Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,462 members, 7,830,305 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 07:28 PM

Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion - European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) (3196) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) / Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion (8774261 Views)

Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 / Manchester United Fan Thread: Premier League Champions 2010/11 / Manchester United Fan thread: Forever Reds (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (3193) (3194) (3195) (3196) (3197) (3198) (3199) ... (14174) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Elxandre(m): 1:58pm On Aug 21, 2016
I was going to make the Alves comparison too, but just keeping it cool for now. cheesy

Valencia even defends better than Alves.

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by folba(m): 2:01pm On Aug 21, 2016
Diademk07:

Then we're more or less City or Chelsea nowadays.
If that's what makes successful teams,would even prefer we can be Chelseacityst.germain.Maybe that's why city and Chelsea have achieved more post fergie era. Madrid had to break world transfer record twice to get La Decima.Thats the era we are today. You can't always depend on progidy to win you trophies. You need experience and talented player to get you to the very top and last time I checked they don't come cheap
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by ChristineC: 2:07pm On Aug 21, 2016
Oasis007:
undecided
Arsenal Fans like Spy360, Pataki and Co keep hating on Pogba while their Club Legend - Henry - Dabbing with him!
I see Paul Pogba posing with a fan wink. Nice
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by afrodoc2: 2:11pm On Aug 21, 2016
Lana1:
To those of u who claim Smalling isn't good with the ball at his feet, hope u know Bailly is even worse??

On several occasions, when he(Bailly) came out of defence with the ball, he didn't even know what to do with it. Most times, he had to be passing the ball to Blind. And at one point, he even passed back to DDG under pressure and that one had to clear ball to throwing.

Bailly is way way better than Smalling with the ball, it is not even close. There is a difference between being calm on the ball and being over confident (Bailly) and truly not knowing what to do with the ball and making panicky clearances (Smalling). Smalling is a good defender, my problem with him is that he has always been a poor footballer.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Diademk07: 2:16pm On Aug 21, 2016
folba:
If that's what makes successful teams,would even prefer we can be Chelseacityst.germain.Maybe that's why city and Chelsea have achieved more post fergie era. Madrid had to break world transfer record twice to get La Decima.Thats the era we are today. You can't always depend on progidy to win you trophies. You need experience and talented player to get you to the very top and last time I checked they don't come cheap

Unfortunately, none of those team were dominant for a longer span except for Madrid in the old era but then, they had Raul, a youth player as well.

Quality youth doesn't prevent a team from achieving success. In fact, I would prefer our youth players over the likes of Rojo, Herrera, Darmian, ageing Rooney et al.

We all saw what the likes of Rashford and Martial did last season.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Oasis007(m): 2:52pm On Aug 21, 2016
undecided

Guess a certain Fan of Moyes is seeing how the best Manager to ever manage United after Fergie is turning Stadium of Light to Stadium of Darkness?!

The same way he turned Old Trafford from Theatre of Dream to Theatre of Nightmare!

Diademk07 should learn from this..... the gap between Jose Mourinho and LVG is wide! He should cease fire like the NDA and save Thread's Pipelines from bombing!
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Oasis007(m): 2:58pm On Aug 21, 2016
grin

Lana1..... why?!
This is the reason we should get rid of Diademk07 on this thread simply by quarantined him!

Seems his infection is fast-spreading, and needs to be contained now! Smalling better on the Ball than Bailly?!
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Diademk07: 3:01pm On Aug 21, 2016
Oasis007:
grin

Lana1..... why?!
This is the reason we should get rid of Diademk07 on this thread simply by quarantined him!

Seems his infection is fast-spreading, and needs to be contained now! Smalling better on the Ball than Bailly?!

Why you dey tag me in every post of yours na? Haba!
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Oasis007(m): 3:04pm On Aug 21, 2016
Diademk07:

Why you dey tag me in every post of yours na? Haba!

grin

Cos you are simply a troublesome Troll!
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by folba(m): 3:06pm On Aug 21, 2016
Diademk07:

Unfortunately, none of those team were dominant for a longer span except for Madrid in the old era but then, they had Raul, a youth player as well.

Quality youth doesn't prevent a team from achieving success. In fact, I would prefer our youth players over the likes of Rojo, Herrera, Darmian, ageing Rooney et al.

