Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,715 members, 7,816,947 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 08:51 PM

Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion - European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) (2067) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) / Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion (8721639 Views)

Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 / Manchester United Fan Thread: Premier League Champions 2010/11 / Manchester United Fan thread: Forever Reds (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (2064) (2065) (2066) (2067) (2068) (2069) (2070) ... (14146) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by elampiro(m): 2:03pm On Sep 05, 2015
chrisley024:
they actually made no bid for the above 3 so I wouldn't say they're serious or they knew it wouldn't be accepted.

What is the essence of making a bid when verbal negotiation doesn't give room for a bid?
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Spy360(m): 2:07pm On Sep 05, 2015
Man Utd was also after Benzema- Goal.

So Arsenal fans aren't the only clowns around.

Clowns United.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by dopeJemi: 2:10pm On Sep 05, 2015
elampiro:

What is the essence of making a bid when verbal negotiation doesn't give Rooney for a bid?

What?

1 Like

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Spy360(m): 2:18pm On Sep 05, 2015
UniqueGem:
Remove Rooney from that line up and let Martial lead the attack then put young on the wing. Rooney has more work to do on the bench than on the pitch.
Chai hype na bad arsse o!

So Martial is now better than Rooney? Wonderz shall never end.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by chrisley024(m): 2:19pm On Sep 05, 2015
dopeJemi:

What?
cheesy Rooney don do him strong thing grin
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by UniqueGem(m): 2:32pm On Sep 05, 2015
Spy360:
Chai hype na bad arsse o!

So Martial is now better than Rooney? Wonderz shall never end.
where did you see the emboldened?

2 Likes

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by SailorXY: 2:58pm On Sep 05, 2015
Spy360:
So Arsenal fans aren't the only clowns around.Clowns United.
Who wouldn't be pressed to share his burden of grief cheesy cheesy I certainly will in your position smiley

2 Likes

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by patrickmuf(m): 3:01pm On Sep 05, 2015
UniqueGem:
The first mistake LVG might make with Martial is playing him out of position. That plan should be cancelled immediately because when he plays 2 matches out of position and doesn't score. The media will heap so much pressure on him that he'll also become scared of shooting when he eventually plays the 9 role.
Martial looks more effective as a LWF he's not a CF... Best we should hope for is one of him/Depay should do well as the RWF in our team so that Mata can finally play behind the striker
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by sinizia: 3:04pm On Sep 05, 2015
Spy360:

Clowns United.

Man Utd was never after Benzema. Don't believe every TN you read just to console yourself after being insulted and called a clown.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Nobody: 3:09pm On Sep 05, 2015
Spy360:

Clowns United.

Man Utd are the bigger clown. They weren't only interested in Bale, Benzema, Varane, Ramos but also interested in top players from top teams outside England. They are big time jokers
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Dadehmola: 3:50pm On Sep 05, 2015
SailorXY:
Are you suggesting we've dropped any point because of Depay's decision making? Even you don't believe that statement. There are enough new entries in the first team & it is normal for it to take some time wrt chemistry.

In as much as I agree with the bolded part, I'd rather say that he has been a figure-head so far...

I'm aware of the fact that new players would need some time to blend & adapt. The issue is that during this "adaptation period", there's a minimum performance index expected from any player that joins a big club & for me, the lad hasn't exactly shown that he has the potential to attain whatever high standards that warranted his purchase in the 1st place.

SailorXY:

We've had our fair share of achievements over the years to be patient AS LONG AS the route or pattern is discerning to the board & fans.

The sooner we abandon the "we are still trying to adjust to the post- fergie era" mentality, the better for us....

We are spending millions on transfer fees & wages primarily to win trophies & regain our status as a top -top club in Europe. Spending over £60m on two "kids" who apparently won't make any significant contribution to our lofty ambitions anytime soon sounds weird but we can only watch, hope & pray for a miracle.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by coogar: 4:04pm On Sep 05, 2015
RooRuudRonSaha:
i am done debating this, henry isnt greater than king didier who played till the age of 38 in europe unlike henry that fled europe at a younger age than didier.

henry is 5000000 times better than drogba!
i never liked the prick when he was at arsenal but he was a beast! who even compares henry to drogba apart from renties who only started watching football in 2012.

thierry henry to drogba?
was there anything he didn't do in the premier league? christ.....he's a goal machine and the kinda goals he scored were out of this world. drogba is a beast and a game changer but there's no way he's better than henry at any point of drogba's career.

