Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,299 members, 7,811,890 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 10:25 PM

Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion - European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) (3014) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) / Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion (8684366 Views)

Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 / Manchester United Fan Thread: Premier League Champions 2010/11 / Manchester United Fan thread: Forever Reds (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (3011) (3012) (3013) (3014) (3015) (3016) (3017) ... (14145) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by MrTA(m): 10:16pm On Jun 27, 2016
Rooney grin grin grin
Hope Jose was watching. Please, as far away from our midfield as possible.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by slimghost(m): 10:18pm On Jun 27, 2016
I can see Elampiro peeping. Lol. I am sure he lacks the words to describe Rooney's performance tonight.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by raumdeuter: 10:21pm On Jun 27, 2016
Shakara don end o

Shakara don end o

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AgpQNENsmo4

1 Like

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by elampiro(m): 10:22pm On Jun 27, 2016

What a calamity!

Rashford, in the few minutes he got, did better than the rest English players. If only he came on earlier. I would still take Barkely over Dele Ali in that number 10. And Clyne is their best number 2 with his attacking sense

England played like Gaal. Spent 3 minutes passing in midfield, then make a long pass forward and the ball is lost. They only had purpose in the last 20 minutes.

The second goal was too cheap to concede. Upon all his experience, Cahil was so easily shaken off, and Hart is a calamity. He is at fault for three of four goals England conceded in this tournament.

I am not happy because I always want England to do well.

1 Like

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by codedguy1(m): 10:35pm On Jun 27, 2016
tess1:
Hogson have resigned.

So England is looking for a new coach and new prime minister at the same time.

its a disaster!

4 Likes

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by GBR1(m): 10:38pm On Jun 27, 2016
elampiro:

What a calamity!

Rashford, in the few minutes he got, did better than the rest English players. If only he came on earlier. I would still take Barkely over Dele Ali in that number 10. And Clyne is their best number 2 with his attacking sense

England played like Gaal. Spent 3 minutes passing in midfield, then make a long pass forward and the ball is lost. They only had purpose in the last 20 minutes.

The second goal was too cheap to concede. Upon all his experience, Cahil was so easily shaken off, and Hart is a calamity. He is at fault for three of four goals England conceded in this tournament.

I am not happy because I always want England to do well.

Shame suppose dey catch you. Elampiro-the ultimate Rooney defender. Wetin you won talk about hin performance today?

grin grin
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by joeace2020(m): 10:49pm On Jun 27, 2016
GBR1:
Shame suppose dey catch you. Elampiro-the ultimate Rooney defender. Wetin you won talk about hin performance today?

grin grin

It is now we will know whether he is a true football fan or just looking to start arguments here
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by joeace2020(m): 11:23pm On Jun 27, 2016
Meanwhile funniest comment ever from the dailymail.....

Please rate Woy. On a scale of Moyes to Van Gaal, how clueless has he been
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by SailorXY: 11:33pm On Jun 27, 2016
GBR1:

grin grin
wetin you want make he talk?
i said it very early in LvG's career @ United that if he insists on finding a role for Rooney even when there are better performers, na there his failure go start.
the exact same thing awaits Mourinho. any sentimental bollocks he will not see out his first contract as well.
this thing is just madness, who brings up this conversion idea nonsense? if you can't win your original spot fück off to the bench. simple!

just look @ Rashford in few minutes. My God! that guy must make it @ United...
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by GBR1(m): 11:47pm On Jun 27, 2016
@SailorXY, Moyes who gave Rooney his fat contract, LVG who insisted his captain must always play, and now Roy Hodgson are 3 coaches who've failed ridiculously due a lot of factors but the major one in common is the Rooney factor. Mourinho would very likely end up the same way if he follows their path. Rooney is simply finished and should be moved on from. We would never have any real form of progress with this guy still around. It's the truth.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by raumdeuter: 11:54pm On Jun 27, 2016
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by elrony(m): 12:22am On Jun 28, 2016
England cheesy
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by raumdeuter: 12:24am On Jun 28, 2016
chic2pimp:

Had Lampard's perfectly legal goal been allowed to stand, The lions would have gone on to win that game. They had u lot on the ropes.

Weda na friendly abi na enemyly dat wan no concern me. Hitlers boys sure took a helluva beating that night. Much the same way Churchill smacked him during the war. Half a century of hurt would not stop the Three Lions from whopping you lot silly when next they meet. Just accept the "L" in advance.

When this game wan be
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Nobody: 12:34am On Jun 28, 2016
I can never support England again. Useless National Team. Anyways, can Rooney just die!! Azzin he should sleep and not wake up if he still insists on calling himself a footballer. Abeg we dont need all this rubbish at United.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by coded01: 12:51am On Jun 28, 2016
Some people after last night's game...Be like...

