Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,507 members, 7,830,518 topics. Date: Friday, 17 May 2024 at 01:01 AM

Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion - European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) (20) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) / Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion (8774878 Views)

Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 / Manchester United Fan Thread: Premier League Champions 2010/11 / Manchester United Fan thread: Forever Reds (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (17) (18) (19) (20) (21) (22) (23) ... (14174) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by duduspace(m): 7:13pm On Mar 10, 2012
chamotex:

Pique did an interview recently where they asked him to compare his old manager (Fergie) and Pep and he said the difference is Fergie doesn't even come to the training ground sometimes and spends more time in his office - which can only mean his no2 (Phelan) was the one Fergie left to take control of training. Isn't this the road to disaster?

Chamo the fickle. tongue
Fergie's modus operandi didn't matter when you were winning the league back to back but has suddenly become an issue because Bilbao flogged you at OT and Pique who left years ago has suddenly become an authority in current affairs at Carrington? grin
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by MrTA(m): 7:28pm On Mar 10, 2012
Tough match tomorrow. Really need the team to stand up for this one. I know SAF wont stand for any rubbish from the players but he better come correct aswell.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by chamotex(m): 8:58pm On Mar 10, 2012
duduspace:

Chamo the fickle. tongue
Fergie's modus operandi didn't matter when you were winning the league back to back but has suddenly become an issue because Bilbao flogged you at OT and Pique who left years ago has suddenly become an authority in current affairs at Carrington? grin

Hehe Mr Dudu, good to see you on here.
Phelan's bashing has nothing to do with the game. We bash him even when we win cos he adds zilch to our team.

You claim we WERE winning back to back league titles like that was in the past.
Last time I checked we ARE still the current champions and still in a good position to win it again this season. cheesy cheesy

P.S - We are still waiting for United's crumble o alagba tongue tongue
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by coogar: 9:30pm On Mar 10, 2012
chamotex:

P.S - We are still waiting for United's crumble o alagba tongue tongue

you would spend more years on the planet than methuselah if you wait for fufuface's prediction of united crumbling.
even mumuface has already admitted his thought process has been weak for almost half a decade now. . . .

we have been discussing the absence of carlos queiroz's tactical awareness for years here cos we know what he brings to the team.
when he was leaving, fergie actually said queiroz taught him some things he was never aware of and united's medical side of things improved while queiroz was here.

there's no way carlos quieroz would allow us play 4-4-2 in europe if he was still here.

from gary neville's autobiography. . . .

In Carlos the manager had found a coach whose knowledge (even if at times he bored us with his tactical talks) he could plunder and combine with his own natural aggression and boldness. There’s no doubt he was instrumental in helping us evolve as a team, becoming more sophisticated and patient in Europe.
He had us playing different formations, weaning us off our traditional 4–4–2.

Tactically he was excellent, but his day-to-day training could be very dry. Some days things would feel very bogged down in specifics, stopping the play to rerun one pass. Rene Meulensteen, the first-team coach in recent years, was much more into flowing training sessions, Steve McClaren too. Carlos was different from any coach I had at United and he’d be quite open that he didn’t want us playing small-sided games all the time. It was as if he didn’t want us having too much fun in the week so we’d be hungrier on Saturday.

After beating Roma, we were through to the semifinals to face Barcelona – and what a test this would be with the talents of Eto’o, Iniesta, Deco and Messi. Credit to Carlos. Beating Barcelona was his finest hour as the manager’s assistant. This was when his technical expertise, the way he’d taught us to be a more adaptable European side, paid dividends. For years, training had always been based around how we’d play, but this time Carlos was obsessive about stopping Barcelona.

We’d never seen such attention to detail. He put sit-up mats on the training pitch to mark exactly where he wanted our players to be to the nearest yard.
We rehearsed time and again, sometimes walking through the tactics slowly with the ball in our hands. The instructions were simple enough. Ronaldo up
front tying them up, Carlos Tevez dropping on to Yaya Touré every time he got the ball. Let their centre-halves have it. They couldn’t hurt us. With Ji-Sung Park and Rooney out wide, the full-backs had two hard-working wingers to help shackle Messi and Iniesta. But the really complex part was for Scholes and Carrick.

Carlos had worked out precise positions for each of them, depending on the other’s whereabouts. They’d have to pivot in tandem. It would require huge concentration but it was necessary to stop Deco and Xavi feeding the ball through to Eto’o. Barcelona were such a complex team to counter, and we had to close down all these potential lines of attack.

They were a better footballing team than us. Suffocation was a necessary tactic. The hope for the first leg in the Nou Camp was that Ronaldo could catch them on the break, but it didn’t work out that way after he missed an early penalty. Instead it was a defensive masterclass, orchestrated by Carlos.
The second in command can have a great effect on the team. The manager puts a huge amount of trust in his coaches. We learnt from Brian Kidd, from Steve McClaren, and from Carlos Queiroz.

We suffered in the periods when we didn’t have coaches of that calibre. Carlos could come over a bit dry at times, but we learnt to control games under him.
After a 0–0 draw in the Nou Camp, we came back toOld Trafford in good heart. The return was a nail-biter but then Scholesy hit a wonder goal into the top corner. A great strike from a great player at a vital moment. Sheer class. We’d stopped Barcelona from scoring in 180 minutes which very, very few teams have done over the last five years. And we were back in the European Cup final for the first time in nine years.

i am sure if we had carlos quieroz in the final of 09/11, the affair would have been tighter than it was.
we might have won 1 or 2 of those finals - we might have served a boring game to win but then who would remember such?
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Cristalz(f): 10:16pm On Mar 10, 2012
The man to watch out for tomorrow is my sweetheart Osaze, if he plays.
Sadly, I'm gonna have to be against him scoring. sad
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by chamotex(m): 10:25pm On Mar 10, 2012
@coogar

There are some managers that don't get involved in training or only have little involvement. Not saying Fergie doesn't.
But some managers just stand and watch training seeing who is performing or not and leave the assistant to handle training.
Some managers are better with managing players and are clueless about tactics.

