Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,606 members, 7,812,986 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 01:24 AM

Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion - European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) (3218) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) / Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion (8690255 Views)

Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 / Manchester United Fan Thread: Premier League Champions 2010/11 / Manchester United Fan thread: Forever Reds (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (3215) (3216) (3217) (3218) (3219) (3220) (3221) ... (14145) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by eph12(m): 1:38pm On Aug 28, 2016
AdisaOwala:
I personally do not like Fellaini's style of play but if he's key to Mourihno's plans and those plans continue to give us positive results, Afro-man should keep his place jare.

There's no point fixing what's not broken
My point.
I personally never visioned Fellaini in this role as he can be sluggish but he has been doing great. If we can pick up at least 90% of our points against small team we will be in great position to win the league. United is not bringing in any more player into the squad so let's hope for the best. Well if you not satisfied we can bring in Poole
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by eph12(m): 1:47pm On Aug 28, 2016
dopeJemi:

You obviously haven't seen Sergio play, if you have the time, look for clips of Sergio or carrick

Have you seen what fernandinho does for man city? or thiago motta for PSG, To me blind is a better DM than fellaini, the only disadvantage is his height and small body

This is more than just hating on a player as most of you would like to make it seem

Fellaini has done well but should never be considered for a long term
Being a DM no be only by jaguda bros
Fellaini was never considered for the long term.
Carrick played his best games for us beside Scholes because the work was never left alone for him. In fact Scholes was doing the dirty jobs and Carrick was supposed to be the DM? The primary aim of the DM us to protect the defence. You have 5 other players you can give the ball to and support but you want him to drag the ball 40 yards. There is nothing to watch about Busquets other than winning the ball back and releasing it. Nothing. Is it Fernandinho that is always out of position? And that's because he always want to stray forward.

1 Like

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Oasis007(m): 1:48pm On Aug 28, 2016
Rashford played well yesterday, he's a good Lad, but it's too early to rate him ahead of Martial!

Martial has not lost it, he's just getting back to form, and he's definitely gonna pick up from where he stopped last season.

Fellaini is simply an underrated Player at the moment..... he has improved a lot under José, and so far he has performed excellently!

If Mourinho prefers the Afro-Man over Schleiderlin, Carrick and Herrera, then we should know there is something really special about him. He's simply the first Player I thought Mourinho would get rid off, but he's gradually becoming an integral part of Mou's starting Lineup!

1 Like

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Funlordjnr: 2:53pm On Aug 28, 2016
Please let's get 1 thing straight here! Fellaini is an average central or defensive midfielder! Even the early season form you lads are yapping about is virtually non existent to me!

This Is the same brute that was at fault for causing our 1st official goal against us this season(in the community shield) and almost cost us the lead by needlessly giving away 2 stupid freekicks about 25 yards from the post! If only hull had a "messi, payet or ronaldo" type freekick taker we may have been 2-0 down by the end of the 1st half!

His card count has already started stacking up! He got a yellow yesterday that could have jeopardised the teams efforts, and his needless elbows and holding players are red card accidents waiting to happen when we get to the europa league where refs are more heartless! His passes are always safe options, never any defence splitting or over the top ones, his goal count is minimal and he never seems able to make a difference when in the wall even if he looks like an iroko tree!

The truth is fellaini is a "jose type" player for now, strength, height to make a difference during set pieces or corners, and one willing to unleash the dark arts in order to aid the teams ultimate aim which is victory! At man united we have always had DM's or CM's who may have been brutal but were good footballers: "bryan robson, paul ince, nicky butt, roy keane".....these are our standards and fellaini does not meet up! I don't know what "scheniderleins" problem is, because "carrick" is old and "bastian" wants to only watch tennis! If he could step up he would be the typical guy we need at 4!

Fellaini has just been doing what fellaini always does! I saw him play games like this under LVG sef! Nothing exceptional yet, let's keep watching!

