Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,749 members, 7,817,074 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 03:18 AM

Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion - European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) (3190) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) / Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion (8723265 Views)

Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 / Manchester United Fan Thread: Premier League Champions 2010/11 / Manchester United Fan thread: Forever Reds (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (3187) (3188) (3189) (3190) (3191) (3192) (3193) ... (14146) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by SIRcumalot: 9:31pm On Aug 20, 2016
dopeJemi:

No be she talk am na, na news carry am, dem even post am for front page
My bad then na wrong info I hear @elxandre
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Diademk07: 9:34pm On Aug 20, 2016
Elxandre:
We have finally confirmed that Diadkem07 is not a United fan.
Bitterness don chop that one heart. grin

Everyone went crazy watching Pogba today at the viewing center. Even opposition fans.
That guy is the dream midfielder. Heck, 8 dribbles for a Box-to-Box MF.
Dude looking like some robot. cheesy

But a certain guy said he's not even worth £40 million.
Ask him to mention who could have performed better tonight, and you'll see him naming Poole and some infantile players etc. grin

To be frank with you, I haven't seen a midfielder like Pogba in years. He's special.
Glad he shut up Thomases, at least for now!

Ibra was fantastic too.

Mourinho did a great job at the market abeg.
Just look at the confidence of Ibra and Pogba, and you'll understand.
Unlike some idiott coach who has only made 2 guaranteed starters; Martial and Shaw after spending over £200m buying dregs.

Elamps your fears have been confirmed.
Kagawa10 no know ball!

All over the place and that's dominating the middle? Lol!

Southampton dominated the middle duh!

If I were all for flashy tricks, I know what I'll watch. No doubt he's better than Herrera in the middle but he was more of a no 10 yesterday.

BTW, Poole is a defensive midfielder. He would be competing with Fellaini place and not as a playmaker.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by dubylhover(m): 9:56pm On Aug 20, 2016
Diademk07:

Efficient enough? Nope.

Don't get me wrong. They are good signing but a lot of them are overpriced.

Also, I wasn't on board with Mkhi signing, not that he isn't good but my ideal winger on the right would be a pacey merchant that can go down the touchline with his dribbling to put in crosses but also capable of drifting in to combine play in the middle.. This is because Martial on the other wing isn't of such player, eventhough he's quite pacey as well. That was why I wanted Dembele and when Dortmund got him, I signalled Mane and I was happy when we were linked with Ounas.

Mkhi on the other hand is more of an attacking right sided midfielder that mostly drift in to combine play. He's not a no 10 either. His play is all about drifting in while using the commotion his 'drifting' caused to his advantage by putting in a pass. He has a good acceleration but he's not as pacey as the aforementioned players.

Pogba on the other hand is a luxury player. No doubt, he's better than the negative Herrera in the middle but I think in a 3-man midfield where he's deployed alongside an orchestrator such as Verratti, all backed up at the base by a defensive midfielder would have been a perfect fit. But with him alone, we will always get dominated in the middle and it could be worse in Europe where a similar player in Yaya often got subdued.

Anyway, it's not as if we won't get dominated with Herrera. Hence, Pogba is the lesser evil.

As for Bailley, I don't know much about him and he's been good although he's a bit rash in his play.

Lastly, Ibra. I never wanted him. He would always stifle the development of Rashford who has seen little game time.
Also, apart from his goals, his all round play hasn't been impressive. He looks languid and isn't even trying to drift around the wing to allow a fluid interchanging front trio.

So is the squad an improvement of lvg squad.. That's what I want to know
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by elrony(m): 10:00pm On Aug 20, 2016
Brazil should better win this match!!!...will be another horror to lose a final at home to Germany!!!!

Neymar already getting the match to my direction. grin
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by SailorXY: 10:00pm On Aug 20, 2016
dubylhover:

grin grin grin grin grin
He thinks domination is
90% possession
97% pass accuracy
1000 passes
2 shots
1 shot on target

who e epp?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by elrony(m): 10:06pm On Aug 20, 2016
Hard luck for Germany lol... so so woodwork smashing!!!...
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by SailorXY: 10:07pm On Aug 20, 2016
GloryIsaac:

Ok oo, i just hope none of you will come for Mou's head if such partnership should cost us a game.
emancipate yourself from philosophy. I saw the projected defensive partnership has to be one right footer & one left footer to make sense; so much from LvG that I nearly began to believe it myself undecided
If these things can confuse the observing fans, then imagine what it will do to a man who sits beside the prof to listen to it all year long!

1 Like

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Diademk07: 10:09pm On Aug 20, 2016
dubylhover:

What are you saying? Van gaal brought in a lot of good players as well although mixed with some rubbish like Depay.

