Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,753 members, 7,817,083 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 03:58 AM

Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion - European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) (3185) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) / Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion (8723439 Views)

Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 / Manchester United Fan Thread: Premier League Champions 2010/11 / Manchester United Fan thread: Forever Reds (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (3182) (3183) (3184) (3185) (3186) (3187) (3188) ... (14146) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by elrony(m): 10:39pm On Aug 19, 2016
Egbon Pataki hope you took my earlier advice?

No awoof party
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by codedguy1(m): 10:39pm On Aug 19, 2016
PietroRico:
Martial bottom level still better than peak Depay tbh.
And he will pick up

I liked the way he started running with the ball a couple of time before he was subbed. He will regain his confidence.

Mikhis touches are sublime, I can only imagine him playing behind zlatan.

Fellini is a born again player.

Some people are just waiting for us to lose or have a bad game. E dey pain then say we dey win. Just to berate Mourinho, pogba and Herrera.

It's just a shame.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by liveLongNprospa(m): 10:39pm On Aug 19, 2016
Diademk07:

Lol!

My problem with Pogba is he isn't worth 40mil let alone 89mil pounds. He's the definition of looking good but with little productivity apart from doing tricks and taking shots.

He's an improvement on Herrera in the middle but not the CM we need. He's an offensive box-box player that plays like a no 10 but not a no 10 either.

Anyway, all our opposition so far has been quite easy with moment of individual brilliance from our side doing the magic. Let see how long it continues.
I feel like bíítch slapping you so bad angry angry angry

12 Likes

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by elampiro(m): 10:40pm On Aug 19, 2016
AdisaOwala:
Phil Jones couldnt make the bench again...

Elampiro, I am worried sick cry sad

Let’s enjoy the ones we see on the pitch.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by AdisaOwala: 10:40pm On Aug 19, 2016
Diademk07:

Lol!

My problem with Pogba is he isn't worth 40mil let alone 89mil pounds. He's the definition of looking good but with little productivity apart from doing tricks and taking shots.

He's an improvement on Herrera in the middle but not the CM we need. He's an offensive box-box player that plays like a no 10 but not a no 10 either.

Anyway, all our opposition so far has been quite easy with moment of individual brilliance from our side doing the magic. Let see how long it continues.

This pessimism of yours is most unnecessary oga...

It's been a while since the team managed to put in a performance reminiscent of our Glory days under Sir Alex..yet you are here hating like a city Cop just because that fat, clueless impostor from Holland was shown the exit door.

Change your ways!!
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by larride(m): 10:40pm On Aug 19, 2016
This season will be fun no doubt.

let's take it one game at a time and not get ahead of ourselves. One thing I'm certain of is that this team will prove and I'm really looking forward to it.

GGMU
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by elrony(m): 10:41pm On Aug 19, 2016
One certain "alleged" Man utd fan right now grin grin

2 Likes

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by elampiro(m): 10:42pm On Aug 19, 2016

13 Likes

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by PietroRico(m): 10:46pm On Aug 19, 2016
codedguy1:

I liked the way he started running with the ball a couple of time before he was subbed. He will regain his confidence.

Mikhis touches are sublime, I can only imagine him playing behind zlatan.

Fellini is a born again player.

Some people are just waiting for us to lose or have a bad game. E dey pain then say we dey win. Just to berate Mourinho, pigs, and Herrera.

It's just a shame.
beats me how a fan would be disappointed with his team winning because of the manager.

1 Like

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by SailorXY: 10:47pm On Aug 19, 2016
elampiro:
lol Bastian just dey catch trips. Why is he so high up there?
I hope he get some games when he's fully fit tho.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by PietroRico(m): 10:47pm On Aug 19, 2016
We're not even playing as good a we ought to.
The team is still shaping up and certain players are still finding their feet.
Exciting times ahead indeed.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by SailorXY: 10:50pm On Aug 19, 2016
PietroRico:
beats me how a fan would be disappointed with his team winning because of the manager.
how is it that a 'fan' never sees any game, refreshing livescore upandan?
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by patrickmuf(m): 10:53pm On Aug 19, 2016
GBR1:

Nihilist na confirmed ABU. He majorly picks on Martial, Bailly or Pogba whenever they have a bad game. He'll go into hiding permanently soon.

Martial's case is complicated. I think he's getting fitter and once he gets a goal, it's BOOM.