We all saw what the likes of Rashford and Martial did last season.
But I think the new era Madrid has 2 UCL already. I just need United to dominate the home front first . Don't get me wrong am a good advocate of youngsters but you can't just flood your first team with learners.2 or 3 is okay
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by codedguy1(m): 3:15pm On Aug 21, 2016
Even though I know smalling kinda faded towards the end of the season from his early season performances that made almost all of us nominate him for balon dor i think he has improved on his knowing what to do with the ball coming out of the defence.

Mourinho will get the best out of them. Fellaini, depay, rojo, Rooney and herrera were amongst the players that were heavily criticised last season, but we have seen that fellaini has turned to a completely new player under mourinho. We hope that depay and the rest will also improve.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Diademk07: 3:16pm On Aug 21, 2016
folba:
But I think the new era Madrid has 2 UCL already. I just need United to dominate the home front first . Don't get me wrong am a good advocate of youngsters but you can't just flood your first team with learners.2 or 3 is okay

I was never of the opinion that the whole team should be filled with inexperienced players.

That was why I wanted us to sign Kante and Mane although I did want Dembele before he was signed by Dortmund.

My proposed midfield was something of a 3-man midfield of Kante - Poole - Rooney for example because I know Rooney would certainly play in the team and that a youth English player such as Harrop could gradually displace Rooney without causing an uproar.

I do love youths though because first and foremost, they tend to give their best and are quite loyal, and in the case they also have the quality skills to go along with their play, then you had just hit a jackpot with such players.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Diademk07: 3:24pm On Aug 21, 2016
Oasis007:

grin

Cos you are simply a troublesome Troll!

Lol at being a troll.

It would take time for me to warm up to Mourinho unless he stop spouting shite such as "some players were van gaaled" only to avoid using the same set of players. Not to mention such players were well spanked by Dortmund in the pre-season and looked shite vs Bournemouth.

There's been a lot of shite from his mouth as well.

Infact, I really tried to warm to him until he started opening his diarrhoea of a mouth.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by AdisaOwala: 3:28pm On Aug 21, 2016
Elxandre:
I was going to make the Alves comparison too, but just keeping it cool for now. cheesy

Valencia even defends better than Alves.

Haba shocked shocked

The same Danny Alves that kept Ronaldo in his backpocket in numerous El Classicos?

Yes,I am aware of the "Brazillian Fullbacks aren't too good at defending" thingy but Alves is an exception -he is one of the most balanced/complete Fullbacks the world has seen.

AV25 has impressed in his new role but make una calm down with the unnecessary comparisons abeg!
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by AdisaOwala: 3:50pm On Aug 21, 2016
Diademk07:

I was never of the opinion that the whole team should be filled with inexperienced players.

That was why I wanted us to sign Kante and Mane although I did want Dembele before he was signed by Dortmund.

My proposed midfield was something of a 3-man midfield of Kante - Poole - Rooney for example because I know Rooney would certainly play in the team and that a youth English player such as Harrop could gradually displace Rooney without causing an uproar.

I do love youths though because first and foremost, they tend to give their best and are quite loyal, and in the case they also have the quality skills to go along with their play, then you had just hit a jackpot with such players.

Can you just stop this Poole campaign please?

You go dey shout Poole,Poole,Poole at the slightest opportunity - dem use Poole swear for you?? angry

Man Utd is a serious minded club with lofty ambitions, not Southampton where the discovery of next rated stars is a major Objective!
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by ChristineC: 3:52pm On Aug 21, 2016
Diademk07:

Are you not the guy I just quoted his "Pogba is a winger" talk? Please go back to your thread with the blasphemy.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by tess1(m): 3:59pm On Aug 21, 2016
Diademk07:

He should be creating at least 2+ chances per game.!

I don't hate him for any reason. Maybe the reason I don't like him is because I thought we were replacing Cleverley with a better player not knowing that we were getting the spanish one.

2+? This just shows how much you hate Herrera.

Shinji Kagawa is so good that you adopted his name as your former username here (kagawa10). He is one of your favourite player that should be playing as a proper number 10 that you also use him to rubbish Mata. Somebody once asked you who would pick between Kagawa and Mata as your number 10 and you answered it's Kagawa. Also, you went to the extent of exaggerating how brilliant and fantastic he was when deployed as a number 10 when he was still our player. These are the extents to which you worship him and he can do no wrong.

