Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,149 members, 7,815,021 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 05:05 AM

Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion - European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) (4006) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) / Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion (8708777 Views)

Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 / Manchester United Fan Thread: Premier League Champions 2010/11 / Manchester United Fan thread: Forever Reds (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (4003) (4004) (4005) (4006) (4007) (4008) (4009) ... (14146) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by elampiro(m): 10:26pm On Apr 27, 2017
We needed to win this to show seriousness of finishing top four. We started well but soon allowed City to boss the game. Our midfielders and forwards had nothing to offer.

For Rashford it's all run and run. He doesn't know anything about contesting for long balls out of our defence, instead he hoped for experienced defenders like Kompany and Otamendi to miss a header so that that he could run free to score.

Martial offered some defensive cover but he lacked support going forward as Fellaini was all negative.

The few times Rashford tried to run behind the defence, Fellaini still couldn't spot him. The game was bigger and stronger than Mkhitaryan. Most of our players were easily shaken off the ball and lost 50-50 balls easily. We were like light weights, except for Bailly and Valencia.

Pogba should have offered some power and ball retention. With him, Fellaini and Herrera should have shown.

The result is only good for pride and unbeaten run. May with some slim chance of over taking Liverpool.

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by elampiro(m): 10:28pm On Apr 27, 2017
AdisaOwala:

Rashford has been more influential with his runs with and without the ball IMO...

Rashford only knows about run run run. He couldn't contest for balls to try to win some and bring others into play.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by adebayo201: 10:29pm On Apr 27, 2017
ocephraim:

Ninja would've made sure Rashforf wasn't running around in vain..
exactly!!
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Chelseafan1: 10:30pm On Apr 27, 2017
Lordemperoris100:
Deflected goal
cheesy torr.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by tess1(m): 10:33pm On Apr 27, 2017
elampiro:

Rashford only knows about run run run. He couldn't contest for balls to try to win some and bring others into play.

That's part of what IBRA brings into the game. Rashford still needs to learn that but he's good when we possess the ball. Though he's still young but he needs to start learning fast.

2 Likes

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Chelseafan1: 10:36pm On Apr 27, 2017
Good result for us opposition fans.
All these ones no concern me sha, una must win or draw Spurs.
Na that one dey me.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by SIRcumalot: 10:36pm On Apr 27, 2017
adebayo201:
If we are to be truthful with fairness to passes completed, possessions and hold-ups, we missed Pogba today!

That midfield was just too free for Yaya and KDB..

Actually, i was expecting Young to start in that defence instead of Darmian but still, i will accept the draw

I hope you're not the only wey see that pogba sized hole in our midfield.

Jose can setup Herrera, Fellaini and Carrick to stifle the opponent attacking moves but who engineers our own attacking plays?

I hope his ready for the Swansea game.

1 Like

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by ocephraim(m): 10:37pm On Apr 27, 2017
elampiro:

Rashford has never been known for winning aerial battles.
Coming into this match, who was he gon contest with? Kompany?... The couple of times he attempted to, early in the game, he was bullied off. He's still young and will improve that aspect with time.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by tess1(m): 10:45pm On Apr 27, 2017
SIRcumalot:

I hope you're not the only that sees that pogba sized hole in our midfield.

Jose can setup Herrera, Fellaini and Carrick to stifle the opponent attacking moves but who engineers our own attacking plays?

I hope his ready for the Swansea game.

As much as Pogba over does things in matches, we missed him today because of his well tailored passes he used to loft behind centre backs.

Micki isn't fully adapted to EPL games. He was so poor in that match losing possession or getting dispossed anyhow. I hope he improves next season.

1 Like

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by elrony(m): 11:00pm On Apr 27, 2017
Double draw soup for me today cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy

Mourinho till next season.

What a frustrating tactic cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy

Points shared,onto the next one!
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by joeace2020(m): 11:03pm On Apr 27, 2017
What a day Sunday will be if Chelsea lose to Everton, United beat Swansea, Middlesbrough beat City and Tottenham defeat Arsenal...
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Elnino4ladies: 11:52pm On Apr 27, 2017
joeace2020:
What a day Sunday will be if Chelsea lose to Everton, United beat Swansea, Middlesbrough beat City and Tottenham defeat Arsenal...

