Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,165,527 members, 7,861,526 topics. Date: Saturday, 15 June 2024 at 01:55 PM

Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion - European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) (4242) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) / Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion (8866093 Views)

Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 / Manchester United Fan Thread: Premier League Champions 2010/11 / Manchester United Fan thread: Forever Reds (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (4239) (4240) (4241) (4242) (4243) (4244) (4245) ... (14216) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Nobody: 8:56pm On Jul 10, 2017
chrisley024:
No be jersey number dey play.

Your Lukaku goal alert msg is still welcomed. grin
cheesy grin gringrin
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by funlord(m): 9:42pm On Jul 10, 2017

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w3hcfIY_Voo

Big boys arriving for the 1st session.....
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by sinizia: 10:11pm On Jul 10, 2017
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by dubylhover(m): 10:21pm On Jul 10, 2017
New lads in action

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Fussbot: 10:32pm On Jul 10, 2017
Haha the guy has started playing already? Lol
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Leyqute(m): 10:58pm On Jul 10, 2017
Repeatedly 'pissing' in Chelsea's face should not be Mourinho's main purpose.

Chelsea is like that garrulous younger brother you deal a dirty slap and he goes to factory reset. One dirty slap is enough. Mou should have his own transfer targets and go for them. Shikena
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by sinizia: 11:02pm On Jul 10, 2017
Wayne Rooney

"I have just seen this kid make a couple of seasoned England defenders look very basic, then nonchalantly dink the ball over/around the keeper....then jog back like it was some sort of regular playground mess about"

That was during an England training session & the first time I had got to see this kid named Rooney... At the time there was a load of hype, and he didn't disappoint at all!

I saw Wayne's family that week in the players lounge after the England game vs Turkey and told them to make sure they get Wayne over to Old Trafford asap - that's the kind of immediate impact he had on me. I wanted this ridiculous talent alongside me for years to come on a day to day basis!

It happens, Wayne signs for Manchester United - I am over the moon... I'm buzzing knowing that this kid will scare not only defenders but all teams to death and yep he has just signed for us. Like a fan, his debut was an occasion us players all couldn't wait to see... why?? A few reasons really

1. Was he able to do it on the big stage for Man Utd
2. Can he handle the pressure that comes with the £30m price tag & all the attention that comes with that
3. Was he too young for all this
4. Did he have the temperament.

These were all valid questions of an 18yr old phenomenon.....and he answered them in explosive fashion with a hat trick on his debut vs Fenerbahçe - again Wayne took this in his stride like he was born to do this!

I'd seen many quality & hyped kids coming through at West Ham United like Joe Cole, Carrick, Lampard, Defoe..and many more over the years since at Man Utd like Pogba , Ravel Morrison, Lingard etc but none of these guys could compare with Wayne in terms of being ready physically(built like a middleweight boxer from 10yrs old!!) & his in game maturity with a ball at his feet (awareness, decision making, finding space, and a work ethic that rubbed off on others).

Even when Manchester United signed a £12m pound Portuguese wonderkid of a similar age by the name of Cristiano Ronaldo, Wayne was still the more mature footballer at the time. Cristiano at the time more interested in showboating while Wayne was all about doing things to affect the game and fit in as a total team player. Obviously Cristiano worked that one out soon enough & went on to do all sorts!!!!

But what I'm getting at is when you see hugely talented kids anywhere in the world you usually get a "what a talent this kid is, *but* " there's always a *but* but is he big enough, but is he strong enough yet, but is he quick enough, but can he pass it well enough, but can he score enough goals.... one of them questions if not more would have been aimed at the names I mentioned above around 18yrs old for sure - not Wayne Rooney. He ticked every box at 18 and that was the difference, he was a man at 18 & ready to take on the world on any football pitch!
Don't get me wrong he wasn't perfect, he had a temper that needed keeping in check on & off the pitch & he was at the perfect club with the perfect manager to help him with that. From within the club there were no doubts as to whether this kid from Liverpool would go on to be a great at this great club in Manchester.
There are so many moments I can go back to where he played a part in taking my breath away, like his overhead kick vs Manchester City , the lightening breakaway goal at Old Trafford with Cristiano vs Bolton, the volley vs Newcastle from way out, I could go on and on!!

