Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,739 members, 7,955,814 topics. Date: Sunday, 22 September 2024 at 04:01 PM

Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion - European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) (2838) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) / Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion (9162082 Views)

Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 / Manchester United Fan Thread: Premier League Champions 2010/11 / Manchester United Fan thread: Forever Reds (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (2835) (2836) (2837) (2838) (2839) (2840) (2841) ... (14379) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Nobody: 1:36am On May 01, 2016
3 points today is not impossible. But e go hard gan. It all depends on LVG's lineup and approach to the game.

But knowing LVG, he might just pick today of all days to experiment again. So dont be surprised if u see 3-5-2 with Carrick and Fellaini in the middle grin grin
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Odunharry(m): 1:45am On May 01, 2016
David DE Gae is United player of the month

1 Like

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by dubylhover(m): 6:14am On May 01, 2016
Eastbay:

That might be possible, but I'm not sure monetary compensation is a problem for United.
On the basis of results, he could and should have been fired long ago.

I'm just going with my thoughts because it won't take anything to replace him with a Mourinho waiting in the wings.

His FA cup run may have also been his saving grace. But then again we are just speculating and trying to figure out what's going on behind the scenes.

yea..you're right also..we are just speculating..but I seriously can't endure one more season with that clown in charge oo
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by sinizia: 6:51am On May 01, 2016
Kagawa10:

Lol!
I actually think Schneiderlin should be a cover for Kante in the box-box role. We need someone better than Schneiderlin in the holding role.

The Renato I've watched 4 times is not even better than Kante or Schneiderlin even at the holding role. The only advantage he's got is his young nature which makes him more faster. If we are looking for a holding DM, then Blind is far better than Renato. But the traditional work of a DM is a defensive one not a controlling one. DMs like Veira, Makele, Roy Keane etc are more renowned for their breaking up of play and snapping into tackles than their controlling role. My main issue is the price tag on this nigga. If he flops, our enemies will mock us. It'll be another waste of money. He'll come with a huge price tag and that means more pressure to justify his purchase.

But Kante will come cheap, with wealth of experience and less pressure. If he flops too, he can be readily be forgiven than a £40M+ signing.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Nobody: 6:58am On May 01, 2016
dubylhover:

yea..you're right also..we are just speculating..but I seriously can't endure one more season with that clown in charge oo
I guess it's safe to say you speak for majority of us on the last part.

He's been a disappointment.
You look at his previous sides and mirror them with United.
Very pale in comparison.

He appears lost and overwhelmed with the task. He isn't sure of the spine of his side. His signings have been mostly flops.

So many disenchanting things about him. Even the youth integration we are talking about was forced on him.

2 Likes

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Nobody: 7:01am On May 01, 2016
AdeLaNa1:
3 points today is not impossible. But e go hard gan. It all depends on LVG's lineup and approach to the game.

But knowing LVG, he might just pick today of all days to experiment again. So dont be surprised if u see 3-5-2 with Carrick and Fellaini in the middle grin grin

Knowing Leicester city as a classic counter attacking side, it isn't hard to figure that we are playing into their hands.
We can't defend the counter since we are set up to just pass and pass.
It's actually advantage Foxes in my view.

1 Like

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by sinizia: 7:02am On May 01, 2016
GBR1:

I think i just got you now. You were refering to how many games relativer the actual league time table for games and my figure was for United relative to westham.

I don't really know the exact feeling of the board regards him but i know he has lost the fans already and that's what should really matter i hope. Finishing 3rd and even the FA club is not enough for me, he must still go.

What matters most is for LvG to be gone is the board not the fans. If the fans wail from now till next year, and the board refuses to sack him, he's going no where. That's why I was kind of wishing he doesn't win the FA cup and make the top-4 just so he can be sacked. If he succeeds in both, LvG is going no where.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Nobody: 7:03am On May 01, 2016
Double post
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Nobody: 7:08am On May 01, 2016
SailorXY:
the good work LvG has done so far was setiing up the team in a 4-1-4-1 format which gave birth to some of the best football Old Trafford ever witnessed since SAF left the scene. not to mention the incessant tweaking we witnessed all season long which made very little sense anyway (Three @ the back - Rooney in midfield/Herrera on the bench - di Maria as CF - etc), but prior to visiting Stamford Bridge we saw the loss of some key figures of that set up namely Carrick, Jones and Young which led to massive reshuffling of positions. this was followed by a slump somewhat, perfectly understood from a fan POV.

