Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,226 members, 7,815,291 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 10:16 AM

Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion - European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) (4007) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) / Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion (8710198 Views)

Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 / Manchester United Fan Thread: Premier League Champions 2010/11 / Manchester United Fan thread: Forever Reds (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (4004) (4005) (4006) (4007) (4008) (4009) (4010) ... (14146) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Nobody: 11:51am On Apr 28, 2017
SeekinAttention:

So, u are saying Mikel is better than Fellaini?

I prefer Mikel to Fellaini, this has nothing to do with being a fellow country man...
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by afrodoc2: 12:32pm On Apr 28, 2017
dopeJemi:

God bless you

I want him sold abeg, if we need a work horse, we can pick one from our academy or buy a cheap player with a brain that functions

I remember when I said he was neither United quality nor style some went up in arms here.
He is not and has never been good enough to play for us. We can't be fielding a midfielder just because he knows how to win balls in the air, only lower level teams do that.
For next season JM has to set up a formation that allows Pogba thrive. He has to decide if he wants Pogba to share the holding role with Herrera with a 10 in front of them or if he wants Pogba more advanced in a 4-3-3. That will also help decide on the players to target next season.
We have to start buying players with a definite set up in mind rather than just buying haphazardly.

1 Like

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by elrony(m): 2:29pm On Apr 28, 2017
I just love this club! ! !

#Respect

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by eph12(m): 2:46pm On Apr 28, 2017
afrodoc2:

I remember when I said he was neither United quality nor style some went up in arms here.
He is not and has never been good enough to play for us. We can't be fielding a midfielder just because he knows how to win balls in the air, only lower level teams do that.
For next season JM has to set up a formation that allows Pogba thrive. He has to decide if he wants Pogba to share the holding role with Herrera with a 10 in front of them or if he wants Pogba more advanced in a 4-3-3. That will also help decide on the players to target next season.
We have to start buying players with a definite set up in mind rather than just buying haphazardly.
If I may ask between Fellaini and Mkhi who played worse yesterday?
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by joeace2020(m): 3:04pm On Apr 28, 2017
from Nigeria to the world. That tatoo

1 Like

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by codedguy1(m): 3:20pm On Apr 28, 2017
eph12:

Truth be told, saying one of them played better or worse than the other makes no difference.

They were both useless on the day. Mhiki was just running around forming busy while doing absolutely nothing and even getting dispossessed every time he got the ball while fellaini allowed his mop blind him to simple passes he should have made to initiate an attack.

The slug was just gallopng all around the field as if he was being controlled by the movement of the ball only to cap it with absolute stvpudity.

I hope I answered your simple question.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by elrony(m): 3:20pm On Apr 28, 2017
joeace2020:
from Nigeria to the world. That tatoo

I will be happy if AJ comes out on top. grin
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by joeace2020(m): 3:29pm On Apr 28, 2017
elrony:

I will be happy if AJ comes out on top. grin

Me too..be rooting for him
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by afrodoc2: 3:45pm On Apr 28, 2017
eph12:

Difficult to say, they were both poor. That has no bearing on the issue though because all players even the great Messi will have bad days.
Mkhi has shown at multiple points in his career and even at this club that he has the required quality. Fellaini is not good enough for us if we intend to get back to the top. He has the 1st touch of a r.apist and the 2nd touch of a serial r.apist

3 Likes

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by MRTA7: 3:49pm On Apr 28, 2017
Chai even Fosu-Mensah picked up an injury in his 42 second cameo. cry

Jose better suit and play himself at centreback against swansea.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by elampiro(m): 3:52pm On Apr 28, 2017
We should just start preparing Funso Mensah for next season. Let’s try him with the remaining league games.

He will win aerial balls too. He can play on the ground. He can burst forward with the ball. He needs game time and experience.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by weedtaker: 3:52pm On Apr 28, 2017
yesterday's game was an eye sore, still happy with the point though.

fellaini try pass mhiki yesterday sha.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by elampiro(m): 3:53pm On Apr 28, 2017
MRTA7:

Is the injury serious? I saw that incident. That guy would have done better than Felliani and Mkhitaryan combined together.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by afrodoc2: 3:54pm On Apr 28, 2017
MRTA7:

Bailly and Blind are still there and we also have Carrick, Darmian and Tuanzebe that can pitch in if things get sticky.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by afrodoc2: 3:57pm On Apr 28, 2017
elampiro:
We should just start preparing Funso Mensah for next season. Let’s try him with the remaining league games.

He will win aerial balls too. He can play on the ground. He can burst forward with the ball. He needs game time and experience.

The first thing with Fosu-Mensah is for them to decide once and for all what his permanent position will be. Is it DM,RB or CB? Decide that and give him minutes there.

1 Like

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by eph12(m): 4:02pm On Apr 28, 2017
codedguy1:

Truth be told, saying one of them played better or worse than the other makes no difference.

