Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,017 members, 7,818,009 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 03:46 AM

Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion - European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) (2657) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) / Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion (8729485 Views)

Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 / Manchester United Fan Thread: Premier League Champions 2010/11 / Manchester United Fan thread: Forever Reds (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (2654) (2655) (2656) (2657) (2658) (2659) (2660) ... (14147) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by elampiro(m): 11:38am On Feb 12, 2016
airmark:

What makes a striker gets substituted than the other ? You don't substitute a performing player every now and then. This is even enough to let you know you are getting it all wrong. Should we blame Suarez for benzema not having enough game time ? You can play two games and have two goals that does nt mean you are better than a player with 6 in 8. Depay was the highest goal scorer in Dutch league but wjnaldum was chosen deservedly as the best player in Dutch league. Your whoscored rates Suarez as a better striker to benzema why can't you just keep it mute.

You are really not intelligent.

Martial has more substitutes than Rooney. In 2006-2008 Ronaldo had many substitutions for Manchester United because SAF preserved him once we were safe with two or there goals lead.

David Moyes substituted Rooney once we were two goals ahead, to preserve him when he was the only fit striker.

1 Like

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by elampiro(m): 11:40am On Feb 12, 2016
SIRcumalot:

I just copy what I saw from the other page
and I don't understand why I should pick something that strength your opinion and weakens mine if anything this prove my original point that you can use stats in a manner that suit you.
vardy probably has better numbers than aguero nobody go say vardy na the better player.
you want to go on believing Benzema and IBRA dey better than suarez is alright by me.
Then you shouldn't even be a football analyst to begin with.

In players comparison, stats per minutes played is used. Not total. The length of minutes played must be matched with goals scored.

1 Like

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by ChristineC: 12:03pm On Feb 12, 2016
I see some things don't change around here cheesy cheesy ride on Sirs cool
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Caveatemptor(m): 12:12pm On Feb 12, 2016
patrickmuf:
I'm not one to criticize a coach for his approach to the game, I saw mou's Madrid play great footie so i don't get you point to be honest...
FYI i'd be cool with mou as our next boss

Mourinhos Madrid,Porto,Inter and Chelsea teams played exqusite attacking footy against the lesser teams. It was only against their rivals for the title that Mourinho tended to park the bus and hope for goals ftom counter attacks.
Mourinho is not my favourite person but he is the practical solution to Uniteds failure to win trophies since Sir Alex retired.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by raumdeuter: 1:44pm On Feb 12, 2016
SIRcumalot:

I just copy what I saw from the other page
and I don't understand why I should pick something that strength your opinion and weakens mine if anything this prove my original point that you can use stats in a manner that suit you.
vardy probably has better numbers than aguero nobody go say vardy na the better player.
you want to go on believing Benzema and IBRA dey better than suarez is alright by me.

Sorry but this is a weak response.

Per minute is the best way to compare players not totals

A player who scored 10 goals in 30 games and one who scored 9 goals in 9 games. Who's a better finisher?

1 Like

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by elampiro(m): 2:04pm On Feb 12, 2016
MIXED NEWS FOR UNITED'S INJURED PLAYERS

Manchester United boss Louis van Gaal is likely to be without three players who were on Under-21 duty on Monday when naming his squad to face Sunderland this weekend.

Phil Jones, Guillermo Varela and Adnan Januzaj all picked up knocks during the second string's 7-0 win over Norwich City at Old Trafford. Although Bastian Schweinsteiger is still sidelined, there is more encouraging news on Marcos Rojo and Antonio Valencia following their operations.

"It's not looking good because I also let my players play in the second team and various players were injured again," the manager told MUTV at the Aon Training Complex on Friday afternoon. "They're not very nasty injuries but I still have to give them time to recover.

"It is a big pity because Jones is a very good central defender and we are missing him and also Marcos Rojo for a long time already.
"I cannot say Bastian is returning within two weeks because I have given him, more or less, a little holiday as he also has to change his mindset. It's good for players. I have done that also with Antonio Valencia, Marcos Rojo and Luke Shaw, for example, when you are injured for longer than normal.

"The light at the end of the tunnel is more for Rojo and for Valencia. They are coming back and I hope it's as soon as possible."

