Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,747 members, 7,817,063 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 02:30 AM

Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion - European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) (2062) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) / Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion (8723113 Views)

Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 / Manchester United Fan Thread: Premier League Champions 2010/11 / Manchester United Fan thread: Forever Reds (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (2059) (2060) (2061) (2062) (2063) (2064) (2065) ... (14146) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by elampiro(m): 10:12am On Sep 04, 2015
But why this thread dey catch fire every day?
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by elampiro(m): 10:30am On Sep 04, 2015
Nihilist:

Mikel definitely knows far more than you do.

He's worked with different managers and played at the highest level.

Have you seen the tactical notebooks that professional footballers have to study?

Does your pause and rewind TV give you tactical information?

Do you understand the concept of a trigger in football? Does your TV explain to you how and when the backline decides to step up and play the offside trap?

Go and read Rafa Benitez's book 'Champions League Dreams'. The players spend up to a month studying deconstructed moves of their opponents.

A substitute is going on the pitch and the assistant manager is showing him 10 pages of laminated diagrams so he knows what he's doing.

If you dig about you will read about teams telling their centre backs to aim targeted long balls at opposing centrebacks and try to force an error, so their midfield can press high up and win the second ball.

If you think you can see all of this on a TV, you must be deluded.

And if you think your knowledge of the game is on par with Mikel, then your conceit has led to self-deceit.

It's only Smalling, Darmian, Zabeleta, Kompany, etc that can tell which winger /attacker they dare not leave behind to overlap. Which one the coach prepared them so much in training to be extra alert. Which one they had to be at their best when they play against him etc.

What Simon Cowell can see on live stage judging Xfactor talent, village drummer boy cannot see even if he had to rewind his TV replay a billion times.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by coogar: 10:46am On Sep 04, 2015
ElFenomeno1:

Coogar having a brain fart as always.....

you are a miserable sod!

Signed a striker of what quality? The top quality ones available were not going to be dished out by their respective clubs due to the dearth of like for like or better replacements in the market....

this is a lie.
the top quality ones were available....your manager is too stingy to pay the top dollar for an elite striker.

A team whose attacking midfielders have the capabilities to cushion the impact of not having another option in addition to the ones at the club....The options we have with out attacking players is enough to compliment Girouds wastefulness whenever he decides he cant be bothered.
So what should we have done? Go into FIFA 2015 and manufacture an elite striker? Are you a dunce?

what you wrote above is what i would expect from a roadside onion seller.
are you crazy? your attacking midfielders do not have any capability to cushion squat. have you ever wondered why your team has never been close to the league title or the champions league? mention one club that has won the league in the last 20 years without an elite striker and i will show you a dinosaur in oshodi market right now. what are your ambitions, scumbag? finishing top 4 and winning the FA cup or going for the title and at least getting to play one more UCL final? wenger needs to do more....i still cannot fathom why you are contented with making love to failure season after season. do you not have any decorum as a football fan?

How did we fare last season without another option? Where did we lose it and did we actually drop majority of our points because of not having another top option upfront? THINK you big dumdum!

you are a tool!
in this league, you cannot win a league title without an elite striker.
where would chelsea be last season without costa? city without aguero? united without RVP in fergie's last season? you really think your moronic manager can actually manage to win a league title without an established striker? did a demon monkey crap on your head as a child?

Name the elite strikers available in the world as we speak (let me even stretch your football knowledge a bit) and lets assess their availability and the potential replacements for them should Wenger have managed to snare one of them! .. I have discounted money as a criteria because it is not an issue!

benzema
lacazette
lewandowski
muller
etc were all available but as usual.....your disgraceful manager failed to do any business. no player is unavailable. every player has a price. even ronaldo and messi have a price tag. the question is - does your club have the ambition to make them go for these elite strikers? the answer is capital no! elfenomeno, you are a disgrace to football punditry.

1 Like

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by elampiro(m): 10:50am On Sep 04, 2015
parrotibaba:
You can't. Understand this, everybody that watches a game on TV can analyse the game but can u analyse it better than the coaches n players? that's where the argument started. By the way the answer to that question is no. You can't possibly see everything on TV, the instructions being dished out on the touchline by coaches or by the captains in the field of play. When the defenders decides to play the offside trap or when they decide to track back. Like Nihilist said, look at sky sports for example ,why do they hire ex players n coaches to analyse games instead of some one that watches games on TV alone? because they have seen it all, from the trainings to the match.

