Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,540 members, 7,812,681 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 05:29 PM

Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion - European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) (3199) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) / Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion (8688364 Views)

Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 / Manchester United Fan Thread: Premier League Champions 2010/11 / Manchester United Fan thread: Forever Reds (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (3196) (3197) (3198) (3199) (3200) (3201) (3202) ... (14145) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by UniqueGem(m): 8:07pm On Aug 21, 2016
timdavis:
What's the username?
Sorry for the late reply. It's @Manunitedinpidgin
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Lana1(m): 8:08pm On Aug 21, 2016
dopeJemi:

Hope you no wan turn spy, if Bailly is worse than smalling on the ball, doesn't that make smalling better?
No vex. I just dey wake up wen i dey type am ni. lipsrsealed
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by GBR1(m): 8:11pm On Aug 21, 2016
AdisaOwala:

Isnt it obvious that Kagawa10 is a lunatic? undecided
Beyond obvious actually. grin

I wish this his current moniker diadem07 get banned too and I hope he never returns.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Diademk07: 8:15pm On Aug 21, 2016
GBR1:

Beyond obvious actually. grin

I wish this his current moniker diadem07 get banned too and I hope he never returns.

Cowardly liar! grin

1 Like

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Danhumprey: 8:20pm On Aug 21, 2016
SailorXY:
I no know why them dey drag wetin clear as daylight
lol. grin grin
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Lana1(m): 8:22pm On Aug 21, 2016
Oasis007:

undecided
You shouldn't have taken it too personal?! Simple joke and you bite back so hard!
Habaa!!!
No hard feelings bro. I no follow anybody vex o smiley
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by PietroRico(m): 8:23pm On Aug 21, 2016
Lana1:
Small thing wey i talk, see as una come out with ur machetes, shotguns and grenades grin grin

So Bailly is worse than Smalling with the ball at his feet now means Smalling is better than Bailly?? undecided
Anyways, una no wrong. Smalling is better than Bailly and even Whoscored and Squawka agree with me smiley

Since some people here will not even try and see along someone else's PoV until they ve stats Shoved in their faces, then here we go:

Note: Smalling started all 35 games while Bailly also started all 25 of his. And from the stats below, there is nothing that suggests Bailly is a better ball player or even a better defender than Smalling. At least not at this moment.

Cc Funlordjnr, Pietrorico, afrodoc2, oasis007
Oh pls, don't go Down this line. It is unnecessarily stressful.

That Smalling passed a million times doesn't make him a Ball playing defender.
Smalling isn't one and can never be one.

Bailly is infinitely better on the ball.

The argument isn't about who is the better defender.
Bailey being a better ball player doesn't necessarily make him better than Smalling at defending. That's another debate on its own and it's not one I'm interested in dabbling into at the moment.
Stones is arguably better on the ball than pretty much anyone else in England, but the general consensus is that he has been shıte at defending in the past 2 seasons.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by SailorXY: 8:27pm On Aug 21, 2016
Lana1:
Small thing wey i talk, see as una come out with ur machetes, shotguns and grenades grin grin

So Bailly is worse than Smalling with the ball at his feet now means Smalling is better than Bailly?? undecided
Anyways, una no wrong. Smalling is better than Bailly and even Whoscored and Squawka agree with me smiley

Since some people here will not even try and see along someone else's PoV until they ve stats Shoved in their faces, then here we go:

Note: Smalling started all 35 games while Bailly also started all 25 of his. And from the stats below, there is nothing that suggests Bailly is a better ball player or even a better defender than Smalling. At least not at this moment.

Cc Funlordjnr, Pietrorico, afrodoc2, oasis007
Bailly is not a better defender than Smalling but he takes better care of the ball when in possession.
I'd partner both of them tho cuz they both can actually DEFEND.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Elxandre(m): 8:35pm On Aug 21, 2016
ChristineC:
Shut up sir. My statement is pretty clear. A simple search can help you, don't be lazy. Should you substitute spread of cancerous cells to your spine to mean spine cancer or whatever you conjured inside your dead-cell filled cranium, I cannot assist you any further.
Like Raumdeuter told someone, I am not responsible for what you comprehend only what I write.
Get lost, Sir
Yours Faithfully,
ChristineC.

2 Likes

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by dubylhover(m): 8:39pm On Aug 21, 2016
Diademk07:

How many competitive match has Poole played?

How old is the bouy BTW. The player is even alternating between the defence and the midfield in the academy. Take TFM for example, we don't even know how's he gonna end up.

