Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,718 members, 7,831,269 topics. Date: Friday, 17 May 2024 at 04:23 PM

Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion - European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) (3227) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) / Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion (8776399 Views)

Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 / Manchester United Fan Thread: Premier League Champions 2010/11 / Manchester United Fan thread: Forever Reds (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (3224) (3225) (3226) (3227) (3228) (3229) (3230) ... (14175) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by parrotibaba(m): 6:59pm On Sep 02, 2016
Aguero handed a 3 match ban following an fa review of his elbow on Reid. He will miss 2 premier league games(United and Bournmouth) and also the EFL cup game against Swansea.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by sinizia: 7:31pm On Sep 02, 2016
kokaneprodigy:

u are the gullible one here for quoting a site without pedigree,
Secondly the issue of Jersey sales has been flogged on this thread.
Clubs don't manufacture the jerseys, that amount "if even true" does not go to yawnited's acct.

You are just yarning opaks!! No-one was arguing where players' total shirts sales money is heading to between you two, you brought it up for no good reason.

Also, you're mixing two different scenarios together. When the Zlatan issue came up, others and I disagreed coz of the TIME SPAN between the alleged shirts sales amount. Zlatan's jersey started selling on a Monday, by the 4th day which was Thursday, the rumors surfaced that he's sold the amount of jerseys that could fund Pogba's fees. Bear in mind that Pogba's fees back then were rumored to be £120m. So me and others disagreed that Zlatan can sell such an amount in a short time.

But this news (BTW, which I don't believe yet coz the site is not credible) is plausible judging by the time span of the purported sales which is 3 weeks. So while I don't believe it yet, Pogba's hype, superstar status, fan base, marketability and United's fan base + financial ingenuity, makes it more plausible than that of Zlatan's which was just 4 days. Or you think United will shell out such a humongous amount on a player that's not a cash cow financially?
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by eph12(m): 7:51pm On Sep 02, 2016
Diadem should be happy that kante was first choice
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by sinizia: 7:52pm On Sep 02, 2016
I felt happy and sad reading Kante's interview.

Sad for the fact that this was the nigga I wanted all through the holidays. I even cussed Mourinho for not making any approach on that beast. I was really pissed back then reading no concrete rumour of United approach for Kante.

But I was happy finding out Mourinho even called him before Chelshit got him, way before we signed Pogba. At least it shows Mourinho knows a good player when he sees one. Coz I was asking myself if Mourinho didn't watch EPL last season not to make a move on that ninja.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Kolade354(m): 8:12pm On Sep 02, 2016
I thought I was the only was suprised mou didn't move for Lord Kante.
Lord Kante snubbed mou to play for the Don.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Nobody: 8:18pm On Sep 02, 2016
joeace2020:

I don't normally quote trolls most especially of the assnal origin, but i can't pass just one opportunity to tell a gayner to fvck off...so dude Fvck off! And while you are working on a comeback i wouldn't be bothered replying. Ive got a job to head to, unlike you i don't live on social welfare
Can you calm the fúck down and stop barking like a rabid dog!!!
My offence was simply pointing out ur post was full of lies. U can't come lie to our face on a public forum. If u wanna lie and go undisputed then do that in ur closet amongst ur gullible folks and not on the internet.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Nobody: 12:03am On Sep 03, 2016
Valencia absolutely deserves to win the award but how the fvck does parking a bus win you the award?

Guardiola should win it, his team scored more goals and looked lively. This is some Bullshit.

We beat average teams while Guardiola thrashed west ham. The judges must be blind if they give it to mourinho
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by zlatan10(m): 12:04am On Sep 03, 2016
BAKAYOKO: MONACO CAN CHALLENGE PSG... THEY DON'T HAVE ZLATAN NOW!

