Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,525 members, 7,819,887 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 05:07 AM

Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion - European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) (2851) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) / Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion (8742691 Views)

Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 / Manchester United Fan Thread: Premier League Champions 2010/11 / Manchester United Fan thread: Forever Reds (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (2848) (2849) (2850) (2851) (2852) (2853) (2854) ... (14155) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Kagawa10: 4:25pm On May 03, 2016
AdeLaNa1:
Leicester aren't winning shît next season. Europe is where they'll exposed. They'll be lucky if they even finish anywhere near the top 6 sef...
If they don't lose Kante, Mahrez, Fusch and Vardy and buy wisely with the revenues given to them for their league win and also Tv revenues. They are capable of going far.
I also notice apart from their centreback and Vardy, they have young pacy athletic players in their prime. Same as Spurs. No wonder both team, especially their young fresh athletic midfield were doing well against the sluggish midfield of the top team like Matic/obi, Fabregas, Carrick, Fellaini, Rooney/Mata, Ozil, Ramsey etc.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by lekkie073(m): 4:28pm On May 03, 2016
olabode89:

Bros no be the same thing at all.... Nottingham won the league and European Cup back to back... no be beans o

You call winning the European cup "lucky". Then it was a straight knockout competition for only champions of the various leagues, haba!
what exactly is "no be d same thing"
I am comparing how Nottingham won d epl in a one-off fashion to d present leicester who I believe might be a one-off champion too. which one be 'no b d same'....I no understand again o grin
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Kagawa10: 4:31pm On May 03, 2016
TheNonce:

Herrera? _Shit @ bilbao? So what sort of performances forced man united to sign him then?

If I begin e-slap this confused twunt now, dem go begin talk say 'I don come again oh' like fela!
Herrera was shite in his last season at Bilbao.
Manutd had no option than to sign him because of the agreement in the previous season.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Kagawa10: 4:43pm On May 03, 2016
tess1:

Exactly what i was expecting from you. When your clownish talk is busted, you resort to calling people "eediots" "yeye". This has become your regular trademark. You should learn to keep your childish talk away whenever you come online.

I shouldn`t depend on whoscored that tracks every contribution made by every player on the field of play. So i should depend on you who saw nothing good in what herrera did when he came on against Everton despite him winning the free kick that started the goal and making an asisst but you who kept on defending Lingard despite his rubbish play yesterday with statements like "the only thing lacking with Lingard is the end product" "had a hand in our goal, his pace &link up play...." "Lingard isn`t a coward, at least he`s still showing up for the ball despite his limited skills". All these mediocre escuses for a player that was running all over like a headless chicken.
Wetin this one dey talk.
Whoscored rating is based on some unnecessary stats. Points are given for stats like Pass accuracy even if it was sideways like that of Herrera, long passing even it were unnecessary and predictable like that of Rooney, distance covered etc and all dem unnecessary stats and so-on.
I only visit there to check the stats of players and not their rating.
I'm sure Rojo was rated higher than Martial in the westham F.a cup match for his distance covered, endless crosses, pass accuracy etc. As a matter of fact, whoscored tends to rate player who tends to run more on the pitch for their distance covered. Doesn't matter whether they were useless or not while doing so.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by GBR1(m): 4:44pm On May 03, 2016
Kagawa10:

Manutd had no option than to sign him because of the agreement in the previous season.
No one is gonna debate Herrera is a world class player(even at the time we signed him) but he's far from this piece of sh.it you are trying to paint as him.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Kagawa10: 4:47pm On May 03, 2016
GBR1:

No one is gonna debate Herrera is a world class player(even at the time we signed him) but he's far from this piece of sh.it you are trying to paint as him.
Doesn't dispute that he was shite as a no 10 in his last season at Bilbao though which is what i'm laying emphasis on.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Nobody: 4:55pm On May 03, 2016
hensben:
see beef. Why are you always pained over other club's success huh. Hope nor be so you be for real life.
Which other clubs?? Name them.

Besides, its only useless clubs like Chelsea who are comfortable with mid-table mediocrity that ll be celebrating a team from relegation winning the league.

Now tell me why a United fan ll be angry/pained bcoz of Leicester?? I'm only annoyed bcoz United also had a good chance of winning the league and blew it. It has nothing to do with Leicester winning the league.

Anyways, u're always talking like a retârd on NL. Hope u aint like that in real life??
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Nobody: 4:55pm On May 03, 2016
olabode89:

Bros no be the same thing at all.... Nottingham won the league and European Cup back to back... no be beans o

You call winning the European cup "lucky". Then it was a straight knockout competition for only champions of the various leagues, haba!

