Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,162,776 members, 7,851,641 topics. Date: Thursday, 06 June 2024 at 02:58 AM

Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion - European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) (19) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) / Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion (8841362 Views)

Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 / Manchester United Fan Thread: Premier League Champions 2010/11 / Manchester United Fan thread: Forever Reds (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (16) (17) (18) (19) (20) (21) (22) ... (14209) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by MrTA(m): 9:03am On Mar 09, 2012
ritchboy:

Even in the middle of Hernandez' 20 goal season, I was telling nuccahs creaming themselves over his mythological "unbelievable movement" he's crap and they wanted to chop me head off. . . I can spot a useless player from a mile away! grin grin grin

You can spot a terrible player a mile away because your team is full of them. its ok though. wink
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by MrTA(m): 9:06am On Mar 09, 2012
Its a great game of football though. Thanks to Bilbao for that. Very entertaining match.

Did you'all know that Fernando Llorente's full name is actually Fernando Llorente Torres? shocked shocked grin
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by coogar: 10:08am On Mar 09, 2012
dayokanu:

What was the position of Dortmund when they played Arsenal in November?

Answer on a Postcard

dortmund sodomised bayern munich @ allianz arena on saturday and the same dortmund team got r@ped by arsenal 3 days later. grin
does that not tell you bayern is below arsenal - or what other logistics do you need?

ritchboy:

Even in the middle of Hernandez' 20 goal season, I was telling nuccahs creaming themselves over his mythological "unbelievable movement" he's crap and they wanted to chop me head off. . . I can spot a useless player from a mile away! grin grin grin

he's better than any striker in arsenal since henry!
chicharito the goal king. let's compare his debut season to van persie's and get back to me.
he had a bad game yesterday but which player hasn't in his career.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Nobody: 10:33am On Mar 09, 2012
mbulela:

na today!!!
we are simply not good enough.
what permutation could have made any difference?
no need clutching at straws,we are just not good enough. the mediocrity of the league this season is hiding that truth.
Been saying this all season long.Glad someone echoes my sentiments
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by coogar: 10:43am On Mar 09, 2012
mbulela:

enough of the excuses.we just are not god enough. the utter mediocrity of the premiership this season has produced a league table that deludes some united fans to how poor we are. Even City are not anything spectacular most of the time this season.whatever formation,whatever line up,we would still have not been good enough. Well done to Biesla and his boys.

we are not poor, fergie's tinkering brain was the problem.
first and foremost, we didn't have the midfield to play 4-4-2 and it was worsened by ferguson playing a winger/defender in the midfield.
4-4-2's days are truly over. i look across europe and there's no big team in europe playing the 4-4-2. rooney can play as a false 9. . . .there's no real need for him to have a partner cos he's a hybrid striker.

we sacrifice a man in the midfield for attacking cutting edge when we have wingers who can score good goals - not clever!
secondly - the absence of michael carrick and rio ferdinand. what was fergie playing at breaking the partnership of evans and rio.
even after telling us on sunday the 2 now understand each other he still went ahead and played smalling and evans. . . .smalling could have started against west brom on sunday. i would have beaten bielsa's men with the same squad last night.

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by MrTA(m): 11:16am On Mar 09, 2012
Tinkering is only an issue because the squad isnt strong enough. Particularly in midfield. He has to tinker we know we're very lucky Rio is playing so many games and not getting injured yet ( *tocuhes wood*) so he needs to be rested when possible. After the spurs game and with West Brom coming he picked the Bilbao game to rest him and that was a good decision to me because the League is far more important than the Europa. Everyone and their dog knows we dont have the squad for more than one competition and that has to be the league.

Only positive is that Rooney is on a scoring burst so we should get some goals from him for the next 7-8 games.

Its still the midfield that is killing us, cause SAF doesnt know what he's doing there and its affecting other areas of the team.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by coogar: 11:25am On Mar 09, 2012
Mr_TA:

Tinkering is only an issue because the squad isnt strong enough. Particularly in midfield. He has to tinker we know we're very lucky Rio is playing so many games and not getting injured yet ( *tocuhes wood*) so he needs to be rested when possible. After the spurs game and with West Brom coming he picked the Bilbao game to rest him and that was a good decision to me because the League is far more important than the Europa. Everyone and their dog knows we dont have the squad for more than one competition and that has to be the league.

tinkering is what is killing the team in my opinion. did you see the team pep guardiola played this week against leverkusen?
barca had won the first leg 3-1 and yet guardiola lined up his strongest possible squad. this is europe - if there's a 1% weakness in the team, the opposition would take advantage of that 1%.

i actually think placing a game against west brom @ old trafford over europa league is misplacing one's priorities.
if ferguson does not want to take part in europa league anymore, he should have lined up ben amos, rafael, fabio, vermiji, michael keane, etc in the defence.
fergie rotates the team like a lunatic and yet it has not stopped the injuries and his tinkering has cost us points(remember the blackburn loss @ old trafford).
3 points in that game and we should be leading the table as we speak.