Only players can tell if the tactics was to use Phil Jones or Zouma or Tiote or Coquelin with the help of the right back to stop Hazard, Sanchez, Di Maria, Fellaini etc, and which of these attacking players was able to escape the baits set for him.

The coaches look at some players in opposition line up and say to the defenders "don't adventure forward today more than the center line except for set plays and be sure one fast player stays back during set plays"
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by sinizia: 10:51am On Sep 04, 2015
SailorXY:
there was a stage in Weah's career when he was absolutely unplayable - pace, pawa, technique all crammed into a dark skin. he was duly recognized, albeit he emerged from Liberia.

there are some comments you make & it's pure comedy! if Lampard once came second in WPOTY, so what? Fabio Canavaro won the award, how does he fare beside Maldini?

Some people are not meant to be debate with. You are wasting your energy and intelligence on someone trolling you.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by coogar: 10:53am On Sep 04, 2015
ElFenomeno1:
All season I have taunted scummies about DDG. I was sure he was done with ya all. grin grin grin

this is another evidence that elfeminine has no moral standing to speak on anything man utd. he's intellectually-sterile. grin

2 Likes

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by elampiro(m): 10:54am On Sep 04, 2015
SIRcumalot:

We don't see everything but we do so the important ones.
Even the coach can't see everything that is why they rely on video analysis.
Also as you know we don't have one camera following the ball their are other covering all part of the field.
We see the instructions and the hand signals we just can hear or understand them.
We can totally tell when a player beats the offside trap or a team is sitting deep or playing the highline.
If I don't understand this is because am coming from a fan perspective.

There are some clips available to the technical crew for tactical and training purposes that you and I will never get to see. May be after 5 or 10 years it's leaked out.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by ElFenomeno1: 11:00am On Sep 04, 2015
coogar:

benzema
lacazette
lewandowski
muller
etc were all available but as usual.....your disgraceful manager failed to do any business. no player is unavailable. every player has a price. even ronaldo and messi have a price tag. the question is - does your club have the ambition to make them go for these elite strikers? the answer is capital no! elfenomeno, you are a disgrace to football punditry.

I was waiting for you... Bonobo monkey!
This idio...t thinks Lacazette is an elite striker..... Give me one reason why I should take you serious?
Benzema wasn't going to be sold by Real Madrid..... Perez was baiting us but in reality they were not going to do business other than frustrate us!
Muller available? Are you insane?
Every player has a price, but what your weak brain cells fail to realise is that every club will not necessarily make a player available for business at any time, the timing and condition has to be right you dipstick!
If Ronaldo and Messi have a price tag, and your useless club is rolling in cash, why did your dimwit of a manager not go after them instead of trying to harass Sadio Mane and Bafetimbi Gomis? Ambitionless twerps!
Lacazette an elite striker, you are a monumental disgrace for that alone........Anyone else here agree with this car salesman about Lacazette being an elite striker? Ode ni e Coogar walahi!

2 Likes

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by ElFenomeno1: 11:02am On Sep 04, 2015
coogar:

this is another evidence that elfeminine has no moral standing to speak on anything man utd. he's intellectually-sterile. grin

Was he not done with ya'all? Yes or No.... If he wasn't he wont say yes to Real Madrid!
You lot delayed the transfer so it wont go through in good time and you are here spreading your rotten denture? grin
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by elampiro(m): 11:04am On Sep 04, 2015
Sometimes you watch a documentary or a DVD on 2006 world cup, you see there was a camera that followed Zidane or Cannavaro for 90 minutes of the semi final matches.

Don't be surprise Barca has a camera following CR7 every weekend.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by coogar: 11:05am On Sep 04, 2015
ElFenomeno1:

Was he not done with ya'all? Yes or No.... If he wasn't he wont say yes to Real Madrid!

he never said yes to real madrid.
throughout this transfer saga, de gea hasn't said a word to anyone. he's been more than professional. if you are believing the crap dailymail or skysports tell you then you are less intelligent than i once thought. bring out any article that directly quoted de gea in the last 3 years where he has said he wanted to play for madrid. if you cannot find one then you are a demon monkey.