+1 sir.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Kagawa10: 5:02pm On May 03, 2016
SailorXY:
we are not talking player rating you slimy maggot, anyone can conjure rating just staring @ livescore.com like you. we are looking @ quantifiable data.
Whoscored says Kante has only 4 assists in nearly 3000 minutes this season playing as a CM, 0.5 shots/game, 81% pass accuracy.
oga Titus is this true or false?
Lol!
You haven't answered the question on the no of assist Moussa Dembele, gundogan had while operating in a 3-man midfield as opposed to Kante who start his move from the DM position as a result of being in a 2-man midfield. You don't expect him to constantly take shot from his DM position from where he often start his move.
Also, Kante plays in a counter-attacking setup. Hence, you can't expect him to have high passing accuracy in that setup. You probably need to check and compare Hummel passing accuracy stat under Klopp's counter-attacking setup and Tuchel's possession based setup
Even Fergie mentioned that Kante has been the best player in the league this season. You need to go and contest that with Fergie.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Nobody: 5:02pm On May 03, 2016
TheNonce:

“I’m a coach, a manager who would
rather have some authority but every day the players can read about me being sacked, what do you think that does to my authority with my players as well? What do you think about the way they want to follow my advice when the coach is shown like a nobody?

“And I am not what the media is writing
because I am very arrogant, because I am one of the best managers in the world.

“I am happy to give the fans a final, but Their expectations are too high. We are in a period of transition. The players feel that. It’s not so easy.”

Louis van gaal....raking on football365.com

3 more games....................hopefully!
Expectations are too high?? WTF? Were we not top of the league in October. Or were the expectations also too high for Leicester this season??

Chai! Words are not enough to express my disgust for this excuse of a human being we call our manager.....
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Kagawa10: 5:08pm On May 03, 2016
AdeLaNa1:
Expectations are too high?? WTF? Were we not top of the league in October. Or were the expectations also too high for Leicester this season??

Chai! Words are not enough to express my disgust for this excuse of a human being we call our msnager.....
What you are failing to get is Leicester has a good team though. The likes of Fusch, Vardy, Mahrez, Kante and their centrebacks would slot seamlessly into our starting 11. That's about 7 players and with a very good goalkeeper to complete their starting 11.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by GBR1(m): 5:08pm On May 03, 2016
Kagawa10:

Doesn't dispute that he was shite as a no 10 in his last season at Bilbao though which is what i'm laying emphasis on.
No. you have always said he's sh.it at almost every chance you get and blame him for a couple of our woes. Don't try to deny it now, it would do you no good.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by olabode89(m): 5:11pm On May 03, 2016
lekkie073:
what exactly is "no be d same thing"
I am comparing how Nottingham won d epl in a one-off fashion to d present leicester who I believe might be a one-off champion too. which one be 'no b d same'....I no understand again o grin

What i meant was that after winning the league in 1977/78 season they went on to win the European cup in 1978/79 season, 1979/80 season and the 1979 UEFA Super Cup. The also won the league cup of 1977/78 and 1978/79 seasons.

I get your point though of them winning the league in a one-off fashion. I was only stating that they were not a regular one-hit wonder as the won other competitions after the league triumph.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Nobody: 5:12pm On May 03, 2016
Eastbay:

I heard they played only 5 cup games. Including a replay.

They were fresh through out the season.
Even they themselves did not set out to win the title. I do not believe they did, especially since they barely survived last season.

I think their squad needs to be bigger. If they have strength in depth they will finish high. This title win doesn't place extra burden on them because it's a fairy tale and they are the underdog, even as league champs.

It will be interesting to see how they juggle the demands of Europe with defending their crown. Even Ranieri has admitted that next season the regulars will bounce back.

Yh. And history proves again, that the less matches u play, the higher ur chances of winning the league. Liverpool + Gerrard were only foolish eough to ve allowed the league slip away from their grasp in 2014.

