Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,193,923 members, 7,952,710 topics. Date: Wednesday, 18 September 2024 at 10:05 PM

Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion - European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) (1847) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) / Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion (9153264 Views)

Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 / Manchester United Fan Thread: Premier League Champions 2010/11 / Manchester United Fan thread: Forever Reds (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (1844) (1845) (1846) (1847) (1848) (1849) (1850) ... (14372) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by coogar: 2:49pm On Jul 31, 2015
Odunharry:

Nice. .I love the way he organises his defense...I will prefer the former. .I think on the field training will make them learn faster..doubt athletico will release him

Rating in FIFA 15 is 84 ..which to me is quite impressive

otamendi is better than godin and miranda.
we should pay up and stop penny-pinching. rumour actually has it that LVG is pissed with the board for not getting the players he is asking for. this one is woodward's fault, not LVG.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Odunharry(m): 3:25pm On Jul 31, 2015
coogar:

we should pay up and stop penny-pinching. rumour actually has it that LVG is pissed with the board for not getting the players he is asking for. this one is woodward's fault, not LVG.
Don't know what the cause of the delay
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by ElFenomeno1: 3:28pm On Jul 31, 2015
coogar:

Woodward who was hailed as the messiah a few weeks ago! LOL
Rumours, and you are already faulting him? cheesy
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Odunharry(m): 3:30pm On Jul 31, 2015
elampiro:
31 Jul 2015 01:00:42

Suarez:
"I would like to retire at the club I love, Nacional," he said of his first professional club in an interview onESPN Deportes Radio. "But I also wantto return to Ajax someday."The MLS would not be a bad choice. Itcould happen one day. The US love of the game is growing a lot. People are filling the stadiums. "The Premier League is the best league in the world. But Barcelona are the best team."I do not consider myself one of the best players in the world but it is a pleasure to play in the best team."And we still have goals to fulfil. We want to become the first team to win consecutive Champions Leagues."We're very motivated this season. We are obliged to keep winning."Luis Enrique led Barca to a treble in his first season at the helm and Suarez says that the former midfield ace has an excellent working relationship with his players."The coach always makes the final decision but he is always open to our comments," the striker added. "I think we have to keep playing the same way next season."

- goal. com

From someone who has tasted both sides.

Lol. ..dk no go agree with you. ...
He will bring his own article too
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by parrotibaba(m): 6:32pm On Jul 31, 2015
According to Sky sports manutd r currently not in the market for a defender ...bum!

PSG is expected to complete the signing of ADM for a reported €65m(euros). Also he has been ducked 2 weeks salary for missing the preseason tour (not that it matters anyway). United are expected to log a bid for Pedro in the coming weeks(personally I prefer we go for Griezman)
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by elampiro(m): 7:10pm On Jul 31, 2015
Odunharry:

This is not an article. This is what the current world best striker from South America said about European Leagues.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by elampiro(m): 7:15pm On Jul 31, 2015
Football pundit Craig Burley believes Manchester United boss Louis van Gaal is making a huge mistake by deploying Daley Blind as a centre-back.

The former Chelsea midfielder went as far as to say that Van Gaal is on the verge of committing “footballsuicide” after confirming Blind will start in central defence against Tottenham on August 8.

"Blind as a left-sided centre-back is just football suicide. He’s too weak, he’s got no positional sense, he’s not very strong in the air and he will be outmuscled."

Blind played the majority of his matches in central midfield last season, before taking over from the injured Luke Shaw at left-back in the second half of the campaign. But due to Marcos Rojo’s recent passport issues, the 25-year-old will be tasked with stopping Tottenham’s Harry Kane in central defenceduring United’s Premier League opener.

[Source: Give Me Football]‪
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by elampiro(m): 7:20pm On Jul 31, 2015
Some of our fear. Let's see how it goes.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Leyqute(m): 7:25pm On Jul 31, 2015
Odunharry:

No mind dayokanu jare. He too like to dey form Mr. macho
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Odunharry(m): 7:48pm On Jul 31, 2015
elampiro:

This is not an article. This is what the current world best striker from South America said about European Leagues.
Raumdeuter
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by sinizia: 7:53pm On Jul 31, 2015
elampiro:
Some of our fear. Let's see how it goes.

Even a football rookie knows this is disaster that Gaal wants to commit. Blind as a LCB is the dumbest move I've seen in a long time.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by raumdeuter: 8:03pm On Jul 31, 2015
Odunharry:

Raumdeuter

UEFA who controls all the leagues says the premier league is the 3rd best in Europe and if they repeat last seasons shameful performance with Italians doing well, the EPL might fall to 4th

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by SIRcumalot: 8:15pm On Jul 31, 2015
raumdeuter:

UEFA who controls all the leagues says the premier league is the 3rd best in Europe and if they repeat last seasons shameful performance with Italians doing well, the EPL might fall to 4th

Na UEFA dey play the ball for field ?
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by lekkie073(m): 8:26pm On Jul 31, 2015
Manchester United are set to agree a move for Benfica star Nicolas Gaitan within hours, according to the Metro.

