Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,160 members, 7,815,048 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 05:56 AM

Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion - European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) (2845) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) / Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion (8709010 Views)

Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 / Manchester United Fan Thread: Premier League Champions 2010/11 / Manchester United Fan thread: Forever Reds (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (2842) (2843) (2844) (2845) (2846) (2847) (2848) ... (14146) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by elampiro(m): 5:55pm On May 01, 2016

Southampton 4 Man City 1

Wished we won our match.

I knew City has a slow defence. Southampton killing them with pace. Mane on hatrick.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Kagawa10: 5:58pm On May 01, 2016
elampiro:

Only Martial rated higher than Rooney.

I knew people would bring the conspiracy of English press. English press are actually most critics of Rooney.

Look at whoscored, only Blind rated higher than Rooney. This is despite Rooney having a Yellow card which means some marks deducted. Even non English sites rate Rooney as one of the best.
Whoscored always rate according to your stats.
They give point for shot taken, tackles, passing accuracy and it doesn't matter if it's useless side way or long ping to the wing etc.
I stopped taking their rating serious the moment they rated Rojo and Herrera as one of our best player against Westham in the F.A cup! I only visit there to check stat and not their rating,

1 Like

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Kagawa10: 6:01pm On May 01, 2016
GBR1:
Yes that's the problem. Mediocrity by other players. They never do enough but regardless when they do, they would still get benched for him. LVG has claimed his captain has numerous advantages and would always play. It's frustrating that we are stuck with this guy i swear.

Kagawa10 never fails to entertain. I didn't label him a clown for no reason.
Eediot still smarting because I put an end to his stup!d spinning theory which he always does to look intelligent.
Lol!
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Dadehmola: 6:01pm On May 01, 2016
sinizia:

Rooney nko?

From all indications, LVG is set to remain at club next season and I don't see him drop Rooney. ..

Bearing that in mind, I think Fatboy should be given a chance in midfield due to his somewhat impressive passing range and enthusiasm.

Till he leaves for the MLS or Chinese league (probably when a new manager takes over at Oldtrafford), I don't want to see him in the #10 or CF position ever again sha!!
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by SIRcumalot: 6:01pm On May 01, 2016
GBR1:
I refuse to agree with this. There's no way Rooney can play RB better than Valencia.
Let's say we even go with this as an agreement. When Rooney plays poorly, why does he not get benched like the others?
because he is the captain
it's not a good excuse but that armband buys you reprieve from bad performances.
its why ivanovic was playing when every winger was lighting him up and why Bayern smartly sold bastian to us to avoid same situation (am interested in that Germany situation sef)

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by elampiro(m): 6:02pm On May 01, 2016
GBR1:

Let's say we even go with this as an agreement. When Rooney plays poorly, why does he not get benched like the others?

Rooney has not played poorly since his return from injury. Infact the two times he was substituted, our game fell. The first time, Lingard came on and we never moved forward. The second time, Herrera and Fellaini came on and we became clueless in midfield.

GBR1:

I can't argue against facts but what you have stated is relative. Most rankings online are saying the whole team didn't play that well so they got poor figures and it's only relative to other poor players that Rooney appeared good.
see this from Manchester Evening News for example; http://www.manchestereveningnews.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/man-utd-player-ratings-rojo-11270025

You will see even this rating put Rooney as one for the better performnce. This is why I said it's malicious to say he was poor. He did his job well of playing deep midfield.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Kagawa10: 6:04pm On May 01, 2016
codedguy1:

So this is your defence, after being called out.

Instead of you to apologise you are trying to justify your gaffe.

You are obviously visually impaired because this is not the first time you are displaying your visionlessness. The other day you were still seeing Rooney on the pitch after he had been substituted.

You better go and treat the glaucoma in your brain and the brain tumor that has affected your eyes.
I won't apologise!
You can go and die!
If you were actually contributing anything meaningful here, I would have been able to differentiate you!
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Kagawa10: 6:06pm On May 01, 2016
elampiro:

Southampton 4 Man City 1

Wished we won our match.

I knew City has a slow defence. Southampton killing them with pace. Mane on hatrick.
Hindsight!
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by GBR1(m): 6:09pm On May 01, 2016
elampiro:

Rooney has not played poorly since his return from injury. Infact the two times he was substituted, our game compared. The first time, Lingard came on and we never moved forward. The second time, Herrera and Fellaini came on and we became clueless in midfield.
Earlier in the season when he was stinking up the CF position, why did LVG fail to bench him?