Jose would do well to keep him in the team and get him back at his best. Martial's skill set is still unique as he's the only attacking player at an high level capable of running at opposition defenses and taking them apart with his dribbling. That always come in handy.
You are right about Martial, dude looked reasonably sharp today. As per running at opposition defenders, I'd say Mkhitaryan isn't far off especially as he has a better end product to his play.
At this point, an Injury for Rooney might just be the catalyst to set this team up for the spectacular
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by MrTA(m): 10:55pm On Aug 19, 2016
Its a amazing when fans cant wait for their own team to fail just so they can say I told you so.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by sinizia: 10:55pm On Aug 19, 2016
I don't understand why you guys are bothered about Kagawa10's opinion. Just a single opinion. Abeg, let's be happy with result and forget dissenting voices. United won't have it all easy as top teams come into the scene, but for now, let's enjoy our victory. Tomorrow we go to war again.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by PietroRico(m): 10:57pm On Aug 19, 2016
SailorXY:
how is it that a 'fan' never sees any game, refreshing livescore upandan?
grin
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Nobody: 10:58pm On Aug 19, 2016
The Team impressed me, though we didn't dominate the match but I am sure we will play better. we are but at our best yet but we will get there players are still trying to understand each other.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Lana1(m): 11:03pm On Aug 19, 2016
PietroRico:
Martial bottom level still better than peak Depay tbh.
And he will pick up
Azzin. I was just imagining if it was Depay tonight.
After seeing tonight's match, its safe to say Depay, Darmian, Rojo, Jones and Schneiderlin's time on the bench is confirmed. With seatbelt and popcorn to match sef.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Lana1(m): 11:06pm On Aug 19, 2016
elampiro:

Rooney has always been a very selfless player.
Oh. Really! Selfless indeed.
How soon u forget Liverpool vs United. Mata on two goals, Unitef ve a penalty, Mata with his chance to nick a hattrick and yours truly just had to ruin everything and even miss the penalty sef.

Oga no talk shît. Rooney has been dropped from PK duty for more than a year now.

2 Likes

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by lekkie073(m): 11:08pm On Aug 19, 2016
GBR1:

Bros i think we should calm down on this. These haters would have our skins if we fail at it.
bro, forget dat thing....

I say it again......united is winning the league dis season cool

2 Likes

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by PietroRico(m): 11:15pm On Aug 19, 2016
GBR1:

Bros i think we should calm down on this. These haters would have our skins if we fail at it.
Wether anyone chooses to calm down or not, they will run riot here at any slip up.
They already have more than enough to decapitate the entire United fan population
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Mikechinos(m): 11:24pm On Aug 19, 2016
FOR THOSE OF YOU WHO DON'T KNOW POGBA . . (1):when pogba was 3years he had 8legs and octopus had 2, so he gave octopus 6 of his legs . . (2): at 8months, joggin up and down mount everest every morning was his hobby . . (3):he was to be born a twins but he came out first and closed his mother's leg, the other had to wait for another 9months. . . (arsenal): he once raced against an aeroplane he reached 1 hour before the plane and thats why a jet was created (5):before adam & eve gave birth to cain, pogba already has 12 children (6):in 1950 pogba told his 120years old grandma to be alive untill arsenal win the champions league, well the babe is still alive (7):when solomon married his 700 wives, 600 of them already had 2 kids each for pogba. (cool: he slept with his pregnant wife and the unborn baby became pregnant too (9):in 2004, he changed arsenal from football team to tv series without their knowledge and thats why their fans always wait for next season. (10):he gave birth to a male child before his father..

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Oasis007(m): 11:28pm On Aug 19, 2016
It was a team effort

"I'm very happy. I know we cannot play 90 minutes the way we want to. It's impossible to have that consistency for 90 minutes. In many moments, for long periods in the game, we played offensively like we want to play and were very solid defensively with 10 players defending and not 6, 7 or 8. It was a collective effort so I'm pleased for the boys."

Pogba could have gone on longer

"He could play extra-time! He was phenomenal and surrounded by organisation, by vision for the game. Marouane Fellaini was so good. The way the wingers were closing spaces inside. I'm so happy with the organisation of the team. Everything that was individual was superb and the things related to the team he [Pogba] tried very hard to do. When I was thinking he was losing consistency and possession, was when I brought Ander Herrera on to close the defensive door."

Zlatan on fire

"If he doesn’t score, the contribution will be there because he can’t score every week. The way he holds the ball, the way he’s a target man and gives stability to the team, I think he was very good again."

The full-backs were outstanding

"Luke [Shaw] and Antonio [Valencia] were offensive when they had to be and very good defensively. They always had very good support from our wingers to close down the opponents."

Settled in Manchester

"I felt completely at home. I know I’m not a very nice guy, not smiling or waving, but it’s not in my nature. Once I leave the changing room, I get into my game."

undecided

Diademk07 is better at analyzing the Game than Mourinho!
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Lana1(m): 11:37pm On Aug 19, 2016
Glo just fûck me up all day angry

Anyways, wia do i even start from sef.
Good match. Great win.

Zlatan proving me right at what i late last year. Zlatan at 34 is 100% a better Striker than Rooney ll ever be at 30.

