available & back in form.

LVG should forget bastian & splash the cash on vidal. we should have up to 3 bull-dogs in that midfield area to protect the defence. woodward must tie up at least 3 players this month.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by leggo: 12:48pm On Jul 07, 2015
StarBoard:

That was not all that was written.
There is a context in which his argument is being placed.
the bedrock of his entire argument is mere silt, how can a player play 6 out 7 games then gets injured the 2nd round a passenger and not a winner? it is instructive to note that Solksjaer also played 6 games in '99, 5 of which were as a sub..
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by leggo: 12:50pm On Jul 07, 2015
I thought otamendi was supposed to join up soon as the Copa was done , what's the hold up?
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by coogar: 12:53pm On Jul 07, 2015
leggo:

the bedrock of his entire argument is mere silt, how can a player play 6 out 7 games then gets injured the 2nd round a passenger and not a winner? it is instructive to note that Solksjaer also played 6 games in '99, 5 of which were as a sub..

why are you comparing apples to oranges. solakjaer got the winner in the final against bayern. messi didn't kick a ball from the q/final till the trophy was won.

what's the comparison?

1 Like

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by leggo: 1:00pm On Jul 07, 2015
coogar:

why are you comparing apples to oranges. solakjaer got the winner in the final against bayern. messi didn't kick a ball from the q/final till the trophy was won.

what's the comparison?
so we should ignore his prior contribution because he got injured?? Logic
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by coogar: 1:02pm On Jul 07, 2015
leggo:

so we should ignore his prior contribution because he got injured?? Logic

he had no meaningful contribution.
if barca could do without him in the knock out stage, then they woulda done without him in the easier games in the group stage.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by leggo: 1:09pm On Jul 07, 2015
coogar:

he had no meaningful contribution.
if barca could do without him in the knock out stage, then they woulda done without him in the easier games in the group stage.
if...
but they didn't, did they? he played the group stages ,that's all matters
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by elampiro(m): 1:09pm On Jul 07, 2015
A40:

Just to defend Messi people have gone to extreme lengths to discredit football from that era but some of us know better. They said Pele never played in Europe but little did they know the South American League was at par or even stronger than European Leagues in his time with teams like Penarol, Nacional from Uruguay. Independiente, Boca from Argentina. Santos, Cruzeiro etc from Brazil

100 %.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by coogar: 1:11pm On Jul 07, 2015
leggo:

if...
but they didn't, did they? he played the group stages ,that's all matters

and winning the group stages does not guarantee winning the trophy. only the knock out games actually count & messi was nowhere to be found when the going got tough.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by elampiro(m): 1:13pm On Jul 07, 2015
A40:

Left to them they would scrap International football just to show that Messi is the greatest. How can anyone tell me a player yet to score a goal in the knockout stage of a World Cup is the greatest with a team as talented as the Argentines? If you even say greatest club player I won't argue

Even if he can't win a major tournament at least be dominant in any of them, not scoring against Bosnia, Iran and Nigeria

The greatest always deliver in the clutch. This is Messi's 3rd Final nothing to show for it.

Ajigbijigbijigbi
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by leggo: 1:25pm On Jul 07, 2015
coogar:

and winning the group stages does not guarantee winning the trophy. only the knock out games actually count & messi was nowhere to be found when the going got tough.
Yes, yes of course, the group stages are not important at all... I agree with you! grin As a matter of fact , the knockout rounds are not useful, might as well just up and play a final.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by elampiro(m): 1:27pm On Jul 07, 2015
chrisley024:
Who knows this Darmian?
Sky reports it`s done
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by JayKayMaybachz(m): 1:28pm On Jul 07, 2015
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by coogar: 1:29pm On Jul 07, 2015
leggo:

Yes, yes of course, the group stages are not important at all... I agree with you! grin As a matter of fact , the knockout rounds are not useful, might as well just up and play a final.

the knock out rounds are useful & messi did not play in the 4 games of the quarters & the semis. there's no way anyone can say messi contributed to the UCL barca won in 05/06.

1 Like

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by elampiro(m): 1:31pm On Jul 07, 2015
Manchester United have agreed a fee with
Torino for Italy international right-back Matteo
Darmian, according to Sky Italia sources.

Talks between the clubs have been ongoing
and, after rejecting United's first two bids,
Torino have agreed to sell their prized defender
for £12.7million (€18m).
Darmian is a versatile defender who is capable
of playing in either full-back spot, though his
favoured position is on the right, but also has
experience at centre-half and at 6ft tall offers a
strong aerial presence.

http://www1.skysports.com/football/news/11667/9905726/manchester-united-have-agreed-a-fee-with-torino-for-matteo-darmian
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by patrickmuf(m): 1:32pm On Jul 07, 2015
Saw Darmian at the world cup with Italy, I was really impressed... He has a very good technique as well as pace... #Excited
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Nobody: 1:39pm On Jul 07, 2015
leggo:

I'm just pointing out that the Keane and Scholes missing the 99 final isn't the same.

