Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,601 members, 7,955,212 topics. Date: Saturday, 21 September 2024 at 07:41 PM

Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion - European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) (2837) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) / Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion (9160097 Views)

Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 / Manchester United Fan Thread: Premier League Champions 2010/11 / Manchester United Fan thread: Forever Reds (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (2834) (2835) (2836) (2837) (2838) (2839) (2840) ... (14377) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Nobody: 5:47pm On Apr 30, 2016
Guys,
I have an inner feeling that van Gaal will still be here after the summer.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by SailorXY: 5:52pm On Apr 30, 2016
We go manage am so be that cheesy cheesy
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by GBR1(m): 5:53pm On Apr 30, 2016
Eastbay:
Guys,
I have an inner feeling that van Gaal will still be here after the summer.
If and when should the club make this official, it's trouble.
MrTA:

1 game. Our 2nd game in hand is against West Ham.
Westham have played 35, United 34 and that corresponds to us having one at hand.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Nobody: 6:00pm On Apr 30, 2016
GBR1:

If and when should the club make this official, it's trouble.

Yeah. I agree.

If he wins the FA Cup (still an "If"wink, and miraculously makes top 4, it would be difficult to see him go, given the support he seems to be having in the boardroom
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Kagawa10: 6:08pm On Apr 30, 2016
GBR1:
Bros na one game. Abeg i no won argue.
It's 2! One tomorrow and another. Now that I look at it, Westham has extra one game too.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by codedguy1(m): 6:10pm On Apr 30, 2016
Kagawa10:

It's 2!
One tomorrow and another.
Now that I look at it, Westham has extra one game too.

You are really funny!
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by GBR1(m): 6:16pm On Apr 30, 2016
Kagawa10:

It's 2!
One tomorrow and another.
Now that I look at it, Westham has extra one game too.
I think i just got you now. You were refering to how many games relativer the actual league time table for games and my figure was for United relative to westham.

Eastbay:

Yeah. I agree.
If he wins the FA Cup (still an "If"wink, and miraculously makes top 4, it would be difficult to see him go, given the support he seems to be having in the boardroom
I don't really know the exact feeling of the board regards him but i know he has lost the fans already and that's what should really matter i hope. Finishing 3rd and even the FA club is not enough for me, he must still go.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Nobody: 6:37pm On Apr 30, 2016
GBR1:

I don't really know the exact feeling of the board regards him but i know he has lost the fans already and that's what should really matter i hope. Finishing 3rd and even the FA club is not enough for me, he must still go.

I think the board wants to stick with him.
I'm thinking he could have been gone by now but for the support from the board. Even his body language gives him away as someone with some level of job security. Especially in his press conferences.

Rumors exist if Fergie and Bobby backing him. Two powerful figures backstage.

It's also hard to think of whom his possible successor may be. Mourinho isn't exactly odds on to succeed.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by SIRcumalot: 6:48pm On Apr 30, 2016
GBR1:
Would Pep rather be under a lunatic like Abrahamovich at Chelsea, Ed woodward at United who knows nothing about how a club should be run or those Barca folks at City? It's far better for him at city and i could go on and on. You have no point here bro.
Benitez deserves major blame and i can prove it, believe me. However, I don't want to change the state of this argument and i only used it a example to prove age is not really a factor if most of the players are still very good. What would happen to City post Pep is not the discussion here either or i can tell you Madrid won the CL post Mourinho with the core of a squad he built, but that would go contrary to the lies some stated here.
I can also tell you City performances took a hit with Pep's announcement and that's proves the actual picture is greater than what you are proposing.

We both know this is not true. City can and would outspend everybody if they need to. I'm not even gonna debate this.
Can speak form babaolowo I but I think Woodward must cede more control over too
Pep or Jose sef.
I already mentioned some of the mistake those guys made.
Teams have their expiring date we've seen this time and time again.
You're not naming this player that are supposedly very good.
That Madrid team was way younger than the inter team (+ bale)
That city performance story is just a cover story for pellegrini if they some how win the ucl he'll sing a new song.
I could also mention pep previous announcement prior to coming to bayern and blame city players for being weak mentally but I won't.
It is up for debate o
You underestimate how desperate we're or Chelsea will be,to be relevant again.
This rumor floating about this Sanchez dude and the money we paid for martial is enough indication. Adding pep influence to that will make us attractive to anybody.

