Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,759 members, 7,817,094 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 05:13 AM

Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion - European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) (3186) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) / Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion (8723778 Views)

Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 / Manchester United Fan Thread: Premier League Champions 2010/11 / Manchester United Fan thread: Forever Reds (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (3183) (3184) (3185) (3186) (3187) (3188) (3189) ... (14147) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by AikayDaWrapper(m): 7:05am On Aug 20, 2016
Lana1:
Glo just fûck me up all day angry

Anyways, wia do i even start from sef.
Good match. Great win.

Zlatan proving me right at what i late last year. Zlatan at 34 is 100% a better Striker than Rooney ll ever be at 30.

Bailly was solid as usual. Blocking everything left, right and centre. Southampton forwards had no answer for him. Anyways i'm still not impressed yet. Make i watch the Manchester Derby after the international break b4 i jump on Bailly hype train.

Shaw. Oh my God! Where are those Arsenal fans that were putting Shaw and Monreal in the same sentence last season?? If not for Moreno, only God knows what might ve being with his combination with Martial down that left flank last season. Boy is obviously one of the best LBs in d league. What is a Monreal for where Shaw dey angry

Pogba was all over the place. MOTM performance for me. And the difference between him and Herrera was as clear as Arsenal and a UCL trophy. He might ve cost so much, but his quality was there for all to see tonight. Only time will tell if he'll end up justifying his price tag.

Martial needs to sharpen up. His decision making was poor today and was taking too much time on d ball. Hope he regains form soon enough. Coz an IF Martial and Shaw would prove too much for the opposition to handle.

As much as we all hate Rooney and hope to see him relegated to the bench, his presence in the team cant be downplayed. Nice assist but still hope he finds his way to the bench sooner rather than later.

Good start to the season. Its still too early to get our hopes up. But i want to see what we'll play against City b4 i adjust my expectations for the season.
Agree with you bro. Especially Pogba.

I've not seen a midfield performance like that in all my years of watching EPL. I'm not saying it's the best midfield performance I've ever seen but it was sth special.

As for Martial he was woeful in the first half but improved in the second half. In the second half he was driving at defenders and making the correct runs, even that sexy through pass he gave ibra that ibra failed to control.

All he needs is one goal to spark his confidence.

Excellent performance against a very good Southampton team.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by chrisley024(m): 7:23am On Aug 20, 2016
Good 3points though yet to fathom what we're playing.

Martial needs to be quicker pls, Jose should help by giving him 90mins. I hope he scores soon to boost his confidence.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by patrickmuf(m): 7:53am On Aug 20, 2016
It will take a couple of games for Martial to get in to full rhythm, he has a lot to adjust to, like the fact that he is no longer the teams undisputed talisman, the extra defensive duties that comes with his role and the extra bit of attention he gets from opposition defenses...
Overall, as the season progresses, spaces will open up for him when teams begin to focus more Ibra through the middle, Mata/Valencia on the right and Pogba's driving runs from deep...

1 Like

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Lana1(m): 8:36am On Aug 20, 2016
elampiro:

That was Van Gaal's time. Gaal had specific duties for players. Rooney wouldn't have given it to Mata, else he risks the wrath of Gaal.

Rooney has been taking penalties since that time. Rooney even took a penalty in the pre-season.
Bros. U think u know, but u know nothing.
Rooney was stripped of PK duties after that Liverpool game. Later dat season, we played West Brom at home. They scored and we had a late penalty to draw d game. Van Piersie took the pk. Not Rooney.

Last season, we had one or two pks. One in the ucl against wolfsburg. And another one in the league. Mata took both of em. He scored the first and missed the other. Fact is Rooney has been stripped of pk duties since the Liverpool. And he hasn't played a pk for us in any competitive match since then. Na only for England e dey flex muscle dey take pk.

And u're even mentioning Pre-Season. Are u serious?? Even De Gea can take pk in pre-season. But u'll neva see him take one in an important league game.

Rooney has been kicked off pk duties. However u take it is ur business.

4 Likes

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by SIRcumalot: 8:48am On Aug 20, 2016
patrickmuf:
It will take a couple of games for Martial to get in to full rhythm, he has a lot to adjust to, like the fact that he is no longer the teams undisputed talisman, the extra defensive duties that comes with his role and the extra bit of attention he gets from opposition defenses...
Overall, as the season progresses, spaces will open up for him when teams begin to focus more Ibra through the middle, Mata/Valencia on the right and Pogba's driving runs from deep...
things is,
since he isn't commanding the same attention from other teams like he used to,he should be doing better.
it a good thing we're playing the "soft teams" now but when we start to enter some of our difficult runs he hopefully would've gone back to last season form,maybe better sef.

