Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,280 members, 7,815,477 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 01:00 PM

Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion - European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) (2844) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) / Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion (8710930 Views)

Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 / Manchester United Fan Thread: Premier League Champions 2010/11 / Manchester United Fan thread: Forever Reds (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (2841) (2842) (2843) (2844) (2845) (2846) (2847) ... (14146) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Kagawa10: 5:24pm On May 01, 2016
elampiro:

Wayne Rooney shines again in midfield as Wes Morgan bags vital equaliser
DAVID DE GEA 6.5 – Angrily slammed the tunnel at half-time, perhaps in annoyance at conceding, but did little wrong

ANTONIO VALENCIA 6.5 – Did superbly for the opening goal and regularly overlapped but failed to maximise his chances.

CHRIS SMALLING 6.5 – Hit the post with an excellent header that had Schmeichel scrambling and mixed it physically.

DALEY BLIND 6 – Decent set piece deliveries but positionally suspect at times in the second half.

MARCUS ROJO 5 – Left Morgan alone for equaliser and could have conceded a penalty when bringing down Mahrez but got forward well.

MICHAEL CARRICK 7 – Produced a rare enforcer type display with well-timed tackles and his usual early balls forward.

WAYNE ROONEY 7.5 – Good again in his deep midfield role, picking passes through Leicester's line.

JESSE LINGARD 5 – Enjoyed plenty of the ball and brought the best from Schmeichel but wasted possession too often and should have done better when clean through.

MAROUANE FELLAINI 5 – Very lucky his elbow on Huth went unnoticed but Premier League season likely to be over if FA take retrospective action.
ANTHONY MARTIAL 7.5 – Took his goal extremely well and was sharp throughout, linking play and taking on his man repeatedly.

MARCUS RASHFORD 6 – Missing the dynamism that has been such a feature of his amazing entrance to first-team football.

-Daily mail.
You are quoting dailyfail?
Lol!
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by sinizia: 5:24pm On May 01, 2016
GBR1:

If you weren't such a clown, you'd have noticed that those are different monikers possessed by folks with different identities.

It's official. Kagawa10 is a comedian. LMAO. And he was so confident quoting different monikers. grin grin grin
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Nobody: 5:25pm On May 01, 2016
elampiro:

Wayne Rooney shines again in midfield as Wes Morgan bags vital equaliser
DAVID DE GEA 6.5 – Angrily slammed the tunnel at half-time, perhaps in annoyance at conceding, but did little wrong

ANTONIO VALENCIA 6.5 – Did superbly for the opening goal and regularly overlapped but failed to maximise his chances.

CHRIS SMALLING 6.5 – Hit the post with an excellent header that had Schmeichel scrambling and mixed it physically.

DALEY BLIND 6 – Decent set piece deliveries but positionally suspect at times in the second half.

MARCUS ROJO 5 – Left Morgan alone for equaliser and could have conceded a penalty when bringing down Mahrez but got forward well.

MICHAEL CARRICK 7 – Produced a rare enforcer type display with well-timed tackles and his usual early balls forward.

WAYNE ROONEY 7.5 – Good again in his deep midfield role, picking passes through Leicester's line.

JESSE LINGARD 5 – Enjoyed plenty of the ball and brought the best from Schmeichel but wasted possession too often and should have done better when clean through.

MAROUANE FELLAINI 5 – Very lucky his elbow on Huth went unnoticed but Premier League season likely to be over if FA take retrospective action.
ANTHONY MARTIAL 7.5 – Took his goal extremely well and was sharp throughout, linking play and taking on his man repeatedly.

MARCUS RASHFORD 6 – Missing the dynamism that has been such a feature of his amazing entrance to first-team football.

-Daily mail.

Sir,
Daily mail is the last place to refer to for meaningful analysis.
Rooney never gets criticized on that tabloid even when he commits blunders (e.g granny shagging in 2010).
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Kagawa10: 5:25pm On May 01, 2016
Dadehmola:

The boy is a fóol!
Pay him no mind!
Na your papa be fool!
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Nobody: 5:26pm On May 01, 2016
sinizia:

It's official. Kagawa10 is a comedian. LMAO. And he was so confident quoting different monikers. grin grin grin
Kindly ignore the fella if you think he's chatting bollocks.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by elampiro(m): 5:26pm On May 01, 2016
Kagawa10:

Lol!
Only Carrick sat in the midfield with Rooney and Fellaini infront of him as box-box midfielders!
It was a 3-man midfield sort of.

No, that formation on was wrong. Rooney operated in deep midfield just like the other previous matches. Even when you see 4-1-4-1, there is one who is to play the deeper role while the other operate as number 10.

Gaal confirmed this last time, that Rooney played as a CM. But formation showed 4-1-4-1
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by PietroRico(m): 5:27pm On May 01, 2016
Europe's deadliest striker just struck
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by sinizia: 5:27pm On May 01, 2016
GBR1:

Well those folks on our bench don't get paid as high as him so it's very difficult to ignore. This is what happens when you try to build your team around an average player like Rooney. That's why he gets moved so often from one position to another without anyone to permanently place him on the bench and he's the captain FFS. Mediocrity everywhere!