1 Like

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by dopeJemi: 4:57pm On Sep 05, 2015
chrisley024:
cheesy Rooney don do him strong thing grin

grin grin grin
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by SailorXY: 5:12pm On Sep 05, 2015
Dadehmola:
In as much as I agree with the bolded part, I'd rather say that he has been a figure-head so far...

I'm aware of the fact that new players would need some time to blend & adapt. The issue is that during this "adaptation period", there's a minimum performance index expected from any player that joins a big club & for me, the lad hasn't exactly shown that he has the potential to attain whatever high standards that warranted his purchase in the 1st place.
that's certainly because we have sky-high expectations from him but not every player start their EPL career guns-blazing. Some start that way & fade away {Anderson & Nani}.
My thoughts are that these early lapses would have been neatly buried if our settled forwards are doing their thing. Mata, Rooney, Hernandez have missed some funny opportunities which have given rise to these bare-ass scrutiny; but if you ask me, Depay has kept his head just afloat & the best part is that he can only get better.

The sooner we abandon the "we are still trying to adjust to the post- fergie era" mentality, the better for us....

We are spending millions on transfer fees & wages primarily to win trophies & regain our status as a top -top club in Europe. Spending over £60m on two "kids" who apparently won't make any significant contribution to our lofty ambitions anytime soon sounds weird but we can only watch, hope & pray for a miracle.
this rebuilding process is something that MUST be done whether we like it or not & it will take time. Of course there will be the odd trophy here & there but for sustained success overtime, LvG is bringing in the right age bracket. Let's not forget that he was in for Muller & some other established stars to get a proper mix but it's dependent on the selling club. The bid for Muller got turned down & Reus was deemed exorbitant {which I agree with}. We definitely know Martial was not Plan A but let's see. I can't seriously be judging a player without giving him a fair shot!

2 Likes

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by parrotibaba(m): 5:17pm On Sep 05, 2015
Wayne Rooney equals Sir Bobby Charlton's record with a penalty goal.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by SIRcumalot: 5:23pm On Sep 05, 2015
I love reus, but that guy is always injured. He just picked up another injury training for germany.
@sailorXY are we rebuilding again I thought we did that last season.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by SailorXY: 5:31pm On Sep 05, 2015
SIRcumalot:
I love reus, but that guy is always injured.
He just picked up another injury training for germany.

@sailorXY are we rebuilding again I thought we did that last season.
shey na here many fans dey complain say make we clear out the deadwood by the end of last season?
Check the ins & out na, there's no better definition to the term "rebuilding".
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by elampiro(m): 5:31pm On Sep 05, 2015
dopeJemi:

What?

I was going to ask what is the essence of making a bid when there is no verbal agreement on ground.

That was a typo error.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by elampiro(m): 5:33pm On Sep 05, 2015
elampiro:

What is the essence of making a bid when verbal negotiation doesn't give room for a bid?

Modified.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by elampiro(m): 5:36pm On Sep 05, 2015
coogar:

i never liked the prick when he was at arsenal but he was a beast! who even compares henry to drogba apart from renties who only started watching football in 2012.

thierry henry to drogba?
was there anything he didn't do in the premier league? christ.....he's a goal machine and the kinda goals he scored were out of this world. drogba is a beast and a game changer but there's no way he's better than henry at any point of drogba's career.

I was always for Henry a zillion times better. But that last post by the guy behind this new moniker almost made me changed my mind.

Drogba has scored in virtually every final. Na Jaz? He is such a lucky guy on final days. I remember 2007 FA Cup final, we did very thing but only one moment of lost consecration and Drogba scored.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by SIRcumalot: 5:41pm On Sep 05, 2015
SailorXY:
shey na here many fans dey complain say make we clear out the deadwood by the end of last season?
Check the ins & out na, there's no better definition to the term "rebuilding".
Okay last season na the Transition phase,
This whole rebuilding thing just look like a built in excuse in case we shite d bed.
My own thought is simple,
LVG don gamble our season on Memphis and Martial from monaco.
If we perform better than last season we'll call him a genius if we don't the fans will crucify him.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Joeace3000(m): 5:43pm On Sep 05, 2015
36min: Most of England's play is now coming down the left and through the lively Luke Shaw whose crosses have been the Three Lion's most dangerous weapon (referee aside.)
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by SIRcumalot: 5:44pm On Sep 05, 2015
elampiro:

I was always for Henry a zillion times better. But that last post by the guy behind this new moniker almost made me changed my mind.