They were both useless on the day. Mhiki was just running around forming busy while doing absolutely nothing and even getting dispossessed every time he got the ball while fellaini allowed his mop blind him to simple passes he should have made to initiate an attack.

The slug was just gallopng all around the field as if he was being controlled by the movement of the ball only to cap it with absolute stvpudity.

I hope I answered your simple question.
chai! This your reply resemble simple for your eye? We have always known Fellaini to be poor on the ball especially when it comes to threading simple attacking passes just like we don't expect Rashford to contest those up balls with Kompany and co. Fellaini defensively is an option for Mourinho and he knows that. But when you begin to blame him for passes that he is not known for is that not something else? Defensively Fellaini offered a lot yesterday but attack wise he was dead. Now Mkhi what did he offer the team yesterday?
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by elampiro(m): 4:02pm On Apr 28, 2017
afrodoc2:

The first thing with Fosu-Mensah is for them to decide once and for all what his permanent position will be. Is it DM,RB or CB? Decide that and give him minutes there.

That's true. But in his sparcely appearance this season he has been used mostly as a central midfielder. He doesn't seem to behave like he is a stranger there. He might just be our own Matuidi
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by eph12(m): 4:05pm On Apr 28, 2017
weedtaker:
yesterday's game was an eye sore, still happy with the point though.

fellaini try pass mhiki yesterday sha.
Thank you. The last time Mkhi was as poor as this was against the same City.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by eph12(m): 4:13pm On Apr 28, 2017
afrodoc2:

Difficult to say, they were both poor. That has no bearing on the issue though because all players even the great Messi will have bad days.
Mkhi has shown at multiple points in his career and even at this club that he has the required quality. Fellaini is not good enough for us if we intend to get back to the top. He has the 1st touch of a r.apist and the 2nd touch of a serial r.apist
Lol at first and second touch. I remember our match against Chelshit. We won 2-0 but I was complaining through out about Fellaini's touch. Under any slight pressure he cannot bring the ball under control. But yesterday he offered a lot defensively. I also don't think we need Fellaini in our midfield but many times he is insulted over a match, he is not always the worst player in that very game. In fact if properly analysed he may have a better game than a couple of the others. Yesterday I could count the number of times Valencia went forward. In fact he was not a threat to City at all. Contributed to our bad game.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by codedguy1(m): 4:19pm On Apr 28, 2017
eph12:

chai! This your reply resemble simple for your eye? We have always known Fellaini to be poor on the ball especially when it comes to threading simple attacking passes just like we don't expect Rashford to contest those up balls with Kompany and co. Fellaini defensively is an option for Mourinho and he knows that. But when you begin to blame him for passes that he is not known for is that not something else? Defensively Fellaini offered a lot yesterday but attack wise he was dead. Now Mkhi what did he offer the team yesterday?

How is fellaini a defensive option for us?

Even in games where fellaini has been commended, I for one still put the caveat that he is not united quality. But we are stock with him this season.

So because he is a ........ Right now. Dont know if fellaini is an attacker, a midfielder or defender... He can't thread a simple pass forward to initiate an attack when the opportunity presents itself. Then he really really really doesn't have any business playing for man united.

Always playing simple passes sideways that Dont do nothing to help us.

The less said about mhiki yesterday the better, but we know he can be better.

We can't judge players with one game but we know that fellaini has peaked and his peak ain't good enough even at its best.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Oasis007(m): 5:04pm On Apr 28, 2017
eph12:

Fellaini is really an average Player to be honest! He's indeed not a United kinda type of Players! In fact he should be the first to be offloaded in the Summer!

I would not blame him though, rather the mediocre Manager that signed him for a massive Club like Ours!

Have you ever seen Fellaini made a "wow" Pass that resulted in an Assist?! Marked off his Head and he would be useless to make any sensible impact on the Pitch!
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Oasis007(m): 5:24pm On Apr 28, 2017
Breaking: Mourinho confirmed that Juan Mata is edging closer to a return and Paul Pogba is likely to be back for the trip to Celta Vigo next Thursday.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Oasis007(m): 5:27pm On Apr 28, 2017
"It's an option [the possibility of Wayne Rooney playing in midfield against Swansea at Old Trafford].

"We have Herrera and Carrick and nothing else. Tim is another one that we miss so we are in trouble but we will fight that’s for sure."

- Jose Mourinho
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Oasis007(m): 5:29pm On Apr 28, 2017
"I think the first one to be back is Mata, which gives us another option in attack but, in reality, what we need now is one of the two central defenders to be back.

"I am also training hard in the gym so I can be an option also – Mourinho and Tuanzebe against Swansea! 

"In this moment, Eric is the only option we have – it’s Axel, Eric and Daley [Blind]. I think Eric and Daley played again absolutely amazing [against City]. I have to speak with them and see how they are and see how they feel."