Mourinho going for the known experienced players already shows he's got nothing in his sleeves other than relying on the brilliance of his players.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Diademk07: 10:12pm On Aug 20, 2016
SailorXY:
grin grin grin grin grin
He thinks domination is
90% possession
97% pass accuracy
1000 passes
2 shots
1 shot on target

who e epp?

We hardly created chance in our last 3 games and was more susceptible to attacks from the opposition.

We only had individual brilliance from Ibra and Pogba.

Why can't Mourinho improves the likes of Herrera, Depay, Morgan et al.

1 Like

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Elxandre(m): 10:13pm On Aug 20, 2016
The problem self acclaimed analysts have is they think the coach has to play according to their perceived best strategy to achieve results.

Must every striker drift to the wing?
Do you even know what a target man is?

I know Pogba shocked you, that you had to delete all your prepared lines you already drafted down to destroy Mourinho.
You can't even make a coherent verdict on his performance. smiley

Just yesterday you said he was just about 'fanciful flicks', now you said "he was always positive with the ball and looked like a number 10", which is even a testament to his efficacy. grin

You think we must have a Carrick-esque player to create a winning team?
Well, I knew Mourinho would bench him quickly, and so he has!
Every coach has his system.
Jose is all about an all action midfield, and doesn't prioritize possesion and controlling of midfield without results.

Tell me who was playmaking from deep like Carrick at Chelsea, in his first spell especially?

And when will you get sense and realise that Mourinho is not Conte or Pellegrini?
Mourinho might have used Yaya more effectively, just as he might utilize Pogba better than Conte or Allegri.

But Pogba and Yaya aren't even the same!
(Yaya is lazy and spoilt rotten)
Some said he doesn't track back, but I didn't see that yesterday anyway.

And lastly, you said Zlatan hasn't impressed you?
Don't be a clown.
When last did we have a striker that could actually trap a ball or score a 30 yard effort, or a cracking header?
That was 2013 RVP!

Would you rather start 18yr old Rashford over this Ibra who has performed well?
I think you should stick to watching U21 league if you think an 18 year old should start as first choice.

Ok name just one elite team that has a 20 year old as first choice striker. I'm waiting.

Jose Mourinho has certainly spent better than LVG who splashed £200m but has only two starters in that team right now.
Rojo-Flop
Schneiderlin-flop
Schweinsteiger-Flop
Memphis Depay- Flop
Angel Di maria-Flop
Super free agent Falcao-Flop
Darmian- super flop Benched by Wingers Valencia and Young.
Valdez-Flop and pursued outta Old Trafford
Blind-To be displaced by Smalling soon.

You had the guts to say we've played only 'little' teams, when we lost to same Southampton last season home and away

Oga park well and learn.
You no know ball!

Cc. diadkem07

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by elrony(m): 10:18pm On Aug 20, 2016
Diademk07:

What are you saying? Van gaal brought in a lot of good players as well although mixed with some rubbish like Depay.

Mourinho going for the known experienced players already shows he's got nothing in his sleeves other than relying on the brilliance of his players.

Does this even make sense to you? ...
who's he supposed to rely on during match days,his pets?
Or you are implying he's got to recruit a totally new squad of players?

Wetin you dey yan sef??.... angry
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by dubylhover(m): 10:20pm On Aug 20, 2016
Diademk07:

So are the experienced players improvements made? Please name 3 good signings on lvg in his 2 year tenure
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Diademk07: 10:21pm On Aug 20, 2016
Elxandre:
The problem self acclaimed analysts have is they think the coach has to play according to their perceived best strategy to achieve results.

Must every striker drift to the wing?
Do you even know what a target man is?

I know Pogba shocked you, that you had to delete all your prepared lines you already drafted down to destroy Mourinho.
You can't even make a coherent verdict on his performance. smiley

Just yesterday you said he was just about 'fanciful flicks', now you said "he was always positive with the ball and looked like a number 10", which is even a testament to his efficacy. grin

You think we must have a Carrick-esque player to create a winning team?
Well, I knew Mourinho would bench him quickly, and so he has!
Every coach has his system.
Jose is all about an all action midfield, and doesn't prioritize possesion and controlling of midfield without results.

Tell me who was playmaking from deep like Carrick at Chelsea, in his first spell especially?

And when will you get sense and realise that Mourinho is not Conte or Pellegrini?
Mourinho might have used Yaya more effectively, just as he might utilize Pogba better than Conte or Allegri.

But Pogba and Yaya aren't even the same!
(Yaya is lazy and spoilt rotten)
Some said he doesn't track back, but I didn't see that yesterday anyway.

And lastly, you said Zlatan hasn't impressed you?
Don't be a clown.
When last did we have a striker that could actually trap a ball or score a 30 yard effort, or a cracking header?
That was 2013 RVP!