Only positive is that Rooney is on a scoring burst so we should get some goals from him for the next 7-8 games.
Its still the midfield that is killing us, cause SAF doesnt know what he's doing there and its affecting other areas of the team.

a team in transition should have a starting xi. if barcelona make the final of the champs league, i can easily predict their starting xi, same as real madrid.
with united, no one knows. fergie permutates and often goes on a piss-take when selecting. giggs/jones in the midfield? in europe against el loco known for tactical wizardry! fergie must be a complete  to think he could pull it off.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by MrTA(m): 11:30am On Mar 09, 2012
You say that, but another day we could have a striker who was in the mood to finish even his dinner and we would have won that games last night. It would have covered up glaring deficiencies but it has happened many times this season.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by coogar: 11:40am On Mar 09, 2012
Mr_TA:

You say that, but another day we could have a striker who was in the mood to finish even his dinner and we would have won that games last night. It would have covered up glaring deficiencies but it has happened many times this season.

but how did things get to this - we had a super-solid midfield in 2009.
even then, fergie was playing 4-3-3 in europe with ronaldo as the centre forward, rooney on the left, tevez/js park on the right.
why did fergie revert back to 4-4-2 in europe? an obsolete and outdated formation! we don't even have 2 fit midfielders who can play the formation.

it's time to bring carlos quieroz back. fergie is old school and he admitted he's not conversant with the modern methods as far as tactics are concerned.
i cannot blame him. i doubt fergie can use a tablet and this is where a competent number 2 should come in. mike phelan does nothing in the technical area.
the tool nearly broke fergie's knee last night. i hope he gets sacked.

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by MrTA(m): 11:46am On Mar 09, 2012
Phelan, grin What an idiot.

be wearing short nikka in -20 degrees is all he can do. proper wasteman!
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Emperoh(m): 11:48am On Mar 09, 2012
Tinkering is just one percent of the issue.
What of a Giggs that is fast loosing relevance and constantly being forced to be what he is not- a central midfielder
Did u guys see how many balls he lost?

What is this false belief int hese youngsters when game after game they keep showing their naivety?
What did berbatov do wrong to SAF? With such a defence as low as set up by Bilbao, Chicharito had no business on the pitch last nyte.

Over all, we set out this season realising this is a transition period for us.
Unfortunately, our competitors didn't show up for business this season giving us the false belief that we
are up to. . .i hope we can all see how EPL teams are being schooled in Europe.

We need to get our house in order. . . i even suggest we quit the Europa leage at this stage
SAF has nothing to prove. . . . i am sick and tired of all his experiments
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Emperoh(m): 11:52am On Mar 09, 2012
What were they doing with that electronic board?
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by MrTA(m): 11:54am On Mar 09, 2012
deciding Fergie time of course, what else? cool
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by montelik(m): 12:06pm On Mar 09, 2012
All d sad and concerned should join me in abstaining from watching europa . You can't imagine how refreshing it is  grin

I am sure many now see why I said I won't watch. Keep watching and you will just give yourself headache.  cool

As far as I am concerned we only have one competition left, d defense of our title. chikena.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Nobody: 1:05pm On Mar 09, 2012
montelik:

All d sad and concerned should join me in abstaining from watching europa . You can't imagine how refreshing it is grin

I am sure many know see why I said I won't watch. Keep watching and you will just give yourself headache. cool

As far as I am concerned we only have one competition left, d defense of our title. chikena.

So on point.
Fergie was never going to win the Europa Cup.Not with his selection,tactics and players.
By the way,the fella who scored Bilbao's third goal could be a useful addition to us. . .or is it just me?
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by MrTA(m): 1:40pm On Mar 09, 2012
Javi Martinez is the one i know has been linked and he certainly passed his audition.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by MrTA(m): 1:42pm On Mar 09, 2012
However, when asked to speak about the situation following tonight's 3-2 Europa League defeat by Athletic Bilbao at Old Trafford, Ferguson said he had been silenced.
"The Premier League has written to me asking me not to talk about the England manager's job," he said. "I don't know why."

Like I give a damn about England job. wetin concern you SAF? unless the England job is your retirement plan. angry
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by ritchboy(m): 2:11pm On Mar 09, 2012
Mr_TA:

You can spot a terrible player a mile away because your team is full of them. its ok though. wink

United have more than their fair share. . . Hernandez being the prime candidate cheesy

coogar:

he's better than any striker in arsenal since henry!
chicharito the goal king. let's compare his debut season to van persie's and get back to me.
he had a bad game yesterday but which player hasn't in his career.

Hernandez can't pass, can't dribble, can't shoot, can't hold up play, every United move breaks down as soon as the ball gets to Javier's feet, you might as well be playing with ten men. Zero technique, zero ball-control, zero first-touch, zero intelligence, zero football-brain, zero guile, the list is endless.