The 22-year-old midfielder believes Ibrahimovic's exit to Man Utd makes the Ligue 1 holders a less formidable force, while he is also hoping to shine in the Champions League
Young Monaco star Tiemoue Bakayoko has set his sights on toppling Paris Saint-Germain in the current season, and sees no reason why his side cannot fight for the title.
PSG have won four consecutive Ligue 1 crowns since Qatar Sports Investments' takeover in 2012 made the capital club one of the richest teams in the world.
Stars like Zlatan Ibrahimovic have helped them to the most successful spell in their history, but Bakayoko believes the exit of the striker makes PSG more vulnerable.
"This season, I hope we finish in the top two. There is the duel with Lyon, but I think this year we can get closer to PSG," he explained to Goal.
"Without Ibra, perhaps this is not the same team. While Cavani is one of the best strikers in the world, I think rivals are more confident and are convinced they can win.
"When Ibra is there, you know that it will be difficult, that you must not leave a single centimetre."
The 22-year-old midfielder enjoyed a fine season with Monaco in 2015-16, helping the principality club reach the Champions League.
Bakayoko hopes his team go far in the European competition, and cannot help but dream of fighting in the final stages.
"It would be nice to qualify for the first stage. After that, it would be good to go to at least the quarter-finals," he said.
"I'm 22 and it's time to show what I can do. I really aim to bring big performances in this competition as Bernardo [Silva], Yannick [Ferreira Carrasco], Geoffrey [Kondogbia] or others were able to do two years ago."
The youngster is also thinking ahead to a possible France call-up, although he is determined to keep working hard to earn a place with Les Bleus.
"I'm a player that does not get talked about much, although that could change this time. I do not think the gap is so big to get there," he affirmed.
"I must continue to work, to play well and there is no reason that one day I won't receive the call."
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by AdisaOwala: 12:39am On Sep 03, 2016
Many are mad, few are roaming undecided

1 Like

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by joeace2020(m): 6:56am On Sep 03, 2016
And they will open their gutter to tell us LVG was a fantastic manager....boring senile man and his senile fans

Former Manchester United boss Louis van Gaal overlooked by Belgium after 'boring' preliminary interview

By Adam Crafton for the dailymail

Louis van Gaal was among a number of candidates considered by Belgium
The ex-United boss' 'exhausting' preliminary interview saw him lose out
Robert Martinez got the job with his snappy video-based analysis
Louis van Gaal was overlooked for the Belgium job after a preliminary interview because he was deemed to be 'exhausting' by the Belgian federation.

It is understood that Belgium held talks with former Manchester United boss Van Gaal as they searched for a successor to Marc Wilmots following the disappointment of the Euro 2016 exit to Wales.

Van Gaal was on an initial long-list that also included Italian Cesare Prandelli, but only Ralf Rangnick, Rudi Garcia and Roberto Martinez made it down to the final short-list and official interview stage.

The ex-Manchester United boss was on an initial long-list but his job pitch was 'exhausting'
A preliminary meeting was held between Van Gaal and officials from the federation and the Dutchman is believed to have been interested in taking the role.

He, like the other candidates, was aware that the annual salary for the role would be €1m (£840,000) per year. Roy Hodgson was on an annual salary of £3.5m before being leaving his role as England manager this summer.

Van Gaal was asked to outline his vision for the team and Belgian football moving forwards but sources close to the discussions have confided that the the Belgian dignitaries found the Dutchman's philosophy to be both 'draining and exhausting.'

Indeed, it is believed that upon leaving the meeting, there was a feeling among the Belgians that their talented generation of footballers would not respond to Van Gaal's methodical and painstaking approach to analysis.

Roberto Martinez impressed with a video presentation dissecting Belgium's Euro 2016 defeats
At Manchester United, Van Gaal would hold lengthy analysis sessions the day after games with his players. They became dreaded occasions and senior players including Wayne Rooney and Michael Carrick even stepped in to ask Van Gaal to tone down the criticism at the beginning of last season.

The Dutch manager then began sending players personalised emails with video segments attached so that they would not escape the critique. Van Gaal then began tracking the emails to check they were reading his feedback.