Smh

'If'
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by diggz: 4:38am On Apr 28, 2017
joeace2020:

grin cheesy

It will be better if chelsea beats everton,spurs lose to gayners, scummies draw against Swansea, city beats boro tongue

1 Like

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by SIRcumalot: 5:16am On Apr 28, 2017
tess1:

As much as Pogba over does things in matches, we missed him today because of his well tailored passes he used to loft behind centre backs.

Micki isn't fully adapted to EPL games. He was so poor in that match losing possession or getting dispossed anyhow. I hope he improves next season.
Micki they blow hot and cold all season but particularly against this city team.

fosu mensah wey play like only 3 minutes sef don injure
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by elampiro(m): 5:54am On Apr 28, 2017
SIRcumalot:

Micki they blow hot and cold all season but particularly against this city team.

fosu mensah wey play like only 3 minutes sef don injure

Funso is injured? The one I wanted us to give a run of league games in the absence of Fellaini.

We are going to fall back on Rooney for the remaining campaign if Pogba doesn't return soon.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by EmmGee: 6:38am On Apr 28, 2017
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by eph12(m): 6:46am On Apr 28, 2017
elampiro:
We needed to win this to show seriousness of finishing top four. We started well but soon allowed City to boss the game. Our midfielders and forwards had nothing to offer.

For Rashford it's all run and run. He doesn't know anything about contesting for long balls out of our defence, instead he hoped for experienced defenders like Kompany and Otamendi to miss a header so that that he could run free to score.

Martial offered some defensive cover but he lacked support going forward as Fellaini was all negative.

The few times Rashford tried to run behind the defence, Fellaini still couldn't spot him. The game was bigger and stronger than Mkhitaryan. Most of our players were easily shaken off the ball and lost 50-50 balls easily. We were like light weights, except for Bailly and Valencia.

Pogba should have offered some power and ball retention. With him, Fellaini and Herrera should have shown.

The result is only good for pride and unbeaten run. May with some slim chance of over taking Liverpool.

I was just complaining about how they were bullying our attackers and midfielders throughout the match. Almost every 50-50 balls were lost.

And Rashford has never been the kind of striker to contest up long balls so I don't think I expected him to start yesterday. That's one reason Jose will prefer players like Ibra. We would have done better if we had midfielders that played the ball of the ground for Rash to sprint to.

Mkhi made no single meaningful contribution to our attacking play. I think he lost all the balls he got. It was a repeat of his performance against City in the first leg. The only difference was that our defenders stood firm this time. Bailly has proven to be excellent especially in the absence of other solid defenders. He has been very intense for us.

1 Like

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by SeekinAttention(f): 7:14am On Apr 28, 2017
codedguy1:

I disagree abeg.

The mop on his head makes it hard for anyone to be more stvpider than he is when he exhibits his stvpidity like today.

angry

So, u are saying Mikel is better than Fellaini?
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by SeekinAttention(f): 7:18am On Apr 28, 2017
pamcode:
Really. There are some bad things you can say about Mikel but dumb isn't part of them.

Double post
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by SeekinAttention(f): 7:18am On Apr 28, 2017
pamcode:
Really. There are some bad things you can say about Mikel but dumb isn't part of them.

Mikel is dumber duller abeg
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by diggz: 7:42am On Apr 28, 2017
SeekinAttention:

Yes, Mikel is a zillion times better than fvcking afroman fellaini!
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by diggz: 7:43am On Apr 28, 2017
SeekinAttention:

Yes, Mikel is a zillion times better than fvcking afroman fellaini!

Plus Mikel is not even dumb Bros. He lacks pace that is all nothing else.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by joeace2020(m): 8:06am On Apr 28, 2017
elampiro:

It was so disgusting seeing it. Like what is Mourinho tell that boy. That he is the new ferrari? He won't even contest for long balls, instead stay 100 meters behind defenders who know how to deal with long balls and hope for mother luck. Very rubbish play from him.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by joeace2020(m): 8:08am On Apr 28, 2017
diggz:

grin cheesy

It will be better if chelsea beats everton,spurs lose to gayners, scummies draw against Swansea, city beats boro tongue

Otondo...I'll be here with a grin to mock you when it's just one point left
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by dopeJemi: 8:56am On Apr 28, 2017
elampiro:
ve.