The Reds are unbeaten in 13 league visits to the Stadium of Light and will close the gap on the Barclays Premier League top four with victory ahead of Sunday's schedule, when Arsenal face Leicester City and Manchester City take on Tottenham Hotspur.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by elampiro(m): 2:06pm On Feb 12, 2016
I am tired of these unending injuries. How did Jones get injured again? Did he not play 90 mins? Or is it the same injury reoccurring? When he played for the junior team, report says it was so clear he is a senior player. Now, he is gone to hospital again.

Gaal doesn't look bother that the injured players cant return.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Odunharry(m): 2:30pm On Feb 12, 2016
grin calamity Jones..
Jones = injuries
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by SIRcumalot: 2:33pm On Feb 12, 2016
elampiro:

Then you shouldn't even be a football analyst to begin with.

In players comparison, stats per minutes played is used. Not total. The length of minutes played must be matched with goals scored.
first of all, am a fan not a football analyst,
and if your reasoning na say posting football stats makes you an expert for soccer have got a bridge to sell you.
the only reason why you're banging on this length of minute played is simply because it support your claim.
again am surprised that this even an argument.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by SIRcumalot: 2:49pm On Feb 12, 2016
raumdeuter:

A player who scored 10 goals in 30 games and one who scored 9 goals in 9 games. Who's a better finisher?
it breaks my heart that you think that
the 2nd player is better but as am sure you know ,you just don't take that number and ignore so many other things
maybe you can put an end to this talk
Suarez , benzema who you go take ?
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by raumdeuter: 3:36pm On Feb 12, 2016
SIRcumalot:

it breaks my heart that you think that
the 2nd player is better but as am sure you know ,you just don't take that number and ignore so many other things
maybe you can put an end to this talk
Suarez , benzema who you go take ?

I'm sorry I broke your heart.

This is not a matter of who I go take its who is statistically better in the time frame considered

Last weekend Diego Costa scored more goals than Messi that is the fact. If the team of last weekend was selected, Costa would likely make it ahead of Messi

But asking who would I take between Messi and Costa? Is not the equivalent

Aubameyang has scored more league goals than Messi doesnt mean he is better. Vardy has scored more goals than Aguero doesnt mean Vardy is a better player
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Dadehmola: 3:41pm On Feb 12, 2016
raumdeuter:

This is not a matter of who I go take its who is statistically better in the time frame considered

Last weekend Diego Costa scored more goals than Messi that is the fact. If the team of last weekend was selected, Costa would likely make it ahead of Messi

Aubameyang has scored more league goals than Messi doesnt mean he is better. Vardy has scored more goals than Aguero doesnt mean Vardy is a better player

Who is the better CF and who would you rather have in your team?

Answer the simple question(s)
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by lekkie073(m): 3:58pm On Feb 12, 2016
Dadehmola:

Raum is wise enuf to know dat his answer will likely pitch him on an argument journey with elamps.....
Two tortoises cool cool
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by raumdeuter: 4:00pm On Feb 12, 2016
Dadehmola:

That has nothing to do with the question. Who I would rather have has more to do with sentiments.

Messi has less World cup goals than Muller, If I am to assemble a world cup team tomorrow and have to pick only one of them, I would still pick Messi

Elampiro simply showed with stats that Benzema had better stats than Suarez in the time frame and if stats was used to judge Benzema would get in before Suarez
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by lekkie073(m): 4:05pm On Feb 12, 2016
raumdeuter:

Player A: 6 goals in a match and 4 goals in 7 subsequent matches
Player B: one goal each in 8 consecutive matches...

Who is better
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by raumdeuter: 4:12pm On Feb 12, 2016
lekkie073:

Player A: 6 goals in a match and 4 goals in 7 subsequent matches
Player B: one goal each in 8 consecutive matches...

Who is better

Player A : 10 goals in 8 matches

Player B : 8 goals in 8 matches

Player A is better

If this was a tournament, who would have been the golden boot winner
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by bigkesh(m): 4:17pm On Feb 12, 2016
"Adam Johnson is the new Ryan Giggs"- Mancini, 2010.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by lekkie073(m): 4:21pm On Feb 12, 2016
raumdeuter:

Player A : 10 goals in 8 matches

Player B : 8 goals in 8 matches

Player A is better
But some pundits will still go for player B due to his stats of consistency
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by airmark(m): 4:22pm On Feb 12, 2016
elampiro:

You are really not intelligent.

