Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,635 members, 7,827,355 topics. Date: Tuesday, 14 May 2024 at 10:58 AM

Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion - European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) (2658) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) / Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion (8766131 Views)

Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 / Manchester United Fan Thread: Premier League Champions 2010/11 / Manchester United Fan thread: Forever Reds (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (2655) (2656) (2657) (2658) (2659) (2660) (2661) ... (14167) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by raumdeuter: 5:05pm On Feb 12, 2016
Dadehmola:
Nah - Elampiro is telling us that Suarez isnt as good as the likes of Bale, Ibra & Benzema atm and he is using stats to backup his argument..

or how else do we interprete his response to Sircumalot's assertion??

Elampiro also had these to say...

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

For the umpteenth time, who is currently the better CF ; Suarez or Benzema?

No need for explanations - just give us a name!!

He is saying Suarez isnt as good as Benz based on the stats shown

How do you determine the better CF without stats

If I say Rooney is the best striker I am sure the next thing you would bring forth is the same stats you are saying doesnt matter to prove Suarez is better than Rooney

2 Likes

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Dadehmola: 5:09pm On Feb 12, 2016
elampiro:

You are really not intelligent.

Martial has more substitutes than Rooney. In 2006-2008 Ronaldo had many substitutions for Manchester United because SAF preserved him once we were safe with two or there goals lead.

David Moyes substituted Rooney once we were two goals ahead, to preserve him when he was the only fit striker.

Bros, this analogy doesnt cut it here....

Unlike Ronaldo and Rooney (in the afforementioned seasons), Benzema isnt the most important foward at madrid ( he doesnt even come close).

Benzema (just like Ozil at Madrid) fades out towards the end of games, hence his inability to complete 90 mins in many games.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by raumdeuter: 5:12pm On Feb 12, 2016
SIRcumalot:

but without context stat is empty.
lukaku ticks all the box's of what I desire in a striker but If I needed a goal to save my life i know who i am calling.
my point is you can totally do this without playing the bias card but you won't though because you already know the answer.
same as any soccer lover.
what am hearing from you and elampiro is without football analytics you can't make a choice on what is what .I wonder how you got along before all this stats enter soccer.

Without stats most analysis are pure biased statement

I know many people who only like strikers that are skillful, they would rather have a skillful striker who scores 8 per season vs an unskillful striker who scores 20

I know many friends who would argue till date that Nistelrooy or Inzaghi isnt a good striker because they prefer strikers who can dribble.

Some prefer strikers who rise up to the occasion, the prefer one who would deliver against Arsenal Chelsea even if its 6 goals a season than someone who scored 20 goals vs Sunderland West Ham and Charlton

Some prefer strikers who can nod and has a physical presence to them Chicharito isnt a striker, rather Lucatoni is

Some players just run around forming activity while their productivity is nill.

E.g If you see Ozil you would think he is the laziest player ever and why is he even a footballer?, you would see Oscar/Hazard running around and think Hazard is delivering until you check their stats and see the that someone has just been occupying space for nothing "Forming activity"

Stats is the most unbiased metrics to measure

2 Likes

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Dadehmola: 5:16pm On Feb 12, 2016
raumdeuter:

He is saying Suarez isnt as good as Benz based on the stats shown

How do you determine the better CF without stats

If I say Rooney is the best striker I am sure the next thing you would bring forth is the same stats you are saying doesnt matter to prove Suarez is better than Rooney

Ohhhhhhhhh! Lawd!!

I say i no want story, abi na by force?? angry

Benzema and Suarez - who is the better CF ??
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by airmark(m): 5:17pm On Feb 12, 2016
Dadehmola:

Bros, this analogy doesnt cut it here....

Unlike Ronaldo and Rooney (in the afforementioned seasons), Benzema isnt the most important foward at madrid ( he doesnt even come close).

Benzema (just like Ozil at Madrid) fades out towards the end of games, hence his inability to complete 90 mins in many games.