Chicharito is the worst striker in Europe bar none! grin grin grin
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by coogar: 2:31pm On Mar 09, 2012
ritchboy:

United have more than their fair share. . . Hernandez being the prime candidate cheesy

Hernandez can't pass, can't dribble, can't shoot, can't hold up play, every United move breaks down as soon as the ball gets to Javier's feet, you might as well be playing with ten men. Zero technique, zero ball-control, zero first-touch, zero intelligence, zero football-brain, zero guile, the list is endless.

Chicharito is the worst striker in Europe bar none! grin grin grin

chicharito pass completion rate: 82.7%
van persie pass completion rate: 77.9%

[img]http://www.abload.de/img/chico96kkb.gif[/img]

ritchboy, you are the worst pundit in africa!
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by ritchboy(m): 2:53pm On Mar 09, 2012
coogar:

chicharito pass completion rate: 82.7%
van persie pass completion rate: 77.9%

I can also bring out pass completion stats that tell you Denilson was once the best passer in the EPL. Those numbers can only impress the villagers in your hometown cheesy

[img]http://www.abload.de/img/chico96kkb.gif[/img]

Fluke.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by coogar: 3:02pm On Mar 09, 2012
ritchboy:

I can also bring out pass completion stats that tell you Denilson was once the best passer in the EPL. Those numbers can only impress the villagers in your hometown cheesy

denilson is a defensive midfielder.
van persie/chicharito are out n out strikers for their respective clubs - who do they pass to? their goalkeepers?
abeg, your analysis has no flavour. van persie loses the ball more than chicharito under pressure.

Fluke.

grin grin grin grin
for someone who has the worst first touch in the history of association?
you must be a louse!

[img]http://www.abload.de/img/hernandez3fj3.gif[/img]

cheiiiii, see movement - gary cahill royally sodomized. cool
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by chamotex(m): 3:26pm On Mar 09, 2012
Mr_TA:

Phelan, grin What an .

be wearing short nikka in -20 degrees is all he can do. proper wasteman!

Seriously that ish pisses me off every time. I just feel like slapping his shining bald head.
I'm not even sure Phelan has a coaching badge.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by chic2pimp(m): 4:36pm On Mar 09, 2012
Out of the window goes the theory only Barca and Real would survive in the Premier league.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Emperoh(m): 5:08pm On Mar 09, 2012
chic2pimp:

Out of the window goes the theory only Barca and Real would survive in the Premier league.

I guess u mean the top four?
Cos i don't think i have read anything in this regard here
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by mbulela: 5:21pm On Mar 09, 2012
chamotex:

Seriously that ish pisses me off every time. I just feel like slapping his shining bald head.
I'm not even sure Phelan has a coaching badge.
SAF just dey arrange job for the boys at the detriment of the team.
Phelan,Blackmore and McClair.
More than anything else, SAF needs a strong number 2,who is tactically aware (more than SAF) and whose views are respected by SAF.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by chamotex(m): 5:35pm On Mar 09, 2012
mbulela:

SAF just dey arrange job for the boys at the detriment of the team.
Phelan,Blackmore and McClair.
More than anything else, SAF needs a strong number 2,who is tactically aware (more than SAF) and whose views are respected by SAF.

Carlos Queiroz was that man.
Phelan doesn't know anything about tactics apart from setting up cones on the training pitch.

Pique did an interview recently where they asked him to compare his old manager (Fergie) and Pep and he said the difference is Fergie doesn't even come to the training ground sometimes and spends more time in his office - which can only mean his no2 (Phelan) was the one Fergie left to take control of training. Isn't this the road to disaster?
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by montelik(m): 7:10pm On Mar 09, 2012
D Phelan bashing has started. grin
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by chic2pimp(m): 7:11pm On Mar 09, 2012
Emperoh:

I guess u mean the top four?
Cos i don't think i have read anything in this regard here

Quite a number of  people on this forum have claimed other teams in La Liga won't make the top 6 let alone top 4.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by coogar: 8:34pm On Mar 09, 2012
chic2pimp:

i dunno how people make these horrible deductions based on a one-off result.
blackburn beat man utd at old trafford this season - are they in the top four?
does the fact that barcelona lost to osasuna now mean fulham would beat barca?

arrant nonsense!
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by adebayo201: 10:38pm On Mar 09, 2012
coogar:

i dunno how people make these horrible deductions based on a one-off result.
blackburn beat man utd at old trafford this season - are they in the top four?
does the fact that barcelona lost to osasuna now mean fulham would beat barca?

arrant nonsense!

i no fit sleep yester9t, pple just dey shout laligo beat man u OH! dATs only if we see frm d angle dat FERGie had been the chief orcestral of our lose all these while! embarassed undecided
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Nobody: 2:51am On Mar 10, 2012
chic2pimp:

Quite a number of  people on this forum have claimed other teams in La Liga won't make the top 6 let alone top 4.
Silly deduction at best.
Folks just wanna talk just for the sake that United lost.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by adebayo201: 6:21pm On Mar 10, 2012
StarBoard:

Silly deduction at best.
Folks just wanna talk just for the sake that United lost.
dont mind them! cool cool

(1) (2) (3) ... (16) (17) (18) (19) (20) (21) (22) ... (14209) (Reply)

Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 60
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.