1 Like

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by elampiro(m): 8:49am On Aug 20, 2016
SIRcumalot:
things are surely looking up.
not too long ago person would have to start scraping the bottom of the barrel to find a way to say something positive about the team.

hopefully marital picks it up soon.
he can't afford a sophomore slump to many guys waiting to take that spot.

In my opinion, Martial played well. He was just unlucky not to score.

2 Likes

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by elampiro(m): 8:53am On Aug 20, 2016
Lana1:
Bros. U think u know, but u know nothing.
Rooney was stripped of PK duties after that Liverpool game. Later dat season, we played West Brom at home. They scored and we had a late penalty to draw d game. Van Piersie took the pk. Not Rooney.

Last season, we had one or two pks. One in the ucl against wolfsburg. And another one in the league. Mata took both of em. He scored the first and missed the other. Fact is Rooney has been stripped of pk duties since the Liverpool. And he hasn't played a pk for us in any competitive match since then. Na only for England e dey flex muscle dey take pk.

And u're even mentioning Pre-Season. Are u serious?? Even De Gea can take pk in pre-season. But u'll neva see him take one in an important league game.

Rooney has been kicked off pk duties. However u take it is ur business.

Unnecessary essay.

Rooney, RVP and Mata were all dropped from penalties, and Herrera became our last penalty taker. That was under the former coach, Gaal. Even Gaal said when the next person misses a penalty, the duty goes to another player.

But we have a new coach. Out first penalty under Mourinho was taken by Rooney.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by SIRcumalot: 8:54am On Aug 20, 2016
elampiro:

am going off what I read on this page didn't watch the game. he should get some goals against Hull.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by dopeJemi: 9:02am On Aug 20, 2016
elampiro:

Unnecessary essay.

Rooney, RVP and Mata were all dropped from penalties, and Herrera became our last penalty taker. That was under the former coach, Gaal. Even Gaal said when the next person misses a penalty, the duty goes to another player.

So why did you lie? You said rooney has been taking penalty kicks since that time
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by RAKITIC: 9:08am On Aug 20, 2016
To all EPL fan boys can Usain Bolt do it on cold, wet night in Stoke?
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by elampiro(m): 9:19am On Aug 20, 2016
SIRcumalot:

am going off what I read on this page
didn't watch the game.
he should get some goals against Hull.

He was very lively in the second half tearing opposition apart in their final third, but he missed three good chances. He missed one vs one even though he had an option of passing to Ibrahimovic. He was slow to shoot on another occasion. But these things happen, and we know what this lad is capable of. Some guys here may also expect him to score everyday like Messi and Ronaldo.

Download highlight: 5 mins, 11mb

https://m.facebook.com/story.php?story_fbid=1053782204704267&id=112070568875440

1 Like

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by elampiro(m): 9:23am On Aug 20, 2016
dopeJemi:

So why did you lie? You said rooney has been taking penalty kicks since that time

You didn't put my response in the context of the post I responded to. You understood my response upside down.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by 21Savagw: 9:25am On Aug 20, 2016
RAKITIC:
To all EPL fan boys can Usain Bolt do it on cold, wet night in Stoke?

Yeah, I firmly believe he can shag your wife in the full glare of the world's sharpest cameras on a cold...wet...night...in...stoke.

8 Likes

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by eph12(m): 9:25am On Aug 20, 2016
lekkie073:
we dominated games last season but "who dominate epp"?

Jose is bringing in efficiency. "Get the job done" is the mantra.....not "keep possession" philosophy
Yeah I understand but that's not the man United way. If we can't dominate it will only be a matter of time before we meet teams that can score goals. You will be among those calling for his head.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by sebod(m): 9:27am On Aug 20, 2016
TRendlona:

grin grin grin

*Wenger since 2004* *Mourinho* came 2005 he won the league
twice and went. _Wenger still building the team_ *Ancelotti* came
and won the league and went _Wenger still building the team_
*Mancini* came won the league and went _Wenger still building
the team_ *Pellegrini* came won the league and went _Wenger still
building the team_ *Mourinho* came back again won the league
and went _Wenger still building the team_ *Ranieri* took Leicester
came from relegation zone and won the league _Wenger still
building the team_!! Im wondering what kind of a team he is
building since 2004.