But above those great moments he produced when putting the ball in the back of the net was Wayne's humility, his willingness to sacrifice for the team, play out of position(left wing/right wing at times) because the manager said so.
Also a huge part of his game was about a high intensity work ethic putting teams under pressure & his mentality that the team came first always. A truly unselfish footballer. He worked tirelessly after training on his shooting, doing it at match pace... none of this slow & chilled out shooting drills that you sometimes see players do - match tempo practice so when it came to games, he has seen them pictures daily on the training pitch & can execute more efficiently. He worked on his free kicks daily & his general ball striking.... None of these records get taken down without all that extra practice & focus so he deserves it all.

Wayne done it his way & in doing that has broken long standing goalscoring records for both club & country, and will no doubt go down as one of the best players to wear Manchester United & England shirts.

He was the best all round centre forward I played with & I played with some greats!
Great player, great guy & great family man *but* terrible singer!!

253 Goals For Manchester United
53 Goals For England

Enjoy the next chapter mate at Everton Football Club ... you are a Legend!
https://m.facebook.com/RioFerdinandOfficial/posts/1403619673019277:0

A true legend, Wazza.

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by sinizia: 11:22pm On Jul 10, 2017
Leyqute:
Repeatedly 'pissing' in Chelsea's face should not be Mourinho's main purpose.

Chelsea is like that garrulous younger brother you deal a dirty slap and he goes to factory reset. One dirty slap is enough. Mou should have his own transfer targets and go for them. Shikena

It's the dumb medias and warring fans alike that are making it look like Mourinho is "hijacking" Chelshit's targets. Nothing like that, at least it's not personal.

There few top rated strikers out there and many clubs chasing them so it's not out of order for two clubs to battle for a player. Mourinho wanted Griezmann and Morata in that order before Lukaku. Griezmann couldn't come cos of the ban, Morata was deemed too expensive for a serial benchwarmer. Lukaku was the 3rd option and through Pogba and Mino, we beat Chelshit to him. It's nothing personal. We bought Mikel first before Chelsea stole him from us. We were interested in Hazard but Shekpe got him first. Robben is another example. We even flew out to Barca to get Pedro but indecision and Mourinho's use of Fabregas meant we lost him to Shekpe. Its normal. Shît happens. It's not about pissing on anyone's face. Or do you want to back out from every deal once other club are interested in that player?

Neymar reportedly had Madrid medicals back then but yet Barca played under-G tactics and got him. Bakayoko just had a wonderful season and many clubs are interested in him, just cos Shekpe are publicly chasing him doesn't mean we should look elsewhere. Bakayoko is a Monaco player till he signs for Chelsea, but till then, anyone can bid for him. It's a fair game.

6 Likes

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Leyqute(m): 3:22am On Jul 11, 2017
sinizia:

It's the dumb medias and warring fans alike that are making it look like Mourinho is "hijacking" Chelshit's targets. Nothing like that, at least it's not personal.

There few top rated strikers out there and many clubs chasing them so it's not out of order for two clubs to battle for a player. Mourinho wanted Griezmann and Morata in that order before Lukaku. Griezmann couldn't come cos of the ban, Morata was deemed too expensive for a serial benchwarmer. Lukaku was the 3rd option and through Pogba and Mino, we beat Chelshit to him. It's nothing personal. We bought Mikel first before Chelsea stole him from us. We were interested in Hazard but Shekpe got him first. Robben is another example. We even flew out to Barca to get Pedro but indecision and Mourinho's use of Fabregas meant we lost him to Shekpe. Its normal. Shît happens. It's not about pissing on anyone's face. Or do you want to back out from every deal once other club are interested in that player?

Neymar reportedly had Madrid medicals back then but yet Barca played under-G tactics and got him. Bakayoko just had a wonderful season and many clubs are interested in him, just cos Shekpe are publicly chasing him doesn't mean we should look elsewhere. Bakayoko is a Monaco player till he signs for Chelsea, but till then, anyone can bid for him. It's a fair game.