Messi didn't get involved in the crucial stages of that campaign. It can be argued on that basis that he wasn't instrumental in the run in to the title.

He scored only one goal in the 6 games he played that campaign.
It's safe to argue that he wasn't instrumental in Barca's Euro title win that season. Though he was only 19 at the time.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by coogar: 1:43pm On Jul 07, 2015
elampiro:
Manchester United have agreed a fee with
Torino for Italy international right-back Matteo
Darmian, according to Sky Italia sources.

Talks between the clubs have been ongoing
and, after rejecting United's first two bids,
Torino have agreed to sell their prized defender
for £12.7million (€18m).
Darmian is a versatile defender who is capable
of playing in either full-back spot, though his
favoured position is on the right, but also has
experience at centre-half and at 6ft tall offers a
strong aerial presence.

http://www1.skysports.com/football/news/11667/9905726/manchester-united-have-agreed-a-fee-with-torino-for-matteo-darmian

that skysports link is funny.....
no matter who you put next to drogba in the near post, he cannot be stopped from scoring from a corner if the ball is put near post.

didn't drogba score a similar goal against bayern in the UCL final? only the delivery can stop drogba from scoring. he's the master of such goals from a corner. rafael can't be blamed at all.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Nobody: 1:48pm On Jul 07, 2015
coogar:

that skysports link is funny.....
no matter who you put next to drogba in the near post, he cannot be stopped from scoring from a corner if the ball is put near post.

didn't drogba score a similar goal against bayern in the UCL final? only the delivery can stop drogba from scoring. he's the master of such goals from a corner. rafael can't be blamed at all.
The link is legit.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by coogar: 1:50pm On Jul 07, 2015
StarBoard:

The link is legit.

i am not doubting the authenticity of the link. it's the side story that got me laughing. in a nutshell, it was because we conceded a goal from drogba's header that we are buying a tall defender in the right back position. grin

isn't that funny to you?
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by nyabinghi(m): 1:51pm On Jul 07, 2015
coogar:

maradona spent only 2 seasons @barca and there was a period he was out for 3 months with a broken leg. messi won nothing in his first 2 seasons in the barca senior team as a regular player.

what has playing in europe gotta do with it? south america ruled the world in the days of pele. they were kicking europe's bütt year in year out from the late 50s to the early 70s when pele retired.

maradona never played in a team that regularly qualified for the champions league. winning uefa with a low rated club like napoli is a bigger achievement than messi winning champions league with barca. barcelona won UCL in 2006 without messi. this proves the club is capable of winning the holy grail without messi.

messi is a bully.....
he bullied tello, alexi sanchez, etc out of the team. messi spat in the face of an opponent, messi is a tax evader and might still go to prison. messi was built up with steroids because of bone problems as a kid. he gets protected because of his humble beginning.

maradona won under-20 world cup in 1979, he won the golden ball in that tournament. maradona won serie A twice with napoli - it's the equivalent of QPR winning the premier league. he won UEFA with the same team & coppa italia.

no wonder messi cannot cut it for his national team. iniesta wins for club & country.....maradona won for club & country. messi only wins in the club & i have no doubt barcelona would have still won UCL titles without messi.
who got asier del horno sent off in 2006 ucl against chelsea wasn't it messi after skinning robben, messi has 4 ucl titles maradna can only dream off excuses for maradona he was a barca failure despite his world record signing
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Nobody: 1:53pm On Jul 07, 2015
coogar:

i am not doubting the authenticity of the link. it's the side story that got me laughing. in a nutshell, it was because we conceded a goal from drogba's header that we are buying a tall defender in the right back position. grin

isn't that funny to you?

Well,
Even Skysports have off-days
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by coogar: 1:59pm On Jul 07, 2015
nyabinghi:
who got asier del horno sent off in 2006 ucl against chelsea wasn't it messi after skinning robben, messi has 4 ucl titles maradna can only dream off excuses for maradona he was a barca failure despite his world record signing

by diving & acting like a complete prîck?
maradona has a world cup - a competition many pundits agreed he won single-handedly. that alone surpasses anything messi has achieved.

4 UCL titles? costacurta has 5 UCL titles and he's not better than kompany. grin

(1) (2) (3) ... (1732) (1733) (1734) (1735) (1736) (1737) (1738) ... (14157) (Reply)

Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021

Viewing this topic: 3 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 63
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.