At least, Van gaal gave him a midfield cameo which he rarely did with TFM.

Abegi, all this your unnecessary argument dey irritate me.

I believe tess1 wants you to tell us where you observed the spatial awareness of Poole..you fed us shit that he was more of. Carrick replacement but after some research it turned outtat hhe's a defender, i remember you always said that you've watched enough of poole..so tell us the matches that poole was a deep lying playmaker who is "Carrick's replacement".

Nb..we are discussing Poole,pks don't bring up tfm or kimmich
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Diademk07: 8:48pm On Aug 21, 2016
dubylhover:

I believe tess1 wants you to tell us where you observed the spatial awareness of Poole..you fed us shit that he was more of. Carrick replacement but after some research it turned outtat hhe's a defender, i remember you always said that you've watched enough of poole..so tell us the matches that poole was a deep lying playmaker who is "Carrick's replacement".

Nb..we are discussing Poole,pks don't bring up tfm or kimmich

In the reserves game vs City u 21 team. He was our second best player after Harrop left. His short vertical passes and crossfield passes were sublime in the match, so was his defensive skills 'cos he was the one blocking out all the shots City fired against us as soon as Harrop left the pitch.

Secondly, Poole has played 12 games for Newport in league 2, which shows he has little experience just like Kimmich/Weigl had little experience in Bundelsiga B league before joining their respective clubs.

Thirdly, he's no deep-playmaker but a holding midfielder that got eyes for pass. Also, I factor his inexperience and the reason I wanted Kante beside him to help out.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Danhumprey: 8:49pm On Aug 21, 2016
GBR1:
Cursed be the day this mad man found this thread.

And the people say 'AMEN' grin

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by dubylhover(m): 8:52pm On Aug 21, 2016
Diademk07:

In the reserves game vs City u 21 team. He was our second best player after Harrop left. His short vertical passes and crossfield passes were sublime in the match, so was his defensive skills 'cos he was the one blocking out all the shots City fired against us as soon as Harrop left the pitch.

Secondly, Poole has played 12 games for Newport in league 2, which shows he has little experience just like Kimmich/Weigl had little experience in Bundelsiga B league before joining their respective clubs.

Thirdly, he's no deep-playmaker but a holding midfielder that got eyes for pass. Also, I factor his inexperience and the reason I wanted Kante beside him to help out.

Okk..in that match so poole played as a midfielder
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Diademk07: 8:57pm On Aug 21, 2016
dubylhover:

Okk..in that match so poole played as a midfielder

In a 3-man defence I think.

For the reserves, he's been constantly alternating between the defence and midfield, and according to report, he's been fantastic as a CDM for the reserves. In fact, his best game for them was as a CDM vs Oldham reserves last season. I didn't watch the game though, just from the report.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Diademk07: 9:14pm On Aug 21, 2016
Just checked, Poole actually played as a DM in that City match.
That makes 2 fantastic matches he's had as a CDM.
For me, he looks better as a CDM than as a defender eventhough he's quite good in that role as well.

Van gaal wouldn't have given him a cameo in the midfield if he didn't rate him as a midfielder.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by hholar(m): 9:32pm On Aug 21, 2016
zlatan baba nlaaa

1 Like

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Lana1(m): 9:36pm On Aug 21, 2016
PietroRico:
Oh pls, don't go Down this line. It is unnecessarily stressful.

That Smalling passed a million times doesn't make him a Ball playing defender.
Smalling isn't one and can never be one.

Bailly is infinitely better on the ball.

The argument isn't about who is the better defender.
Bailey being a better ball player doesn't necessarily make him better than Smalling at defending. That's another debate on its own and it's not one I'm interested in dabbling into at the moment.
Stones is arguably better on the ball than pretty much anyone else in England, but the general consensus is that he has been shıte at defending in the past 2 seasons.
*Sigh*
Football fans can never be satisfied.

I said Bailly is worse on d ball. Y'all said No. Bailly is better on d ball. I've provided Stats to back up my claim.
And despite overwhelming evidence dat Smalling is better with the ball, You still say No. Abi shey Squawka wan dey lie about those stats ni??

I never said Smalling was an awesome ball player. Nevertheless, he's still better than Bailly at it. And Smalling played 10 more league games than Bailly last season. So obviously, Smalling ll ve more passes. And that was why i used "average per game" and "per 90 min metrics" to make the comparisons more objective.

Anyways me sef don tire for the arguments for this place. That's why i mostly keep quiet these days.