Lo behold! Shinji Kagawa has never achieved a 2+ key passes per match in his entire career as a number 10. He only averaged 1.8 (0.2 higher than Herrera's best) in his best season at Dortmund but you still describe him as a fantastic player. As a matter of fact he was dispossessed 2.1 per match.

Since you've now said that a good number 10 should be giving 2+ key passes per match, it simply means Shinji Kagawa too is a shit player. Can you just imagine Shinji Kagawa played full 90mins against Bayern as a number 10 in German Super Cup and couldn't make a single key pass throughout.
Last season he only averaged 1.4 key pass.

Furthermore, Mata who has been delivering 2+ key passes throughout his career before he came to Man Utd is also a shit player according to you but Shinji isn't. Your usual way to rubbish him is to always say he's a SS.

I could remember one post you made in the past where you questioned why Moyes went to buy Mata when we already had Kagawa. This is exactly why you hate them so much. It's just the same thing you have been showing here if a player you don't like is bought, you'll continue finding faults to rubbish such player. Ditto Mourinho. Your sense of judgement is totally faulty and biased.

We can now see your hero, your god, Shinji Kagawa is a shit number 10.

1 Like

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Diademk07: 4:02pm On Aug 21, 2016
ChristineC:

Are you not the guy I just quoted his "Pogba is a winger" talk? Please go back to your thread with the blasphemy.

You must be blind not to see my response!

Jumping in like a monkey when you don't even know what was happening.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Diademk07: 4:05pm On Aug 21, 2016
AdisaOwala:

You go dey shout Poole,Poole,Poole at the slightest opportunity - dem use Poole swear for you?? angry

Man Utd is a serious minded club with lofty ambitions, not Southampton where the discovery of next rated stars is a major Objective!

How is it your problem? Poole is more important than you to the club BTW

If you don't want to see youth, then you shouldn't be supporting manutd because it was founded on the ground of youth teams.

You know nothing bTW and should stop quoting me.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Nobody: 4:17pm On Aug 21, 2016
You folks kinda funny. pfft, see y'all arguing about Bailly and Smalling ability on the ball... And you want to pair them in our defence undecided , Watch out guys, Our best defensive duo right now is Blind/Bailly.... Thank God Oasis007 understood what i said smiley
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Nobody: 4:20pm On Aug 21, 2016
AdisaOwala:

Haba shocked shocked

The same Danny Alves that kept Ronaldo in his backpocket in numerous El Classicos?

Yes,I am aware of the "Brazillian Fullbacks aren't too good at defending" thingy but Alves is an exception -he is one of the most balanced/complete Fullbacks the world has seen.

AV25 has impressed in his new role but make una calm down with the unnecessary comparisons abeg!

Sentiments at Work undecided
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by ChristineC: 4:22pm On Aug 21, 2016
Diademk07:
You must be blind not to see my response!

Jumping in like a monkey when you don't even know what was happening.
I have been reading pages I missed and have noted some guys accuse you of inability to take a stand. what else is happening if not a primary malignant swell inside your brain with subsequent spread to your spine? The ability to formulate immense rubbish and inability to stand upright by it.

A rare gem, brother.

16 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by tess1(m): 4:22pm On Aug 21, 2016
AdisaOwala:

Lol!

The same Regan Poole that is a defender but being used as a DM once in a while in the youth team? Poole has played majority of his play time as a defender.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by dopeJemi: 4:25pm On Aug 21, 2016
AdisaOwala:

What was your old moniker?
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Diademk07: 4:25pm On Aug 21, 2016
tess1:

2+? This just shows how much you hate Herrera.

Shinji Kagawa is so good that you adopted his name as your former username here (kagawa10). He is one of your favourite player that should be playing as a proper number 10 that you also use him to rubbish Mata. Somebody once asked you who would pick between Kagawa and Mata as your number 10 and you answered it's Kagawa. Also, you went to the extent of exaggerating how brilliant and fantastic he was when deployed as a number 10 when he was still our player. These are the extents to which you worship him and he can do no wrong.

Lo behold! Shinji Kagawa has never achieved a 2+ key passes per match in his entire career as a number 10. He only averaged 1.8 (0.2 higher than Herrera's best) in his best season at Dortmund but you still describe him as a fantastic player. As a matter of fact he was dispossessed 2.1 per match.

