Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,712 members, 7,824,021 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 08:34 PM

Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion - European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) (4010) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) / Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion (8758103 Views)

Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 / Manchester United Fan Thread: Premier League Champions 2010/11 / Manchester United Fan thread: Forever Reds (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (4007) (4008) (4009) (4010) (4011) (4012) (4013) ... (14159) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by elampiro(m): 7:35pm On Apr 29, 2017

TEAM NEWS UPDATE FOR UNITED V SWANSEA

Jose Mourinho has provided a detailed update on the fitness and availability of a number of key players as the Manchester United boss juggles injury and suspension issues.

The Reds manager spoke to the press after Thursday's goalless draw at Manchester City and confirmed that Tim Fosu-Mensah has joined the injury list, while Marouane Fellaini will now miss the next three games following his derby dismissal.

There was some better news for the Reds when Mourinho confirmed that Juan Mata is edging closer to a return and Paul Pogba is likely to be back for the trip to Celta Vigo next Thursday.

Mourinho also discussed the possibility of
Wayne Rooney playing in midfield against Swansea at Old Trafford
, saying: "It's an option. We have Herrera and Carrick and nothing else. Tim is another one that we miss so we are in trouble but we will fight that’s for sure.

"I think the first one to be back is Mata, which gives us another option in attack but, in reality, what we need now is one of the two central defenders to be back."

The boss was asked about the possibility of resting the in-form Eric Bailly for Sunday's match and giving a run-out to promising young defender Axel Tuanzebe . Such is United's lack of central defenders at present, the manager joked he might even play himself!

"I am also training hard in the gym so I can be an option also – Mourinho and Tuanzebe against Swansea!

"In this moment, Eric is the only option we have – it’s Axel, Eric and Daley [Blind]. I think Eric and Daley played again absolutely amazing [against City]. I have to speak with them and see how they are and see how they feel."

United's lack of options through injury and suspension in midfield led to reporters questioning Mourinho about whether or not it was a mistake to let Morgan Schneiderlin and Bastian Schweinsteiger leave.

"To have lots of players without playing is something the players don’t want," said the manager. "We didn’t tell Morgan we wanted to sell him. Morgan asked, 'Please sell me, I want to go. I want to play every game.'

"Sometimes there is always this dilemma, to keep a bigger squad but the players don’t want to stay. Even young players, when they’re not playing, they ask to leave so it is very hard.
"We’re arriving at an extreme situation where I think it must be unique in football with two cruciate ligament injuries in the same match. In my career, I had one player in 17 years [injuring his cruciate]. Now, against Anderlecht, I have two in one match and we are very unlucky, it’s the only thing we can say.

"The other small injuries – Pogba and [Antonio] Valencia in the last week - are injuries due to fatigue and the accumulation of matches, which is normal."

http://www.manutd.com/en/News-And-Features/Football-News/2017/Apr/team-news-for-manchester-united-v-swansea-city-sunday-30-april.aspx?utm_source=facebook&utm_medium=post&utm_campaign=ManUtd

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by AdisaOwala: 7:37pm On Apr 29, 2017
ChristineC:
judging by this season the midfielders did their job. I don't see the issue you see except a retiring Michael Carrick.

Even when Pogba clearly stated that he would favour a more attacking role?

What's his best position sef?
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by elampiro(m): 7:38pm On Apr 29, 2017
adebayo201:

Never! JM wouldnot and cannot play Rooney in that midfield. He stated it clearly that it's either he plays as a 10/9/9and half.

Moreso, Ibra has been the one keeping Rooney on the bench bar injuries and game plan. And i think JM is trying to make Rooney
less a player than he was some years back so that we wont have anything to say of him benching Rooney... That can be said about Smalling too, making English players less of themselves.

Guess you have seen Mourinho said Rooney is an option for midfield.

Next time listen to who know ball. >: grin

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by adebayo201: 8:02pm On Apr 29, 2017
elampiro:

Guess you have seen Mourinho said Rooney is an option for midfield.
Next time listen to who know ball. >: grin

all hail Papa Elamps!!! Area father of jambodies international
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by chidexxy007(m): 8:53pm On Apr 29, 2017
Lana1 finally ur dream don come tru na....
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by chidexxy007(m): 9:05pm On Apr 29, 2017
afrodoc2:
Today Ruudie and Physics teacher's club Sunderland might get relegated under their preferred genius of a manager David OYO Moyesi
Lol, you nd lana1 mind don rest na.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by diggz: 10:29pm On Apr 29, 2017
Moyesi cheesy
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by igbsam(m): 11:02pm On Apr 29, 2017
Biko, why is moyes trending on twitter ? Has he helped sunderland to relagation ? grin
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Neymar1095(m): 11:27pm On Apr 29, 2017
just saw this interesting stats trophies won Pep Guardiola as coach 21trophies in eight years Chelsea almost a century and half=23 trophies
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by afrodoc2: 1:24am On Apr 30, 2017
elrony:

You meant :

Davido ChukwuGollum Nwoyesi grin grin grin

The fact is Moyes might soon go the way of Curbishley and become a TV pundit.
He has lost whatever little ability he had. His 10yrs of mediocrity have been up for sometime.

1 Like

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by afrodoc2: 1:28am On Apr 30, 2017
AdisaOwala:

Even when Pogba clearly stated that he would favour a more attacking role?

What's his best position sef?