I'm also not here to debate who's d better defender between the two. I only brought this "ball playing" thing up coz of the people wey no wan give Smalling his deserved credit but are already hailing Bailly after just 2 games against 2 of the EPLs inferior sides.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Diademk07: 9:42pm On Aug 21, 2016
It seems the new Psg coach doesn't fancy Verratti. If that's it, we should quickly grab am o.

He's my ultimate dream midfielder!
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Lana1(m): 9:45pm On Aug 21, 2016
SailorXY:

Bailly is not a better defender than Smalling but he takes better care of the ball when in possession.
I'd partner both of them tho cuz they both can actually DEFEND.
Thank u o. CBs are supposed to defend and protect the goal and GK. Since when did we start worrying about CBs being ball players?? How good was Vidic on the ball??

Mesef wan see Smalling and Bailly partnership. Their partnership might be young, rash and maybe inexperienced. But with time, they would form a strong understanding at the back that'll be the backbone for many of our Clean sheets this season.
Blind has earned his place. But he should bounce back to his DM/LB and leave the defenders in d team to do the defending
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Diademk07: 9:56pm On Aug 21, 2016
And for those who doesn't love youth, Zidane is already taking that bold step at Madrid.

I really don't know what's wrong with the some set of our fans nowadays 'cos Manutd was built on youth policy.

1 Like

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by AikayDaWrapper(m): 9:57pm On Aug 21, 2016
To all those people who hate on every single thing Mourinho does and want man utd to be using substandard players there's a forum for you and it's called RAWK.

I think you'll find the lunatics there much to your specifications.

GGMU

3 Likes

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Diademk07: 10:01pm On Aug 21, 2016
I think some peeps should define the reason they started supporting manutd. That's would be a real soul searching for them.

1 Like

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by tess1(m): 10:54pm On Aug 21, 2016
Diademk07:

How many competitive match has Poole played?

How old is the bouy BTW. The player is even alternating between the defence and the midfield in the academy. Take TFM for example, we don't even know how's he gonna end up.

At least, Van gaal gave him a midfield cameo which he rarely did with TFM.

Abegi, all this your unnecessary argument dey irritate me.

He played 15 competitive matches for Newport County before he was bought by Man Utd and all those matches were as a defender.

He played three competitive matches for Wales as U17, all were in the defence.

Why is it so difficult for you to tell me the matches you've seen him play as a midfielder and as a defender for Man Utd. If he's alternating between the defence and the midfield, let's know the number of matches.

How did LVG give a player that was sub on at 91 mins a midfield cameo? Phil Jones must be a midfielder because he has been given a midfield role in matches. If his best position is midfield, by now he would've been playing more there. You don't even know the player you are talking about very well.

It is when you've lost the argument that it is now irritating you.

1 Like

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by tess1(m): 11:20pm On Aug 21, 2016
Diademk07:
Just checked, Poole actually played as a DM in that City match.
That makes 2 fantastic matches he's had as a CDM.
For me, he looks better as a CDM than as a defender eventhough he's quite good in that role as well.

Van gaal wouldn't have given him a cameo in the midfield if he didn't rate him as a midfielder.

Yinmu!

He looks better as a CDM and Warren Joyce has used him as a defender in 6/7 U21 matches for us. You must know more than him.

LVG brought him on the 91st minute and so much rated him that he never used him again until he was sacked.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by afrodoc2: 11:42pm On Aug 21, 2016
Poole has been playing alongside Tuanzebe in central defence and Tuanzebe is the better player in that position.
In central midfield it seems Warren Joyce prefers Redmond and Willock who seem to be the box 2 box type and Goss who is a left footed Michael Carrick.
I will start watching out for this Poole to see what the hype is all about but IMO the best reserve player we have now is Tuanzebe.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Diademk07: 11:45pm On Aug 21, 2016
tess1:

He played 15 competitive matches for Newport County before he was bought by Man Utd and all those matches were as a defender.

He played three competitive matches for Wales as U17, all were in the defence.

Why is it so difficult for you to tell me the matches you've seen him play as a midfielder and as a defender for Man Utd. If he's alternating between the defence and the midfield, let's know the number of matches.

How did LVG give a player that was sub on at 91 mins a midfield cameo? Phil Jones must be a midfielder because he has been given a midfield role in matches. If his best position is midfield, by now he would've been playing more there. You don't even know the player you are talking about very well.

It is when you've lost the argument that it is now irritating you.