You lot delayed the transfer so it wont go through in good time and you are here spreading your rotten denture? grin

idiota!
we delayed the transfer? yes.....we used voodoo to hold florentino's hands from july 1st to the last day of the transfer window. if they wanted him so badly, they should have tied up the transfer in the first week of july. like i said, intellectually, you are a midget!

1 Like

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by ElFenomeno1: 11:10am On Sep 04, 2015
coogar:

he never said yes to real madrid.
throughout this transfer saga, de gea hasn't said a word to anyone. he's been more than professional. if you are believing the crap dailymail or skysports tell you then you are less intelligent than i once thought. bring out any article that directly quoted de gea in the last 3 years where he has said he wanted to play for madrid. if you cannot find one then you are a demon monkey.
Bring me any proof to show he was desperate to stay at United.... Put up or shut your gob fam! grin
I am not a media luvvie, you should know by now!
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by ElFenomeno1: 11:13am On Sep 04, 2015
'Manchester United lack transfer experience' - Florentino Perez ( source : bbcsports ) grin grin grin
... Speaking about the collapse of the DDG transfer move.
Same thing happened to Coentrao and Herrera.... grin grin

Where is that doughball called Coogar..... On that Coentrao move, where the hell is Coentrao now? On loan to an average fu..cking side in Europe, yet MUFC couldn't get him!
You lot are a big fat joke... I read it took you lot about 8 hours to return the transfer documents, WTF ... If that is true, MUFC paper pushers are a bunch of incompetent vagabonds..... Let's see what your media folks have to say to the latest accusations!
From all indications, looks like MUFC deliberately held up the transfer....
MUFC ba ankali, walahi!!!!! grin grin grin
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by ElFenomeno1: 11:17am On Sep 04, 2015
elampiro:
Sometimes you watch a documentary or a DVD on 2006 world cup, you see there was a camera that followed Zidane or Cannavaro for 90 minutes of the semi final matches.

Don't be surprise Barca has a camera following CR7 every weekend.

He goes missing most of the time against Barca though.... I am a CR7 man and I want a ruthless and devastating showing all the time... I expect Ronaldo to single handedly decapitate Barca this season, with that shi..t defence of theirs!!
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by ElFenomeno1: 11:26am On Sep 04, 2015
They say in the world of mega money deals, some players are simply untouchable ... Sleep over that 'Ramdeuter and Coogar' tongue
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by elampiro(m): 11:28am On Sep 04, 2015
ElFenomeno1:

He goes missing most of the time against Barca though.... I am a CR7 man and I want a ruthless and devastating showing all the time... I expect Ronaldo to single handedly decapitate Barca this season, with that shi..t defence of theirs!!

He doesn't go missing. May be he didn't do too well against them last season but he bossed them two previous seasons. He did better than Messi in about 6 straight classicos.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by ElFenomeno1: 11:34am On Sep 04, 2015
elampiro:

He doesn't go missing. May be he didn't do too well against them last season but he bossed them two previous seasons. He did better than Messi in about 6 straight classicos.

You have to agree that Ronaldo can do more.... I am not sure how you assessed the previous two seasons, I just felt he didn't max out his capabilities!
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Mourinholic(m): 12:00pm On Sep 04, 2015
parrotibaba:
I no know where all this simpletons dey crawl out from. Even a caveman knows Henry sh!ts on drogba without flinching.
I wnt engage in that argument....
But when u said Drogba didn't win a spoon for his country and Henry has more career goals.....
Didn't u say Biggs>Lampard?
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by elampiro(m): 12:01pm On Sep 04, 2015
ElFenomeno1:

You have to agree that Ronaldo can do more.... I am not sure how you assessed the previous two seasons, I just felt he didn't max out his capabilities!

