Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,166,313 members, 7,864,490 topics. Date: Tuesday, 18 June 2024 at 07:15 PM

Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion - European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) (3280) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) / Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion (8876382 Views)

Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 / Manchester United Fan Thread: Premier League Champions 2010/11 / Manchester United Fan thread: Forever Reds (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (3277) (3278) (3279) (3280) (3281) (3282) (3283) ... (14217) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by elampiro(m): 11:49am On Sep 13, 2016
elrony:

Hahahha, but SailorXY no mention Rooney na!!!

It is very obvious that SailorXY is an apostle of favoring young and new players. SailorXY has been saying Rooney doesn't deserve to start, but from last match, it appears some of the players (Mkhitaryan, Lingard) SailorXY wants to get in ahead of Rooney, failed. Hence there has to be a heavy attack on Rooney to take away the attention from the poor performances of his favourites.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by dopeJemi: 11:50am On Sep 13, 2016
elampiro:

Why should I blame Rooney when you people maliciously blame him?

We are talking about this match. Blind and Bailly were at fault for the first goal. Blind for the second. Then Mkhitaryan and Lingard were very poor. Pogba played for himself. Rooney tried to make things happen by being involved in some of the moves.

You be Ekwe Sample.

Stop talking rubbish, our match against swansea last season were rooney cost us the game, did you blame him?

In games were rooney was as wasteful as lingard and mkhitaryan you didn't blame him so why are you blaming lingard and mkhitaryan?
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Nihilist: 11:50am On Sep 13, 2016
SailorXY:
so after over 1000 competitive minutes of doing nothing he scores 3 in 11 mins vs Sunderland & diamonds replaces rain drops ei? grin grin grin

How many goals does Martial this season?
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by elampiro(m): 11:52am On Sep 13, 2016
dopeJemi:

Stop talking rubbish, our match against swansea last season were rooney cost us the game, did you blame him?

In games were rooney was as wasteful as lingard and mkhitaryan you didn't blame him so why are you blaming lingard and mkhitaryan?

Shut up you Ekwe Sample. Rooney has never been that poor. What we saw from Mkhitaryan and Lingard.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by elampiro(m): 11:56am On Sep 13, 2016
Nihilist:

Martial will win golden boot this season if Rooney is benched. Rooney is hindering Martial. The problem started when both went to Euro 2016, and Martial couldn't perform due to Rooney's laziness.

2 Likes

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by dopeJemi: 12:00pm On Sep 13, 2016
elampiro:

Shut up you Ekwe Sample. Rooney has never been that poor. What we saw from Mkhitaryan and Lingard.

You must be an idiot to tell such lies, tell me rooney's contribution in that match against swansea and also tell me what led to swansea's goal, i'm waiting
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by SailorXY: 12:00pm On Sep 13, 2016
elampiro:

Stop this nonsense. England played 3 man midfield with Rooney.

Stop blaming other players poor performances on Rooney.

Mkhitaryan, Lingard, Blind and Pogba were the reason we lost the match. Haba!
Nah now you have singled out Rooney, this is politics you don't get. Jose already said if Rooney is not playing 10 or 9 he doesn't see any other fit especially in CMF. As soon as his hands were forced into a three man midfield we saw Rooney on the RW. What justification can he have if he starts playing Rooney anywhere except 10/9 from kick offs? Note that the No. 10 position will be scrapped in 4-3-3 & of course there's no hope starting Rooney as 9.

Alardyce thinks Rooney is a midfielder, LvG thinks so too so it's easy to accommodate the Big Elephant - but how has/did that work out? Question for the ages.

1 Like

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Nobody: 12:03pm On Sep 13, 2016
Masturbating over Rooney... cheesy

He's a Legend cool
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Nihilist: 12:10pm On Sep 13, 2016
elampiro:

Martial will win golden boot this season if Rooney is benched. Rooney is hindering Martial. The problem started when both went to Euro 2016, and Martial couldn't perform due to Rooney's laziness.

You're probably right...