It's obvious elampiro and raumdeuter dont watch la liga. They watch whoscored (pun intended)

dopeJemi:

I saw the image, suarez may be a better striker than benzema but the stat you provided is saying the opposite, forget who came first, look at it critically and you'll understand why

No one can predict benzema will score 4 goals against valencia because suarez scored it. In fact he only scored 1 against them. We make use of what we have to judge and suarez takes it. If benzema cant complete 90 mins cos of fitness, that shouyld not be suarez fault. However, if you fault the rating by whoscored then we are saying the same thing that a whoscored.com that rated rooney as motm is not credible.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by raumdeuter: 5:20pm On Feb 12, 2016
Dadehmola:

Ohhhhhhhhh! Lawd!!

I say i no want story, abi na by force?? angry

Benzema and Suarez - who is the better CF ??

None Higuain is better
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Dadehmola: 5:28pm On Feb 12, 2016
raumdeuter:

None Higuain is better

i get it - you dont want to say something that would be used against you sooner rather than later cheesy grin

It's all good
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by raumdeuter: 5:30pm On Feb 12, 2016
Dadehmola:

i get it - you dont want to say something that would be used against you sooner rather than later cheesy grin

It's all good

How do you judge the better striker without stats?

Any evaluation without stats to backup is purely a biased eye-test
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by airmark(m): 5:34pm On Feb 12, 2016
raumdeuter:

Was higuain in the options given to you to pick from? If elampiro thinks you are on his side, he must be very stvpid.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by raumdeuter: 5:37pm On Feb 12, 2016
airmark:

Was higuain in the options given to you to pick from? If elampiro thinks you are on his side, he must be very stvpid.

Its only insecure adults who reason like teenage girls that care about who is on their side on a web forum

I am sure elamps doesnt care about having anyone on his side which he has proven here several times neither do I care about anyone on my side

I only care about logic and common sense
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Nobody: 5:39pm On Feb 12, 2016
raumdeuter:

Without stats most analysis are pure biased statement

I know many people who only like strikers that are skillful, they would rather have a skillful striker who scores 8 per season vs an unskillful striker who scores 20

I know many friends who would argue till date that Nistelrooy or Inzaghi isnt a good striker because they prefer strikers who can dribble.

Some prefer strikers who rise up to the occasion, the prefer one who would deliver against Arsenal Chelsea even if its 6 goals a season than someone who scored 20 goals vs Sunderland West Ham and Charlton

Some prefer strikers who can nod and has a physical presence to them Chicharito isnt a striker, rather Lucatoni is

Some players just run around forming activity while their productivity is nill.

E.g If you see Ozil you would think he is the laziest player ever and why is he even a footballer?, you would see Oscar/Hazard running around and think Hazard is delivering until you check their stats and see the that someone has just been occupying space for nothing "Forming activity"

Stats is the most unbiased metrics to measure

That Ozil looks very lazy oo angry .. but when i check match ratings and assist, he's among the highest rated... how ....
Hazard dey play like ' i beta pass my neighbor' gen .... but when you check ratings, e go b as if say the analysts no even watch match at all grin grin ... GGMU forever!!
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by raumdeuter: 5:45pm On Feb 12, 2016
GloryIsaac:

That Ozil looks very lazy oo angry .. but when i check match ratings and assist, he's among the highest rated... how ....
Hazard dey play like ' i beta pass my neighbor' gen .... but when you check ratings, e go b as if say the analysts no even watch match at all grin grin ... GGMU forever!!

Yes oo. Without stats most people would say Ozil ke? that lazy player? How is a professional footballer sef? I am sure I can play better than him

Whereas some player go dey play like "pepper grinding machine" causing the ground to shake without doing anything. "All motion no movement"
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Dadehmola: 5:57pm On Feb 12, 2016
raumdeuter:

raumdeuter:

As a 9 Suarez in another generation(90's) might not be rated as the best but we can only compare him to what he has to face and he is undisputedly the best 9 in the world

Dayo, you made this statement on the Barca thread in December. ..

What has changed? ? grin grin

3 Likes

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by raumdeuter: 6:04pm On Feb 12, 2016
Dadehmola:
Dayo, you made this statement on the Barca thread in December. ..