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by A40(m): 1:06am On Jun 28, 2016
[size=24pt]BURN THE EPL DOWN[/size]
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by elrony(m): 2:17am On Jun 28, 2016
A40:
[size=24pt]BURN THE EPL DOWN[/size]
nah buddy,it's Burnthisleaguedown (bundesliga aka bayernliga) cheesy
"burnthisleaguedown" is the dictionary meaning of "bundesliga".
if in doubt as Pataki!!!! cheesy
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by A40(m): 2:33am On Jun 28, 2016
elrony:

nah buddy,it's Burnthisleaguedown (bundesliga aka bayernliga) cheesy

"burnthisleaguedown" is the dictionary meaning of "bundesliga".

if in doubt as Pataki!!!! cheesy
Any league whose players got knocked out of a major competition by a country with less than 400,000 people ought to be BURNT DOWN worse than the Sept of Baelor in GOT

3 Likes

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by raumdeuter: 3:15am On Jun 28, 2016
A40:

Any league whose players got knocked out of a major competition by a country with less than 400,000 people ought to be BURNT DOWN worse than the Sept of Baelor in GOT

According to ibime the are 40,000 male between the ages of 20 and 40 in Iceland. That's less than the crowd in St James park every weekend

Epl really needs to be burnt down to ashes
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by RooRuudRonSaha(m): 4:41am On Jun 28, 2016
EPL is overrated just the three goats. They are the best at winning friendlies. Germany to lift the trophy.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by igbsam(m): 5:44am On Jun 28, 2016
Rooney is full of shyt. Elampiro, if you attempt to support this guy here ever again, na thunder go whooze u slap angry Rooney is past his prime and ought to retire from national and club football (he can as well go to dubai to collect salary). The guy is a national disaster.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by raumdeuter: 6:31am On Jun 28, 2016
Pataki:

This English team of yesterday will crush any team that faces them.

Germany will not go beyond the quarter final next year.

Quote me next year!

Dindinrin Pataki

I am quoting you like you requested

1 Like

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by chrisley024(m): 7:44am On Jun 28, 2016
From the 19' Iceland scored their last goal England couldn't get just a goal against Iceland of all team. *spits*

None of my business sha. I dey support Darmian and Italy grin
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by chic2pimp(m): 7:54am On Jun 28, 2016
raumdeuter:

When this game wan be

England simply underratd their Icelandic counterparts. They thought It would be a walkover alas it wasn't. Still have no doubt about the result had the three lions faced the Nazis. One way ticket back to Berlin
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Elxandre(m): 8:20am On Jun 28, 2016
Oh my God!
Ramdeuter and A40

EPL is thrash but too many of belgium's star players are EPL based.

You've started another poor argument.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by elampiro(m): 8:37am On Jun 28, 2016
GBR1:

grin grin

Is Rooney the first player to have a bad game? He has done well in midfield for two months until yesterday. Even natural midfielders do have bad days. Sometimes you need other players to lift the day.

However, England lost it to the poor Joe Hart and Cahil who left his defensive sense at home.

1 Like

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by elampiro(m): 8:52am On Jun 28, 2016
igbsam:
Rooney is full of shyt. Elampiro, if you attempt to support this guy here ever again, na thunder go whooze u slap angry Rooney is past his prime and ought to retire from national and club football (he can as well go to dubai to collect salary). The guy is a national disaster.

Wetin dey worry you. But for Rooney we lost that FA cup final. Rooney wasn't the worst player for England yesterday despite having a bad day in about two months.

Why didn't the rest players lift the day? Dele Alli, Kane and Sturridge that have been hailed as the Messi's of EPL, what did they do?

Hodgson fell for the old trick of counting on players who are shining at the moment. Barkely, Henderson, Clyne would have done a better job than those players who were brought in due to one season wonder. It is also unfortunate that such players as Chamberlain, Welbeck who offer pace were injured and the other two barely looked fit, that is Wilshere and Sturridge.

1 Like

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Diademk07: 8:58am On Jun 28, 2016
SailorXY:

wetin you want make he talk?
i said it very early in LvG's career @ United that if he insists on finding a role for Rooney even when there are better performers, na there his failure go start.
the exact same thing awaits Mourinho. any sentimental bollocks he will not see out his first contract as well.
this thing is just madness, who brings up this conversion idea nonsense? if you can't win your original spot fück off to the bench. simple!

just look @ Rashford in few minutes. My God! that guy must make it @ United...
You should know Rooney is England golden boy and media darling na. Any attempt to put him on the bench would backfire. There were even a lot of troubles when Fergie tried to play him on the left or sat him on the bench.
The funny thing is Fergie who can do no wrong by the media tried to pave way for Rooney sale in order to prevent such trouble happening with the new coach, only for Moyes to tie him down to a 5yrs contract.
One thing that always baffles me is how he would sulk and throw tantrums that the midfield isn't his position after several bad games in that position but when he eventually does well in that same midfield position after poor performances in the striker role, he claims it's his best position and the cycle repeat itself.