Martial has more substitutes than Rooney. In 2006-2008 Ronaldo had many substitutions for Manchester United because SAF preserved him once we were safe with two or there goals lead.

David Moyes substituted Rooney once we were two goals ahead, to preserve him when he was the only fit striker.

Lol, mumu it's obvious you did nt watch real madrid matches. Galacticos will tell you benzema's peak period is always from 0 to 75 minutes on the pitch. His performance wears terribly as match wears out. If you doubt it, out of all his la liga goals he scored in 2nd half i think twice especially in a vallecano match that we scored 10 goals, he scored in > 75th minutes. He becomes sluggish as soon as 90 minutes beckons and this is a fact. This is one of the reasons Suarez does nt get substituted . He keeps it mostly 100 till 90 th minute. There must be a reason for benzema playing 90 minutes against malaga, villareal and barcelona and could nt score a goal. These are the matches he was well tested and failed to perform. Against sociedad he was bundled out in the dying minutes when he was not scoring, so i dont know where you got those silly reasons for being substituted because of safe leads. Rooney not getting more substitutions than martial is known to every muniru and suberu as bad decisions by lvg which only a senseless man utd fan will praise. Using that as a point shows how irresponsible you could be.

1 Like

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by bigkesh(m): 4:23pm On Feb 12, 2016
Diego Costa to wear a mask!??

We are building a Zorro team

Did we sign a deal or something??
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by SIRcumalot: 4:29pm On Feb 12, 2016
raumdeuter:

it is totally a matter of who you would take.
if I was going to be anal about the whole talk I would simply ask why benzema has played less games for real Madrid or can't finish games I guess fitness is not a factor since squawka or who score never quantify am e no matter
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by JigsawKillah(m): 4:30pm On Feb 12, 2016
bigkesh:
Diego Costa to wear a mask!??

We are building a Zorro team

Did we sign a deal or something??

You sure you're not on the wrong thread?
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by dopeJemi: 4:32pm On Feb 12, 2016
airmark:

What makes a striker gets substituted than the other ? You don't substitute a performing player every now and then. This is even enough to let you know you are getting it all wrong. Should we blame Suarez for benzema not having enough game time ? You can play two games and have two goals that does nt mean you are better than a player with 6 in 8. Depay was the highest goal scorer in Dutch league but wjnaldum was chosen deservedly as the best player in Dutch league. Your whoscored rates Suarez as a better striker to benzema why can't you just keep it mute.

To be honest, this stat hasn't really justified your claim

Benzema shi.ts on Suarez if we are to go by this stat and also look into some other factors
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by airmark(m): 4:37pm On Feb 12, 2016
dopeJemi:

Benzema shi.ts on Suarez if we are to go by this stat and also look into some other factors

whoscored and squawka dont see it that way even with stats. They agree suarez >>>>>>>>>>>>benzema

Both in quality and age suarez > benzema . Dont tell me you did nt see image below. Benzema in barca team will be worse than ibra was .

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by raumdeuter: 4:39pm On Feb 12, 2016
SIRcumalot:

it is totally a matter of who you would take.
if I was going to be anal about the whole talk I would simply ask why benzema has played less games for real Madrid or can't finish games I guess fitness is not a factor since squawka or who score never quantify am e no matter

Who you would take depends on many factors not necesarily based on stats. I might like a different type of striker. Some people prefer strikers for different reasons

I might like Suarez because of his aggression which leads defenders to make mistakes,
I might like Benzema because he is less aggresive and less likely to get carded while also,
I might prefer Lewndoski because he would simply finish without any fuss and better in the air than others,
I might prefer Zlatan because of the stylish and classy goals he scores more than others
Some might even prefer Chicharito because of his positioning and finishing while others might hate him because he doesnt contribute to play