2 Likes

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by AikayDaWrapper(m): 2:57pm On Aug 28, 2016
Oasis007:
Rashford played well yesterday, he's a good Lad, but it's too early to rate him ahead of Martial!

Martial has not lost it, he's just getting back to form, and he's definitely gonna pick up from where he stopped last season.

Fellaini is simply an underrated Player at the moment..... he has improved a lot under José, and so far he has performed excellently!

If Mourinho prefers the Afro-Man over Schleiderlin, Carrick and Herrera, then we should know there is something really special about him. He's simply the first Player I thought Mourinho would get rid off, but he's gradually becoming an integral part of Mou's starting Lineup!
I swear after what Martial did last season people are expecting a lot from him. It's like they've forgotten that he's still a 20 year old.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by sinizia: 3:20pm On Aug 28, 2016
Debroslink:

Quoted for future reference against Airmark.
LMFAO!! paying back Airmark in his own coin? grin
Well, I think he started it first, so it's fair.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by elampiro(m): 3:28pm On Aug 28, 2016
chrisley024:
I must confess it is like we've the best backup players in the league; they can come in and bring a different dimension to the game. The challenge will be keeping them happy though.

I still don't support Fellaini to shield that our back four. Dude has tried, against wee teams, but is rash and just bullies players with no football sense/proper reading of the game/positioning. Lacks good forward passes and easily drawn away from his position. Hoping he doesn't get exposed in big games and cost us points.

How did you arrive at this Fellaini's stuff? I thought you said you didn't watch the match.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by n0m0705(m): 3:51pm On Aug 28, 2016
elampiro:

How did you arrive at this Fellaini's stuff? I thought you said you didn't watch the match.
grin you go fear people na, I don't know what they want from the guy, the same way they doubted blind even some of them started criticising bailey before he kicked the ball for United. Awon analyst aiye grin
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Oasis007(m): 4:04pm On Aug 28, 2016
AikayDaWrapper:

I swear after what Martial did last season people are expecting a lot from him. It's like they've forgotten that he's still a 20 year old.

The funniest thing is; if Rashford eventually replaces Martial in the Lineup and flops..... the same set of Fans would demand his immediate relegation to the U21 Team - siting his inexperience as the reason!

A lost Fan was even asking for Depay to replace Martial! This thread needs to be fumigated!
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by elampiro(m): 4:05pm On Aug 28, 2016
dopeJemi:
I totally agree with Chrisley, Fellaini lacks football sense, all he does is pass to the player closest to him, bully players off the ball, use his height to his advantage, sometimes there to intercept

This is Fellaini, and like Chrisley said, we deserve more than fellaini as our no4

The only thing that can cost Fellaini his position for a while is his injury. If we deserve more than Fellaini, then that person is not currently in Manchester United.

Firstly, compared to last season we are winning more aerial dues than our opponents, and Fellaini is the one winning them in midfield where it is most difficult to win aerial dues. We have won 65% of our aerial dues in the last two games, last season it was the opposite.

Last season if opposition wanted to destabilise our play, then begin by playing up balls and long balls. Let them come and try it this season with Fellaini, Ibrahimovic, Bailly, Pogba. Smalling is still on the bench.

Secondly, Fellaini is not just heading away aerial balls, he is mostly heading them to the closest team mates, the one I like most is when he brings them down with his chest within his control.I must confess my admiration towards the way he uses the ball these days.

Thirdly, his passes are okay. Do the dirty job and pass to the team mates who can carry the ball forward. So far he has done well.

Fellaini and Blind are very good in their positions under Mourinho. But I have a feeling that Blind might be exposed when we play a DM who will have problem dealing with up balls.