You know Schweisteiger was a winger at one time before Van gaal happened? If a 24+ player could change position, what more of a young player who was primarily a midfielder?

1 Like

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Diademk07: 11:49pm On Aug 21, 2016
tess1:

Yinmu!

He looks better as a CDM and Warren Joyce has used him as a defender in 6/7 U21 matches for us. You must know more than him.

LVG brought him on the 91st minute and so much rated him that he never used him again until he was sacked.

Tuzenbe got injured. Furthermore, Warren often play the players in different position to horn their mentality. For example, januzaj was used a lot as a striker, Varela on the wing, Harrop in the CM or on the wing etc.

Take TFM for example who doesn't even have an assured position with the way he's been moved from the midfield, fullback to defence in the reserves.

And are you forgetting the fact that, Poole got signed last season and had time getting his permit?
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Diademk07: 11:53pm On Aug 21, 2016
afrodoc2:
Poole has been playing alongside Tuanzebe in central defence and Tuanzebe is the better player in that position.
In central midfield it seems Warren Joyce prefers Redmond and Willock who seem to be the box 2 box type and Goss who is a left footed Michael Carrick.
I will start watching out for this Poole to see what the hype is all about but IMO the best reserve player we have now is Tuanzebe.

Once Shuan Williams returns to the team or if TFM had to go back to the reserves, Poole would likely be moved back to the midfield.

Warren tends to use the players in various position though but personally, I think Poole best position is the midfield. I even stated that in my earlier post 'cos his best performance has always been in the midfield for the reserves.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by afrodoc2: 12:01am On Aug 22, 2016
Diademk07:

Once Shuan Williams returns to the team or if TFM had to go back to the reserves, Poole would likely be moved back to the midfield.

Warren tends to use the players in various position though but personally, I think Poole best position is the midfield. I even stated that in my earlier post 'cos his best performance has always been in the midfield for the reserves.

Roshaun Williams u mean. I agree with this. The question is whether Poole is ready for 1st team football, and from what i remember watching him he is not. MAYBE in 2 years, one should not get carried away by reserve team performances. I have followed our reserve team for years and i have seen guys shine at youth team level but struggle at senior level for different reasons. Poole is not there yet in terms of PHYSICALITY. He needs a full season with the reserves, I would send Sean Goss to the senior team this season.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Diademk07: 12:05am On Aug 22, 2016
Another is Goss factor, who is often used as a deeplying playmaker in the mould of Pirlo, hence having a holding CDM who operate in a similar way although with different skillset won't look good but last season, he was out injured. His return to the team this season would likely push Poole to the defence as well..

Anyway, the youth players are mostly played in different position by Warren.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by afrodoc2: 12:11am On Aug 22, 2016
Diademk07:
Another is Goss factor, who is often used as a deeplying playmaker in the mould of Pirlo, hence having a holding CDM who operate in a similar way although with different skillset won't look good but last season, he was out injured. His return to the team this season would likely push Poole to the defence as well..

Anyway, the youth players are mostly played in different position by Warren.

If EVERYBODY in the reserve team is fit Poole will struggle to get a starting shirt so how can he be ready to start for the 1st team?
It is normal for fans to get excited about young talent but one has to be realistic that sometimes they need time to grow in the reserve system first. Goss is older and more mature and more prepared for 1st team football.

1 Like

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Diademk07: 12:14am On Aug 22, 2016
afrodoc2:

Roshaun Williams u mean. I agree with this. The question is whether Poole is ready for 1st team football, and from what i remember watching him he is not. MAYBE in 2 years, one should not get carried away by reserve team performances. I have followed our reserve team for years and i have seen guys shine at youth team level but struggle at senior level for different reasons. Poole is not there yet in terms of PHYSICALITY. He needs a full season with the reserves, I would send Sean Goss to the senior team this season.

I rate Goss but I don't think he's ready. He's a bit fragile and slow in the midfield. In fact, he often fluctuate in the game, he's more of a playmaker although people often liken him to Carrick because he sits deep and he's slow but one main thing is he's poor in the defensive aspect of his game.

Poole on the other hand is strong in the air or in any ground duel and has good defensive nous. His vision isn't as fantastic as Goss but he's got a good vision as a holding midfielder.

Harrop on the other hand is also a playmaker like Goss but much more mobile with lovely tricks in his arsenal like Modric. Willock is an offensive box-box CM.

(1) (2) (3) ... (3196) (3197) (3198) (3199) (3200) (3201) (3202) ... (14145) (Reply)

Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021

Viewing this topic: 7 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 68
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.