Don't get it twisted mate!

Slow and steady wins the race.
Baba is building a team that will qualify in a group of Juve, Atletico and PSG, and beat Bayern in the 2nd round, beat United in the quarter final, beat Madrid in the semi and ultimately destroy Barca in the final to lift the much coveted UCL.
It's a dream which is achievable, after all, Rome was not built in a day.

But...but...you wicked small oooo grin
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Oasis007(m): 9:31am On Aug 20, 2016
"You can see tonight we can improve but we are winning games and we still have a lot to improve on,"

"That is a sign of, you could say, champions. I don’t want to speak too soon, but we have got a very strong squad and hopefully we can keep training hard together, getting to know each other and push for the title this season.

"It’s always important to get points on the board early on in the season. We are really happy with how we played, especially in the second half,"

“I think, in the first half, at times, they were on top because of the mistakes we made, but we changed that in the second half and, as soon as we got the first goal, we pushed on and got another one and that was the game."

"A lot of people are saying it wasn’t a penalty, but 100 per cent it was a penalty, he clipped my foot,"

"There was 100 per cent contact and I am not one to dive or to cheat. I am happy I played a part in one of the goals tonight."

"This was my first home game back after my broken leg and the atmosphere was amazing - I love playing here,"

"I wish we could play here every week, but that’s not the case. When we do, the fans are amazing."

“He [Pogba] is a superb player," We knew what quality he would bring to the team and he has got so much pressure on him, especially in his first game back as a United player.

"He didn’t look fazed at all. He was one of our best players, along with Zlatan who got the two Goals tonight."

- Luke Shaw
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Lana1(m): 9:33am On Aug 20, 2016
elampiro:

Unnecessary essay.

Na so u go dey lie all in a bid to defend Rooney. Mata was neva dropped from Pks. Even with Rooney on d pitch, Mata played most of our PKs last season. If memory serves me right, Herrera's only PK was against Liverpool last season. While Rooney dint even take a pk last season.

And only some1 who knows nothing go dey take Pre-Season so serious. Rooney is Mourinho's first choice pk taker. He took pk in pre-season but he couldn't take pk in an important league match.......at home abi?? First class Delusions of Grandeur.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by elampiro(m): 9:36am On Aug 20, 2016

Lana1 and dopeJemi, Rooney scored penalties for us last season. He played and scored two penalties. That is what I meant he has been playing penalties for us.

Then under Mourinho, he took our first penalty.

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by codedguy1(m): 9:37am On Aug 20, 2016
elampiro:

I agree with this. He only needed to score and when he does that he will come good.

With the way we are playing and hopefully continue to play this season we will all see that Lvg was a disease that affected the club.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by elampiro(m): 9:38am On Aug 20, 2016
Lana1:
Na so u go dey lie all in a bid to defend Rooney. Mata was neva dropped from Pks. Even with Rooney on d pitch, Mata played most of our PKs last season. If memory serves me right, Herrera's only PK was against Liverpool last season. While Rooney dint even take a pk last season.

And only some1 who knows nothing go dey take Pre-Season so serious. Rooney is Mourinho's first choice pk taker. He took pk in pre-season but he couldn't take pk in an important league match.......at home abi?? First class Delusions of Grandeur.

Mata was dropped from penalties. Gaal said this.
I think that was after the match Mata lost a penalty.

Rooney took the first penalty under Mourinho. Chikena.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Oasis007(m): 9:38am On Aug 20, 2016
“I enjoyed it, we won and I’m very happy for the team and myself,

“It was a great moment for me to touch the pitch, to come back here and I feel great. We had a good result so I’m happy. I didn’t know I would play 90 minutes! The coach trusted me and I felt good.

“We had a very good performance, We are getting better and better. In the first 20 minutes, it was very hard for us to get in the game but after that we started to play our football and we scored the first goal. Zlatan is doing great for the team and that’s what we want, that’s why he came here so hopefully he scores again and again.

“I hope so (on winning the League). That’s what we want, we are United and we are used to winning. All we are looking to do is win.”

- Paul Pogba
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Oasis007(m): 9:52am On Aug 20, 2016
undecided

It's too early to be skeptical about Martial's talent and ability! We all know what he's capable of!

He's coming back to form! He wasn't himself in the first Half, however he was lively in the second Half!