The few times Rashford tried to run behind the defence, Fellaini still couldn't spot him.

you saw it too.. the one that annoyed the most was when he passed to martial on the flanks when rashford made a run similar to the one he made against Chelsea for the first goal

fellaini is not intelligent at all, whenever he starts an attack I am always calm because I know nothing will come out of it, he is that dumb
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by diggz: 9:27am On Apr 28, 2017
joeace2020:

Otondo...I'll be here with a grin to mock you when it's just one point left

Oruwea, I will be here to shyyte all over Ur useless thread when u guys fail to win europa,fail to make top four and end up playing Europa again next season tongue
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Khaytunechi: 9:38am On Apr 28, 2017
dopeJemi:

you saw it too.. the one that annoyed the most was when he passed to martial on the flanks when rashford made a run similar to the one he made against Chelsea for the first goal

fellaini is not intelligent at all, whenever he starts an attack I am always calm because I know nothing will come out of it, he is that dumb

Saw this one,, twas in d second half and if it were Herrera Carrick or even Blind they'd have threaded the ball to Rashford and he'll easily beat Kompany for pace,, but the camel passed to Martial who was standing so close to him in a crowded area and standing flatfooted,, ignoring someone who was already on the run for a final pass..

I really do not know what he expected Martial to do with the ball..
Fellaini is dedicated and hardworking bla bla bla but the guy is limited technically and soooo very clumsy.. He'll only be good enough when you're pushing for a goal and you need an extra body in the opponent's box..
He gives his best I guess,, but his best is never enough most times..
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by adebayo201: 9:43am On Apr 28, 2017
elampiro:

Funso is injured? The one I wanted us to give a run of league games in the absence of Fellaini.

We are going to fall back on Rooney for the remaining campaign if Pogba doesn't return soon.

Never! JM wouldnot and cannot play Rooney in that midfield. He stated it clearly that it's either he plays as a 10/9/9and half.

Moreso, Ibra has been the one keeping Rooney on the bench bar injuries and game plan. And i think JM is trying to make Rooney
less a player than he was some years back so that we wont have anything to say of him benching Rooney... That can be said about Smalling too, making English players less of themselves.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by dopeJemi: 9:51am On Apr 28, 2017
Khaytunechi:

Saw this one,, twas in d second half and if it were Herrera Carrick or even Blind they'd have threaded the ball to Rashford and he'll easily beat Kompany for pace,, but the camel passed to Martial who was standing so close to him in a crowded area and standing flatfooted,, ignoring someone who was already on the run for a final pass..

I really do not know what he expected Martial to do with the ball..
Fellaini is dedicated and hardworking bla bla bla but the guy is limited technically and soooo very clumsy.. He'll only be good enough when you're pushing for a goal and you need an extra body in the opponent's box..
He gives his best I guess,, but his best is never enough most times..

God bless you

I want him sold abeg, if we need a work horse, we can pick one from our academy or buy a cheap player with a brain that functions
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by elampiro(m): 11:05am On Apr 28, 2017
adebayo201:

Never! JM wouldnot and cannot play Rooney in that midfield. He stated it clearly that it's either he plays as a 10/9/9and half.

Moreso, Ibra has been the one keeping Rooney on the bench bar injuries and game plan. And i think JM is trying to make Rooney
less a player than he was some years back so that we wont have anything to say of him benching Rooney... That can be said about Smalling too, making English players less of themselves.

There was a game Rooney played midfield in the second half earlier in the season.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by adebayo201: 11:17am On Apr 28, 2017
elampiro:

There was a game Rooney played midfield in the second half earlier in the season.

which game sir??
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by elampiro(m): 11:37am On Apr 28, 2017
adebayo201:
which game sir??

It's early this season, I can't remember the opposition now. He played first half as a forward but went there in the second half.

(1) (2) (3) ... (4003) (4004) (4005) (4006) (4007) (4008) (4009) ... (14146) (Reply)

Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021

Viewing this topic: 8 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 61
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.