1 Like

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by dubylhover(m): 6:53pm On Apr 30, 2016
Eastbay:

I'm thinking he could have been gone by now but for the support from the board. Even his body language gives him away as someone with some level of job security. Especially in his press conferences.

It's also hard to think of whom his possible successor may be. Mourinho isn't exactly odds on to succeed.

well we shouldn't forget that moyesi was sacked immediately it was mathematically impossible to make top 4 and there is a clause in d contract that if top 4 is not achieved that d payoff won't b full..so with respect to that I think that same clause is in lvgs contract,that's y he's still boss.he can't b sacked when its still mathematically possible to make top 4..so I choose to believe that him being our coach till this time is purely business not abt his competency...my thoughts tho.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by afrodoc2: 6:56pm On Apr 30, 2016
Renato Sanches would be another Fat Anderson.
These Portuguese league clubs are swindlers Mangala,Otamendi..... Remember Willy Carvalho?
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by MrTA(m): 7:31pm On Apr 30, 2016
Willy Carvalho that was at Chelsea? He was an excellent player and one of Jose's best signings.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by GBR1(m): 7:34pm On Apr 30, 2016
MrTA:
Willy Carvalho that was at Chelsea? He was an excellent player and one of Jose's best signings.
That's Ricardo Carvalho but i'm sure he meant Williams Carvalho who was a very hot prospect and linked to several PL top clubs.

2 Likes

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Nobody: 7:41pm On Apr 30, 2016
dubylhover:

well we shouldn't forget that moyesi was sacked immediately it was mathematically impossible to make top 4 and there is a clause in d contract that if top 4 is not achieved that d payoff won't b full..so with respect to that I think that same clause is in lvgs contract,that's y he's still boss.he can't b sacked when its still mathematically possible to make top 4..so I choose to believe that him being our coach till this time is purely business not abt his competency...my thoughts tho.
That might be possible, but I'm not sure monetary compensation is a problem for United.
On the basis of results, he could and should have been fired long ago.

I'm just going with my thoughts because it won't take anything to replace him with a Mourinho waiting in the wings.

His FA cup run may have also been his saving grace. But then again we are just speculating and trying to figure out what's going on behind the scenes.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Kagawa10: 7:53pm On Apr 30, 2016
As far as I know, the team is one creative right winger, a creative CM and a holding midfielder, away from becoming a complete team.
What has been lacking in the team has been creativity coupled with the lack of transition from the midfield to attack. When you look at the old Carrick, average Fellaini, average Herrera, sluggish Mata, aging Rooney who all formed the bulk of our midfield this season, it's no coincidence the midfield has been uninspiring, sluggish and boring.
Lvg had said it would take time for him to build a team and I can see the work he's done in attack (Martial & Depay) and Defence (Smalling, Blind, Fosu Mensah/Riley/Varela, Shaw/CBJ) which has been quite solid, young and exciting. All is needed is a technical creative balanced midfield to protect the defence and at the same time support the attack.
It would be better if LVg continue his good work other than Mourinho who would come in and tear down the solid foundation already laid.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by GBR1(m): 8:01pm On Apr 30, 2016
Eastbay:

There has been limited information from the board, but i really doubt that how much support he has because they haven't really come out to support him or deny the rumors that his job is on the line. United's management don't do this usually. His press conferences appeal more to me like he knows he's going out and i'm really amazed at your conclusion

Fergie and Charlton are on the football side on the board with no power and they can't really influence the administrative's board decision like they used to. Fergie got burnt with the Moyes' debacle and i doubt they'd really listen to Charlton after they he vetoed Jose's appointment in 2013. People would get killed for those kind of decisions in an authoritarian regime.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Kagawa10: 8:05pm On Apr 30, 2016
GBR1:
There has been limited information from the board, but i really doubt that how much support he has because they haven't really come out to support him or deny the rumors that his job is on the line. United's management don't do this usually. His press conferences appeal more to me like he knows he's going out and i'm really amazed at your conclusion

Fergie and Charlton are on the football side on the board with no power and they can't really influence the administrative's board decision like they used to. Fergie got burnt with the Moyes' debacle and i doubt they'd really listen to Charlton after they he vetoed Jose's appointment in 2013. People would get killed for those kind of decisions in an authoritarian regime.
I wonder what fans like you would have done to Fergie in the same scenario in the 90's. Fergie situation was even worse in the sense his team has lost all hope for a top 4 finish with only the FA cup to play for.
It's a good thing that the Board decided to stick with him which in return gave birth to the legends (Fergie, Scholes, Giggs, the Neville brothers) in the club today.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by GBR1(m): 8:22pm On Apr 30, 2016
SIRcumalot:

Can speak form babaolowo I but I think Woodward must cede more control over too
Pep or Jose sef.
It goes beyond control actually. City have a well organized plan/system and this translates to the football activities. They have acquired the best youth academy/facilities in the country for example and are just overall better run than either of United or Chelsea currently. Woodward could cede power as he's not that much of a football bloke but that would be in a way that would be counter productive to Pep because there would be too much on his hands and things could go wrong very easily that way. Besides at City, Pep won't have anyone on his back unlike at United; we've got SAF, Charlton the class of 92 guys sniffing around or even an assistant like Giggs trying to steal his job.
I already mentioned some of the mistake those guys made.
Teams have their expiring date we've seen this time and time again.
You're not naming this player that are supposedly very good.
That Madrid team was way younger than the inter team (+ bale)
I'm not sure you understood what i meant by the content of that post and my reply here would be a rehash of my earlier post.
That city performance story is just a cover story for pellegrini if they some how win the ucl he'll sing a new song.
I could also mention pep previous announcement prior to coming to bayern and blame city players for being weak mentally but I won't.
It is up for debate o
You underestimate how desperate we're or Chelsea will be,to be relevant again.
This rumor floating about this Sanchez dude and the money we paid for martial is enough indication. Adding pep influence to that will make us attractive to anybody.
Cover story or not, that City's squad is capable of making the semis and they are there deservedly. Do you think Pep is interested in arriving at a new club that's not in the CL? Our chances of getting him were even played down due to this as were are not certain of CL football next season. We failed to get our principal targets in the summer and Martial was one of the final options we had to resort to and we paid over the odds for him like we are used to doing. We have overpaid for almost every single signing since Fergie left and it's no indication of our financial superiority over City as they pay far over the odds too even for flops too. The rumors regard sanches only tend to reflect our recent policy of signing talented young players because we have failed to get the galaticos and this is another indictment on LVG.

I think i've said too much on this issue already and i'm not really interested in going on.

5 Likes

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Kagawa10: 8:45pm On Apr 30, 2016
GBR1:
It goes beyond control actually. City have a well organized plan/system and this translates to the football activities. They have acquired the best youth academy/facilities in the country for example and are just overall better run than either of United or Chelsea currently. Woodward could cede power as he's not that much of a football bloke but that would be in a way that would be counter productive to Pep because there would be too much on his hands and things could go wrong very easily that way. Besides at City, Pep won't have anyone on his back unlike at United; we've got SAF, Charlton the class of 92 guys sniffing around or even an assistant like Giggs trying to steal his job.

I'm not sure you understood what i meant by the content of that post and my reply here would be a rehash of my earlier post.
Cover story or not, that City's squad is capable of making the semis and they are there deservedly. Do you think Pep is interested in arriving at a new club that's not in the CL? Our chances of getting him were even played down due to this as were are not certain of CL football next season. We failed to get our principal targets in the summer and Martial was one of the final options we had to resort to and we paid over the odds for him like we are used to doing. We have overpaid for almost every single signing since Fergie left and it's no indication of our financial superiority over City as they pay far over the odds too even for flops too. The rumors regard sanches only tend to reflect our recent policy of signing talented young players because we have failed to get the galaticos and this is another indictment on LVG.

I think i've said too much on this issue already and i'm not really interested in going on.
I would admit that I don't really know what the argument is about but I disagree with the bold part.
If City youth team are good, we should have seen the result already. Heck! Our Youth team won the u21 league recently while Chelsea youth team won the uefa u19 Champion league.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by GBR1(m): 8:53pm On Apr 30, 2016
Kagawa10:

I wonder what fans like you would have done to Fergie in the same scenario in the 90's. Fergie situation was even worse in the sense his team has lost all hope for a top 4 finish with only the FA cup to play for.
It's a good thing that the Board decided to stick with him which in return gave birth to the legends (Fergie, Scholes, Giggs, the Neville brothers) in the club today.
Fergie's job was never at risk then for good reason unlike what most people folks believe. You should never really have said this. Times are different and conditions are variables independent of other. Fergie had already made a 2nd place finish and had reorganized the club so excellently that even the board then were pleased. There was nothing like top 4 to play for then either and winning the league or a trophy was always the priority. The momentum of the 1st PL title was brought by fergie's signing of Cantona and almost negligible with those guys you mentioned because they weren't all introduced at once but in series of successive seasons.You need to do much research before you spew stuff about which you have limited knowledge of or can't exactly comprehend.
Then again LVG has stated he's retiring next year and we stand to gain nothing from that because if we stick with him foolishly for a year when a coach like Jose is available, then when we won't have good options to choose from when he leaves and we end up with Giggs and finally sleep in mediocrity.