1 Like

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by elampiro(m): 4:08pm On Aug 28, 2016

"Assister of the Assist Man "

What is the genesis behind this? I just dey see am. grin

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by SIRcumalot: 4:08pm On Aug 28, 2016
see that man city goal
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by dubylhover(m): 4:10pm On Aug 28, 2016
grin just saw this on twitter...degea under lvg and mou

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by elampiro(m): 4:16pm On Aug 28, 2016
n0m0705:

grin you go fear people na, I don't know what they want from the guy, the same way they doubted blind even some of them started criticising bailey before he kicked the ball for United. Awon analyst aiye grin

I also doubted Blind. But he appears to have worked on himself over the summer. He looks a bit stronger and faster than last season, coupled with his intelligence.. Mehn I just pray he continues even against fast oppositions like Arsenal.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by AdisaOwala: 4:17pm On Aug 28, 2016
elampiro:

What is the genesis behind this? I just dey see am. grin

The boy is deluded - pay him no mind!
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by n0m0705(m): 4:20pm On Aug 28, 2016
elampiro:

I also doubted Blind. But he appears to have worked on himself over the summer. He looks a bit stronger and faster than last season, coupled with his intelligence.. Mehn I just pray he continues even against fast oppositions like Arsenal.
I never doubted blind, he may look too soft but he has shown us over and over that he has the intelligence to make up for his physique. If player like blind plays for Barcelona he would be the best defender in the world. Even now he is not far off.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Oasis007(m): 4:30pm On Aug 28, 2016
dubylhover:
grin just saw this on twitter...degea under lvg and mou

grin grin grin

Diademk07 won't like this!
Our last Match was a Testimony! DDG wasn't tested for the whole 90mins!
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Funlordjnr: 4:30pm On Aug 28, 2016
grin
n0m0705:

I never doubted blind, he may look too soft but he has shown us over and over that he has the intelligence to make up for his physique. If player like blind plays for Barcelona he would be the BEST DEFENDER IN THE WORLD the world. Even NOW HE IS NOT FAR OFF.

Chei!

Bros we still dey august oh! Chillax.........form may be temporary!
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by UniqueGem(m): 4:32pm On Aug 28, 2016
The difference between Martial and Rash is decisiveness. Rash is very decisive with the ball while Martial likes to play with the ball. That is why Martial isn't fit for a striking position. He's a confident lad and he'll regain his rythm.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Oasis007(m): 4:34pm On Aug 28, 2016
Pep keeps amazing me! He's indeed a superb Manager I must confess!

What is he turning Man City too?! Will United be able to conquer and paint the whole Manchester Red with Pep at the other Half?!

September 10 is the Date!!! - we will see and know who actually is superior between Jose Mourinho And Pep Guardiola!!!

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by parrotibaba(m): 4:39pm On Aug 28, 2016
sinizia:

As for Parrotibaba that was arguing with Wîngback, I pity you bro. That nigga is a troll. Yeah, he makes sense sometimes, but most times he spews trash. Ever wonder I don't reply his posts? He's the pink font-using moniker. I noticed him earlier last year when he was using different monikers posting on FP threads on Nairaland, steady posting pics of his boots, breakfast and laptop on EVERY thread. He was banned endlessly and he had numerous monikers. One of his monickers is Nigeriiantroll or something like that, that's to show you who he is. It's high time you learned that many are mad but few are roaming. Don't engage in mind numbing debates with every Dîck, Tom and Harry. That nigga will frustrate you. I don warn you finish.

Oga I had no idea say na troll e be, I been think say na all these new niggas wey just smoke weed for the first time.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Nobody: 4:42pm On Aug 28, 2016
Mourinho causing fights with his own construction workers. This man has got issues.

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Lana1(m): 4:50pm On Aug 28, 2016
*Sigh*

City leading 2-0 b4 the half hour mark. They ve been really precise and sharp all over the pitch in the first three matches so far. Especially in attack.

I know its still early days. But the title race looks like its gon be really tight. And right now, i give Chelsea the advantage coz of the lack of mid week fixtures.