What has changed? ? grin grin

What has changed? benzema has scored 9 league goals after December

Suarez has scored 5 league goals after December

Yet you are asking what has changed. Is it not obvious what has changed?

1 Like

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by airmark(m): 6:06pm On Feb 12, 2016
raumdeuter:

Yes oo. Without stats most people would say Ozil ke? that lazy player? How is a professional footballer sef? I am sure I can play better than him

Whereas some player go dey play like "pepper grinding machine" causing the ground to shake without doing anything. "All motion no movement"

No technical expert will downplay ozil's performances. A striker who mostly sit in box 6 for taps in and succeed may get good stats especially playing for real against minnows, but will be exposed in tougher matches. Present Benzema is an example. He has lost pace which makes the likes of suarez better than him especially in big matches against top defenders . We know who delivered when their two teams met last time.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Dadehmola: 6:06pm On Feb 12, 2016
raumdeuter:

What has changed? benzema has scored 9 league goals after December

Suarez has scored 5 league goals after December

Yet you are asking what has changed. Is it not obvious what has changed?

Ohkay..

Does it now mean Benzema is undisputedly the best CF in the world?? grin grin
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by raumdeuter: 6:09pm On Feb 12, 2016
Dadehmola:

Ohkay..

You would need stats of other strikers to made that determination
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by raumdeuter: 6:16pm On Feb 12, 2016
airmark:

No technical expert will downplay ozil's performances. A striker who mostly sit in box 6 for taps in and succeed may get good stats especially playing for real against minnows, but will be exposed in tougher matches. Present Benzema is an example. He has lost pace which makes the likes of suarez better than him especially in big matches against top defenders . We know who delivered when their two teams met last time.

What would a technical expert use if not stats to know Ozil is working on the field? Google "Ozil Lazy" and see the number of response you see from many people

Go anywhere now and ask who works harder in a game Ozil, Willian, ramirez or Sanchez. I can guarantee you many would say Ozil is the laziest

Because the eye test suggests so. But with stats we know its a big lie
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by chrisley024(m): 6:16pm On Feb 12, 2016
So Jones has picked up another injury. The lad is doing nothing here and collecting free weekly pay.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by airmark(m): 6:18pm On Feb 12, 2016
raumdeuter:

Its only insecure adults who reason like teenage girls that care about who is on their side on a web forum

I am sure elamps doesnt care about having anyone on his side which he has proven here several times neither do I care about anyone on my side

I only care about logic and common sense

You did nt even reason like a teenage girl, it is more like an animal's. How can one explain what brought higuain into you picking from suarez and benzema who is better?. It further shows how fake you are.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by SIRcumalot: 6:18pm On Feb 12, 2016
raumdeuter:

You would need stats of other strikers to made that determination
did you carefully consider the stats from all the major league before making that earlier statement ?
@dadehmola great find.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by raumdeuter: 6:26pm On Feb 12, 2016
SIRcumalot:

did you carefully consider the stats from all the major league before making that earlier statement ?
@dadehmola great find.

How many strikers have scored more goals than Suarez by the time I made the statement
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by raumdeuter: 6:29pm On Feb 12, 2016
airmark:

You did nt even reason like a teenage girl, it is more like an animal's. How can one explain what brought higuain into you picking from suarez and benzema who is better?. It further shows how fake you are.

See no one has liked or supported your argument. Is it not time to start crying since thats the essence of your online posts. To gather more posters on your side

Please posters gather on airmark's side dont break his fragile heart and ego
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by SIRcumalot: 6:35pm On Feb 12, 2016
raumdeuter:

How many strikers have scored more goals than Suarez by the time I made the statement
you would know
again if I check the goal/minutes ratio or the 90metrics whatever are you sure it won't uncover another striker that was actually better than Suarez within that time frame ?
I think we should check with squakwa and who score before making such bold claims.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Nobody: 6:36pm On Feb 12, 2016
raumdeuter:

Stats dey clear doubt instantly but we no dey gree on top say we love the player grin grin ... Mourinho!! angry, just free Mata abeg embarassed , no just try sell am oo embarassed
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by airmark(m): 6:43pm On Feb 12, 2016
raumdeuter:

What would a technical expert use if not stats to know Ozil is working on the field? Google "Ozil Lazy" and see the number of response you see from many people

Go anywhere now and ask who works harder in a game Ozil, Willian, ramirez or Sanchez. I can guarantee you many would say Ozil is the laziest

Because the eye test suggests so. But with stats we know its a big lie

When you are trying to compare ozil and willian thats DOA . No expert does that as they dont play the same role. That's why i laugh when you argue stvpidly. Now experts don't look only at stats as they most times mislead. Based on stats you may not realise benzema has lost pace and takes on ability until you watch him play. Experts will not rate him on number of goals scored, they will ask questions how he fared against the likes of barcelona, athletico madrid, malaga , villareal and co. What about his fitness level? If he tires out quickly then points are deducted. All these are used to rate players but you hardly see it on your whoscored. Experts are not like you who rate a central back as the best in the world because he knows how to play long passes to striker.

SIRcumalot:

@dadehmola great find.

Raumdeuter in trouble. cheesy cheesy cheesy
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by raumdeuter: 6:45pm On Feb 12, 2016
SIRcumalot:

you would know
again if I check the goal/minutes ratio or the 90metrics whatever are you sure it won't uncover another striker that was actually better than Suarez within that time frame ?
I think we should check with squakwa and who score before making such bold claims.

You can check and show the other striker better than Suarez in that time
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Nobody: 6:45pm On Feb 12, 2016
Dadehmola:

Ohkay..

I dont like saying this embarassed ... but Messi is the best CF in the world .. embarassed
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by raumdeuter: 6:50pm On Feb 12, 2016
airmark:

When you are trying to compare ozil and willian thats DOA . No expert does that as they dont play the same role. That's why i laugh when you argue. Now experts don't look only at stats as they most times mislead. Based on stats you may not realise benzema has lost pace and takes on ability until you watch him play. Experts will not rate him on number of goals scored, they will ask questions how he fared against the likes of barcelona, athletico madrid, malaga , villareal and co. What about his fitness level? If he tires out quickly then points are deducted. All these are used to rate players but you hardly see it on your whoscored.

Raumdeuter in trouble. cheesy cheesy cheesy

You are not making sense. Whoever thinks pace or take on is the metric to measure strikers?

Please post pictures. I dey beg you
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by bigkesh(m): 7:01pm On Feb 12, 2016
JigsawKillah:

You sure you're not on the wrong thread?
I realised I was but was too busy
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by airmark(m): 7:02pm On Feb 12, 2016
raumdeuter:

You are not making sense. Whoever thinks pace or take on is the metric to measure strikers?
Please post pictures. I dey beg you

You wont understand why pace is needed as a striker, in fact in modern day soccer all players need pace. I am not suprised you dont know this. That is why pacy and intelligent defenders will always pocket benzema. Since you are not into technical aspect of football, you will not know how important it is to be a pacy striker.

raumdeuter:

You can check and show the other striker better than Suarez in that time

Higuain had more goals that time. but as usual you mischievously stated suarez was best 9.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by raumdeuter: 7:06pm On Feb 12, 2016
airmark:
You wont understand why pace is needed as a striker, in fact in modern day soccer all players need pace. I am not suprised you dont know this. That is why pacy and intelligent defenders will always pocket benzema. Since you are not into technical aspect of football, you will not know how important it is to be a pacy striker.

How much pace does Zlatan have?

Higuain had more goals that time. but as usual you mischievously stated suarez was best 9.

As at December 30 How many goals did Suarez have and how many goals did Higuain have

Like I said post pictures

(1) (2) (3) ... (2655) (2656) (2657) (2658) (2659) (2660) (2661) ... (14167) (Reply)

Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021

Viewing this topic: VicThory(m), Ijustwantto and 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 73
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.