- Jose Mourinho
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Oasis007(m): 5:32pm On Apr 28, 2017
"To have lots of players without playing is something the players don’t want. We didn’t tell Morgan we wanted to sell him. Morgan asked, 'Please sell me, I want to go. I want to play every game.'

"Sometimes there is always this dilemma, to keep a bigger squad but the players don’t want to stay. Even young players, when they’re not playing, they ask to leave so it is very hard. 

"We’re arriving at an extreme situation where I think it must be unique in football with two cruciate ligament injuries in the same match. In my career, I had one player in 17 years [injuring his cruciate]. Now, against Anderlecht, I have two in one match and we are very unlucky, it’s the only thing we can say.

"The other small injuries – Pogba and [Antonio] Valencia in the last week - are injuries due to fatigue and the accumulation of matches, which is normal."

- Jose Mourinho
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Oasis007(m): 5:34pm On Apr 28, 2017
"The group was a nice group [when I arrived at United]. Good people, good boys, committed people. So I think Mr. van Gaal left a good group of boys here with very good relations between them, and I've got that in my hands. 

"I think they missed happiness, they missed trust, they missed belief and they missed this extra bit that brings resilience and brings you fight. And [now] they have it, so the group that will meet again on 9 July for next season is a stronger group. 

"The new players, when they arrive, will find a group more ready to go for big things. But the reality is we are fighting to win the Europa League and fighting to finish fourth, so let’s go."

- Jose Mourinho
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by SIRcumalot: 5:40pm On Apr 28, 2017
eph12:

I can overlook many negatives from a player like Fellaini but never the pure madness that we saw yesterday,imagine he go lose him cool for Europa final or some must win game.
I don't agree with the "not Utd quality bull" too much snobbery they that statement,but you want a guy that can handle his sheet in big moments.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Oasis007(m): 5:43pm On Apr 28, 2017
"We have Herrera and Carrick and nothing else. Tim is another one that we miss so we are in trouble but we will fight that’s for sure."

- Jose Mourinho

Cc

Afrodoc2, Elampiro

JM has confirmed Fosu-Mensah as a Midfielder, perhaps a DM IMO!
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by ChristineC: 6:31pm On Apr 28, 2017
Mouroune Fellaini may not be 'Manchester United standard' but no team really has 23 world class players. Over the years Sir Alex Ferguson made do with players like Quinton Fortune, Wesley Brown, Phil Neville, Mikael Silvestre, who were competent enough even if not as talented as the colleagues.

This collection require two or three quality additions to tune it up several notches and save for the downside that maintaining a large squad will lead to discontent and less importantly higher wage bill, I'd rather have everyone stay another year; yes even Capt. Wayne Rooney.

We cannot brush aside the experience, cohesion and understanding this season has bought these men on the pitch already. Look to the defense line for evidence with all the chop-change they are holding out fine.

My ideal summer
• Antoine Griezmann to take up the right forward or partner strike if tactics is two strikers
• Fabinho for his above average ability to play in defence and midfield
• Robert Lewandowski if coaches don't think Marcus Rashford is yet ready to lead a title charge/otherwise another center back.

1 Like

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by MRTA7: 6:38pm On Apr 28, 2017
Well we definitely need a top class centre back regardless of who is in the squad right now.

Centerback
Midfielder
Striker - maybe 2x.
GK - looks like we're losing DDG.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by eph12(m): 6:49pm On Apr 28, 2017
SIRcumalot:

I can overlook many negatives from a player like Fellaini but never the pure madness that we saw yesterday,imagine he go lose him cool for Europa final or some must win game.
I don't agree with the "not Utd quality bull" too much snobbery they that statement,but you want a guy that can handle his sheet in big moments.
You remember Zidane 2006? Ramos needless useless tackle that got him a red card against FCB? He messed up but it's nothing new.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by eph12(m): 6:57pm On Apr 28, 2017
Oasis007:

Fellaini is really an average Player to be honest! He's indeed not a United kinda type of Players! In fact he should be the first to be offloaded in the Summer!

I would not blame him though, rather the mediocre Manager that signed him for a massive Club like Ours!

Have you ever seen Fellaini made a "wow" Pass that resulted in an Assist?! Marked off his Head and he would be useless to make any sensible impact on the Pitch!
I did be surprised to see Fella make a wow pass but like Christinec said we cannot have 23 world class players.

SAF made a lot of average signings that were useful at some point. Now if the world class players fail to turn up in a match who do we blame? The already obvious average players? Mourinho expected Mkhi to do his magic up front he failed woefully. Same Mourinho expected Fella to keep it tight at the back did he fail? Even Valencia couldn't make his usual runs just because of Sane? Ordinary Sane? If he jam Neymar nko? Overall the tactics was obviously negative. Mourinho got what he came for.

(1) (2) (3) ... (4004) (4005) (4006) (4007) (4008) (4009) (4010) ... (14146) (Reply)

Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021

Viewing this topic: Silentgroper(m), reccy(m) and 7 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 57
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.