Would you rather start 18yr old Rashford over this Ibra who has performed well?
I think you should stick to watching U21 league if you think an 18 year old should start as first choice.

Ok name just one elite team that has a 20 year old as first choice striker. I'm waiting.

Jose Mourinho has certainly spent better than LVG who splashed £200m but has only two starters in that team right now.
Rojo-Flop
Schneiderlin-flop
Schweinsteiger-Flop
Memphis Depay- Flop
Angel Di maria-Flop
Super free agent Falcao-Flop
Darmian- super flop Benched by Wingers Valencia and Young.
Valdez-Flop and pursued outta Old Trafford
Blind-To be displaced by Smalling soon.

You had the guts to say we've played only 'little' teams, when we lost to same Southampton last season home and away

Oga park well and learn.
You no know ball!

Cc. diadkem07

Pogba shocked me?

Read some of my previous post on him. Why did you think I gave him the nickname "box-box cum attacking player" or often talked about his tendency to try flashy tricks or take shot? All this were in his game yesterday.

As for the players listed, most of them were unknown, ageing or known to be inconsistent in the case of Di Maria. Morgan is a defensive box-box midfielder who was constantly deployed as a DM.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Diademk07: 10:25pm On Aug 20, 2016
dubylhover:

So are the experienced players improvements made? Please name 3 good signings on lvg in his 2 year tenure

Blind and Martial. Without him the likes of Rashford, Lingard wouldn't come through.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by SailorXY: 10:25pm On Aug 20, 2016
Diademk07:

We hardly created chance in our last 3 games and was more susceptible to attacks from the opposition.

We only had individual brilliance from Ibra and Pogba.

Why can't Mourinho improves the likes of Herrera, Depay, Morgan et al.
Where is the indisputable Carrick-style schemer Jose had used to win so far?

He has still played with men he met on ground, adding just two players to the start before Pogba. Now your excuse is individual brilliance of Zlatan. Even Mr. Bean go find you really funny!
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Elxandre(m): 10:28pm On Aug 20, 2016
SIRcumalot:

My bad then
na wrong info I hear
But does it mean she didn't get a medal for finishing second?
Rowers don't get medals?
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Diademk07: 10:31pm On Aug 20, 2016
SailorXY:

Where is the indisputable Carrick-style schemer Jose had used to win so far?

He has still played with men he met on ground, adding just two players to the start before Pogba. Now your excuse is individual brilliance of Zlatan. Even Mr. Bean go find you really funny!

We looked rubbish vs Bournemouth so to say.

And I did explain the usefulness of Carrick in the team to someone on here who asked that player like Carrick wasn't often used as our DM. I told him we had someone like Scholes as the playmaker and since we had Scholes no longer in the team, Carrick's the only player in the team capable of providing incisive passes in the team even when he's basically a holding midfielder.

Having someone who can provide the probing passes would always relegate Carrick to the bench.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by dubylhover(m): 10:32pm On Aug 20, 2016
Diademk07:

Blind and Martial. Without him the likes of Rashford, Lingard wouldn't come through.

So you don't know tens and units abi angry i said 3 signings not 2,
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Diademk07: 10:37pm On Aug 20, 2016
dubylhover:

So you don't know tens and units abi angry i said 3 signings not 2,

How many major signings did Van gaal sign sef wey you dey para.

Rojo, Blind, Darmain, Bastian all came for little coins.

Only Martial, Morgan, Depay and DiMaria who left as soon as he came, were big money signing. All compared to the likes of Mikhi, Bailley, Pogba in one season. Abegi!

At least Van gaal looked to youths which can't be said of Mourinho.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by dubylhover(m): 10:43pm On Aug 20, 2016
Diademk07:

Only Martial, Morgan, Depay and DiMaria who left as soon as he came, were big money signing. All compared to the likes of Mikhi, Bailley, Pogba in one season. Abegi!

Ok undecided ermm is pep looking at youths in city?
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by SailorXY: 10:47pm On Aug 20, 2016
Diademk07:

Pogba & Bailly be your ancestors?
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Diademk07: 10:48pm On Aug 20, 2016
elrony:

Does this even make sense to you? ...
who's he supposed to rely on during match days,his pets?
Or you are implying he's got to recruit a totally new squad of players?

Wetin you dey yan sef??.... angry

I was hoping he would display his magic on the likes of Depay, Herrera, Morgan et al whom were all 'van gaaled'.

The truth of the matter is it was the players who made us look boring and that was my main criticism of Van gaal of his failure to bring in the necessary signing in the midfield instead of depending on a crock like Bastian.

What is always annoying is when peeps say Van gaal used his philosophy to 'van gaal' one player or the other when the players were simply not good enough.