Those seasons he virtually was suspending in the air to score winning headers against Barca?
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by hensben(m): 12:12pm On Sep 04, 2015
RooRuudRonSaha:
you are a fool how many fa cup or epl did henry win wrt henry,thunder fire ur balls. Has henry ever scored in a ucl final ever did he win european player of the year award.recharge ur brains.idiot drogba
won african player of the year. Go and deceive people in ur village
square
Same Henry that was just a squad player in France 1998 WC win.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by RooRuudRonSaha(m): 12:16pm On Sep 04, 2015
parrotibaba:
You are the biggest f00l on NL. Has Drogba won a spoon for his country? Your brain must be filled with tissue paper since u can't even argue to save ur pathetic life. All this grade A coconut heads roaming around on NL should be locked up. A Thierry Henry that was won all there is to win internationally n dis pig is comparing him to Drogba. You need electroshock therapy since u can't think straight. See him shouting African best player like it can be compared to the big guns. Shey na the same award that yaya toure has swept away for four consecutive times without any challenge. Maybe we should also compare the Asian player of the year award winner of 2012, Lee Keun Ho to Henry also. Has drogba ever reached the top five of the Ballon d'or award nomination? Henry has if u don't know. My advice, go back n continue playing Ludo with ur village kids cos dats wat u do best. Didirin
your father wasted his sperm, henry won with his country no thanks to trezeguet and zidane, in 2002 when the onus fell on henry he crashed out without a single goal, you deserve to be shot for what you typed, didier scored more for his country, he is the king of wembley, tell me the important goals henry scored in final of competitions, he messed arsenal up against liverpool, messed arsenal up against barca, messed barca against man u if not for etoo and messi, drogba won the ucl for chelsea, drogba carried CIV for years, you are a useless human being, you are a lab rat.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by elampiro(m): 12:19pm On Sep 04, 2015
"I place discipline above all else and it might have cost us several titles.

"But if I had to repeat things I'd do it precisely the same because discipline has to come before anything else." - Sir Alex Ferguson http://www.skysports.com/football/news/11667/9978502/sir-alex-ferguson-does-not-regret-tough-man-utd-approach-despite-title-admission
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by elampiro(m): 12:24pm On Sep 04, 2015
4 September 2015 at 9:17am

Bayern rejected huge bid for Man United target

Bayern Munich president Karl-Heinz Rummenigge says the German club rejected a 'very high' bid for forward Thomas Muller over the summer.

Premier League side Manchester United were constantly linked with the striker, but Rummenigge would not confirm the identity of the club in question.

"I'm talking about figures which were very high indeed," he said. "If I were a bank manager then I would have had to accept it.

"But as a football club we allowed ourselves to close the door on it, and this door is remaining closed. I can promise that to everybody.

"But one thing is for certain, in view of the increased television money in England things are not going to get any easier for Bayern in future."http://www.itv.com/news/update/2015-09-04/bayern-rejected-huge-bid-for-man-united-target/
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by hensben(m): 12:26pm On Sep 04, 2015
parrotibaba:
You are the biggest f00l on NL. Has Drogba won a spoon for his country? Your brain must be filled with tissue paper since u can't even argue to save ur pathetic life. All this grade A coconut heads roaming around on NL should be locked up. A Thierry Henry that was won all there is to win internationally n dis pig is comparing him to Drogba. You need electroshock therapy since u can't think straight. See him shouting African best player like it can be compared to the big guns. Shey na the same award that yaya toure has swept away for four consecutive times without any challenge. Maybe we should also compare the Asian player of the year award winner of 2012, Lee Keun Ho to Henry also. Has drogba ever reached the top five of the Ballon d'or award nomination? Henry has if u don't know. My advice, go back n continue playing Ludo with ur village kids cos dats wat u do best. Didirin
You're the m0r0n here. Henry was a squad player in those tournament France won, he was less important compare to drogba who brought Ivory Coast to limelight, he scored tones of goals to qualify his country to their first WC appearance. I can see your inferiority complex and sentiment here; drogba is African from Ivory Coast, he played for Chelsea so can't be better than Henry. Drogba scored important goals in his career unlike Henry, he (drogba) made wembley his home ground. Henry that missed one on one against barca in UCL final, he ran to barca to win UCL.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by TheNonce: 12:31pm On Sep 04, 2015
cool

Abeg united fans should come and take a look at the potential style of play we should be expecting from our golden boy martial in a few weeks! Quite solid for a 19 year old!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Rups8obfpKI&app=desktop
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Mourinholic(m): 12:32pm On Sep 04, 2015
TheNonce:
cool