a wise man (i'm not talking even manager now) will look to build on that blueprint from next campaign, but what did LvG do? tore it down & began even more experiments. i will not be surprised to see him trying out flat 4-4-2 next season cuz that's simply what he does. these young lads, albeit talented, have come to the fore cuz of the way he shred the squad of experience only to start complaining of inexperience @ the end of the season - only a mad man tries to defend or reconcile that.

in my opinion, this man cannot do better than he has done. i was willing to give him time cuz i believed he had ideas but he has shown that his ideas belong in the 90s. even if he's allowed to see out his contract, i will not be surprised to still see us battling for top 4 with uncertainties.

this squad is performing well below their abilities & that's largely due to the manager paying too much attention to nothing. what exactly does he jot down on his pad every minute of the game even when Rojo is about to take a throw-in @ the half way line? its terrible really.

i was really disappointed when we missed out on Pep & Ancelotti cuz i believe these are the men to really take up these talented youths LvG has unearthed & forge them into gods.

let's see the plans of the board by season's end, we can look @ clearer predictions when we have more info from Woody.
Nice analysis.
On the bolded part, I'm not exactly holding my breath.

Woodward has proven to be as daft as his name sounds.

He and his dull board aren't going to do anything impressive on the playing side of running the club, and that includes addressing the managerial situation.

I make bold to conclude that.

They are only concerned about the cash side,my thats why we have a chivita advert and a tomato paste company as our sponsorship partner.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Nobody: 8:22am On May 01, 2016
LvG: "I have signed for three years so next year you see me again."

2 Likes

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by JayKayMaybachz(m): 8:44am On May 01, 2016
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by elrony(m): 8:48am On May 01, 2016
Smh! !!!
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by SIRcumalot: 9:36am On May 01, 2016
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by capricornian(m): 10:00am On May 01, 2016
AdeLaNa1:
LvG: "I have signed for three years so next year you see me again."

Oh My God!!!!!!!!!!
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by PietroRico(m): 10:18am On May 01, 2016
So this I how it ended.
I'll wait to hear more before I give my verdict

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by chrisley024(m): 10:23am On May 01, 2016
I hope we no hear am today. grin
These Leicester guys play like they're possessed not to talk of today they need 3 points to be crowned the champion.
Hmmm!

As for Lose Van Goof, he's a goner. A new manager will take over next summer.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Nobody: 10:30am On May 01, 2016
sinizia:

What matters most is for LvG to be gone is the board not the fans. If the fans wail from now till next year, and the board refuses to sack him, he's going no where. That's why I was kind of wishing he doesn't win the FA cup and make the top-4 just so he can be sacked. If he succeeds in both, LvG is going no where.
see pipu.....
a chance for utd to win d trophy and u r here wishing we dont win it because of someone who u feel should be sacked.
what of if we end up not winning d fa cup and the same lvg is not sacked?
what is the probability that d person coming after him will have a chance to win d trophy again?
abi u feel any coach coming to utd will automatically take us to greater heights again. my friend, we r in perilous times and its better we take anything good as it comes.....not fantasizing and dreaming of a future da is not assured

1 Like

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by dubylhover(m): 11:22am On May 01, 2016
Eastbay:

I guess it's safe to say you speak for majority of us on the last part.

He's been a disappointment.
You look at his previous sides and mirror them with United.
Very pale in comparison.

He appears lost and overwhelmed with the task. He isn't sure of the spine of his side. His signings have been mostly flops.

So many disenchanting things about him. Even the youth integration we are talking about was forced on him.

exactly...he's made me lose interest in football self..my gf says whoever is in charge of manu now should continue cos I have time fr her more
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by iPopAlomo(m): 12:55pm On May 01, 2016
fcbonsai:
see pipu.....
a chance for utd to win d trophy and u r here wishing we dont win it because of someone who u feel should be sacked.
what of if we end up not winning d fa cup and the same lvg is not sacked?
what is the probability that d person coming after him will have a chance to win d trophy again?
abi u feel any coach coming to utd will automatically take us to greater heights again. my friend, we r in perilous times and its better we take anything good as it comes.....not fantasizing and dreaming of a future da is not assured

But una fans say F.A cup nah toy cup... especially Adelana1...