You will see even this rating put Rooney as one for the better performnce. This is why I said it's malicious to say he was poor. He did his job well of playing deep midfield.
It seems you didn't get my inference earlier in my previous post. I said he played badly but it was relatively better than others. That's why he got a 6 and that was higher than most players who played badly too.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Kagawa10: 6:10pm On May 01, 2016
This kelechi boi wan put oil for our garri!
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by elampiro(m): 6:11pm On May 01, 2016
Kagawa10:

Whoscored always rate according to your stats.
They give point for shot taken, tackles, passing accuracy and it doesn't matter if it's useless side way or long ping to the wing etc.
I stopped taking their rating serious the moment they rated Rojo and Herrera as one of our best player against Westham in the F.A cup! I only visit there to check stat and not their rating,

Whoscored is still the most objective rating we have out there. Again when whoscored rate anyone 7.5 and above, just know the player had a good game. Particularly if the player had no Assist or a Goal or off the line defensive clearance that should ordinarily boost his rating. Moreso when the player got booked by the ref. This is why Rooney had a very good game.

I told you Herrera played well against West Ham Now you see? Whoscored is the the most reliable, it sees what the ordinary doesn't see. It uses over 200 items as criteria for rating. You close down 50/50 balls, your fast turning, everything. The can only be screwed where a defender failed in his duty but cope attacking stats, or substitution, a few things like that.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by elampiro(m): 6:12pm On May 01, 2016
Kagawa10:

Hindsight!

Not hindsight. I have always said if we could win our remaining league games we would finish top four. I also said City has a slow defence.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Nobody: 6:13pm On May 01, 2016
Dadehmola:

From all indications, LVG is set to remain at club next season and I don't see him drop Rooney. ..

Well done.

You're seeing what I'm seeing.

Do you wear glasses? cheesy grin
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by royale442(m): 6:13pm On May 01, 2016
elampiro:

Rooney has not played poorly since his return from injury. Infact the two times he was substituted, our game compared. The first time, Lingard came on and we never moved forward. The second time, Herrera and Fellaini came on and we became clueless in midfield.

Rooney has been good in that mid field.
His only shortcoming is shooting.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Kagawa10: 6:15pm On May 01, 2016
elampiro:

Whoscored is still the most objective rating we have out there. Again when whoscored rate anyone 7.5 and above, just know the player had a good game. Particularly if the player had no Assist or a Goal or off the line defensive clearance that should ordinarily boost his rating. Moreso when the player got booked by the ref. This is why Rooney had a very good game.

I told you Herrera played well against West Ham Now you see? Whoscored is the the most reliable, it sees what the ordinary doesn't see. It uses over 200 items as criteria for rating. You close down 50/50 balls, your fast turning, everything. The can only be screwed where a defender failed in his duty but cope attacking stats, or substitution, a few things like that.
Lol!
Rojo was rated above Herrera who was rated above Martial when Martial, Rashford, Carrick and Fellaini were our best outfield players against Westham.
Can you imagine deducting point because a player lost a ball due to dribbling or playing an ambitious pass?
Abeg!
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by GBR1(m): 6:16pm On May 01, 2016
Elampiro, i think you're spot on regards Rooney today. I still find it difficult to believe Rooney had a good game. Maybe i just expect too much him (as it should be) and my bias affected my view of him. I find him incredibly frustrating and annoying at times today.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by SIRcumalot: 6:16pm On May 01, 2016
I hope say pep dey watch kelechi? make him no turn am to "Mikel safety pass obi" when he show for here.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Kagawa10: 6:18pm On May 01, 2016
elampiro:

Not hindsight. I have always said if we could win our remaining league games we would finish top four. I also said City has a slow defence.
I meant our draw against Leicester!
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by elampiro(m): 6:20pm On May 01, 2016
GBR1:
Earlier in the season when he was stinking up the CF position, why did LVG fail to bench him?

Gaal was hoping he would improve, and Wilson proved worse when given the chance. But Rooney was scoring and assiting in his last 8 matches before his injury.
GBR1:

It seems you didn't get my inference earlier in my previous post. I said he played badly but it was relatively better than others. That's why he got a 6 and that was higher than most players who played badly too.

But 6 was the highest rating for any player. To me, Valencia, Martial, Rooney and Blind did very well today.

I also think to you have not been watching Leicester to know how they break fast from their midfield. If you had been watching them, you would know we did well in that department today.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Dadehmola: 6:21pm On May 01, 2016
Eastbay:

Well done.

You're seeing what I'm seeing.

Do you wear glasses? cheesy grin

cheesy cheesy

I actually came to that conclusion in December when the clueless Woodie had the perfect opportunity to kick out LVG but failed to do so..

An F.A cup win is almost certain to guarantee his place as UTD's manager next season, even if we finish 6th on the log!
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by elampiro(m): 6:25pm On May 01, 2016
Kagawa10:

I meant our draw against Leicester!

I was expecting us to win. It was a key game for our top four fight.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by codedguy1(m): 6:28pm On May 01, 2016
Kagawa10:

I won't apologise!
You can go and die!
If you were actually contributing anything meaningful here, I would have been able to differentiate you!

You are a visually impaired scallywag!

You think the gibberish you spew on this thread amounts to contributing something meaningful on your part.

