Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,166,620 members, 7,865,490 topics. Date: Wednesday, 19 June 2024 at 07:08 PM

Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion - European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) (3281) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) / Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion (8879611 Views)

Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 / Manchester United Fan Thread: Premier League Champions 2010/11 / Manchester United Fan thread: Forever Reds (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (3278) (3279) (3280) (3281) (3282) (3283) (3284) ... (14219) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by elampiro(m): 1:04pm On Sep 13, 2016
eph12:

Who were the midfielders for England in that competition please? Who partnered Dele?

Dier, Rooney and Ali.

In their last match, I think the setting changed. I think it was Herdenson who came on for Dier.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by eph12(m): 1:08pm On Sep 13, 2016
elampiro:

Dier, Rooney and Ali.

In their last match, I think the setting changed. I think it was Herdenson who came on for Dier.
So how can you say Ali was asked to play furthest when Rooney is in that team? That he was finding his way up there to make things happen does not mean he was asked to play furthest. His finding himself up there was creating holes in the midfield
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by elampiro(m): 1:09pm On Sep 13, 2016
Danhumprey:
elampiro, however you look at it, sailorxy was spot on correct.

The truth is, Rooney has no use, no reason to be in the starting lineup. He adds nothing to our play, he's taking up useful space in the team.

If Mourinho won't play a 3-man midfield where does well, then he should bench Rooney and free up the number 10 position for Pogba, Micki,et al.

Simple.

Rooney is the most important player for us.

How can you say someone with one goal, two quality Assists is useless?
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by eph12(m): 1:10pm On Sep 13, 2016
elampiro:

Two seasons ago he was our highest goal scorer.
grin grin Sure. I believe it was between him and Smalling or Valencia? Oh I forgot Falcao cheesy
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by elampiro(m): 1:14pm On Sep 13, 2016
eph12:

So how can you say Ali was asked to play furthest when Rooney is in that team? That he was finding his way up there to make things happen does not mean he was asked to play furthest. His finding himself up there was creating holes in the midfield

I will assume you didn't follow England matches from the friendlies. If England were to play a man behind the striker, it was Ali. If England were to play a two man midfield, it was Dier and Rooney. Right from the match against Russia, Rooney sat deep with Dier, even going to help his defenders, but Ali was almost always close to Kane and Lalana.

But at the end Rooney still had more shots on target than his forwards. He threatened the keepers most with quality attempts.

1 Like

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by elampiro(m): 1:15pm On Sep 13, 2016
eph12:

grin grin Sure. I believe it was between him and Smalling or Valencia? Oh I forgot Falcao cheesy

RVP was there.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Danhumprey: 1:15pm On Sep 13, 2016
elampiro:

He misplaced a pass as the last man or in the box? When a striker misplaced a pass, defenders and midfielders should defend it.

That has nothing to do with the shocking performance of Mkhitaryan. I have not seen anything like that before.

Mkhitaryan had a bad day in the first competitive match he is starting for us, and already you want to crucify him? Even comparing him with Rooney who has been serving us sh!t for more than 5years?

Haba elampiro. small small na. undecided
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by elampiro(m): 1:17pm On Sep 13, 2016
eph12:

Do you know Fellaini was asked to play furthest of the 3 midfielders? And that was why balls were being looped into the sky at every given opportunity. Pogba was poor in decision making though as he always wanted to make things happen by himself but most times he was too deep for that

And this is Rooney’s fault?

This again shows Rooney is not the one hindering Pogba from playing behind the striker directly.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Spy360(m): 1:18pm On Sep 13, 2016
elampiro:

Rooney is the most important player for us.

How can you say someone with one goal, two quality Assists is useless?
I don't understand United fans. Rooney is one of the best all round player in the team. He is not perfect but niggas should stop comparing him with Mkhi or Mata.
Dude's work rate alone is a motivation. E is like the glue that makes the team a unit. Take Rooney out of the first 11, and watch your team struggle and collapse.

1 Like

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Odunharry(m): 1:20pm On Sep 13, 2016
grin Elampiro De Gae is our most important player next is Rashford.
Abeg no put Rooney for the matter.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by elampiro(m): 1:21pm On Sep 13, 2016
Danhumprey:
Mkhitaryan had a bad day in the first competitive match he is starting for us, and already you want to crucify him? Even comparing him with Rooney who has been serving us sh!t for more than 5years?

Haba elampiro. small small na. undecided

I have no problem with Mkhitaryan. We have to give him time. But that performance sha... I actually boasted about him, and someone gave me a call from when he was playing badly.

Rooney was good for us in 2011/2012, 2012/2013 and 2013/2014. He was still our top scorer in 2013/2014 and 2014/2015. He was the only one who appeared to click with Di Maria

He still helped us to win FA cup last season with his control of midfield.

1 Like

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Danhumprey: 1:21pm On Sep 13, 2016
SailorXY:

alright. So when is he earning his big money move to Chelshit?
grin grin grin grin
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by eph12(m): 1:22pm On Sep 13, 2016
elampiro:

RVP was there.
Yeah right smiley
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by eph12(m): 1:25pm On Sep 13, 2016
elampiro:

And this is Rooney’s fault?