Believe at ur own risk
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by raumdeuter: 8:36pm On Jul 31, 2015
SIRcumalot:

Na UEFA dey play the ball for field ?

Na UEFA dey supervise football in all the leagues all over Europe and they see the performance and quality of the various leagues free from personal bias of individuals
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Debroslink: 8:41pm On Jul 31, 2015
raumdeuter:

Spanish league leads all the way. The gap in quality and recent success between La Liga and EPL is damn too wide.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Nobody: 8:42pm On Jul 31, 2015
raumdeuter:

How convinient. Seeing as the ranking start from 11/12 wen Barca and Bayern were the two top teams in the UCL. Wat abt 5,6 yrs ago wen English teams ruled Europe? C'mon even Middlesbrough and Fulham got to Europa finals in 05/06 and 09/10 seasons respectively. Abeg. That ranking na nonsense
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by SIRcumalot: 8:43pm On Jul 31, 2015
raumdeuter:

Na UEFA dey supervise football in all the leagues all over Europe and they see the performance and quality of the various leagues free from personal bias of individuals
Firstly I think that stat is based on UEFA and EUROPA perfomance.
Besides,
I'll take the opinion of the people kicking the ball over some suit crunching useless numbers.
Plus Suarez doesn't owe the EPL if anything he should hate the league that almost forced him to cannibalism.

1 Like

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by raumdeuter: 8:46pm On Jul 31, 2015
SIRcumalot:

Firstly I think that stat is based on UEFA and EUROPA perfomance.
Besides,
I'll take the opinion of the people kicking the ball over some suit crunching useless numbers.
Plus Suarez doesn't owe the EPL if anything he should hate the league that almost forced him to cannibalism.

Has Suarez played in the Bundesliga Has he played in Serie A or French league? How does he know those leagues are not better than the EPL
All the leagues are under UEFA
UEFA have stated that the top leagues are listed on their website as shown and if EPL continues its woeful performance they would fall to 4th and be given 3 CL spots

A class teacher has a better knowledge of her students than a parent. EVery parent or sibling would say na my brother sabi book pass for School
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by raumdeuter: 8:49pm On Jul 31, 2015
AdeLaNa1:
How convinient. Seeing as the ranking start from 11/12 wen Barca and Bayern were the two top teams in the UCL. Wat abt 5,6 yrs ago wen English teams ruled Europe? C'mon even Middlesbrough and Fulham got to Europa finals in 05/06 and 09/10 seasons respectively. Abeg. That ranking na nonsense

Why 5 or 6 yrs why not 15, 20 or 65yrs

WHy would the performance 6yrs ago count over performance in the past 5 seasons

6yrs ago Inter Milan, Man Utd are the top teams in EUrope, If anyone asks you who are the best teams currently, would a ranking starting recently be more accurate or one that accounts when Ronaldinho was playing

UEFA has listed it out. ANyone who doesnt like it can pull out of UEFA
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by SIRcumalot: 9:03pm On Jul 31, 2015
raumdeuter:

Has Suarez played in the Bundesliga Has he played in Serie A or French league? How does he know those leagues are not better than the EPL
All the leagues are under UEFA
UEFA have stated that the top leagues are listed on their website as shown and if EPL continues its woeful performance they would fall to 4th and be given 3 CL spots

A class teacher has a better knowledge of her students than a parent. EVery parent or sibling would say na my brother sabi book pass for School
That analogy doesn't work if the teacher has never been a student.
The two league that comes up in this discussion everytime is the EPL and the la liga,so we can forgive suarez,he also played in the eredivise you don't see him adding it to part of the discussion.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by raumdeuter: 9:09pm On Jul 31, 2015
SIRcumalot:

That analogy doesn't work if the teacher has never been a student.
The two league that comes up in this discussion everytime is the EPL and the la liga,so we can forgive suarez,he also played in the eredivise you don't see him adding it to part of the discussion.
Has Suarez played in all the leagues in Europe or what form of oversight does he have over other leagues?

The teacher supervise the students, UEFA supervise all EUropean leagues

The teacher organizes exams for the students, UEFA organizes competition for the leagues

The teacher knows which student consistently performs well, UEFA knows which leagues consistently perform well

The Teacher issues report cards, UEFA issues a ranking

The EPL only comes into discussion when its EPL fanboys that are talking. UEFA knows which league is top

2 Likes

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Nobody: 9:32pm On Jul 31, 2015
raumdeuter:

Why 5 or 6 yrs why not 15, 20 or 65yrs

WHy would the performance 6yrs ago count over performance in the past 5 seasons

6yrs ago Inter Milan, Man Utd are the top teams in EUrope, If anyone asks you who are the best teams currently, would a ranking starting recently be more accurate or one that accounts when Ronaldinho was playing

UEFA has listed it out. ANyone who doesnt like it can pull out of UEFA
Madrid are regarded the best team in Europe coz they've won 10 titles. Why not ignore their initial five trophies. After all na only dem dat time.
I'm not saying Epl should be 1st be dem deserve 2nd ahead of Bundesliga. U forget Bundesliga ve only produced 1 Ucl on d last 5 yrs. And na only Bayern dey carry Bundesliga for shoulder.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by SIRcumalot: 9:37pm On Jul 31, 2015
raumdeuter:

Has Suarez played in all the leagues in Europe or what form of oversight does he have over other leagues?