Martinez, for his part, made it down to the final stage of interview and he was asked to dissect the Belgium defeats by Italy and Wales during the European Championship.

The ex-Everton boss has brought in Thierry Henry as his No 2 and lost his first game in charge
It is believed that Martinez produced a flawless and clean five point video demonstration of how Belgium needed to improve to push on at the World Cup in 2018. When he left the room, the figures involved in the interview turned to each other simultaneously and agreed Martinez was the right man for the job.

Martinez began his reign with a 2-0 friendly defeat by Spain in Brussels on Thursday evening. His team begin their World Cup qualifying campaign with a trip to Cyprus on Tuesday evening.

1 Like

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Nobody: 7:02am On Sep 03, 2016
Niggas out here mocking his legacy, he is a good philosopher...

Freaking retards_, His undoing was his abysmal transfer activity, I am amazed we finished 5th with our squad. We didnt even deserve that position. I blame the scouting team, they couldnt give him a rundown of the players he wanted. The scouts at old trafford should have warned him hands off of depay, Di maria never wanted to play, rooney is a lethargic fat fvck, the players all failed him that's why he had to resort to boring football..... SHIIT PLAYERS WAS ALL HE HAD

LOUIS VAN GAAL IS ONE OF THE GREATEST MANAGERS OF ALL TIME

OF ALL TIME!!!

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by chrisley024(m): 7:19am On Sep 03, 2016
Toure left out of City's CL squad. Surprise he didn't move this transfer window
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by joeace2020(m): 8:09am On Sep 03, 2016
During his spell at Barcelona, Ibrahimović had a falling-out with coach Pep Guardiola, culminating in a dressing room incident in which Ibrahimović threw a training-kit box across the room and screamed insults at Guardiola. Guardiola eventually refused to speak to Ibrahimović and loaned him out to Milan.[232] Barcelona vice president Carles Vilarrubi further revealed that Ibrahimović had threatened to publicly beat up Guardiola if he was not released to Milan.

2 Likes

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by elrony(m): 8:43am On Sep 03, 2016
Wingback:
Ni[s]ggas out here mocking his legacy, he is a good philosopher...

Freaking retards_, His undoing was his abysmal transfer activity, I am amazed we finished 5th with our squad. We didnt even deserve that position. I blame the scouting team, they couldnt give him a rundown of the players he wanted. The scouts at old trafford should have warned him hands off of depay, Di maria never wanted to play, rooney is a lethargic fat fvck, the players all failed him that's why he had to resort to boring football..... SHIIT PLAYERS WAS ALL HE HAD

LOUIS VAN GAAL IS ONE OF THE GREATEST MANAGERS OF ALL TIME

OF ALL TIME!!![/s]
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by weedtaker: 8:46am On Sep 03, 2016
na wa o.

1 Like

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Nobody: 9:23am On Sep 03, 2016
"Arsène Wenger asked me to have a trial with Arsenal when I was 17. I turned it down. Zlatan doesn't do auditions."
—Ibrahimović on turning down Arsenal.

1 Like

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by joeace2020(m): 9:43am On Sep 03, 2016
elrony:

Why do u waste ur time with attention seeking trolls like this
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Danhumprey: 10:46am On Sep 03, 2016
Imagine if LvG had been chosen as Belgium coach, the like if Hazard and co would have quit the national team after one year under LvG. grin
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Danhumprey: 11:01am On Sep 03, 2016
What most of you guys have failed to understand is that the resident troll up there who has succeeded in getting on almost everyone's nerve, is here to stay and there is nothing anyone of us can do about it.

So y'all better grow a thick skin and learn to ignore him and just scroll by any of his comments. People like him strive on seeking attention and if you give him even a little, he will come for for more. But if we all agree to ignore him, he will gradually fizzle out and disappear.

Even Kagawa10, as annoying as he can be at times, have shown that he is way more reasonable that this attention-deprived troll on rampage.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by codedguy1(m): 11:11am On Sep 03, 2016
parrotibaba:
Aguero handed a 3 match ban following an fa review of his elbow on Reid. He will miss 2 premier league games(United and Bournmouth) and also the EFL cup game against Swansea.