Preach, Brother GBR1, church is in session!!
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Kagawa10: 5:27pm On May 01, 2016
sinizia:

See the gathering of eediots!
I thought Morgan and Huth were shite defenders?
Lol!
Yeye people crying more than the bereaved!
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by GBR1(m): 5:28pm On May 01, 2016
sinizia:

LOL. How many crosses was it again. 47 with no tangible end product? grin grin
81 crosses and fulham defended against it so easily grin grin grin

I know exactly what i'm saying regards Rooney and it's not about having an agenda against him or something. Rooney performance levels has been so abysmal in recent years such average performances are labelled good and extremely frustrating are called average. The English press would only tell lies about how well he played in the midfield because Rooney has to go the Euros and there's no way they want him starting as CF over Kane, Vardy or Sturridge. That should be England's problem not United's.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by SailorXY: 5:29pm On May 01, 2016
chrisley024:
They should give anything to get that Kante. I wouldn't mind Mane for Depay since it's like Koeman is interested in him
God forbid.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by elampiro(m): 5:29pm On May 01, 2016
Eastbay:

Sir,
Daily mail is the last place to refer to for meaningful analysis.
Rooney never gets criticized on that tabloid even when he commits blunders (e.g granny shagging in 2010).

I have given Telegraph and daily mail.

Telegraph do criticized Rooney. Even daily mail criticized Rooney in the build up to 2014 world cup.

I have not seen any rating that said Rooney was poor.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Keky(m): 5:29pm On May 01, 2016
How can a christian say schweinsteiger just came to use old trafford WiFi?

1 Like

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by GBR1(m): 5:32pm On May 01, 2016
elampiro:

Telegraph do criticized Rooney. Even daily mail criticized Rooney in the build up to 2014 world cup.

Bros how often do you criticize Rooney?
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Nobody: 5:34pm On May 01, 2016
elampiro:

Telegraph has more clout than the mail.

No one is saying Rooney is poor.
We are just saying he didn't stand out or do anything spectacular.

On name-recognition basis, Rooney should have been the difference between both sides.
But he didn't do too much with the ball. He can't even lift his free kicks above the wall.

Looking at his pay packet, I would say he is under performing seriously.

1 Like

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by sinizia: 5:36pm On May 01, 2016
GBR1:

I know exactly what i'm saying regards Rooney and it's not about having an agenda against him or something. Rooney performance levels has been so abysmal in recent years such average performances are labelled good and extremely frustrating are called average. The English press would only tell lies about how well he played in the midfield because Rooney has to go the Euros and there's no way they want him starting as CF over Kane, Vardy or Sturridge. That should be England's problem not United's.

Utd don suffer. grin
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by GBR1(m): 5:36pm On May 01, 2016
Kagawa10:

Well!
I just saw it now!
I wouldn't know considering I've not been here for a long time!
Both are to blame for having 'coded' in their moniker!
What kind of excuse is this? You should really be ashamed of yourself. Blaming others for your ineptitude and clownishness undecided
sinizia:

Utd don suffer. grin
Here's the video grin grin
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zkiKcazMsTY
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by SIRcumalot: 5:38pm On May 01, 2016
GBR1:

Well those folks on our bench don't get paid as high as him so it's very difficult to ignore. This is what happens when you try to build your team around an average player like Rooney. That's why he gets moved so often from one position to another without anyone to permanently place him on the bench and he's the captain FFS. Mediocrity everywhere!
you go try to ignore harder be that.
our team stop revolving around for a long time now.
if only Mata or Herrera did enough to merit that position while he was out.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by sinizia: 5:39pm On May 01, 2016
GBR1:

What kind of excuse is this? You should really be ashamed of yourself. Blaming others for your ineptitude and clownishness undecided

He's blaming the 2 monikers for having "coded" in their sobriquet. LMAO. This is pure comedy. grin grin
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Kagawa10: 5:41pm On May 01, 2016
GBR1:

What really baffles me is how is it your stup!d headache?
You're one eediot you know!
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by sinizia: 5:43pm On May 01, 2016
SIRcumalot:

You are joking, right? Even if both players turned Xavi overnight, LvGOAT would remove Valencia from RB and play Rooney there just to make sure he's not benched. Are we talking about the fool that plays Young at RB? You don't know Gaal, you really don't!!
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Dadehmola: 5:43pm On May 01, 2016
SailorXY:

God forbid.

I tire oo...

I think say na only me bin dey refuse to buy into the Kante hype.

He's a good player no doubt but me thinks Schnederlain has been pretty decent for us so far and deserves to be starting week in week out!

I'd rather we get Mahrez - the dude's sublime touches and skills are simply breathtaking .He also scores and assists consistently.

30m quid shouldnt be too much!

Meanwhile, me thinks it's high time "passenger Mata" left the club. In addition, the following players should leave as soon as the next transfer window opens ...

- Rojo
- Jones the sickbird
- Carrick
- Lingaard

Depay should be given a stern warning to either shape up or ship out!