You're probably right that the media and warring fans are behind that insinuation. It's also true that anyone can scout anyone, but two clubs don't pursue the same players in a single transfer window, unless they have the same scouts under their employ. After getting Bakayoko all Chelsea has to do is point us in the direction of Aiyegbeni, and Mou will snap him up. JK.

My point is we shouldn't rush to buy a player because he's a hot cake and many clubs want him, we should rush to buy a player because we want him and he's on our list.

But this is the transfer window and rumours are given tremendous wings to fly about, probably by Red Bull.

Make we just buy players wey go ball well for us nahim I want.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by PattyCake: 3:37am On Jul 11, 2017
enemyofprogress:
i don't him going personal with chelshit o, I'm yet to forgive them for that our 4-1 loss to them last season.

Well I like the way he's getting personal and spitting in their faces but a line has to be drawn somewhere...Bakayoko is too average to warrant spitting.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by MRTA7: 7:03am On Jul 11, 2017
So Lukaku shirt number is confirmed as the number 9
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by pamcode(m): 7:16am On Jul 11, 2017
enemyofprogress:
i don't him going personal with chelshit o, I'm yet to forgive them for that our 4-1 loss to them last season.
You mean 4-0.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by pamcode(m): 7:23am On Jul 11, 2017
Nihilist:
Chai Martial.

See back to back chancing grin

Anyway Lukaku is dead to me now so I don't even know why I'm laughing.... angry angry
lol can't Say I really care or feel bad.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by joeace2020(m): 8:36am On Jul 11, 2017
Leyqute:

You're probably right that the media and warring fans are behind that insinuation. It's also true that anyone can scout anyone, but two clubs don't pursue the same players in a single transfer window, unless they have the same scouts under their employ. After getting Bakayoko all Chelsea has to do is point us in the direction of Aiyegbeni, and Mou will snap him up. JK.

My point is we shouldn't rush to buy a player because he's a hot cake and many clubs want him, we should rush to buy a player because we want him and he's on our list.

But this is the transfer window and rumours are given tremendous wings to fly about, probably by Red Bull.

Make we just buy players wey go ball well for us nahim I want.

You said what? Wrong information. Two, three, four clubs can chase the same players in a transfer window if they so please, its left to the player's parent club and the player to decide.. I dont understand this your statement atall? E be like wetin girl wey dey do follow follow for boyfriend go talk.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by joeace2020(m): 8:38am On Jul 11, 2017
pamcode:
lol can't Say I really care or feel bad.

I dont understand.. One Chelshit fan says Lukaku has chanced Martial but he doesn't feel bad and an Assnal fan says he can't really care or feel bad... Like do we need you people to even care? See all these closet fans oo
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by tess1(m): 8:56am On Jul 11, 2017
This really serious. A case of over working...... This guy was one of my favorite strikers then.

Former Argentina and Fiorentina striker Gabriel Batistuta has revealed he struggles to walk after his 17 years in football.

The 48-year-old retired in 2005 after an illustrious career, scoring 168 goals for the Italian club and 56 times for his country.
But he told Fifa.com he has "difficulty walking" because of the effort he put into his game.
"I gave much more than I actually had to give," Batistuta said.
In 2014, Batistuta revealed he had asked doctors to amputate his legs because of the severe pain he was suffering.
After surgery to relieve the pressure on his cartilage and tendons, his condition improved, but he has been left with mobility problems.

http://m.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/40560257
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Lordemperoris100(m): 9:16am On Jul 11, 2017
Wicked ukaku joins manutd time for theory martial to finally retire
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by enemyofprogress: 9:37am On Jul 11, 2017
pamcode:
You mean 4-0.
abeg no remind me of the day
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Leyqute(m): 9:37am On Jul 11, 2017
joeace2020:

You said what? Wrong information. Two, three, four clubs can chase the same players in a transfer window if they so please, its left to the player's parent club and the player to decide.. I dont understand this your statement atall? E be like wetin girl wey dey do follow follow for boyfriend go talk.