But just answer the question please...

Goals...how many does Amii have?
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by SailorXY: 12:12pm On Sep 13, 2016
Nihilist:

He's yet to score. Your point is?
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by elampiro(m): 12:14pm On Sep 13, 2016
SailorXY:

Nah now you have singled out Rooney, this is politics you don't get. Jose already said if Rooney is not playing 10 or 9 he doesn't see any other fit especially in CMF. As soon as his hands were forced into a three man midfield we saw Rooney on the RW. What justification can he have if he starts playing Rooney anywhere except 10/9 from kick offs? Note that the No. 10 position will be scrapped in 4-3-3 & of course there's no hope starting Rooney as 9.

Alardyce thinks Rooney is a midfielder, LvG thinks so too so it's easy to accommodate the Big Elephant - but how has/did that work out? Question for the ages.

You failed to notice that every time Martial had been substituted in all our matches so far, Rooney had been pushed to play on the left, in Martial's position. And he had always done well there. In one of the matches, Rooney was also substituted for Mephis, then Mephis messed up as soon as he came on, we went under pressure. Mephis almost gave a goal away. Rooney created our goal for Rashford to score against Hull from that wing.

Mourinho also said in the summer, that when United played Madrid, Rooney was used by SAF to hinder his full back from going forward. May be Mourinho already had the plan to occasionally use Rooney there. Again, Martial, Mephis and Young don't have the crossing.

On three man midfield, it is very easy. Rooney can be used as SAF sometimes used Scholes highest in a three man midfield. Lampard also played that way. I think even Gerald. If Mourinho wants to play it, he can do so with or without Rooney.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by dopeJemi: 12:18pm On Sep 13, 2016
Rooney was decent on Saturday, not gonna lie but when you become hypocritical about the whole situation that's when you begin to sound and look like a co.ck sucker
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by elampiro(m): 12:19pm On Sep 13, 2016
dopeJemi:

You must be an idiot to tell such lies, tell me rooney's contribution in that match against swansea and also tell me what led to swansea's goal, i'm waiting

You are a compound fool. Rooney has never been so easily shaken off the ball, feel nervous as Mkhitaryan did. And he never been so uninvolved as Lingard was when not playing as the striker. How can wingers or midfielders be so anonymous?
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by SIRcumalot: 12:23pm On Sep 13, 2016
martial don score for France but still pales in comparison.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Nihilist: 12:23pm On Sep 13, 2016
SailorXY:
He's yet to score. Your point is?

That Lukaku is better than Martial....again...
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by elampiro(m): 12:24pm On Sep 13, 2016
dopeJemi:
Rooney was decent on Saturday, not gonna lie but when you become hypocritical about the whole situation that's when you begin to sound and look like a co.ck sucker

You see, this is a fair representation of his performance. If everyone who made him looked like he was the worst player didn’t say anything about him, there wouldn't have been problem.

I didn't even praise Rooney full time. I only praised him at half time while I thought we would turn the match around.

The truth is, I thought this season, we are going to talk less about Rooney as Pogba, Mkhitaryan, Martial would carry the team. If these guys do well, the inneficiency of one man would not be noticed. There are days Benzema would be very bad, but you wouldn't notice because of the other ten. But here, Rooney is said to hinder the remaining ten. How possible?
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by dopeJemi: 12:24pm On Sep 13, 2016
elampiro:

You are a compound fool. Rooney has never been so easily shaken off the ball, feel nervous as Mkhitaryan did. And he never been so uninvolved as Lingard was when not playing as the striker. How can wingers or midfielders be so anonymous?

what was rooney's involvement in that game against swansea, tell me what led to Swansea's goal and when you are done with that, tell me if you blamed rooney or not
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by elampiro(m): 12:26pm On Sep 13, 2016
dopeJemi:

You must be a Country fool, what was rooney's involvement in that game against swansea, tell me what led to Swansea's goal and when you are done with that, tell me if you blamed rooney or not

How is Rooney to be blame for the goal? Was he the last man? Did he lose a ball in the box?