And as it stands, only GD will seperate the top 3. We really need to start scoring more goals and conceding as less goals as possible. We might ve another 11/12 season on our hands.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by raumdeuter: 4:51pm On Aug 28, 2016
Oasis007:
Pep keeps amazing me! He's indeed a superb Manager I must confess!

What is he turning Man City too?! Will United be able to conquer and paint the whole Manchester Red with Pep at the other Half?!

September 10 is the Date!!! - we will see and know who actually is superior between Jose Mourinho And Pep Guardiola!!!

Sircumalot

Can he do it in Stoke? Done. No this isnt the Stoke of Tony Pulis

Can he do it vs physical sides like West Ham?

There are no small teams in EPL. City is only winning vs small teams
Just compiling the excuses for the next "Pep confidential"

2 Likes

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by GBR1(m): 4:51pm On Aug 28, 2016
Seems we have a new resident lunatic. undecided
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by GBR1(m): 4:54pm On Aug 28, 2016
Lana1:
*Sigh*

City leading 2-0 b4 the half hour mark. They ve been really precise and sharp all over the pitch in the first three matches so far. Especially in attack.

I know its still early days. But the title race looks like its gon be really tight. And right now, i give Chelsea the advantage coz of the lack of mid week fixtures.

And as it stands, only GD will seperate the top 3. We really need to start scoring more goals and conceding as less goals as possible. We might ve another 11/12 season on our hands.
You can't really say such things.

In 11/12 we scored 21 goals in the first 5 matches and looked far above the rest. If someone told you then that we would lose the title on goal difference, would you have believed it?

No. People should stop getting ahead of themselves unnecessarily.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by RuuDie(m): 5:16pm On Aug 28, 2016
elampiro:

grin

If we go through this thread properly, I am 100% certain we will find that you have made this exact same statement sometime in the past. So no throw stones inside market ooo...
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by dopeJemi: 5:19pm On Aug 28, 2016
eph12:

Fellaini was never considered for the long term.
Carrick played his best games for us beside Scholes because the work was never left alone for him. In fact Scholes was doing the dirty jobs and Carrick was supposed to be the DM? The primary aim of the DM us to protect the defence. You have 5 other players you can give the ball to and support but you want him to drag the ball 40 yards. There is nothing to watch about Busquets other than winning the ball back and releasing it. Nothing. Is it Fernandinho that is always out of position? And that's because he always want to stray forward.

Scholes, carrick, Sergio, fernandinho all have one thing in common, vision and intelligence, fellaini simply has none

An intelligent DM might sight a free player ahead and release the ball to him, fellaini would not do that, he would rather pass to the person closest to him, hence slowing down play, if you complaining of slow build up play, look no further than fellaini cause he's a major culprit

Oga I no get time for long talk, fellaini might be doing just fine now but he's bang average, if he job na to form wall in front of the defence then make he no dey pass that center circle cause apart from standing in for set pieces, he's pretty much useless

Later

1 Like

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by dubylhover(m): 5:19pm On Aug 28, 2016
Oasis007:

grin grin grin

Diademk07 won't like this!
Our last Match was a Testimony! DDG wasn't tested for the whole 90mins!

grin cheesy I hope it continues like this
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by dopeJemi: 5:19pm On Aug 28, 2016
RuuDie:

If we go through this thread properly, I am 100% certain we will find that you have made this exact same statement sometime in the past. So no throw stones inside market ooo...

Nah, what elampiro says is third assist or so
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Caveatemptor(m): 5:26pm On Aug 28, 2016
West Ham have pulled one back. In my opinion Pep looks worried.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by PietroRico(m): 5:27pm On Aug 28, 2016
This bilic dey mumu sometimes. He keeps playing Antonio at rb because of shít gokhan tore, keeping Byram who can actually defend on the bench.
It cost them vs Chelski and now city.

(1) (2) (3) ... (3215) (3216) (3217) (3218) (3219) (3220) (3221) ... (14145) (Reply)

Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021

Viewing this topic: eph12(m) and 2 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 76
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.