How someone who manages to watch matches from the reflection in a bucket of water thinks he is contributing meaningfully is beyond me. You have exposed yourself as an imbec1le on this board with your contributions that make you also a clown on here.

GTFOH you dolt!

1 Like

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Nobody: 6:29pm On May 01, 2016
Dadehmola:

cheesy cheesy

I actually came to that conclusion in December when the clueless Woodie had the perfect opportunity to kick out LVG but failed to do so..

An F.A cup win is almost certain to guarantee his place as UTD's manager next season, even if we finish 6th on the log!

Dude,

Nothing left to say. You said it all (haven't answered my question on if you wear glasses).

I know a lot of folks are gonna be disappointed when van Gaal assumes the dugout in our opening fixture in August.

People are hoping but the reality is that he will not be sacked.

Let's prepare in advance for the heartache.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Dadehmola: 6:29pm On May 01, 2016
elampiro:

I was expecting us to win. It was a key game for our top four fight.

Even if we won, shebi we still get West Ham at Upton Park??

You fit beat your chest say we go win that match?

We blew our chances long ago jare. We just made it more painful today, considering the fact that city appear to be more interested In winning the UCL.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by elampiro(m): 6:31pm On May 01, 2016
Eastbay:

No sir.

Rodney's play today would suggest he had more of the ball. How can Fellaini be a #10 when he had far less touches?

Number 10 is a more advanced role than number 8.

Rooney played 8. He had the highest touches in the team. Followed by Blind and Valencia.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by GBR1(m): 6:31pm On May 01, 2016
elampiro:

Gaal was hoping he would improve, and Wilson proved worse when given the chance. But Rooney was scoring and assiting in his last 8 matches before his injury.
Earlier in the season, you said it was because we were creating few chances for Rooney and that's why he didn't score in many PL games. Then when his form improved actually improved early this year, you revised your theory saying that we were now creating chances for him. Rashford a 18 year old who has never played professional football came and used those same few chances we created and scored goals and that's why Rooney is failing to displace him currently. Your opinion regards Rooney has always been questionable from the start.
Now does LVG wait for other players to improve like Rooney before benching them if they play poorly? Didn't Martial get moved from the CF to the left initially even when Martial was doing well in that position?

But 6 was the highest rating for any player. To me, Valencia, Martial, Rooney and Blind did very well today.

I also think to you have not been watching Leicester to know how they break fast from their midfield. If you had been watching them, you would know we did well in that department today.
Our play through the middle was very conservative today maybe due to Leceister's midfield as you stated. Is a midfield of Kante and Drinkwater supposed to be better than our's? Our midfield deserves limited credit because they had to play so conservative to contain an ordinary Leceister's midfield and that's why they created so few through chances for Rashford.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by elampiro(m): 6:32pm On May 01, 2016
Dadehmola:

We blew our chances long ago jare. We just made it more painful today, considering the fact that city appear to be more interested In winning the UCL.

But we beat them there in the FA cup q/final.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Kagawa10: 6:32pm On May 01, 2016
Now that I think about it, apology to codedguy1. The Eediots who appointed themselves as your defenders really got on my nerve.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by SIRcumalot: 6:33pm On May 01, 2016
Eastbay:

Dude,

Nothing left to say. You said it all (haven't answered my question on if you wear glasses).

I know a lot of folks are gonna be disappointed when van Gaal assumes the dugout in our opening fixture in August.

People are hoping but the reality is that he will not be sacked.

Let's prepare in advance for the heartache.
all this Jose rumor no fit just be breeze.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Nobody: 6:33pm On May 01, 2016
Dadehmola:

We blew our chances long ago jare. We just made it more painful today.

I still don't get the enthusiasm and hope flying around here on finishing fourth.

Na say we get one game in hand?

Fellaini is likely to be banned 3 games retrospectively. West Ham will bully us in that game in hand. That is supposed to be the last game at Upton Park. They won't want to lose to us a second time in successive home fixtures.
This is added incentive to a side that normally gives us a tough fight on an average day.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by chrisley024(m): 6:35pm On May 01, 2016
SailorXY:

God forbid.
Nothing like God forbid. Lingard and Depay out for Mane, Mahrez and Kante is a big upgrade.

There's no hype about Kante, dude has been doing decent job since his days in France unless you're having dream on Bale, in the case of Mane and Mahrez, which will remain one. Besides I don't count Bastian and Carrick as players we should depend on cos of their old age and steady injuries.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by GBR1(m): 6:35pm On May 01, 2016
Kagawa10:
Now that I think about it, apology to codedguy1.
The Eediots who appointed themselves as your defenders really got on my nerve.
It seems codedguy1 has done a good job exposing your tomfoolery and now you have suddenly become sorry. undecided
You are one unrepentant clown. grin grin

(1) (2) (3) ... (2842) (2843) (2844) (2845) (2846) (2847) (2848) ... (14146) (Reply)

Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021

Viewing this topic: Jokerman(m) and 6 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 62
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.