Anyways if Leicester are to be compete on all four fronts nxt season, they'll ve to reinforce their ranks. And tell me, how many ambitious world class players will want to go to Leicester just bcoz dey won d league??
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Kagawa10: 5:15pm On May 03, 2016
GBR1:

No. you have always said he's sh.it at almost every chance you get and blame him for a couple of our woes. Don't try to deny it now, it would do you no good.
Lol!
You don start your spinning theory again.
When did I mention that I never said he was a shite player?
People brought up his Bilbao stints, believing he was good and I just had to tell them that he was shite, still shite and forever shite.
And why won't I be on him when he's been part of the players who were woeful this season?
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by olabode89(m): 5:20pm On May 03, 2016
Kagawa10:

What you are failing to get is Leicester has a good team though. The likes of Fusch, Vardy, Mahrez, Kante and their centrebacks would slot seamlessly into our starting 11. That's about 7 players and with a very good goalkeeper to complete their starting 11.

LMAO..... Morgan, Fusch and Huth slot into our starting eleven.... based on the performance of one season alone, bros relax nau!

Morgan before the commencement of this season was known for making school-boy errors with his "jam-body" style football. Huth a Chelsea and Stoke reject... lmao.

Kante, Mahrez and Vardy are good players but we can only judge them after a season in a traditional powerhouse. Doe this name ring a bell... Darren Bent...? He scored 31 goals in 68 matches for Charlton, stepped up to Spurs and couldn't replicate his previous output scoring 18 goals in 60 matches. he stepped down to lower teams such as Sunderland (32 goals in 58 matches) and Villa (21 goals in 61 matches)

Kante is the only ninja in the Leicester team that looks like the real deal followed by Mahrez....
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by GBR1(m): 5:23pm On May 03, 2016
Kagawa10:

What agreement did United have with Bilbao the previous season to sign him? Proof please. So far i only know we tabled a bid that season and Bilbao rejected it. So if Herrera performed worse in the successive season, why would United even table and increased bid for him?
Kagawa10:

Lol!
You don start your spinning theory again.
When did I mention that I never said he was a shite player?
People brought up his Bilbao stints, believing he was good and I just had to tell them that he was shite, still shite and forever shite.
And why won't I be on him when he's been part of the players who were woeful this season?
I know some players deserve some stick but what about the most important figure LVG? Why have you not admitted he's sh.it?
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by GBR1(m): 5:28pm On May 03, 2016
Fellani and Huth have been charged by the FA.
http://www.bbc.com/sport/football/36185450
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Nobody: 5:33pm On May 03, 2016
AdeLaNa1:
Yh. And history proves again, that the less matches u play, the higher ur chances of winning the league. Liverpool + Gerrard were only foolish eough to ve allowed the league slip away from their grasp in 2014.

Anyways if Leicester are to be compete on all four fronts nxt season, they'll ve to reinforce their ranks. And tell me, how many ambitious world class players will want to go to Leicester just bcoz dey won d league??

Liverpool thought they had won it before the league was over.
I saw something I had never seen in all my years of watching soccer/football. . .Liverpool fans celebrating the arrival of their team before a league game vs City. . .You would think it was a victory parade, but it was only before a crucial league game.

No doubt you can win the league playing less games, but if you think that a useless team like Arsenal and also Chelsea played less games in Europe than we did this season, and are about to end the season trophiless, I really don't think it holds up. But playing less games may help, though to an extent.

For me, you have to have a side that is fit most of the season and one that is fresh, either through less games or a deep rotated squad.
Plus a nice spread of fixtures so that a set of games doesn't set you back to the point where you are playing catch-up.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Kagawa10: 5:42pm On May 03, 2016
olabode89:

LMAO..... Morgan, Fusch and Huth slot into our starting eleven.... based on the performance of one season alone, bros relax nau!

Morgan before the commencement of this season was known for making school-boy errors with his "jam-body" style football. Huth a Chelsea and Stoke reject... lmao.

Kante, Mahrez and Vardy are good players but we can only judge them after a season in a traditional powerhouse. Doe this name ring a bell... Darren Bent...? He scored 31 goals in 68 matches for Charlton, stepped up to Spurs and couldn't replicate his previous output scoring 18 goals in 60 matches. he stepped down to lower teams such as Sunderland (32 goals in 58 matches) and Villa (21 goals in 61 matches)

Kante is the only ninja in the Leicester team that looks like the real deal followed by Mahrez....
Despite the turbulence season, Morgan was still Leicester's best defender last season who helped them in their relegation fight. All he needed was a good defender to partner him in the heart of the defence. Infact, There's nothing Smalling has offered this season that Morgan and Huth hasn't done.
I would also say the problem of Darren was with Spurs. Spurs are fond of signing strikers who relies on the creativity of their team yet Spurs failed to support them with creativity. If Spurs won't built the team around these strikers like the small club does because these strikers aint worldclass nor special players then they atleast should have support them with enough creativity. Infact, prior to the introduction of the creative Alli and Kane who's capable of fashioning out his own chance, Spurs have been notorious for being the least creative team in the league yet still expected unspectacular decent players like Darren Bent etc to be firing on all cylinders? In their dreams!
Also, Vardy has been good for England, even when deployed on the wing to accommodate Kane in the centre.
Fusch has been the best fullback in the league this season.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by olabode89(m): 5:48pm On May 03, 2016
Eastbay:

+1 sir.