Truly with this ban, Iheanacho will definitely play and na that nigger I dey feel say go cause us serious problem.

He has good positioning and an eye for goal, his all round play is also impressive.

City will be a true test of our squad, especially the defense.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by GBR1(m): 11:16am On Sep 03, 2016
Danhumprey:
Imagine if LvG had been chosen as Belgium coach, the like if Hazard and co would have quit the national team after one year under LvG. grin
When a failure and a poor coach like Martinez can beat you to a national coaching job, then just accept your time at the top level is up. LVG is finished; bad market.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by dopeJemi: 11:30am On Sep 03, 2016
Bastian included in our EPL squad, so happy for him
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by chrisley024(m): 11:35am On Sep 03, 2016
dopeJemi:
Bastian included in our EPL squad, so happy for him
And left out of Europa
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by dopeJemi: 11:39am On Sep 03, 2016
chrisley024:
And left out of Europa

I no mind and i'm sure he doesn't too, at least he wasn't left out completely
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by chrisley024(m): 11:41am On Sep 03, 2016
dopeJemi:

I no mind and i'm sure he doesn't too, at least he wasn't left out completely
I'd have preferred the other way round if it is even possible. Our 2nd team should play that Europa especially the group stage.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by dopeJemi: 11:45am On Sep 03, 2016
chrisley024:
I'd have preferred the other way round if it is even possible. Our 2nd team should play that Europa especially the group stage.

You know the epl consists of 38 games and there will be a lot of tired legs in the team, I think that's where Bastian will come in, it's kinda better this way
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by sinizia: 12:30pm On Sep 03, 2016
Danhumprey:
What most of you guys have failed to understand is that the resident troll up there who has succeeded in getting on almost everyone's nerve, is here to stay and there is nothing anyone of us can do about it.

So y'all better grow a thick skin and learn to ignore him and just scroll by any of his comments. People like him strive on seeking attention and if you give him even a little, he will come for for more. But if we all agree to ignore him, he will gradually fizzle out and disappear.

Even Kagawa10, as annoying as he can be at times, have shown that he is way more reasonable that this attention-deprived troll on rampage.

Kagawa10 is 100% better than that troll. The only people that will be irked by his banal senile outbursts are those that waste few seconds of their lives to read his posts. Once I see his black or pink fonts, I jump and pass the post very fast.

1 Like

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by sinizia: 12:34pm On Sep 03, 2016
I wish Aguero was not banned. I wanted to test Bailly against him. United have played relatively moderate teams, coming up against a full strength Shitty side would've provided the ultimate test to our team's progress.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by dubylhover(m): 12:53pm On Sep 03, 2016
Isnt anyone fussed the Micky is llikely to miss the derby sad
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by SIRcumalot: 1:06pm On Sep 03, 2016
dubylhover:
not really,
if city is without aguero we should be able to manage without Micky.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by parrotibaba(m): 1:08pm On Sep 03, 2016
So apparently, miki could miss the derby due to a thigh injury (we no need this kain early injuries, the reason I fear international breaks) and valencia will definitely miss it as he will return to OT on Friday after his international commitment, meaning that we will be two short in the squad against city if our players come out of their remaining international fixtures unscathed.

Possible match day squad.

GK - De gea

RB - Darmian or even Smalling

LB - Shaw

CB - Bailly and Blind

MF - Pogba, Schneiderlin,

AMF - Mata, Rooney(would have loved rashford), Martial

ST - Ibrahimovic.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by lekkie073(m): 1:10pm On Sep 03, 2016
dubylhover:
no. his national team coach confirmed he was taken out as a precaution in order not to aggravate his sitiation

(1) (2) (3) ... (3224) (3225) (3226) (3227) (3228) (3229) (3230) ... (14175) (Reply)

Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021

Viewing this topic: Uniquisite and 2 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 62
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.