1 Like

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Diademk07: 9:07am On Jun 28, 2016
elampiro:

Wetin dey worry you. But for Rooney we lost that FA cup final. Rooney wasn't the worst player for England yesterday despite having a bad day in about two months.

Why didn't the rest players lift the day? Dele Alli, Kane and Sturridge that have been hailed as the Messi's of EPL, what did they do?

Hodgson fell for the old trick of counting on players who are shining at the moment. Barkely, Henderson, Clyne would have done a better job than those players who were brought in due to one season wonder. It is also unfortunate that such players as Chamberlain, Welbeck who offer pace were injured and the other two barely looked fit, that is Wilshere and Sturridge.

The embolden should have played. He's not a great technician but he has fantastic vision in his arsenal, so is his long ball which often cut opposition open unlike Rooney predictable long ball to the wing.
Anyway sha, Rooney was poor yesterday. In fact, he was one of the worst players on the pitch..
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by parrotibaba(m): 9:32am On Jun 28, 2016
Wait so folks being de support England to go far in this competition? shocked The three snails are an overrated bunch alongside their coach. Shey I said it here(or was it on chelsea's thread) after the Germany game that England are friendly and qualifiers champions, when they reach the big stage, they flop as usual. When they handed the reins over to Roy who nearly relegated Liverpool in 2010 na when I know say England no serious grin grin How can someone that calls himself a good coach start a Shaquile Sterling who has been utter sh1t since the beginning of this competition? Iceland deserve every aspect of the win yesterday.

And make Jose no carry new contract give rooney so that the ninja can go to China or mls and give us space in that squad.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by elampiro(m): 9:39am On Jun 28, 2016
[email][/email]
Diademk07:

The embolden should have played. He's not a great technician but he has fantastic vision in his
arsenal, so is his long ball which often cut opposition open unlike Rooney predictable long ball to the wing.
Anyway sha, Rooney was poor yesterday. In fact, he was one of the worst players on the pitch..

He didn't do well but he started well and got worse with time, particularly second half. After a few misplaced passes, his confidence ran out. There is the problem of attempting to dribble but he lost that ball in three consecutive attempts, and that completely was shattering. May be he should have just done the simple pass or lob the ball into the box, because for years he has not been playing that way - dribbling in final third. It worked for him against Wales but he failed woefully at those attempts last night.

But for poor players. Look at Cahil, Kane, Hart.

England

Hart 4 - Guilty of another howler for Sigthorsson's goal. Perhaps needs some time out.

Walker 6 - Left Sigurdsson for the equaliser but at least showed intent going forward
Cahill 4 - Also culpable for Iceland's second goal. Wasteful when given time on ball
Smalling 4 - Constantly dragged out of position and looked uncomfortable in possession.
Rose 6 - One of England's better performers – both defensively and going forward.
Alli 6 - Inexperienced showed at times but at least tried to make things happen.
Dier 5 - Often left on his own in the centre of midfield and looked to be injured. Subbed.
Rooney 6 - Scored his sixth Euros goal from the spot and did what he could to get England going
Sturridge 5 - Too many touches with no product. Out of position on the right. Booked.
Kane 4 - A shadow of the player who won the Golden Boot. First touch has gone completely.
Sterling 5 - Won the early penalty but it's clear that his confidence is shot. Subbed
Wilshere 5 - Still looked short of fitness and sharpness after being asked to save England
Vardy 5 - Gave England more movement up front but service lacking.
Rashford ( for Rooney, 86)
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by A40(m): 9:52am On Jun 28, 2016
Elxandre:
Oh my God!
Ramdeuter and A40

EPL is thrash but too many of their star players are EPL based.

You've started another poor argument.
What is poor about the argument? After last night it is as clear as daylight that the EPL needs to be BURNT DOWN!

What you paraded was essentially an EPL all-star team that could not beat a country with fewer people than the average crowd you would find in Redemption Camp on Holy Ghost Night. What a disgrace

Some of those Icelandic players are accountants and fuel attendants FFS

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (3011) (3012) (3013) (3014) (3015) (3016) (3017) ... (14145) (Reply)

Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021

Viewing this topic: nitrogen(m) and 9 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 54
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.