Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,074 members, 7,818,212 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 10:26 AM

Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion - European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) (2836) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) / Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion (8730987 Views)

Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 / Manchester United Fan Thread: Premier League Champions 2010/11 / Manchester United Fan thread: Forever Reds (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (2833) (2834) (2835) (2836) (2837) (2838) (2839) ... (14148) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by SIRcumalot: 6:58am On Apr 30, 2016
GBR1:

This is quite a big thing to say given that Jose always wins the league title in his 1st or 2nd year after he gets appointed everywhere he has been.
make we see what our squad go look like going into next season,i don't think he'll repeat that here
,but if he do am then he can remain forever.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Kagawa10: 8:03am On Apr 30, 2016
chrisley024:
Kagawa10, what do you have to say about manager's BS claim?
He probably meant his best players like Martial, Rashford, Fosu Mensah and Lingard in the team are young and rather inexperienced.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Kagawa10: 8:09am On Apr 30, 2016
sinizia:
I know 4 matches shouldn't be enough to judge a player, especially a budding MFer like Renato Sanches, but in the four matches I've watched him (3 live matches and one replayed match) play, he didn't play to the "hype" surrounding him. Against Bayern, across the 2 legs, I wasn't impressed at all. I was watching those matches strictly because of him and I was disappointed at the end. He might come good at United, but he's overhyped IMHO. He lacks the ingenuity, good passing, vision or tenacity or the shwashbuckling qualities of a MFer be it AM, DM or CM. But I admit he got some pace and he's vibrant, so he might come good.

But I'd rather we go for Kante. £15M or £20M will get him and even if he flops, we can readily move on compared to Renato flopping after £40M. Omo na disgrace!! We don't need another Di Maria-esque flop abeg!! Kante is the ninja to partner Schneiderlin in that MF.
Lol!
I actually think Schneiderlin should be a cover for Kante in the box-box role. We need someone better than Schneiderlin in the holding role.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by chrisley024(m): 8:14am On Apr 30, 2016
Kagawa10:

He probably meant his best players like Martial, Rashford, Fosu Mensah and Lingard in the team are young and rather inexperienced.
No, the team; he even gaffed by claiming Rooney and Carrick have only a title. You didn't read the shite he spewed, I'll post it. The man is clutching at straws after his failure and has gone insane.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by chrisley024(m): 8:39am On Apr 30, 2016
Here comes the comedian.
Manchester United boss Louis van Gaal claims side lacked title experience

Manchester United manager Louis van Gaal claimed his team were not in the title race because of a lack of experience -- but then revealed he was not aware of how many titles some of his players had won. smh

Seven members of United's squad have won the Premier League -- Wayne Rooney, Michael Carrick, Antonio Valencia, Phil Jones, Chris Smalling, David De Gea and Ashley Young.

Meanwhile, Memphis Depay, Bastian Schweinsteiger, Marouane Fellaini and Daley Blind have all been title winners overseas.

Van Gaal, preparing his team for the visit of leaders Leicester on Sunday, had claimed De Gea did not have the experience -- even though he had won the title in 2013 -- and also said Rooney and Carrick had won it "once, maybe more than once," when both have won it five times. grin

He said: "The players we are now playing are not used to being champions. I don't think [Matteo] Darmian is used to it. De Gea was never a champion. smh.

"Rooney, Carrick have been champions once, maybe more than once.

"You have to see the situation where the club is. We have seen that we are in a transition period. When I was mentioned as the coach, it was also about that.
And when we thought the clown, Moyes; renowned for spewing garbage, has gone.

We're not even talking of the title now but qualification for CL or do we also lack the experience for that?

3 Likes

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Kagawa10: 8:47am On Apr 30, 2016
chrisley024:
Here comes the comedian. And when we thought the clown, Moyes; renowned for spewing garbage, has gone.

We're not even talking of the title now but qualification for CL or do we also lack the experience for that?
Lol!
To be fair to him, he mentioned that they probably won more than once. I actually think he should avoid talking to the media not only because he tends to goof but also, most of his speech are often lost in translation.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by GBR1(m): 9:41am On Apr 30, 2016
Kagawa10:

Lol!
To be fair to him, he mentioned that they probably won more than once. I actually think he should avoid talking to the media not only because he tends to goof but also, most of his speech are often lost in translation.
What was lost in translation was negligible here. LVG is a lunatic, your defence of him cannot change that. He's simply trying to give reasons why we failed so terribly this season. Our objectives at the season comprised of wining the league and having a very good run in the CL, both of which we miserably failed at. No one could have predicted Martial playing so much games and becoming so important to us or Rasford leading the line because LVG was a fool to wager on Rooney delivering goals as the CF for a title winning season. His lunancy in fact goes on and on with levels superseding what I've even stated.