5 Likes

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by GBR1(m): 8:59pm On Apr 30, 2016
Kagawa10:

I would admit that I don't really know what the argument is about but I disagree with the bold part.
If City youth team are good, we should have seen the result already. Heck! Our Youth team won the u21 league recently while Chelsea youth team won the uefa u19 Champion league.
I said facilities/academy not the players. Regardless the result of what City has achieved would be reflected in years to come after the players they are developing with those facilities have gone through and can play for the u-19, u-21 or whatever.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by SailorXY: 9:05pm On Apr 30, 2016
the good work LvG has done so far was setiing up the team in a 4-1-4-1 format which gave birth to some of the best football Old Trafford ever witnessed since SAF left the scene. not to mention the incessant tweaking we witnessed all season long which made very little sense anyway (Three @ the back - Rooney in midfield/Herrera on the bench - di Maria as CF - etc), but prior to visiting Stamford Bridge we saw the loss of some key figures of that set up namely Carrick, Jones and Young which led to massive reshuffling of positions. this was followed by a slump somewhat, perfectly understood from a fan POV.

a wise man (i'm not talking even manager now) will look to build on that blueprint from next campaign, but what did LvG do? tore it down & began even more experiments. i will not be surprised to see him trying out flat 4-4-2 next season cuz that's simply what he does. these young lads, albeit talented, have come to the fore cuz of the way he shred the squad of experience only to start complaining of inexperience @ the end of the season - only a mad man tries to defend or reconcile that.

in my opinion, this man cannot do better than he has done. i was willing to give him time cuz i believed he had ideas but he has shown that his ideas belong in the 90s. even if he's allowed to see out his contract, i will not be surprised to still see us battling for top 4 with uncertainties.

this squad is performing well below their abilities & that's largely due to the manager paying too much attention to nothing. what exactly does he jot down on his pad every minute of the game even when Rojo is about to take a throw-in @ the half way line? its terrible really.

i was really disappointed when we missed out on Pep & Ancelotti cuz i believe these are the men to really take up these talented youths LvG has unearthed & forge them into gods.

let's see the plans of the board by season's end, we can look @ clearer predictions when we have more info from Woody.

2 Likes

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Kagawa10: 9:06pm On Apr 30, 2016
GBR1:
Fergie's job was never at risk then for good reason unlike what most people folks believe. You should never really have said this. Times are different and conditions are variables independent of other. Fergie had already made a 2nd place finish and had reorganised the club so excellently that even the board then were pleased. There was nothing like top 4 to play for then either and winning the league or a trophy was always the priority. The momentum of the 1st PL title was brought by fergie's signing of Cantona and almost negligible with those guys you mentioned because they weren't all introduced at once but in series of successive seasons. You need to do much research before you spew stuff about which you have limited knowledge of or can't exactly comprehend.
Then again LVG has stated he's retiring next year and we stand to gain nothing from that because if we stick with him foolishly for a year when a coach like Jose is available, then when we won't have good options to choose from when he leaves and we end up with Giggs and finally sleep in mediocrity.
Quote where I mentioned that!
The thing with you is that you tends to make conjectures here and there, running when no one is pursuing you. I stated that leaving Fergie at the helm birthed the legends at the club but you went to make your own conclusion that I meant the players were the reason he won the league the subsequent year.
As a matter of fact, the likes of Scholes, Giggs, the Neville brothers were what sustain the club in their long successive run!

1 Like

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by GBR1(m): 9:10pm On Apr 30, 2016
Kagawa10:

Quote where I mentioned that!
The thing with you is that you tends to make conjectures here and there, running when no one is pursuing you. I stated that leaving Fergie at the helm birthed the legends at the club but you went to make your own conclusion that I meant the players were the reason he won the league.
As a matter of fact, the likes of Scholes, Giggs, the Neville brothers were what sustain the club in their long successive run!
Don't be silly. I never stated that you mentioned that either, or point out where i did. I was explaining how things went then because i really doubted you understood what you were discussing( what is top 4 in the 90s? and Fergie job wasn't even on the line then because it has been proven!). If you have nothing to say, please move on from this debate because i don't have any more time to waste.