Since you've now said that a good number 10 should be giving 2+ key passes per match, it simply means Shinji Kagawa too is a shit player. Can you just imagine Shinji Kagawa played full 90mins against Bayern as a number 10 in German Super Cup and couldn't make a single key pass throughout.
Last season he only averaged 1.4 key pass

Furthermore, Mata who has been delivering 2+ key passes throughout his career before he came to Man Utd is also a shit player according to you but Shinji isn't. Your usual way to rubbish him is to always say he's a SS.

I could remember one post you made in the past where you questioned why Moyes went to buy Mata when we already had Kagawa. This is exactly why you hate them so much. It's just the same thing you have been showing here if a player you don't like is bought, you'll continue finding faults to rubbish such player. Ditto Mourinho. Your sense of judgement is totally faulty and biased.

We can now see your hero, your god, Shinji Kagawa is a shit number 10.

And where was he mostly deployed last season? Central midfield!

The fact is Kagawa isn't just a 10 but a playmaker, I've stated it on here on many occasion.

As a matter of fact, his best season for Dortmund in 11/12 for example had him dropping deep to orchestrate the play while Gundogan was the offensive box-box CM.

Prior to that, Dortmund was pathetic for the first half of that season because they were reeling from Sahin loss and had no one to replace him as an Orchestrator except for a young Gundogan who was more of a box-box CM whenever he played in the CM. They had to depend on Gotze brilliance while both Kagawa and Gundogan were relegated to the bench until the former later got injured and Klopp had to go back to the drawing board.

It was at that time Klopp started deploying Kagawa in a slightly deeper role to orchestrate the moves while Gundogan created the space to be exploited with his dribbling/surging runs and from there, they clinched the double. I see similar thing happening with Silva and Gundogan in the midfield for City because Silva is a similar playmaker as well unlike Debruyne.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Diademk07: 4:32pm On Aug 21, 2016
ChristineC:
I have been reading pages I missed and have noted some guys accuse you of inability to take a stand. what else is happening if not a primary malignant swell inside your brain with subsequent spread to your spine? The ability to formulate immense rubbish and inability to stand upright by it.

A rare gem, brother.

What's that rubbish BTW? Malignant swell spreading to the spine? You're just a fool who's trying to make sense!

For the records, you have little comprehension skills. Even most people knew I was joking because I've already had a lengthy discourse on Pogba prior to that and I even clarified in my subsequent post that I wasn't being serious before the next post.

And stop seeking ny attention here because you won't get one as I'm allergic to a daft toad such as yourself!

2 Likes

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Diademk07: 4:37pm On Aug 21, 2016
tess1:

Lol!

The same Regan Poole that is a defender but being used as a DM once in a while in the youth team? Poole has played majority of his play time as a defender.

Poole started out as midfielder before he was moved to the defence due to his defensive skills and Ariel strength.
Get your fact right first. Even van gaal gave him a cameo in the midfield vs midgetlland.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by elrony(m): 4:37pm On Aug 21, 2016
ChristineC:

grin grin grin
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by AdisaOwala: 4:40pm On Aug 21, 2016
Diademk07:

What's that rubbish BTW? Malignant swell spreading to the spine? You're just a fool who's trying to make sense!

In a nutshell, you have cancer of the brain (responsible for the ìdiotic stuffs you post here) and the tumour has spread to your Spinal cord. cry

Please don't attack me - I was only interpreting what she said!! grin grin

1 Like

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by elrony(m): 4:44pm On Aug 21, 2016
AdisaOwala:

Dadehmola
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by elrony(m): 4:45pm On Aug 21, 2016
AdisaOwala:

In a nutshell, you have cancer of the brain (responsible for the ìdiotic stuffs you post here) and tye tumour has spread to your Spinal cord. cry

grin grin grin grin
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Diademk07: 4:47pm On Aug 21, 2016
AdisaOwala:

In a nutshell, you have cancer of the brain (responsible for the ìdiotic stuffs you post here) and it has spread to your Spinal cord. cry

I was expecting that! Spinal cord is a tissue as opposed to a spine, a hardened vertebra column.

I know the bulbous head of the brain seems to be attached to the lengthy spinal chord that runs down.

The toad was trying to be intelligent! Hian!

(1) (2) (3) ... (3193) (3194) (3195) (3196) (3197) (3198) (3199) ... (14174) (Reply)

Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021

Viewing this topic: Onkoolos, CallTheCops(m), LORDLARGE(m) and 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 76
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.