This again shows Rooney is not the one hindering Pogba from playing behind the striker directly.
I don't think I mentioned Rooney in that post. Rooney was shipped to the wings when Herrera came in. Fellaini went furthest of the three midfielders but by then the only thing Jose could think of was to hoof the ball into the air.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Spy360(m): 1:25pm On Sep 13, 2016
Meanwhile...
Tonight is [size=30] Champions League Night [/size]
When scummies watch the Gunners

1 Like

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Spy360(m): 1:25pm On Sep 13, 2016
Meanwhile...
Tonight is [size=30] Champions League Night [/size]
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Danhumprey: 1:27pm On Sep 13, 2016
elampiro:

[s]Rooney is the most important player for us.

How can you say someone with one goal, two quality Assists is useless?[/s]
Fallacy! Big fallacy!

The current Rooney is the most useless player we currently have. A waste of space for a number 10.

Yes! I said it.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by elampiro(m): 1:29pm On Sep 13, 2016
Odunharry:
grin Elampiro De Gae is our most important player next is Rashford.
Abeg no put Rooney for the matter.

Martial is still more important to me than Rashford. For now.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by elampiro(m): 1:31pm On Sep 13, 2016
Danhumprey:
Fallacy! Big fallacy!

The current Rooney is the most useless player we currently have. A waste of space for a number 10.

Yes! I said it.

1 goal, 2 Assists in four games, he is useless. This is why you are not a coach, of even a Kindergarten school team.

1 Like

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by eph12(m): 1:31pm On Sep 13, 2016
Spy360:

I don't understand United fans. Rooney is one of the best all round player in the team. He is not perfect but niggas should stop comparing him with Mkhi or Mata.
Dude's work rate alone is a motivation. E is like the glue that makes the team a unit. Take Rooney out of the first 11, and watch your team struggle and collapse.
Yea his energy is amazing but end product is shit. He can't be in that position and average less than 1 key pass. It's a waste of space and energy.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by SailorXY: 1:34pm On Sep 13, 2016
Abeg make una die this matter.

The seasons Rooney boasts the best player/top scorer since 2013 has seen the club win nada, that should tell us something.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by eph12(m): 1:34pm On Sep 13, 2016
Spy360:
Meanwhile...

Tonight is
[size=30] Champions League Night [/size]

Just go and mark your register and come back jare grin meanwhile if they call our name answer absent for us cry

6 Likes

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Danhumprey: 1:34pm On Sep 13, 2016
Spy360:

my friend, go and find somewhere and sit down. If Rooney is so good as you are hyping him, why didn't your useless club come and take him?

undecided
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by elampiro(m): 1:37pm On Sep 13, 2016
SailorXY:
Abeg make una die this matter.

The seasons Rooney boasts the best player/top scorer since 2013 has seen the club win nada, that should tell us something.

When you play with poo players around you, you win nothing. Love, Jackson, Fletcher, Falcao, Blackette, and 3-5-2 experiement wouldn't have won anyone anything.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Nobody: 1:37pm On Sep 13, 2016
elampiro:

1 goal, 2 Assists in four games, he is useless. This is why you are not a coach, of even a Kindergarten school team.
You can't rate someone with their goals and assists only. Performance also matters
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by elampiro(m): 1:38pm On Sep 13, 2016
eph12:

Yea his energy is amazing but end product is shit. He can't be in that position and average less than 1 key pass. It's a waste of space and energy.

He has 2.5 key pass per game. Under a new manager with things just shaping up.

Pogba, Martial and Fellaini are the next with 1.3 key pass per game (each)
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by elampiro(m): 1:43pm On Sep 13, 2016
OEmperor:

You can't rate someone with their goals and assists only. Performance also matters

They were talking about efficiency, end product.

Rooney's performance has been good this season. Was it not Rooney whose marvelous run got us 3 points at Hull? He was involved in everything positive in the weekend? Carrying the ball forward through the middle?

1 Like

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Nobody: 1:44pm On Sep 13, 2016
Spy360 for your mind you think you will beat PSG...LMFAO.

YOUR wenger doesn't even know your players best position, keep living in delusion... cheesy cheesy cheesy
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by eph12(m): 1:44pm On Sep 13, 2016
elampiro:

He has 2.5 key pass per game. Under a new manager with things just shaping up.

Pogba, Martial and Fellaini are the next with 1.3 key pass per game (each)
Really? For which match abeg?

Anyway it's useless having this argument. Na to just watch as things unfold. Rooney can have that spot if Miki isn't ready yet.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by elampiro(m): 1:48pm On Sep 13, 2016
eph12:

Really? For which match abeg?

Anyway it's useless having this argument. Na to just watch as things unfold. Rooney can have that spot if Miki isn't ready yet.

That is the stat na. I know some of them sef.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by elampiro(m): 1:49pm On Sep 13, 2016

I am exiting. See you guys on Thursday
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Funlordjnr: 2:04pm On Sep 13, 2016
grin

Abeg who wan laugh this sallah afternoon? Then head this way!

www.nairaland.com/2536003/asewo-beer-parlour-share-ashewo/477

**Munches ram**

(1) (2) (3) ... (3278) (3279) (3280) (3281) (3282) (3283) (3284) ... (14219) (Reply)

Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.