Bailly was solid as usual. Blocking everything left, right and centre. Southampton forwards had no answer for him. Anyways i'm still not impressed yet. Make i watch the Manchester Derby after the international break b4 i jump on Bailly hype train.

Shaw. Oh my God! Where are those Arsenal fans that were putting Shaw and Monreal in the same sentence last season?? If not for Moreno, only God knows what might ve being with his combination with Martial down that left flank last season. Boy is obviously one of the best LBs in d league. What is a Monreal for where Shaw dey angry

Pogba was all over the place. MOTM performance for me. And the difference between him and Herrera was as clear as Arsenal and a UCL trophy. He might ve cost so much, but his quality was there for all to see tonight. Only time will tell if he'll end up justifying his price tag.

Martial needs to sharpen up. His decision making was poor today and was taking too much time on d ball. Hope he regains form soon enough. Coz an IF Martial and Shaw would prove too much for the opposition to handle.

As much as we all hate Rooney and hope to see him relegated to the bench, his presence in the team cant be downplayed. Nice assist but still hope he finds his way to the bench sooner rather than later.

Good start to the season. Its still too early to get our hopes up. But i want to see what we'll play against City b4 i adjust my expectations for the season.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by elampiro(m): 11:42pm On Aug 19, 2016
Lana1:
Oh. Really! Selfless indeed.
How soon u forget Liverpool vs United. Mata on two goals, Unitef ve a penalty, Mata with his chance to nick a hattrick and yours truly just had to ruin everything and even miss the penalty sef.

Oga no talk shît. Rooney has been dropped from PK duty for more than a year now.

That was Van Gaal's time. Gaal had specific duties for players. Rooney wouldn't have given it to Mata, else he risks the wrath of Gaal.

Rooney has been taking penalties since that time. Rooney even took a penalty in the pre-season.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Elxandre(m): 12:10am On Aug 20, 2016
We have finally confirmed that Diadkem07 is not a United fan.
Bitterness don chop that one heart. grin

Everyone went crazy watching Pogba today at the viewing center. Even opposition fans.
That guy is the dream midfielder. Heck, 8 dribbles for a Box-to-Box MF.
Dude looking like some robot. cheesy

But a certain guy said he's not even worth £40 million.
Ask him to mention who could have performed better tonight, and you'll see him naming Poole and some infantile players etc. grin

To be frank with you, I haven't seen a midfielder like Pogba in years. He's special.
Glad he shut up Thomases, at least for now!

Ibra was fantastic too.

Mourinho did a great job at the market abeg.
Just look at the confidence of Ibra and Pogba, and you'll understand.
Unlike some idiott coach who has only made 2 guaranteed starters; Martial and Shaw after spending over £200m buying dregs.

Elamps your fears have been confirmed.
Kagawa10 no know ball!

10 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Nobody: 12:44am On Aug 20, 2016
SailorXY:
hmmm grin how may PKs Smalling concede last season?

Cant remember bro, but having two guys that tackle roughly as CB is a recipe for disaster..
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by 21Savagw: 1:42am On Aug 20, 2016
I can imagine Pogba and Bailly African Mothers after that Handshake

"MY SON YAFF JOIN BAD GAING OH"

1 Like

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by SIRcumalot: 2:45am On Aug 20, 2016
things are surely looking up.
not too long ago person would have to start scraping the bottom of the barrel to find a way to say something positive about the team.

hopefully marital picks it up soon.
he can't afford a sophomore slump to many guys waiting to take that spot.

1 Like

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by eph12(m): 5:45am On Aug 20, 2016
GloryIsaac:

Cant remember bro, but having two guys that tackle roughly as CB is a recipe for disaster..
Please try to remember. Not fair when you just dig up statistics and call them facts.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by eph12(m): 5:51am On Aug 20, 2016
Man United to me are still not dominating games yet and it's understandable as the season is just starting. The good thing is that they are winning games without having to dominate so hopefully when they understand themselves better teams will think twice about coming out to attack against us anyhow.
Last season we lost games even on our best days but here we are winning on our worst days
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by lekkie073(m): 6:57am On Aug 20, 2016
eph12:
Man United to me are still not dominating games yet and it's understandable as the season is just starting. The good thing is that they are winning games without having to dominate so hopefully when they understand themselves better teams will think twice about coming out to attack against us anyhow.
Last season we lost games even on our best days but here we are winning on our worst days
we dominated games last season but "who dominate epp"?

Jose is bringing in efficiency. "Get the job done" is the mantra.....not "keep possession" philosophy

(1) (2) (3) ... (3182) (3183) (3184) (3185) (3186) (3187) (3188) ... (14146) (Reply)

Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021

Viewing this topic: odizeey(m) and 6 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 61
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.