We need Martial to pick form and be an integral part of the Team, than reducing him to the Bench!
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by parrotibaba(m): 9:54am On Aug 20, 2016
I just de see "we are not dominating games" up and down in this thread. I don't think that Mourinho is interested in dominating games Phee-lo-so-phee or guardiola style, if na wetin people here de expect to happen. His philosophy is winning and defending well, not how much possession you had in a match or how you used your possession play to score a goal. He wants the players to start believing that they can win a match even without playing well, it's all about the wining mentality and I think it's a good thing to happen to our club considering what happened during the last 3 seasons. Of course we will drop points(no be every match you go win) but it's important that those situations are limited if we really want the league title this year. I expect us to play better against so called big teams because of the system that the team plays, the smaller teams are the ones that we should worry about.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by elampiro(m): 9:59am On Aug 20, 2016

But Lana1, you sabi distort fact sha. Van Persie didn't take over penalty from Rooney under Gaal. It was the other way round.

Van Persie was our penalty taker under SAF. It was Gaal who took the duty from him after he missed and handed over to Rooney.

When Rooney missed, I have forgotten the particular match, then Gaal said Rooney will go to the bottom as a matter of new principal. It went to Mata.

Mata also missed, I think in a Europa fixture, then Gaal said he had handed over to Herrera.

However, Rooney still score two penalties last season.

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by elampiro(m): 10:03am On Aug 20, 2016
parrotibaba:
I just de see "we are not dominating games" up and down in this thread. I don't think that Mourinho is interested in dominating games Phee-lo-so-phee or guardiola style, if na wetin people here de expect to happen. His philosophy is winning and defending well, not how much possession you had in a match or how you used your possession play to score a goal. He wants the players to start believing that they can win a match even without playing well, it's all about the wining mentality and I think it's a good thing to happen to our club considering what happened during the last 3 seasons. Of course we will drop points(no be every match you go win) but it's important that those situations are limited if we really want the league title this year. I expect us to play better against so called big teams because of the system that the team plays, the smaller teams are the ones that we should worry about.

The general play will get better. It's still work in progress with a new coach.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Nobody: 10:05am On Aug 20, 2016
eph12:

Please try to remember. Not fair when you just dig up statistics and call them facts.

Well, i'm not a fan of all these stats arguements you guys do here, i watch almost all of ManUtd matches and i judge based on what i see but for the sake of this i'll post a link.

https://www.whoscored.com/Players/71345/Show/Chris-Smalling

Check the link, and check the comment on Smallings style of play.... Every defence should have a defender who brings a calming presence with him, thats why the Smalling-Blind partnership worked, its the same as the midfield, you cant put Pogba-Schneiderlin in same midfield, both have same style of play except that the former is really better than the latter.... Hope you understand what i'm saying, not ready to take two pages on this issue.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by SIRcumalot: 10:07am On Aug 20, 2016
@elampiro thanks for the link. that Shaw penarity soft sha.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Nobody: 10:12am On Aug 20, 2016
parrotibaba:

Forget those guys bro, its the 3 points that matter... least if the opponent is extremely strong, we both will carry 1 point home cheesy
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by parrotibaba(m): 10:12am On Aug 20, 2016
elampiro:

The general play will get better. It's still work in progress with a new coach.
I know that but it will be wrong for some people here to expect us to boss games LVG style, possession, possession, possession, sideways passes, etc.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by elampiro(m): 10:17am On Aug 20, 2016
SIRcumalot:

@elampiro thanks for the link.
that Shaw penarity soft sha.

After 9 months away due to injury. He needs protection. The most important thing is that there was a contact.

The highlight didn't capture two other good chances we had. Ibrahimovic missed a more simple heading, a free header, I think from Antonio Valencia's good cross. He also failed to connect Martial's through pass, it was like he didn't expect it.

So we are creating chances and there are positives.

1 Like

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by elampiro(m): 10:22am On Aug 20, 2016
parrotibaba:
I know that but it will be wrong for some people here to expect us to boss games LVG style, possession, possession, possession, sideways passes, etc.

May be such people prefer:

78% possession
560/570 completed passes.
2 shots
0 shot on target.

5 Likes

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by parrotibaba(m): 10:31am On Aug 20, 2016
The gaffer breaking the right records grin grin

Jose Mourinho is the first Man United coach to win his first 3 games in charge in 79 years.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (3183) (3184) (3185) (3186) (3187) (3188) (3189) ... (14147) (Reply)

Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021

Viewing this topic: 5 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 87
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.