Abeg united fans should come and take a look at the potential style of play we should be expecting from our golden boy martial in a few weeks! Quite solid for a 19 year old!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Rups8obfpKI&app=desktop
'Our golden boy'
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by SIRcumalot: 12:53pm On Sep 04, 2015
hensben:
You're the m0r0n here. Henry was a squad player in those tournament France won, he was less important compare to drogba who brought Ivory Coast to limelight, he scored tones of goals to qualify his country to their first WC appearance. I can see your inferiority complex and sentiment here; drogba is African from Ivory Coast, he played for Chelsea so can't be better than Henry. Drogba scored important goals in his career unlike Henry, he (drogba) made wembley his home ground. Henry that missed one on one against barca in UCL final, he ran to barca to win UCL.
Men you're really serious about this drogba better than igwe business I think say na joke.
Okay if drogba is the sheeit why he no win AFC for ivory coast
Why was it after he left the team did they finally win the cup.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by TheNonce: 12:55pm On Sep 04, 2015
grin
Mourinholic:

'Our golden boy'

My friend are you a united fan? Wetin concern you with our tag for our new number 9? Come on go and watch videos of that congolese refugee look alike defender wey una hustle sign from nantes! dijilabala abi na amalabala sef be him name!
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by SIRcumalot: 12:59pm On Sep 04, 2015
elampiro:

There are some clips available to the technical crew for tactical and training purposes that you and I will never get to see. May be after 5 or 10 years it's leaked out.
But you don't deny that any bad positioning, or wrong call by the ref we that watch from the TV can tell through the magic of replay.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Zaha(m): 1:00pm On Sep 04, 2015
United Legends 4 Liverpool Legends 2 Manchester United's Legends overcame their Liverpool rivals 4-2 in Stockholm despite falling behind to a Vladimir Smicer goal. Karel Poborsky, Dwight Yorke, Bojan Djordjic and Jesper Blomqvist hit back to hand Bryan Robson's team a resounding lead with David Thompson replying late on. An open game from the outset thrilled the crowd at the Friends Arena with Patrik Berger twice close to drawing first blood with long-range strikes. The Merseysiders did break through when, after Yorke spurned an opening, a punch by Raimond van der Gouw was returned with interest by Smicer, who nodded into an empty net. It took United only four minutes to respond, with Poborsky accepting a return pass by Keith Gillespie and dinking over Jerzy Dudek from an angle for an exquisite goal. The woodwork denied Robbie Fowler following a delightful through ball by Luis Garcia before Yorke fired United ahead, capping a neat move involving Djordjic's pass and Lee Martin ducking under the ball to leave it to the striker. While Jason McAteer should have been booked long before getting yellow carded for a foul on Blomqvist, Fowler felt he should have had a penalty after being up-ended by Denis Irwin just before the break. The Reds' best spell came at the start of the second half with Irwin's free-kick forcing a brilliant save out of Sander Westerveld. The keeper blotted his copybook by misdirecting a throw to Djordjic and he accepted the gift to embroider his quality performance with the goal it deserved. After van der Gouw stood firm under some pressure, Yorke had a goal harshly ruled out for offside after more sloppy defending but it mattered little when Blomqvist sprung the offside trap to race after Yorke's pass and he danced around Westerveld before fizzing the ball home.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Zaha(m): 1:01pm On Sep 04, 2015
With half an hour still to play, United rang the changes but should have added a fifth when Clayton Blackmore pounced on a slip by Westerveld but arrowed his shot narrowly wide of an open goal from distance. As the game became increasingly fractious, Ian Rush came on to add more potency to Liverpool's attack and they clawed one back when Garcia's volley picked out Thompson racing in at the far post to slam into the net. Both sides managed to keep their cool despite some tired legs and late tackles as the match lived up to expectations and it will have raised vital funds for both clubs' Foundations. United: Van der Gouw (Pilkington 69); Martin, Johnsen, Robson (Beardsmore 69), Irwin (Thomas 82); Gillespie, Poborsky, Fortune, Djordjic (Yorke 84), Blomqvist (Thornley 61); Yorke (Blackmore 61, Blomqvist 76). Liverpool: Dudek (Westerveld 46); Kvarme (McAteer 87), Henchoz (Diao 46), Babb; McAteer (Partridge 65), Garcia, Hamann, Berger, Harkness (Thompson 46); Smicer (Rush 70), Fowler.

(1) (2) (3) ... (2059) (2060) (2061) (2062) (2063) (2064) (2065) ... (14146) (Reply)

Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021

Viewing this topic: 4 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 88
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.