Still undecided about Bastian
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by GBR1(m): 5:45pm On May 01, 2016
SIRcumalot:

Yes that's the problem. Mediocrity by other players. They never do enough but regardless when they do, they would still get benched for him. LVG has claimed his captain has numerous advantages and would always play. It's frustrating that we are stuck with this guy i swear.
sinizia:

He's blaming the 2 monikers for having "coded" in their sobriquet. LMAO. This is pure comedy. grin grin
Kagawa10 never fails to entertain. I didn't label him a clown for no reason.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by sinizia: 5:45pm On May 01, 2016
GBR1:

I'm saving this video in my archive. This is an epic mediocre match. WTF?!! grin
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by elampiro(m): 5:45pm On May 01, 2016
GBR1:

Only Martial rated higher than Rooney.

I knew people would bring the conspiracy of English press. English press are actually most critics of Rooney.

Look at whoscored, only Blind rated higher than Rooney. This is despite Rooney having a Yellow card which means some marks deducted. Even non English sites rate Rooney as one of the best.

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by SIRcumalot: 5:47pm On May 01, 2016
sinizia:

You are joking, right? Even if both players turned Xavi overnight, LvGOAT would remove Valencia from RB and play Rooney there just to make sure he's not benched. Are we talking about the fool that plays Young at RB? You don't know Gaal, you really don't!!
that means Valencia isn't playing well be that.
rashford played well enough that if he was on the bench the fans go complain.
nobody is crying over Herrera or Memphis not starting.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by sinizia: 5:48pm On May 01, 2016
Dadehmola:

I tire oo...

I think say na only me bin dey refuse to buy into the Kante hype.

He's a good player no doubt but me thinks Schnederlain has been pretty decent for us so far and deserves to be starting week in week out!

I'd rather we get Mahrez - the dude's sublime touches and skills are simply breathtaking .He also scores and assists consistently.

30m quid shouldnt be too much!

Meanwhile, me thinks it's high time "passenger Mata" left the club. In addition, the following players should leave as soon as the next transfer window opens ...

- Rojo
- Jones the sickbird
- Carrick
- Lingaard

Depay should be given a stern warning to either shape up or ship out!

Still undecided about Bastian

Rooney nko?
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by sinizia: 5:51pm On May 01, 2016
SIRcumalot:

LVG had explicitly said his captain MUST play, so irrespective of whatever top form ALL the players are in, Rooney MUST play. That's one of the reasons why I want that goat out.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by GBR1(m): 5:53pm On May 01, 2016
SIRcumalot:

I refuse to agree with this. There's no way Rooney can play RB better than Valencia.
Let's say we even go with this as an agreement. When Rooney plays poorly, why does he not get benched like the others?
elampiro:

Only Martial rated higher than Rooney.
I knew people would bring the conspiracy of English press. English press are actually most critics of Rooney.
Look at whoscored, only Blind rated higher than Rooney. This is despite Rooney having a Yellow card which means some marks deducted. Even non English sites rate Rooney as one of the best.
I can't argue against facts but what you have stated is relative. Most rankings online are saying the whole team didn't play that well so they got poor figures and it's only relative to other poor players that Rooney appeared good.
see this from Manchester Evening News for example; http://www.manchestereveningnews.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/man-utd-player-ratings-rojo-11270025
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by codedguy1(m): 5:53pm On May 01, 2016
Kagawa10:

Well!
I just saw it now!
I wouldn't know considering I've not been here for a long time!
Both are to blame for having 'coded' in their moniker!

So this is your defence, after being called out.

Instead of you to apologise you are trying to justify your gaffe.

You are obviously visually impaired because this is not the first time you are displaying your visionlessness. The other day you were still seeing Rooney on the pitch after he had been substituted.

You better go and treat the glaucoma in your brain and the brain tumor that has affected your eyes.

2 Likes

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by elampiro(m): 5:53pm On May 01, 2016
Eastbay:

Telegraph has more clout than the mail.

No one is saying Rooney is poor.
We are just saying he didn't stand out or do anything spectacular.

On name-recognition basis, Rooney should have been the difference between both sides.
But he didn't do too much with the ball. He can't even lift his free kicks above the wall.

Looking at his pay packet, I would say he is under performing seriously.

When Rooney returned from his injury, he played the number 10 excellently well. But Gaal rearenaged his game the next match and dropped Rooney deep in midfield to accommodate Lingard in the attacking zone. This was despite Lingard not being able to match Rooney's performance in the attacking zone when he came on.

If Rooney played in the number 10, that is AM instead of CM, I would blame him for not influencing the match enough. But today he played in a zone where he needed to be careful not to go forward. He did his primary duty oustandingly well. He was played out of position.

2 Likes

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by SIRcumalot: 5:54pm On May 01, 2016
sinizia:

LVG had explicitly said his captain MUST play, so irrespective of whatever top form ALL the players are in, Rooney MUST play. That's one of the reasons why I want that goat out.
yes,but today he played as well as can be expected.
na dele Alli go suffer for euros
dat boy should have played for the super eagles

(1) (2) (3) ... (2841) (2842) (2843) (2844) (2845) (2846) (2847) ... (14146) (Reply)

Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021

Viewing this topic: ChristoBam and 5 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 64
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.