Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,264 members, 7,818,895 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 07:33 AM

Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion - European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) (4824) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) / Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion (8736738 Views)

Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 / Manchester United Fan Thread: Premier League Champions 2010/11 / Manchester United Fan thread: Forever Reds (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (4821) (4822) (4823) (4824) (4825) (4826) (4827) ... (14149) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by elrony(m): 10:23am On Dec 06, 2017
elampiro:

Since I joined this thread, I have never insulted anyone first. Most times, I don't even return insult the first time. It is when the person keeps thinking I am a fool that I finally fire back.

Also some would use my tribe to insult me. They would say this Benin/Edo/Isha man. Elampiro watches football from his calabash, meaning Edo people are fetish. I just over look.

The worst is the fact that new monikers I don't know are the ones insulting me. I could take some shits from old timers.

Oh my days! grin grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by elampiro(m): 10:24am On Dec 06, 2017
elrony:

Wow!

But still not to take anything away from you sir, You're an old man cheesy grin grin

I agree. Anything wrong with being old?

But anyone here above 30 has no right to call me an old man.

May be you guys think I am 50. I am not sure when I get to that age bracket that I would still be coming here. Insults and the hardship of life setting it would allow. Lol
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by lekkie073(m): 10:24am On Dec 06, 2017
elampiro:

"You no know ball" is never an insult. If I considered it as an insult, I would not use it.

When I came here newly, I used to call people 'rastafarian'. Some said it was an insult, I withdrew it.
so u will have to withdraw dis one too. And stop all these 'I am d king of analysis' and other synonymous craps. It makes u look egocentric

1 Like

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by elampiro(m): 10:26am On Dec 06, 2017
Leyqute:

Did you also notice the fabulous through ball he gave Rashford which the latter hit against the post? That's not the kind of performance you term "poor".

What I see is someone who's trying to acquire new skills, improve himself and morph into an all-round striker. If he scores less goals during that development period, it's a worthy sacrifice for what's to come.

You might say he didn't do well against Arsenal, I won't bat an eyelid. But it is very unnecessary to censure his performance yesterday, cos it's the exact opposite of what you've been on about. Do give credit when due. Lukaku wasn't awful yesterday, he had a hand in all of our goals and was a beauty to watch.

Rashford performed better. Yet some came for his head. Why didn't you fight them?
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Nobody: 10:26am On Dec 06, 2017
I don't visit this thread often but anytime I drop by and read briefly this hoop boy is always insulting and condescending...i can only imagine how pained his existence must bem
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by sinizia: 10:30am On Dec 06, 2017
funlord:

Don't you feel like insulting him sometimes?

No, I don't. I found Elampawa more annoying during his defense of Rooney way back but I never felt the reason to insult him because I knew he's civil with the way he went about it, mostly. Him and Cöogar would argue for months even years but still tried hard to keep it civil. I found annoying excuses Elampawa put up for Rooney's decline, but it'd never reach to the extent to feel like insulting him.

His condescending attitude and generally poor online chat approach is a lightning rod for insults? Who gets paid for getting likes? Why lie or create dumb excuses just to seem knowledgeable? Which award is given for writing epistles of trash? Which one is "footballing intelligentsia?" "I am the king of analysis?" "I am never wrong?" ......even me that balls in Manchester steady and has even met his god wazza won't stoop so low to start forming rubbish! Abeg the nigga needs to check himself before he wrecks himself....it is the height of immaturity to always want to act like you know online....this was why 2 niggas got decapitated by some girls on the runs thread yesterday! Elamps is childish...EOD!

@emboldened, How's that different from Räumdeuter's words like "I'm never wrong. . . . I pack more football knowledge in my toe nails than you have in your entire existence. . . . Pick any issue about football and I will defeat you. . . . All you know about football can be written in a grain of rice"?

This is different from the issue on the Ashawo thread yesterday. The person involved is a rude misogynistic man that can't handle women not parting their legs for him or turning down his advances. Was he not the one that they took his matter to Twitter? He sent Ibikayëe loads of email and yet turned around to call her obese coz the lass doesn't fancy him. How's that related to Elampawa saying you no know ball? Condescending it seems, but not to be compared to the rude character of Paulkillėrman.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by elrony(m): 10:33am On Dec 06, 2017
cry
elampiro:

I agree. Anything wrong with being old?