He had a good game on the day. It was ten times better than what Mkhitaryan served us.

Ekwe Sample
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by dopeJemi: 12:29pm On Sep 13, 2016
elampiro:

How is Rooney to be blame for the goal? Was he the last man? Did he lose a ball in the box?

He had a good game on the day. It was ten times better than what Mkhitaryan served us.

Ekwe Sample

Elampiro!!! shocked shocked whose misplaced pass cause the goal? Who developed cold feet one on one against the goalkeeper?
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by SailorXY: 12:35pm On Sep 13, 2016
elampiro:

It is very obvious that SailorXY is an apostle of favoring young and new players. SailorXY has been saying Rooney doesn't deserve to start, but from last match, it appears some of the players (Mkhitaryan, Lingard) SailorXY wants to get in ahead of Rooney, failed. Hence there has to be a heavy attack on Rooney to take away the attention from the poor performances of his favourites.
it's not about favorites. I believe when you identify a problem in your team as a manager & you spend with intentions of fixing that problem, then your should give them priority cuz the problem was there with the current players. Time & time again we have failed to do this starting from Kagawa (I know SAF couldn't pass up the RvP opportunity so I can make the exception).

This thing whereby we barely give new players opportunities to adapt & see how they solve issues why they were bought in the first place is terrible.

Last term the defense was good but we were creating next to nothing without Martial/Rashford. We bring in attacking reinforcements & deploy them wrongly or on the bench cuz their positions clash with Rooney? Mehn fück that!
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by elampiro(m): 12:38pm On Sep 13, 2016
dopeJemi:

Elampiro!!! shocked shocked whose misplaced pass cause the goal? Who developed cold feet one on one against the goalkeeper?

He misplaced a pass as the last man or in the box? When a striker misplaced a pass, defenders and midfielders should defend it.

That has nothing to do with the shocking performance of Mkhitaryan. I have not seen anything like that before.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by SailorXY: 12:41pm On Sep 13, 2016
Nihilist:
That Lukaku is better than Martial....again..
alright. So when is he earning his big money move to Chelshit?
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by elampiro(m): 12:44pm On Sep 13, 2016
SailorXY:
it's not about favorites. I believe when you identify a problem in your team as a manager & you spend with intentions of fixing that problem, then your should give them priority cuz the problem was there with the current players. Time & time again we have failed to do this starting from Kagawa (I know SAF couldn't pass up the RvP opportunity so I can make the exception).

This thing whereby we barely give new players opportunities to adapt & see how they solve issues why they were bought in the first place is terrible.

Last term the defense was good but we were creating next to nothing without Martial/Rashford. We bring in attacking reinforcements & deploy them wrongly or on the bench cuz their positions clash with Rooney? Mehn fück that!

Rooney never clashed with Martial and Rashford.

Rooney has always been sacrificed for players, beginning from the days of Alan Smith, Saha, Tevez, Bervatov and Chicharito. His versatility and energy meant he was not allowed develop in his best position at young age.

Kagawa was never better than Rooney. If the coaches actually identified Rooney as a problem, they would have sold him in the summer. It was very clear that Rooney was going to be part of Mourinho's plan.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by dopeJemi: 12:48pm On Sep 13, 2016
elampiro:

He misplaced a pass as the last man or in the box? When a striker misplaced a pass, defenders and midfielders should defend it.

That has nothing to do with the shocking performance of Mkhitaryan. I have not seen anything like that before.

Was it not his misplaced pass that ayew abi gomis scored from?