Drogba has scored in virtually every final. Na Jaz? He is such a lucky guy on final days. I remember 2007 FA Cup final, we did very thing but only one moment of lost consecration and Drogba scored.
Aside from Platini and zidane who else is the GOAT in france ?
Those guys plan na to drive parrotibaba crazy ?
Even drogba won't speak such foolishness.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by elampiro(m): 5:51pm On Sep 05, 2015
SIRcumalot:

I always prefer a player like Henry to a 'porter' like Drogba. Henry's ability to take on one or two defenders before he slots in made me liked him.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Dadehmola: 6:02pm On Sep 05, 2015
SailorXY:
that's certainly because we have sky-high expectations from him but not every player start their EPL career guns-blazing. Some start that way & fade away {Anderson & Nani}.

Like I said earlier...

Dademola:

Considering our ambitions this season, the Room for improvement you talked about must be balanced with the player's immediate contribution to the team. You yourself don talk am on numerous occasions say we need winger wey better pass them young, januzaj etc. I've never rated ashley young but with the lacklustre & uninspiring performances I have seen from Depay so far, Young seems to be a "world class" winger at the club & this even negates the purpose of the purchase in the 1st place.

SailorXY:

[b]this rebuilding process is something that MUST be done whether we like it or not & it will take time. Of course there will be the odd trophy here & there

In the last 18 months, the club has spent £230m- £250m on transfers alone. For me, this kinda money isn't "we are building for the future" kinda money. This is 2015 - heavy spending is done with the intention of getting immediate results. It's even a shame we can't even send jitters down the spines of opponents & be seen as title contenders despite spending this much.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by hensben(m): 6:32pm On Sep 05, 2015
SIRcumalot:

so Henry is next after those two right? I laugh at your ignorance.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by hensben(m): 6:36pm On Sep 05, 2015
elampiro:

Such a lucky guy on final days? Nothing wey person nor go hear. Una dey do una sentiment openly, you guys don't even know how to be bias.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by SIRcumalot: 6:37pm On Sep 05, 2015
hensben:
so Henry is next after those two right? I laugh at your ignorance.
Please educate me.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by hensben(m): 6:39pm On Sep 05, 2015
coogar:

thierry henry to drogba?
Henry is 500000 times better than drogba? So drogba wasn't a beast right? Lol you guys don't even know how to be bias, you do it openly and I ask were is your football knowledge. #pathetic
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by hensben(m): 6:54pm On Sep 05, 2015
SIRcumalot:

Please educate me.
check just Fontaine, Raymond kopa and host of others who were important players for France than Henry.
Read what they wrote about thiery Henry;

Thierry Henry's international career will probably always be remembered for that handball to prevent Ireland from reaching this summer's World Cup, but if that is the case it is a great shame, as a truly remarkable career would be forgotten.

With 119 caps, Henry is the second most capped French player in history, with a chance to increase his tally even further in South Africa. He already holds the French goalscoring record with 51, ten goals clear of second place Michel Platini.

Henry was part of the both 1998 World Cup and Euro 2000 winning sides as well as helping France to the Confederations Cup trophy in 2003 and the World Cup final in 2006.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by SIRcumalot: 7:30pm On Sep 05, 2015
hensben:
check just Fontaine, Raymond kopa and host of others who were important players for France than Henry.
Read what they wrote about thiery Henry;

Thierry Henry's international career will probably always be remembered for that handball to prevent Ireland from reaching this summer's World Cup, but if that is the case it is a great shame, as a truly remarkable career would be forgotten.

With 119 caps, Henry is the second most capped French player in history, with a chance to increase his tally even further in South Africa. He already holds the French goalscoring record with 51, ten goals clear of second place Michel Platini.

Henry was part of the both 1998 World Cup and Euro 2000 winning sides as well as helping France to the Confederations Cup trophy in 2003 and the World Cup final in 2006.

Yeah Like you know who those guys are before today.
Can't do this again tonite If you think drogba is better no problemo.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by elampiro(m): 7:36pm On Sep 05, 2015
hensben:
Such a lucky guy on final days? Nothing wey person nor go hear. Una dey do una sentiment openly, you guys don't even know how to be bias.

When I supported Hazard I was not biased.

I am not doing that your United vs Chelsea fight. I just say my mind and that's all.

Abeg shift.

(1) (2) (3) ... (2064) (2065) (2066) (2067) (2068) (2069) (2070) ... (14146) (Reply)

Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021

Viewing this topic: 7 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 67
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.