But anyone here above 30 has no right to call me an old man.

May be you guys think I am 50. I am not sure when I get to that age bracket that I would still be coming here. Insults and the hardship of life setting it would allow. Lol

From the biologist in me , I'd say yes grin

But technically, there's nothing wrong in being old tho except when one reeks of immaturity compared to their numerical datings (definitely not you o, b4 you roast me)

Meanwhile you're 42 with 3 kids and one is my age mate grin grin ...Deny it!!
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by diggz: 10:40am On Dec 06, 2017
Cc Nihilist, airmark,raumdeuter,sod09, chic2pimp

cheesy cheesy
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by lekkie073(m): 10:43am On Dec 06, 2017
diggz:
Cc Nihilist, airmark,raumdeuter,sod09, chic2pimp

cheesy cheesy

evil man.....
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by elrony(m): 10:43am On Dec 06, 2017
diggz:
Cc [s]Nihilist, airmark,raumdeuter,sod09, chic2pimp[/s]

cheesy cheesy

Why you wan scatter this place na ? cheesy grin
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by elrony(m): 10:44am On Dec 06, 2017
lekkie073:
evil man.....

Very evil man cheesy
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by sinizia: 10:48am On Dec 06, 2017
funlord:

So it is not rude to talk down on people? And is dayo a united fan? Why should he not talk down on non bayern fans? That is his right as a rival! Anyway I have pointed out his folly you can placate him if you want but I won't! It won't be long before another _fuck up occurs! Abeg make I go fagbo dey laugh una for one corner.....

I'm not trying to placate him. You're right, looking at it now, Elampawa does seem to have exhibited condescending attitude with his posts, but it still doesn't change the fact that Elampawa usually doesn't out-rightly insult people first. I can vouch for him for that.

The only person I know he did that to was Afrødoc and when he pointed that out, Elampawa apologised.

That said, Elampiro I think you'd stop using the you no know ball words coz people find it insulting.

1 Like

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by sinizia: 10:50am On Dec 06, 2017
diggz:
Cc Nihilist_, airmark_,raumdeuter_,sod09_, chic2pimp_

cheesy cheesy

Go your house!!

1 Like

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Leyqute(m): 11:04am On Dec 06, 2017
elampiro:

Rashford performed better. Yet some came for his head. Why didn't you fight them?

Rashford played 90 mins. He scored the second goal and couldve gotten another towards the end of the game as CSKA offered little resistance. Why wouldn't he get a better rating?

However this doesn't negate the fact that he was below average for the first 45 minutes. He looked uninterested in the game and was tardy. He hit the post after being put on goal by Lukaku and his own through ball to the Belgian in that period was too heavy.

Lukaku on the other hand didn't play the whole game but his contribution was felt and he's responsible solely for the victory. He could've gotten another goal if he'd stayed on as well as a superior rating.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by diggz: 11:07am On Dec 06, 2017
sinizia:

Go your house!!

Oga see wetin u carry to break my head on top wetin I do? cheesy cheesy

elrony:

Why you wan scatter this place na ? cheesy grin

lekkie073:
evil man.....

So una go happy if we no fit gain anything from the abundance of knowledge wey una dey share here? grin
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Oasis007(m): 11:12am On Dec 06, 2017
CapitalCee:

Not only last night smalling has been outstanding for some time now

You are on Point Bro! I hope he maintains the Momentum and keeps improving!
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by joeace2020(m): 11:12am On Dec 06, 2017
elampiro:

Lol

You guys are funny by always calling me old man.

When one day we see, you guys we be surprised I am not so senior to you people. I went to school early and graduated early as well. So that could be the big difference.

I even got a job from my NYSC service year.
Had to choose between two jobs on merit. One of them gotten after passing a tough bank's aptitude test, emerging top 5% of over a thousand candidates. There was even a third job I even forgot to mention, a company I topped their management test (although a one man's business), I was to be sent to head a branch office in Benin. When I got a bank that I knew I would be retained , I had to get a rejection from my PPA in Ikeja, another firm I was the only one taken after four youth corps members sat for their Accounting test. That was like 4 places. My place of PPA, a company and two banks.

It was not fault I knew how to hustle early because I knew where I was coming from. From NYSC camp, I wrote tests and went for interview Fridays and Saturdays. Even after camp (having secured a place of PPA) I didn’t rest. We were 12,000 NYSC members in Lagos during my time.