Yeah, but a top respectable team shouldn't become interested in some players simply because another team is interested in those particular players.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Zaha(m): 9:51am On Jul 11, 2017
Lordemperoris100:
Wicked ukaku joins manutd time for theory martial to finally retire
smh

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by PattyCake: 10:10am On Jul 11, 2017
I was right all along, Lukakus fav number is 9...he sought Zlatans permission to wear it next season ...Everyone just cheating Martial well he needs to deliver if he wants respect.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by SamzySamuel(m): 12:11pm On Jul 11, 2017
Mourinho 2-0 Conte: Manchester United agree £35m fee for Chelsea target

See What's Happening: http://ezeudoyesamuel.cf/Sports/Mourinho+2-0+Conte.+Manchester++United+agree+E35m+fee+for+Chelsea++target

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Lana1(m): 12:19pm On Jul 11, 2017
We should set our own transfer targets and go after them. Not because Chelsea also wants the player.
We should be looking to rub shoulders with the Bayerns and Madrids of this world and not Chelsea. No point in this Bakayoko rumours! Fabinho is still the better option here
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by MRTA7: 12:38pm On Jul 11, 2017
James Rodriguez has gone to Bayern on a 2 yr loan deal.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Oasis007(m): 12:40pm On Jul 11, 2017
grin

#RedRom

2 Likes

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Oasis007(m): 12:44pm On Jul 11, 2017
#RedRom

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by raumdeuter: 12:49pm On Jul 11, 2017
MRTA7:

Top notch business we got James without having to pay 80M or 60M.

The James Rodriguez deal:
€10m for a 2-year loan + Option to buy in 2019 for €35.2m
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Oasis007(m): 12:51pm On Jul 11, 2017
MRTA7:

It's actually not a Miss for United, coz it seems the Club and the Manager didn't actually want him.

I think his Style of Play suits Bundesliga than the EPL. I wanted him at United though, but JM knows the calibre of Players that fits his Plan.

Wish him best of Luck at Bayern.

1 Like

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by sinizia: 12:59pm On Jul 11, 2017
raumdeuter:

Top notch business we got James without having to pay 80M or 60M.

The James Rodriguez deal:
€10m for a 2-year loan + Option to buy in 2019 for €35.2m

No team would've paid such an amount (80m) for a benchwarmer, hence why teams weren't clamouring for his signature. Madrid finally grew sense. They would've stuck with their usual foolish high prices and watch him leave for free when no team shows interest.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Leyqute(m): 1:03pm On Jul 11, 2017

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=szW5ynpfs1g

Lukaku's interview with Henry in 2016. Hopefully hee knows he still needs to improve his first touch
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by weedtaker: 1:07pm On Jul 11, 2017
bayern don collect anoda madrid vomit, at least ancelotti don see say thomas muller is nothing but a white jesse lingard.

yeye club, dem collect una best midfielder for chicken change , una de collect dia attacker wey de behind lsco asensio and vasquez on a 2yr loan deal. foolish club.

3 Likes

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by raumdeuter: 1:12pm On Jul 11, 2017
sinizia:
No team would've paid such an amount (80m) for a benchwarmer, hence why teams weren't clamouring for his signature. Madrid finally grew sense. They would've stuck with their usual foolish high prices and watch him leave for free when no team shows interest.

James to play for Bayern for a fee of 10M. After 2yrs when the market go don red more. Bayern CAN buy for 35M

Meaning in 2019, you can buy a player of James stature for a total of 45M. EUROS thats less than 40M pounds.

Think of the caliber of players going for less than 40M currently not to talk of in 2yrs time.

James is a top talent, forget that he is chopping bench in Madrid, His problem was that he wanted a free role in a team that has Ronaldo, Bale and Benzema who contribute little defensively. Play James in a team without much defensive responsibilities and he is a beast

check the price other Barca/Madrid outcasts like Sanchez, Ozil, Dimaria, Higuain etc were sold for and now James for a Max of 45M EUROS

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (4239) (4240) (4241) (4242) (4243) (4244) (4245) ... (14216) (Reply)

Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021

Viewing this topic: lekkie073(m), TheLequte and 5 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 81
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.