3 Likes

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by MrTA(m): 9:22pm On Apr 30, 2016
GBR1:

That's Ricardo Carvalho but i'm sure he meant Williams Carvalho who was a very hot prospect and linked to several PL top clubs.

Thanks for the correction.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Kagawa10: 9:23pm On Apr 30, 2016
GBR1:
Fergie's job was never at risk then for good reason unlike what most people folks believe. You should never really have said this. Times are different and conditions are variables independent of other. Fergie had already made a 2nd place finish and had reorganized the club so excellently that even the board then were pleased. There was nothing like top 4 to play for then either and winning the league or a trophy was always the priority. The momentum of the 1st PL title was brought by fergie's signing of Cantona and almost negligible with those guys you mentioned because they weren't all introduced at once but in series of successive seasons.You need to do much research before you spew stuff about which you have limited knowledge of or can't exactly comprehend.
You think anyone is as foolish as you are? What's that above?
Yeye!
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by GBR1(m): 9:25pm On Apr 30, 2016
Kagawa10:

You think anyone is as foolish as you are? What's that above?
Yeye!
Please what was top 4 in the 90s? Let's start from here

The FA cup contrary to popular belief was not what saved Fergie's job. The board later revealed this; that his job wasn't on the line then. The FA cup win cannot do for LVG whatever it did for SAF( even if it did anything for SAF regards job).

1 Like

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Kagawa10: 9:26pm On Apr 30, 2016
GBR1:

Don't be silly. I never stated that you mentioned that either, or point out where i did. I was explaining how things went then because i really doubted you understood what you were discussing( what is top 4 in the 90s? and Fergie job wasn't even on the line then because it has been proven!). If you have nothing to say, please move on from this debate because i don't have any more time to waste.
Eediot I said top 4 finish, not CL spot!
Are you telling me there were only 2 teams in the league in the 90's?
I keep saying that if eediot like you don't understand my post, don't quote it.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by GBR1(m): 9:36pm On Apr 30, 2016
Kagawa10:

Eediot I said top 4 finish, not CL spot!
Are you telling me there were only 2 teams in the league in the 90's?
I keep saying that if eediot like you don't understand my post, don't quote it.
The only reason top 4 is relevant here is because it's the spot for participation in the CL and in 1990 it wasn't like that so the 4th position was really negligible then unlike now but it's obvious you didn't know this either hence the silly questions and assertions from you.

1 Like

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Kagawa10: 9:39pm On Apr 30, 2016
GBR1:

The only reason top 4 is relevant here is because it's the spot for participation in the CL and in the 1990s it wasn't like that so the 4th position was really negligible unlike now but it's obvious you didn't know this either hence the silly questions and assertions from you.
Why won't I know it when I'm aware of the europe cup?
I was comparing Lvg archivement to Fergie, that was why I stated that Fergie's own case was even worse!
Abeg fashi!
Always loves to spin thing where there's not!
Yeye!
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by GBR1(m): 9:42pm On Apr 30, 2016
Kagawa10:

Why won't I know it when I'm aware of the europe cup?
I was comparing Lvg archivement to Fergie, that was why I stated that Fergie's own case was even worse!
Abeg fashi!
Always loves to spin thing where there's not!
Yeye!
You are a clown. grin grin grin

4 Likes

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by SIRcumalot: 12:36am On May 01, 2016
@gbr1
I would have liked to reply some of those points,like I said on the Bayern thread it's not some excuse for Pep to underachieve most even people that frequent this sub will tell you am not a pep guy.
this though,as some of the obstacles I mention start to crop up for pep at City. I'll be remind you.

(1) (2) (3) ... (2834) (2835) (2836) (2837) (2838) (2839) (2840) ... (14377) (Reply)

Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021

Viewing this topic: afrodoc2, Bill8012(m), BlueRayDick, Ibunkun1(m), Neimarjr, Prectega(m), Segedinho(m), Mybettingtips(m), main24(m), nnofaith, pelvicky(m), izzou(m), kissoflife, Lana1(m), MRTA7, Jamiuokolaa, nathz45, CapitalCee(m), Ijustwantto(m) and 7 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 99
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.