That midfield that was dominated in a large chunk of our matches against top teams?
We have practically packed the bus against City and Liverpool and were disgraced in 1 match against Chelsea.
The major problem isn't JM, it is Ed who has waywardly spent hundreds of miliions of dollars in the last 3 years and we are still rebuilding.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Lana1(m): 7:18am On Apr 30, 2017
afrodoc2:

That midfield that was dominated in a large chunk of our matches against top teams?
We have practically packed the bus against City and Liverpool and were disgraced in 1 match against Chelsea.
The major problem isn't JM, it is Ed who has waywardly spent hundreds of miliions of dollars in the last 3 years and we are still rebuilding.
Lol. They ve already said that we are going to spend another 400-500 million to strengthen for nxt season.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Lana1(m): 7:23am On Apr 30, 2017
chidexxy007:

Lol, you nd lana1 mind don rest na.
I no even send Sunderland. Na just bcoz of those two mumus wey dey always shout "Moyes" and how he should ve had more time at United.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by AdisaOwala: 7:45am On Apr 30, 2017
afrodoc2:

The game at anfield readily comes to mind....

Pogba played in a 3-man Midfield yet we were overun in the middle of the park.....only for some of us to still attribute our subdued performance at the etihad to Pogba's absence.

afrodoc2:

As usual, woodie would probably "announce" to the whole world that we have 500m to spend in the summer. The inevitable result would be that Spurs would slap a 200m price tag on Harry Kane, Bvb would ask for 150m for Aubameyang and at the end of the day, the squad would still remain unbalanced.

#Weneedasportingdirector#
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by SIRcumalot: 9:58am On Apr 30, 2017
AdisaOwala:

Pogba played in a 3-man Midfield yet we were overun in the middle of the park.....only for some of us to still attribute our subdued performance at the etihad to Pogba's absence.

As usual, woodie would probably "announce" to the whole world that we have 500m to spend in the summer. The inevitable result would be that Spurs would slap a 200m price tag on Harry Kane, Bvb would ask for 150m for Aubameyang and at the end of the day, the squad would still remain unbalanced.

#Weneedasportingdirector#
we had one glorious chance against Liverpool at anfield that pogba created and Zlatan threw away.
his clearly the creative hub of our team,i don't think say na stretch to say,our performance go better if our best midfielder played.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Geestunnar(m): 10:13am On Apr 30, 2017
Today's squad list:
David de Gea, Sergio Romero, Joel Pereira, Antonio Valencia, Matteo Darmian, Axel Tuanzebe, Eric Bailly, Luke Shaw, Michael Carrick, Ander Herrera, Scott McTominay, Jesse Lingard, Ashley Young, Juan Mata, Henrikh Mkhitaryan, Wayne Rooney, Marcus Rashford, Anthony Martial.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Lana1(m): 10:25am On Apr 30, 2017
smiley

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by eph12(m): 10:29am On Apr 30, 2017
SIRcumalot:

we had one glorious chance against Liverpool at anfield that pogba created and Zlatan threw away.
his clearly the creative hub of our team,i don't think say na stretch,m to say,our performance go better if our best midfielder played.
Herrera is our best midfielder
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by eph12(m): 10:44am On Apr 30, 2017
AdisaOwala:

Didn't want to say anything about this. We will still be outplayed in the midfield with Pogba and knowing who Jose is, Carrick will be the one to sit out and not Fellaini.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by SIRcumalot: 10:53am On Apr 30, 2017
eph12:

pogba has an argument based on how indispensable to the team he has been so far.
either of the two is fine by me.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Oasis007(m): 10:59am On Apr 30, 2017
grin

So happy to see Mata back in the Team!

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by SIRcumalot: 11:00am On Apr 30, 2017
eph12:

Didn't want to say anything about this. We will still be outplayed in the midfield with Pogba and knowing who Jose is, Carrick will be the one to sit out and not Fellaini.
do we stand a better chance of stealing something from that game with or without him?
that is the point,
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Oasis007(m): 11:01am On Apr 30, 2017
Lineup.

Starting XI: De Gea, Young, Bailly, Blind, Shaw, Herrera, Carrick, Rooney(c), Lingard, Martial, Rashford.

Sub: Romero, Darmian, Tuanzebe, Valencia, Mkhitaryan, Mata McTominay

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Olaone1: 11:03am On Apr 30, 2017
I expect an upset from Swansea, though undecided
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Oluwakemian: 11:03am On Apr 30, 2017
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by SIRcumalot: 11:07am On Apr 30, 2017
That headmaster called llorente and sigurddson can score some goals.
Fellaini would have been very important for our set piece defending today.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Danhumprey: 11:19am On Apr 30, 2017
eph12:
Someone said Herrera is just average.
what do you think?
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by eph12(m): 11:20am On Apr 30, 2017
SIRcumalot:

pogba has an argument based on how indispensable to the team he has been so far.
either of the two is fine by me.
Indispensable? Still trying to understand what this means though. Well he has played almost all matches when fit maybe that's why you say indispensable. Me thinks it's for lack of better option.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by eph12(m): 11:23am On Apr 30, 2017
SIRcumalot:

do we stand a better chance of stealing something from that game with or without him?
that is the point,
We stole something from that game didn't we?

If you're talking about winning, there's absolutely no proof of that.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by eph12(m): 11:25am On Apr 30, 2017
Danhumprey:
Someone said Herrera is just average.
what do you think?
I did say that if I wanted to troll.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by eph12(m): 11:27am On Apr 30, 2017
Olaone1:
I expect an upset from Swansea, though undecided
Lol
You just trying to protect yourself in case it happens cheesy
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by SIRcumalot: 11:27am On Apr 30, 2017
eph12:

We stole something from that game didn't we?

If you're talking about winning, there's absolutely no proof of that.
talking about winning.
city carried all three for OT.
we had a few scoring chances non we fashioned ourselves we could've more if he played.

(1) (2) (3) ... (4007) (4008) (4009) (4010) (4011) (4012) (4013) ... (14159) (Reply)

Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021

Viewing this topic: 4 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 41
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.