Stats is the only factor thats devoid of sentiments and measures purely numbers You can argue that if Benzema plays as much minutes, he wont score in those additional minute but thats simply a speculation which is not fact
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by raumdeuter: 4:40pm On Feb 12, 2016
dopeJemi:

Lol airmark isnt that intelligent

he would himself provide evidence to nail him

Why would anyone show totals when their number of minutes isnt the same
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by dopeJemi: 4:50pm On Feb 12, 2016
airmark:

whoscored and squawka dont see it that way even with stats. They agree suarez >>>>>>>>>>>>benzema

Both in quality and age suarez > benzema . Dont tell me you did nt see image below

I saw the image, suarez may be a better striker than benzema but the stat you provided is saying the opposite, forget who came first, look at it critically and you'll understand why
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by airmark(m): 4:53pm On Feb 12, 2016
raumdeuter:

They asked you who you would like in your team between the two , you were talking about sentiment. Are you afraid of elamps or you are just being irresponsible? No sane coach will prefer benzema to Suarez if they both go for the same price. No one will think about it twice despite Suarez being older.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by dopeJemi: 4:55pm On Feb 12, 2016
raumdeuter:

I dunno buh shouldn't someone with 17 appearances, 19 goals 1 assist and 1345mins played be considered better than someone with 20 goals, 6 assists, 21 appearance and 1890mins played?
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Dadehmola: 4:56pm On Feb 12, 2016
raumdeuter:

That has nothing to do with the question. Who I would rather have has more to do with sentiments.

Messi has less World cup goals than Muller, If I am to assemble a world cup team tomorrow and have to pick only one of them, I would still pick Messi

Elampiro simply showed with stats that Benzema had better stats than Suarez in the time frame and if stats was used to judge Benzema would get in before Suarez

Nah - Elampiro is telling us that Suarez isnt as good as the likes of Bale, Ibra & Benzema atm and he is using stats to backup his argument..

Sircumalot:

Suarez is the undisputed best striker at the moment.

Elampiro:

Mr man, stats are facts. Ibrahimovic has more league goals and Assist than Suarez at the moment. Bale is ahead too on minutes played.

or how else do we interprete his response to Sircumalot's assertion??

Elampiro also had these to say...
Elampiro:

At Liverpool, he was very good because he was the hunter and finisher, but I still doubt if he would have gotten into the Ballon d'or ahead of M. Neuer who had a marvelous world cup.

Elampiro:

Bale and Ibrahimovic >>>> Suarez (in goals, Assists, dribbling, chances created)

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

For the umpteenth time, who is currently the better CF ; Suarez or Benzema?

No need for explanations - just give us a name!!

1 Like

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by SIRcumalot: 4:57pm On Feb 12, 2016
raumdeuter:

Who you would take depends on many factors not necesarily based on stats. I might like a different type of striker.
I might like Suarez because of his aggression which leads defenders to make mistakes,
I might like Benzema because he is less aggresive and less to get carded while also,
I might prefer Lewndoski because he would simply finish without any fuss and better in the air than others,
I might prefer Zlatan because of the stylish and classy goals he scores more than others

Stats is the only factor thats devoid of sentiments and measures purely numbers
but without context stat is empty.
lukaku ticks all the box's of what I desire in a striker but If I needed a goal to save my life i know who i am calling.
my point is you can totally do this without playing the bias card but you won't though because you already know the answer.
same as any soccer lover.
what am hearing from you and elampiro is without football analytics you can't make a choice on what is what .I wonder how you got along before all this stats enter soccer.

2 Likes

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by raumdeuter: 5:01pm On Feb 12, 2016
airmark:

They asked you who you would like in your team between the two , you were talking about sentiment. Are you afraid of elamps or you are just being irresponsible? No sane coach will prefer benzema to Suarez if they both go for the same price. No one will think about it twice despite Suarez being older.

Who is better is a person judgment thing and different people would choose different strikers, the only thing sacred is the fact and the stats which shows Benz has better stats than Suarez given the minutes played

Like I said post pictures which is your strong point and dont try to get into words because 10 times out of 10 you would lose

(1) (2) (3) ... (2654) (2655) (2656) (2657) (2658) (2659) (2660) ... (14147) (Reply)

Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021

Viewing this topic: 5 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 74
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.