You see.. it's this condescending attitude that speaks volumes about your mentality and view of life. You are being called old not because you are old (i would know one if i saw one) but by this attitude of better than everyone else, i know more than everyone else. Even though you don't outrightly insult people, this behavior is far worse and insults people subtly. Do you know my story? You are sharing this story just so you can intimidate people and beat your chest to say I've seen more than You. A very deceptive form of reverse psychology that many here will fall for.. Not me. Everyone has a story too. I come from a family of 15 kids, it was a fight or die and some of my siblings are gone yea dead.. They didn't make it.... I was selling papers by 200 level, i was hawking Novels and books in Hall 1 and Hall 2 in Uniben, that was long before i knew what life was about.. It was all struggles, struggles till found myself at Aguiyi Ironsi house.. EFCC headquarters Abuja in 2015 because i was trying everything to get ahead. My brother you nor know people story, nor think say you don see all there is in life. If there's anything i have learnt in life, it's to be humble to learn, avoid arguments that i can never win and never force my opinions on others but reason with them because nobody knows best.

5 Likes

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Oasis007(m): 11:13am On Dec 06, 2017
CapitalCee:

-Lindelof was judged too early including me, but he has settled in marvellously, his pAssing range, his decision making and all round play has been top notch.
- How i wish Jose will forget about rose and believe in Shaw, may be the stoking up of the rose transfer speculation is to fire him up. With the likes of young and Valencia mentoring him, Shaw will definitely come good.
- Jose is not the most successful manager currently in the league for nothing, he has won things even in the
Tightest of scenarios so I am not bothered by his game plan, once the players are up to it, the team will certainly do well. The 352 formation is all about Pogba and any willing runner, which Lingard suits well, but will he be consistent? I earnestly pray So, this formation is the reason Lukaku dropped deeper to draw defenders out of position in order to create space for dangerous passes from Pogba, with the tireless running of Lingard and the ice cold ruthlessness of Martial, teams Will always be caught napping, hence our huge number of goals recently and goals coming from every part of the pitch. Young and Valencia have been really helpful too. The main thing is for our players to keep performing at optimum level.
- our defence has never been our issue we have good personnels there; even Smalling is putting in a shift seriously. There was no time selling Shaw was an option, he is a top talent and St ill young.
- For me Darmian should be offloaded, he seem not to do anything good, but Jose seem to like him though. Tuanzebe and Mctomms will be gradually integrated into the team, there time will come.
- Felliani should appreciate Jose for his trust in him, even when everyone is against him and stay, he is a very vital players and may do a "young later. But You can't blame him though if he decide to go, the fans has given him hell since he arrived, him leaving us I think now depends on him.

Nice Contributions bro! Thumb up!
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by elampiro(m): 11:14am On Dec 06, 2017
Leyqute:

Rashford played 90 mins. He scored the second goal and couldve gotten another towards the end of the game as CSKA offered little resistance. Why wouldn't he get a better rating?

However this doesn't negate the fact that he was below average for the first 45 minutes. He looked uninterested in the game and was tardy. He hit the post after being put on goal by Lukaku and his own through ball to the Belgian in that period was too heavy.

Lukaku on the other hand didn't play the whole game but his contribution was felt and he's responsible solely for the victory. He could've gotten another goal if he'd stayed on as well as a superior rating.

Ratings are not done based on minutes played (except whoscored which might add or subtract based on additional stats while on the field, like dribbling +, dispossessed -). When those two amateurs players came on for Herrera and Valencia, we didn’t have many positives.

Rashford was very okay for me throughout, first half inclusive. He did what Ashley Young could have done by being unpredictable which way he intended to drive - either behind the defence line or cut in front of it.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Oasis007(m): 11:15am On Dec 06, 2017
eph12:

I hope to see more of him. His work rate was excellent too

grin

He's certainly gonna be starting League Cup and F.A Cup respectively!
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Oasis007(m): 11:16am On Dec 06, 2017
elampiro:

It is the reverse, Lukaku started well scoring freely, and have been declining.

grin

Senior Man..... one Man Battalion.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by eph12(m): 11:16am On Dec 06, 2017
Oasis007:
grin

Lindelof is becoming a new Vidic, and no one is talking about it?! Shaw had a good Game last Night, won Fans' MOTM, yet little were said about him?! JM seems to have found a good balance for the Team with 3 - 5 - 2, yet the Einsteins ain't discussing the new Formation and Players' setup?!