Cristalz:

The man to watch out for tomorrow is my sweetheart Osaze, if he plays.
Sadly, I'm gonna have to be against him scoring. sad

If Fergie wakes up on the wrong side of the bed again, he would play Park and Giggs in CM.
Dont expect too much
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by coogar: 10:38pm On Mar 10, 2012
chamotex:

@coogar

There are some managers that don't get involved in training or only have little involvement. Not saying Fergie doesn't.
But some managers just stand and watch training seeing who is performing or not and leave the assistant to handle training.
Some managers are better with managing players and are clueless about tactics.

fergie is old school - that he's still relevant in the game after 25 yrs is a testament to his intelligence.
he shouldn't be in the job again. i doubt fergie can work with an ipad or ipod. the last time apple got a mp3 player as a gift, it was his great grandson that showed him how to use it. so i don't expect him to know much about modern methods/tactics - this is why he plays 4-4-2. his most trusted formation.

like what gary neville, fergie only focus on how his team would play - he does nothing to stop the opposition from playing.
this was why he lost to guardiola twice in the final. we did not man-mark messi or xavi cos fergie didn't care.
this is where an astute lieutenant should be by his side. carlos quieroz should be lured back to old trafford. mike phelan is a yes man!
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Emperoh(m): 1:15pm On Mar 11, 2012
When u read literature like the one above, u do start feeling SAF should even be sacked
When CQ left we still retained his tactics but when we suddenly dropped them and why, I don't know.

Maybe an assessment of time before now and now would help
But let's see how he pull through this one

BTW, where is CQ now?
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Emperoh(m): 1:17pm On Mar 11, 2012
Can someone as Seun to please change back to the previous format?
I know it doesn't belong to him and he is more likely to tweak and add more stuff to this but it looks drab
Some of of us will be wont to find our way round it but it's denied us the fun of reading and commenting

I believe there are better designs than this
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by afrodoc(m): 2:03pm On Mar 11, 2012
LOL
dis new design get as e be i no go lie,but mayb its just cos one is not yet used to it
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by afrodoc(m): 2:07pm On Mar 11, 2012
LOL
dis new design get as e be i no go lie,but mayb its just cos one is not yet used to it
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by afrodoc(m): 2:42pm On Mar 11, 2012
welbeck,chicharito and rooney to start together! likely means welbeck will start on d flanks with ashley young and rooney/chicharito partnership upfront.
no nani but we do hv giggs n cleverley on d bench.pogba in d squad,anderson out
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by chamotex(m): 2:58pm On Mar 11, 2012
What is this?
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by afrodoc(m): 3:06pm On Mar 11, 2012
me i no know o grin
lets siddon look
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by afrodoc(m): 3:07pm On Mar 11, 2012
me i no know o grin
lets siddon look
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by afrodoc(m): 3:30pm On Mar 11, 2012
wtf? scholes!
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Cristalz(f): 4:12pm On Mar 11, 2012
Osaze should have had a penalty. That was real stupid of Evra.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Cristalz(f): 4:29pm On Mar 11, 2012
2-0.
How many goals does Rooney have now? Lucky boi.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by chamotex(m): 4:32pm On Mar 11, 2012
Instead of Welbeck to be shooting he's doing skills inside the 6 yard box.

Fergie doesn't want Pogba to leave . . . he's giving him playing time grin grin
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by afrodoc(m): 4:33pm On Mar 11, 2012
me i no know o grin
lets siddon look
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by chamotex(m): 4:35pm On Mar 11, 2012
afrodoc: me i no know o grin
lets siddon look

Na the only thing wey u just dey talk since be that. dem hijack ur account ni grin
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by chamotex(m): 4:42pm On Mar 11, 2012
Rangel scores for Swansea
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Cristalz(f): 4:46pm On Mar 11, 2012
Swansea leading City by one goal. I just hope they can hold on to their lead.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Cristalz(f): 4:48pm On Mar 11, 2012
@Chamo
The goal was credited to Luke Moore.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Cristalz(f): 4:54pm On Mar 11, 2012
City lost. . .niceee grin Leapfrog!
Just wish their GD wasn't so high.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by chamotex(m): 4:54pm On Mar 11, 2012
Cristalz: @Chamo
The goal was credited to Luke Moore.

If they like let then credit it to Brendan Rodgers - they should just win that game o cheesy

Fans at OT singing "Champione Champione ole ole ole" cheesy cheesy grin
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by BasseyJ(m): 4:58pm On Mar 11, 2012
CITY LOST....YEAH**dancing azonto**
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by MrTA(m): 4:58pm On Mar 11, 2012
Top. Advantage united.

Come on! cool
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by aieromon(m): 5:03pm On Mar 11, 2012
Let's end the contest and show who the real Big Meech is
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Nobody: 5:05pm On Mar 11, 2012
This could be decisive though I'm still not impressed overall.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by montelik(m): 5:05pm On Mar 11, 2012
Yes. Now lets see how City handle d challenge to chase. Next up Wolves.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Nobody: 5:06pm On Mar 11, 2012
This could be decisive though I'm still not impressed overall.

(1) (2) (3) ... (17) (18) (19) (20) (21) (22) (23) ... (14174) (Reply)

Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021

Viewing this topic: 4 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 34
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.