Yeah my bad... league was once and European Cup back to back........... thanks
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Nobody: 5:51pm On May 03, 2016
Eastbay:

Liverpool thought they had won it before the league was over.
I saw something I had never seen in all my years of watching soccer/football. . .Liverpool fans celebrating the arrival of their team before a league game vs City. . .You would think it was a victory parade, but it was only before a crucial league game.
Liverpool had only demselves to blame. I think they still won dat City game. But after dat, they started playing like dey had won d league. They lost to Chelsea, and they surrendered a 3 goal lead and drew after that(cant remember who dey played).

No doubt you can win the league playing less games, but if you think that a useless team like Arsenal and also Chelsea played less games in Europe than we did this season, and are about to end the season trophiless, I really don't think it holds up. But playing less games may help, though to an extent.[quote]Arsenal is just useless. Even if dey had only EPL to play and dey were the only team in d said EPL, dey won't still win it. As for Chelsea, i still haven't figured that one out yet. And playing less games definitely helps. That's why i'm afraid of Liverpool if they dont qualify for any European tourney nxt season. Especially now dat dey have Klopp.

[quote]
For me, you have to have a side that is fit most of the season and one that is fresh, either through less games or a deep rotated squad.
Plus a nice spread of fixtures so that a set of games doesn't set you back to the point where you are playing catch-up.
Yh. Apart from LVG, and ghe fact that he thinned out the squad last summer, our greatest undoing dis season has been injuries. And the unavailability of players to fill the said injured players positions no thanks to LVG. Apart frpm those two aspects, we had a title challenging team that was capable of winning the league.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Nobody: 5:51pm On May 03, 2016
olabode89:

Yeah my bad... league was once and European Cup back to back........... thanks

Nah,

I was commending your post about winning the old European Cup back to back.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Nobody: 5:53pm On May 03, 2016
AdeLaNa1:
Liverpool had only demselves to blame. I think they still won dat City game. But after dat, they started playing like dey had won d league. They lost to Chelsea, and they surrendered a 3 goal lead and drew after that(cant remember who dey played).
It was Crystal Palace.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by olabode89(m): 5:54pm On May 03, 2016
Kagawa10:

Despite the turbulence season, Morgan was still Leicester's best defender last season who helped them in their relegation fight. All he needed was a good defender to partner him in the heart of the defence. Infact, There's nothing Smalling has offered this season that Morgan and Huth hasn't done.
I would also say the problem of Darren was with Spurs. Spurs are fond of signing strikers who relies on the creativity of their team yet Spurs failed to support them with creativity. If Spurs won't built the team around these strikers because they aint worldclass nor special players like the small club does, then they just have to support them with enough creativity. Infact, prior to the introduction of the creative Alli and Kane who's capable of fashioning out his own chance, Spurs have been notorious for being the least creative team in the league yet expected unspectacular decent players like Darren Bent etc to be firing on all cylinders? In their dreams!
Also, Vardy has been good for England, even when deployed on the wing to accommodate Kane in the centre.

Cool... I agree with you concerning the Bent/Spurs saga but i do not agree with the assessment of Huth and Morgan. Morgan especially will be found out in a team that plays a highline where the CBs are expected to be decent on the ball with little or no cover from a DM. I don't need to say much about Huth... he couldn't make it at Chelsea and was shipped out at Stoke when mark Hughes was doing a re-branding job on the team.

Vardy has got the required tools to excel in a big team but i fear the pace will be history in 3 years time, the ninja is already 29 years old.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by tess1(m): 5:59pm On May 03, 2016
Kagawa10:

Wetin this one dey talk.
Whoscored rating is based on some unnecessary stats. Points are given for stats like Pass accuracy even if it was sideways like that of Herrera, long passing even it were unnecessary and predictable like that of Rooney, distance covered etc and all dem unnecessary stats and so-on.
I only visit there to check the stats of players and not their rating.
I'm sure Rojo was rated higher than Martial in the westham F.a cup match for his distance covered, endless crosses, pass accuracy etc. As a matter of fact, whoscored tends to rate player who tends to run more on the pitch for their distance covered. Doesn't matter whether they were useless or not while doing so.