Tell me how many players of Leceister's squad have title winning experience and why they are about to win the title now....

1 Like

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by dmcdad: 9:41am On Apr 30, 2016
GBR1:

You guys should come and take him abeg. He's on heavy wages and we already have a good 2nd keeper in Romero who hardly complains about anything. He would be a good cover for Bravo when ter stegen leaves or he could even end up the 1st choice in Barca when he causes trouble for you guys, who knows really?
Bia! You'd better cut the jokes. Which kind rough play be that one na? angry

Stop am oooooo! cheesy
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by GBR1(m): 9:46am On Apr 30, 2016
dmcdad:

Bia! You'd better cut the jokes. Which kind rough play be that one na? angry

Stop am oooooo! cheesy
I think he could bench Bravo though. He has made better saves than him in the past and his ball playing/distribution is superior. Good deal for both sides.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by diggz: 10:03am On Apr 30, 2016
GBR1:

I think he could bench Bravo though. He has made better saves than him in the past and his ball playing/distribution is superior. Good deal for both sides.

Chaiiiii......!

You are a wicket soul cheesy No b only ball playing/distribution is superior cheesy That akpere of a keeper cheesy
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by GBR1(m): 10:57am On Apr 30, 2016
diggz:

Chaiiiii......!

You are a wicket soul cheesy No b only ball playing/distribution is superior cheesy That akpere of a keeper cheesy
When he was with Barcelona, they were saying he was world class...
Now you calling him akpere? grin grin
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Nobody: 11:37am On Apr 30, 2016
GBR1:
When he was with Barcelona, they were saying he was world class...
Now you calling him akpere? grin grin
egbon we don't need him u guys can keep him. Who knows one day he'll come good and bench DDG grin
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Nobody: 12:00pm On Apr 30, 2016
Kante is the deal..... and I can say it's 65% a done Deal!
United Scouts are gonna be watching and assessing him closely on Sunday! Once they press the Green Button, then the Deal is done!!!
Renato is another Memphis in making! There is nothing "WOW" in his quality, talent or style of play!
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by GBR1(m): 12:12pm On Apr 30, 2016
adeyemi2015:
Kante is the deal..... and I can say it's 65% a done Deal!
United Scouts are gonna be watching and assessing him closely on Sunday! Once they press the Green Button, then the Deal is done!!!
Renato is another Memphis in making! There is nothing "WOW" in his quality, talent or style of play!
Renato Sanchez is closer to a done deal than Kante, as far as I know. We are far more certain to sign Sanches than Kante. United have scouted Sanches for over 20 matches and made bids for him already. His agent Mendes, and even Benefica's manager were in Machester for talks but Kante hasn't really been given that much attention.
My grouse with these potential transfers is that these players we are trying to sign like Kante, Sanches were performing similarly to what Morgan was doing the previous season with Southhampton and that was what made us sign him. Now we got Morgan and he's a shadow of the player he was then and failed to live up to expectations and I can't help but feel these new signings would end up the same way especially with LVG in charge.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by dmcdad: 12:14pm On Apr 30, 2016
GBR1:

Agreed then. Its good to dream, but whether they come to pass is another matter altogether. tongue tongue tongue tongue
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Nobody: 12:35pm On Apr 30, 2016
GBR1:

Renato Sanchez is closer to a done deal than Kante, as far as I know. We are far more certain to sign Sanches than Kante. United have scouted Sanches for over 20 matches and made bids for him already. His agent Mendes, and even Benefica's manager were in Machester for talks but Kante hasn't really been given that much attention.
My grouse with these potential transfers is that these players we are trying to sign like Kante, Sanches were performing similarly to what Morgan was doing the previous season with Southhampton and that was what made us sign him. Now we got Morgan and he's a shadow of the player he was then and failed to live up to expectations and I can't help but feel these new signings would end up the same way especially with LVG in charge.
how is morgan a shadow of his former self?
as far as I am concerned he does what he does to the best of his capabilities. ...the difference u see might possibly result from what "d philosopher" tells him to do strategically just as u pointed out in ur last statement
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Nobody: 12:42pm On Apr 30, 2016
GBR1:

In Lai Muhammed's Voice: Blame it on LVG!
grin
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by SailorXY: 1:16pm On Apr 30, 2016
Kagawa10:

Lol!
I actually think Schneiderlin should be a cover for Kante in the box-box role. We need someone better than Schneiderlin in the holding role.
Kante is not better than Schneiderlin, just like Lingard is not better than Januzaj & the best right back currently in the squad is that academy lad.
Do away with that moronic manager let's better assess our squad strength!
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by GBR1(m): 1:20pm On Apr 30, 2016
fcbonsai:
how is morgan a shadow of his former self?
as far as I am concerned he does what he does to the best of his capabilities. ...the difference u see might possibly result from what "d philosopher" tells him to do strategically just as u pointed out in ur last statement
see below
SailorXY:

Kante is not better than Schneiderlin, just like Lingard is not better than Januzaj & the best right back currently in the squad is that academy lad.
This is exactly what i was trying to explain. LVG has to leave first before anything good can be done.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Kagawa10: 1:28pm On Apr 30, 2016
GBR1:

I don't see how Morgan was doing close to what Kante has been doing this season!
Check Morgan YouTube reel and all you see is about his tackling and energy, his passing was quite average nor spectacular, that hasn't changed at Manutd.
Kante on the other hand is Leicester maestro who starts most of their attack and provide the creativity in the midfield. People just think Kante is only a defensive midfielder which is untrue! If he was, he wouldn't be tightly marked in most matches. His passing and creativity was something else against Arsenal.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Kagawa10: 1:32pm On Apr 30, 2016
SailorXY:

Kante is better than Morgan in every aspect!
In creativity, Dribbling, Vision, Passing, techniques like first touch which has aided in his high Interception rate, his agility to turn direction easily and even his tackling is often clean as opposed to Morgan who tends to draw foul.
The only thing they have in common apart from tackling, is energy and even at that, Kante has more stamina and pace for that!
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Nobody: 3:15pm On Apr 30, 2016
And i thought United had problems in attack.....

Top goalscorers at Crystal Palace this season:

Y. Cabaye (5)
Y. Bolasie (5)
C. Wickham (5)
S. Dann (5)
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by chrisley024(m): 3:15pm On Apr 30, 2016
C'mon! Judging from this season, Kante is miles ahead of Morgan. Time will tell who remains consistent at what he does.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by chrisley024(m): 3:17pm On Apr 30, 2016
AdeLaNa1:
And i thought United had problems in attack.....

Top goalscorers at Crystal Palace this season:

Y. Cabaye (5)
Y. Bolasie (5)
C. Wickham (5)
S. Dann (5)
Are you now comparing us with Palace? Shows far how we've fallen.

We have scored the least number of goals among the top 9. That's abysmal!
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Nobody: 3:28pm On Apr 30, 2016
chrisley024:

Lol! Palace are a decent team. But we are miles ahead of them on d table. Things aren't that dire yet.

And apart from LVG our major problem this season has been creating chances and scoring goals. Going forward, the team plays like they ve no plan on how to unlock opposition defences. And LVG still carries majority of the blame here.

Get that man out and thinks ll start improving.....
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by SailorXY: 3:52pm On Apr 30, 2016
chrisley024:
C'mon! Judging from this season, Kante is miles ahead of Morgan. Time will tell who remains consistent at what he does.
Just like Vardy is miles ahead of Rooney.

How does our players compare pound for pound in respective positions against Leicester this season?
Now relate that with actual abilities & you have a proper answer.

Get that bubonic plague out & bring in a modern manager, we'll start from there.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by dmcdad: 3:58pm On Apr 30, 2016
SailorXY:

Hmmmm. cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by dmcdad: 4:19pm On Apr 30, 2016
chrisley024:

Me: United have been bad this season.
Adelana1: Crystal Palace nkor? cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy

Wahala dey ooooooo.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by MrTA(m): 4:47pm On Apr 30, 2016
West Ham go above us on goal difference.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Kagawa10: 5:12pm On Apr 30, 2016
MrTA:
West Ham go above us on goal difference.
We have 2 games at hand.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by GBR1(m): 5:43pm On Apr 30, 2016
Kagawa10:

We have 2 games at hand.
Bros na one game. Abeg i no won argue.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by MrTA(m): 5:45pm On Apr 30, 2016
GBR1:

Bros na one game. Abeg i no won argue.

1 game. Our 2nd game in hand is against West Ham.

(1) (2) (3) ... (2833) (2834) (2835) (2836) (2837) (2838) (2839) ... (14148) (Reply)

Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021

Viewing this topic: 6 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 70
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.