Lemme explain my reason fro referring bacck to that match

Rooney(a forward) cost us the game and also missed a one on one chance to make up for his blunders, you elampiro didn't blame rooney for that loss, mkhitaryan and lingard(both forwards) put up a terrible display, I absolutely agree as I was one of those who berated lingard here on that day, still none of their actions led to a goal but yet you blame them but did not blame rooney for his horrendous display against swansea were his actions cost us the game
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by eph12(m): 12:49pm On Sep 13, 2016
elampiro:

You failed to notice that every time Martial had been substituted in all our matches so far, Rooney had been pushed to play on the left, in Martial's position. And he had always done well there. In one of the matches, Rooney was also substituted for Mephis, then Mephis messed up as soon as he came on, we went under pressure. Mephis almost gave a goal away. Rooney created our goal for Rashford to score against Hull from that wing.

Mourinho also said in the summer, that when United played Madrid, Rooney was used by SAF to hinder his full back from going forward. May be Mourinho already had the plan to occasionally use Rooney there. Again, Martial, Mephis and Young don't have the crossing.

On three man midfield, it is very easy. Rooney can be used as SAF sometimes used Scholes highest in a three man midfield. Lampard also played that way. I think even Gerald. If Mourinho wants to play it, he can do so with or without Rooney.
The purpose of the three man midfield is to make Pogba further up the pitch and not Rooney
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by elampiro(m): 12:49pm On Sep 13, 2016

This pic is a reminder to those who thought Gaal never benched Rooney. Gaal benched Rooney twice. The two times, our attack was mechanical and couldn't find a way out to trouble the defence, and Rooney was brought in at half time which improved us in both occasions. It was after the second time that the British media stopped criticizing him.

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by elampiro(m): 12:53pm On Sep 13, 2016
eph12:

The purpose of the three man midfield is to make Pogba further up the pitch and not Rooney

Ok. Just as Dele Ali was the furthest for England. Rooney even has better positioning discipline than Pogba.

But we appeared to have played three man midfield of Herrera, Fellaini and Pogba in the second half against City. Pogba was playing for himself.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by eph12(m): 12:58pm On Sep 13, 2016
elampiro:

When you have a player that has all the energy but efficiency is zero something is wrong. It makes that player look like candidates for average teams. I am not blaming Rooney for yesterday so don't think it's about last match. Hw has not been efficient over the last two years and everyone knows this not just nigerian fans on NL. And that's why the debate is still on even in England as to where they can fix Rooney.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by eph12(m): 1:00pm On Sep 13, 2016
elampiro:

Ok. Just as Dele Ali was the furthest for England. Rooney even has better positioning discipline than Pogba.

But we appeared to have played three man midfield of Herrera, Fellaini and Pogba in the second half against City. Pogba was playing for himself.
Who were the midfielders for England in that competition please? Who partnered Dele?
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Danhumprey: 1:02pm On Sep 13, 2016
elampiro:

Stop this nonsense. England played 3 man midfield with Rooney.

Stop blaming other players poor performances on Rooney.

Mkhitaryan, Lingard, Blind and Pogba were the reason we lost the match. Haba!
elampiro, however you look at it, sailorxy was spot on correct.

The truth is, Rooney has no use, no reason to be in the starting lineup. He adds nothing to our play, he's taking up useful space in the team.

If Mourinho won't play a 3-man midfield where Pogba does well, then he should bench Rooney and free up the number 10 position for Pogba, Micki,et al.

Simple.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by eph12(m): 1:02pm On Sep 13, 2016
elampiro:

Do you know Fellaini was asked to play furthest of the 3 midfielders? And that was why balls were being looped into the sky at every given opportunity. Pogba was poor in decision making though as he always wanted to make things happen by himself but most times he was too deep for that
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by elampiro(m): 1:02pm On Sep 13, 2016
eph12:

When you have a player that has all the energy but efficiency is zero something is wrong. It makes that player look like candidates for average teams. I am not blaming Rooney for yesterday so don't think it's about last match. Hw has not been efficient over the last two years and everyone knows this not just nigerian fans on NL. And that's why the debate is still on even in England as to where they can fix Rooney.

Two seasons ago he was our highest goal scorer.

(1) (2) (3) ... (3277) (3278) (3279) (3280) (3281) (3282) (3283) ... (14217) (Reply)

Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021

Viewing this topic: TheLequte and 3 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 61
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.