You no know ball in @elampiro's voice.

Herrera having sideways passes when stats showed that he had the second highest number of key passes and highest number of through balls in his last season at Bilbao. Does that add up? Or was he playing as a winger from the number 10 position he played then? Does that add up? You don't even know why he was the most rated player in that team. All you know of a number 10 is his assists without thinking of the quality of striker that is playing in front of him. Though, i'm not surprised that you don't even know that through balls are usually forward passes.

Abeg, go find something else doing. You no know ball at all.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Kagawa10: 6:15pm On May 03, 2016
olabode89:

Cool... I agree with you concerning the Bent/Spurs saga but i do not agree with the assessment of Huth and Morgan. Morgan especially will be found out in a team that plays a highline where the CBs are expected to be decent on the ball with little or no cover from a DM. I don't need to say much about Huth... he couldn't make it at Chelsea and was shipped out at Stoke when mark Hughes was doing a re-branding job on the team.

Vardy has got the required tools to excel in a big team but i fear the pace will be history in 3 years time, the ninja is already 29 years old.
Smalling plays for us though.
Also, Huth was a very good defender at Stoke but due to being branded a limited player and dirty defender, Hughes deemed him not good enough for his fanny team of Muniesa, Bojan krikc, Joselu, Afflelay and all dem fanny players. Hughes just tore down what made Stoke a difficult team to play against. Even Shawcross had only started limited matches this season compared to the no of games he often had under Pulis.
Although Morgan and Huth's on the ball ability may be limited but they are good defenders. I quite agree they may not be good enough for a top team, especially for the height we are aspiring to be but right now that we have Smalling in the team, I don't see how they are incapable of displacing him in the team because they all offer what Smalling offers, if not better.
Let me also say that Fusch has been the best fullback in the league this season.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Kagawa10: 6:22pm On May 03, 2016
tess1:

You no know ball in @elampiro's voice.

Herrera having sideways passes when stats showed that he had the second highest number of key passes and highest number of through balls in his last season at Bilbao. Does that add up? Or was he playing as a winger from the number 10 position he played then? Does that add up? You don't even know why he was the most rated player in that team. All you know of a number 10 is his assists without thinking of the quality of striker that is playing in front of him. Though, i'm not surprised that you don't even know that through balls are usually forward passes.

Abeg, go find something else doing. You no know ball at all.
Lol!
Where? In the league? Or for his team?
Where Messi dey then?
If you mean for his team, it's not surprising as he was their no 10.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Kagawa10: 6:33pm On May 03, 2016
GBR1:

What agreement did United have with Bilbao the previous season to sign him? Proof please. So far i only know we tabled a bid that season and Bilbao rejected it. So if Herrera performed worse in the successive season, why would United even table and increased bid for him?

I know some players deserve some stick but what about the most important figure LVG? Why have you not admitted he's sh.it?
We didn't up the bid! We only had Herrera to do the payment. That's how Bilbao operates because apart from the players tendering the bid, the bidding team would have to pay for the tax on the clause and all the miscellaneous, apart from the clause itself.
Also, the fact that player wanting to leave Bilbao would already have gone far in their deal with the interested party because they are the one expected to make the direct payment.
As per Vangaal, I blamed him for his failure to bring in quality players into the team, especially the holding midfield position shouldn't have been patched up with a crocked player (Bastian) and in the least should have sign in a quality creative playmaker as he already should have known by last season that Mata is just Mata and Herrera is an inconsistent player.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by SailorXY: 6:52pm On May 03, 2016
Kagawa10:

1 Like

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Kagawa10: 7:02pm On May 03, 2016
SailorXY:
Na you sabi.
As far as I'm concerned, majority of them has been the best in their position in the league this season.
Fuchs has been the best fullback!
Mahrez, the best winger!
Kante, the best central midfielder!
Vardy, second best striker after Kane!
Morgan and Huth has been one of the best defenders in the league!
What do you have to say to that?
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by royale442(m): 7:04pm On May 03, 2016
Kagawa10:

with Van Gaal as the manager?

(1) (2) (3) ... (2848) (2849) (2850) (2851) (2852) (2853) (2854) ... (14155) (Reply)

Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021

Viewing this topic: OVA200(m), Ibukzy, LordAdam16 and 3 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 88
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.