1 Like

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Odunharry(m): 1:06pm On May 01, 2016
#mufc XI: De Gea, Valencia, Smalling, Blind,
Rojo, Carrick, Fellaini, Lingard, Rooney,
Martial, Rashford.

#mufc subs: Romero, Darmian, Fosu-
Mensah, Herrera, Mata, Schneiderlin,
Memphis.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Odunharry(m): 1:08pm On May 01, 2016
Hmmmm.. slow Carrick and Fellaini against pacy and strong Leicester midfield.

GGMU
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by GBR1(m): 1:08pm On May 01, 2016
Unchanged XI. lipsrsealed
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by SailorXY: 1:13pm On May 01, 2016
PietroRico:
So this I how it ended.
I'll wait to hear more before I give my verdict
This should be an indication that LvG will be shown the door.

These guys he's let go so far; are they so bad he couldn't get anything from them?
di Maria, Rafael, Nani, Hernandez, now Memphis? I don't think so. Make he no dey waste the institution money for nothing jare.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by SailorXY: 1:15pm On May 01, 2016
Odunharry:
Hmmmm.. slow Carrick and Fellaini against pacy and strong Leicester midfield.
GGMU
I still expect the players to buckle up & get the needed result. The 4th & 3rd spot are open & they are professionals, that should be enough motivation in my opinion.

We all know LvG will select bullshit as usual!
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Odunharry(m): 1:23pm On May 01, 2016
SailorXY:

I still expect the players to buckle up & get the needed result. The 4th & 3rd spot are open & they are professionals, that should be enough motivation in my opinion.

We all know LvG will select bullshit as usual!
Very true.. I expect us to win... I will pick our attack over theirs.. I v seen the formation already.
The only Dept dey might beat us is in the middle of the field.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Odunharry(m): 1:25pm On May 01, 2016
GBR1:
Unchanged XI. lipsrsealed
Hopefully we win this and considering we have the best home record and we v not done bad in our last 6matches or so.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by GBR1(m): 1:27pm On May 01, 2016
Odunharry:

Hopefully we win this and considering we have the best home record and we v not done bad in our last 6matches or so.
True but I don't think we have won 7 or more matches in a row. I think a draw would be the best we get today.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Odunharry(m): 1:36pm On May 01, 2016
GBR1:

True but I don't think we have won 7 or more matches in a row. I think a draw would be the best we get today.
Yeah.. talking about our performance.
I think we have lost once in 6 or so which is not too bad considering the form of other teams too in their last 5 or 6.

I don't want a draw but a win today.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Nobody: 1:39pm On May 01, 2016
chrisley024:
I hope we no hear am today. grin
These Leicester guys play like they're possessed not to talk of today they need 3 points to be crowned the champion.
Hmmm!

As for Lose Van Goof, he's a goner. A new manager will take over next summer.
I'd like to share your optimism about a new manager but I'm still not convinced we will have one next season.

Not with those olodos in the boardroom.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Kagawa10: 1:45pm On May 01, 2016
sinizia:

You are not serious!
You don't know when we would be able to win another. Trophies are no guaranteed! That's why you do well to win one whenever given the chance. Do you know when last we've won the F. A cup?
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Kagawa10: 1:50pm On May 01, 2016
sinizia:

The Renato I've watched 4 times is not even better than Kante or Schneiderlin even at the holding role. The only advantage he's got is his young nature which makes him more faster. If we are looking for a holding DM, then Blind is far better than Renato. But the traditional work of a DM is a defensive one not a controlling one. DMs like Veira, Makele, Roy Keane etc are more renowned for their breaking up of play and snapping into tackles than their controlling role. My main issue is the price tag on this nigga. If he flops, our enemies will mock us. It'll be another waste of money. He'll come with a huge price tag and that means more pressure to justify his purchase.

But Kante will come cheap, with wealth of experience and less pressure. If he flops too, he can be readily be forgiven than a £40M+ signing.
There are 2 kinds of DM though.
A box-box one like Vidal, Ramires, Roy Keane, Morgan, Kante etc and holding DM like Coquelin, Makele, De Rossi, Carrick, Busquets, Weigl etc. However some of them differs in their techniques and may offer more in their roles like long passing skills, vision, Creativity etc.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by mcdreeezy: 1:58pm On May 01, 2016
Will Leicester win the EPL today? Keenly watching...

(1) (2) (3) ... (2835) (2836) (2837) (2838) (2839) (2840) (2841) ... (14379) (Reply)

Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 54
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.