For example, when Rashford displaced Rooney in the striker role, the team looked great for a while. And when Carrick looked rested, inform and reinvigorated, the team looked fantastic.
It was the player that caused the boring play and not any tactic.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Diademk07: 10:51pm On Aug 20, 2016
SailorXY:
Pogba & Bailly be your ancestors?
You mean experienced players playing in top league compared to Depay, Rojo..
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Diademk07: 10:56pm On Aug 20, 2016
dubylhover:

Ok undecided ermm is pep looking at youths in city?

The likes of Sane, gabigol are youth signed by him.

And there's Iheanacho who has seen playing time compared to a certain Rashford.

Sane breakout season was this year and he was mostly on the bench for Schalke.

The previous season he was just part of the squad seeing little minutes or the other.

And even he loaned out Gabigol, the intention behind it is known.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Elxandre(m): 11:02pm On Aug 20, 2016
Diademk07:

Pogba shocked me?

Read some of my previous post on him. Why did you think I gave him the nickname "box-box cum attacking player" or often talked about his tendency to try flashy tricks or take shot? All this were in his game yesterday.

As for the players listed, most of them were unknown, ageing or known to be inconsistent in the case of Di Maria. Morgan is a defensive box-box midfielder who was constantly deployed as a DM.
You are clutching at straws.

Flashy tricks wey Ronaldinho dey take chop back then Abi?
A player, a MF at that, completed 8 dribbles in a game, yet you say he was just being flashy... Lol
Use google to check how many dribbles the likes of Neymar complete per match and see how 'Uncommon' it is to have 8 in a game.

Those players were unknown ageing, bla bla bla?
Them give Mou some credit for not buying lab rats then. Jeez!!!
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by dubylhover(m): 11:04pm On Aug 20, 2016
Diademk07:

Gabigol that was loaned out...and you just mentioned sane who played in a top league...a point you just trashed..as you said Bailly and pogba won't b considered as youths cos theyplayed in known clubs,but 5 minutes later you call an ex schakle player a youth...you c yaself grin
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by dubylhover(m): 11:07pm On Aug 20, 2016
Who's watching this sevilla game..na goal harvest oo grin grin
6 4 an d counting
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Elxandre(m): 11:07pm On Aug 20, 2016
Diademk07:

And Rashford hasn't seen game time this season?

It's disgusting how you run from arguments you know you have no points to win though.

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Diademk07: 11:08pm On Aug 20, 2016
Elxandre:

You are clutching at straws.

Flashy tricks wey Ronaldinho dey take chop back then Abi?
A player, a MF at that, completed 8 dribbles in a game, yet you say he was just being flashy... Lol
Use google to check how many dribbles the likes of Neymar complete per match and see how 'Uncommon' it is to have 8 in a game.

Those players were unknown ageing, bla bla bla?
Them give Mou some credit for not buying lab rats then. Jeez!!!

The point is, is he a CM or an attacking midfielder? Southampton not only dominated us but also created better chances yesterday and if they still had Mane, they would have trashed us.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Elxandre(m): 11:09pm On Aug 20, 2016
dubylhover:

Gabigol that was loaned out...and you just mentioned sane who played in a top league...a point you just trashed..as you said Bailly and pogba won't b considered as youths cos theyplayed in known clubs,but 5 minutes later you call an ex schakle player a youth...you c yaself grin
He's a waste of time.

I dislike people with no stand!
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Diademk07: 11:11pm On Aug 20, 2016
Elxandre:

And Rashford hasn't seen game time this season?

It's disgusting how you run from arguments you know you have no points to win though.

You can read well or can't you?

Compare the game time? Because I was talking about comparism.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by SailorXY: 11:12pm On Aug 20, 2016
Diademk07:

We looked rubbish vs Bournemouth so to say.

And I did explain the usefulness of Carrick in the team to someone on here who asked that player like Carrick wasn't often used as our DM. I told him we had someone like Scholes as the playmaker and since we had Scholes no longer in the team, Carrick's the only player in the team capable of providing incisive passes in the team even when he's basically a holding midfielder.

Having someone who can provide the probing passes would always relegate Carrick on the bench.
Cøck & Bull
We have always fielded all-action combatants in midfield & Carrick is the first of his kind to grace our sands as far back as I started seeing the games.
Ince, Fortune, Kleberson, Veron, Keane, Scholes, JS Park, Hargreaves, Smith, Anderson, Cleverley...even John O'Shea.. you name it - endless list.
I'm not putting Carrick's efforts down but don't come here & preach some bollocks of a kind of compulsive trait that must be seen in MUFC. From what I see the club is not exactly on the look out for a similar player, so whether we get one or not the team must move on.

(1) (2) (3) ... (3187) (3188) (3189) (3190) (3191) (3192) (3193) ... (14146) (Reply)

Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021

Viewing this topic: 5 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 100
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.