The teacher supervise the students, UEFA supervise all EUropean leagues

The teacher organizes exams for the students, UEFA organizes competition for the leagues

The teacher knows which student consistently performs well, UEFA knows which leagues consistently perform well

The Teacher issues report cards, UEFA issues a ranking

The EPL only comes into discussion when its EPL fanboys that are talking. UEFA knows which league is top
Suarez only offered his opinion based on the league he has played in.

Which UEFA is supervising the english league ?

The relationship between UEFA and the other league is largely autonomous,the UCL and the Europa is all they have in common if this was the European Cup now it will be a different tori.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Debroslink: 9:41pm On Jul 31, 2015
SIRcumalot:

The relationship between UEFA and the other league is largely autonomous,the UCL and the Europa is all they have in common if this was the European Cup now it will be a different tori.

What really is your point? Are you saying the ranking is not correct?
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Nobody: 10:02pm On Jul 31, 2015
My wifi has more bars than Meek Mill."

- Victor Wanyama
cry cry

1 Like

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by elampiro(m): 10:11pm On Jul 31, 2015
Make una leave Dayo. He dey deceive himself.

I am sure Dayo knows the EPL more than Bundesliga. Such is the allure of the EPL. It`s possible he knows even the Championship more than the Bundesliga. Ukwu!!! grin

Suarez is already missing the EPL. A league that when it wants to end in May, people will be crying. But Laliga and Bundesliga, people don tire since February.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by SIRcumalot: 10:19pm On Jul 31, 2015
Debroslink:

What really is your point? Are you saying the ranking is not correct?
That it at least doesn't tell the whole story and maybe we should listen to people who actually play football for a change and not the statistician.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by raumdeuter: 10:29pm On Jul 31, 2015
AdeLaNa1:
Madrid are regarded the best team in Europe coz they've won 10 titles. Why not ignore their initial five trophies. After all na only dem dat time.
I'm not saying Epl should be 1st be dem deserve 2nd ahead of Bundesliga. U forget Bundesliga ve only produced 1 Ucl on d last 5 yrs. And na only Bayern dey carry Bundesliga for shoulder.

Historically Madrid are regarded the best team and Milan the next best
Historically Notthingham forest is better than Chelsea and Aston Villa is better than Arsenal would you say the same based on current form

Currently Barcelona are the best team in Europe

How many CL has EPL produced in that time or how many finalists and who dey carry EPL for shoulders
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by raumdeuter: 10:32pm On Jul 31, 2015
SIRcumalot:

All Leagues in Europe are under UEFA

Suarez offered his opinion based on what he sees. Like they say everyone thinks his fathers farm is the biggest. But the governing body has settled all case EPL is 3rd in Europe
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by raumdeuter: 10:40pm On Jul 31, 2015
elampiro:
Make una leave Dayo. He dey deceive himself.

I am sure Dayo knows the EPL more than Bundesliga. Such is the allure of the EPL. It`s possible he knows even the Championship more than the Bundesliga. Ukwu!!! grin

Suarez is already missing the EPL. A league that when it wants to end in May, people will be crying. But Laliga and Bundesliga, people don tire since February.

Every knowlegable football fan knows about most league in Europe. My own focus is the Bundesliga.

Some people desire to watch quality footballers who are at the nominations when Ballon D or are announced, who are always the top performers at the world cup and Euro cup rather that substandard quality players that litter the EPL

I would rather watch Messi, Ronaldo, Neymar, Robben, Reus, Hummels, Griezman Muller, Ribery, Lewandoski etc than spend my time watching Jones, Rooney, Benteke, Lukaku, Ikedia-Hazard, Walcott, Kompany, Yaya Toure all those more power, less sense footballers
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by elampiro(m): 10:46pm On Jul 31, 2015
raumdeuter:

Every knowlegable football fan knows about most league in Europe. My own focus is the Bundesliga.

Some people desire to watch quality footballers who are at the nominations when Ballon D or are announced, who are always the top performers at the world cup and Euro cup rather that substandard quality players that litter the EPL

I would rather watch Messi, Ronaldo, Neymar, Robben, Reus, Hummels, Griezman Muller, Ribery, Lewandoski etc than spend my time watching Jones, Rooney, Benteke, Lukaku, Ikedia-Hazard, Walcott, Kompany, Yaya Toure all those more power, less sense footballers

The highlighted. How many clubs do these players play in?

I know you wouldnt mind watching Bayern play against ants and cockroaches week in week out.

The world gathers when Madrid plays Barca. After that, the party is over in Laliga.

(1) (2) (3) ... (1844) (1845) (1846) (1847) (1848) (1849) (1850) ... (14372) (Reply)

Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021

Viewing this topic: Englishisamust

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 77
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.