The 3CBs at the back are well covered, Bailly - Jones - Rojo or Lindelof - Smalling - Blind, the Depth is there to discuss and factually analyze, yet little Attention is given to it?! Shaw has picked up, played well as a LWB, a good Competitor for Young..... should he still be sold or not?!

Tunazebe seems ready to deputize for Valencia, Darmian ain't impressing till now..... should he be sold or not?! Fellaini ain't ready to renew his Contract based on United Terms, McTominay is proving to be a huge Talent..... Fellaini should be offloaded or not?!

Pls, let shift away from Lukaku Matter, these are Matters arising, let's discuss it.
Lindelof should eventually come good but i may need to see more. Vidic was solid on his own, without a back of 3. He had a great recovery when beaten. I hope to see this in Lindelof in the coming days
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Leyqute(m): 11:16am On Dec 06, 2017
elampiro:

Ratings are not done based on minutes played (except whoscored which might add or subtract based on additional stats while on the field, like dribbling +, dispossessed -). When those two amateurs players came on for Herrera and Valencia, we didn’t have many positives.

Rashford was very okay for me throughout, first half inclusive. He did what Ashley Young could have done by being unpredictable which way he intended to drive - either behind the defence line or cut in front of it.

Ratings are done based on performances and you can only perform when you're on the pitch.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by elampiro(m): 11:36am On Dec 06, 2017
joeace2020:

You see.. it's this condescending attitude that speaks volumes about your mentality and view of life. You are being called old not because you are old (i would know one if i saw one) but by this attitude of better than everyone else, i know more than everyone else. Even though you don't outrightly insult people, this behavior is far worse and insults people subtly. Do you know my story? You are sharing this story just so you can intimidate people and beat your chest to say I've seen more than You. A very deceptive form of reverse psychology that many here will fall for.. Not me. Everyone has a story too. I come from a family of 15 kids, it was a fight or die and some of my siblings are gone yea dead.. They didn't make it.... I was selling papers by 200 level, i was hawking Novels and books in Hall 1 and Hall 2 in Uniben, that was long before i knew what life was about.. It was all struggles, struggles till found myself at Aguiyi Ironsi house.. EFCC headquarters Abuja in 2015 because i was trying everything to get ahead. My brother you nor know people story, nor think say you don see all there is in life. If there's anything i have learnt in life, it's to be humble to learn, avoid arguments that i can never win and never force my opinions on others but reason with them because nobody knows best.

I don't know how I proved better than anyone else. Some of the things I say were carried over from my long debate with Coogar. For instance, Coogar would say he is soccer god, and 90% of the house would applaud him. Then I had to respond to him by countering his his stats with more detail stats, then I would tell him I am a great analyst, then he finds another way to retaliate. I didn't see anyone who said Coogar was proud, even when he brought people down with ridicule by what they wore.

I brought my story to tell I am not so old. For years, people keep saying old just because I made a mistake of revealing part of my life. For instance I have revealed my tribe, my state, where I live etc. Before I joined this Manchester United thread, I didn’t see it as a big deal to state my age on nairaland. I even had a picture of me on my profile. The reason I stopped that was when I saw people here finding faults in everything. Even if John Cena came to nairaland, Coogar and his team would have still find a way to bring him down based on his school, work, dress.

But I already made a mistake of revealing some of my private life here, so some think I am one 55 years old man. If I knew I would have kept quiet from the beginning. You know in facebook, there we know one another even to the house. That was my initial way of looking at nairaland.

Well sorry about your experience. I know we all have experiences. I have not the best nor the the worst. But be sure I have not said anything much about my life experience here. It's not worth it. And I am not saying I am the most experienced. We have guys in UK, US, Canada etc. Some travel and return. We have Afrodoc2, Raumdeuter, Starboard, and some other quiet guys I think have more life experience.

I think it is the last time I will talk private matter here.

1 Like

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by elampiro(m): 11:41am On Dec 06, 2017
Leyqute:

Ratings are done based on performances and you can only perform when you're on the pitch.

Have you not seen someone who played 60 minutes and rated negative by whoscored and another came on same match at 75 minutes and rated positive.

Whoscored starts rating from 6.

If you have positives your score goes up from there. If you have more negatives than positive, your score goes below 6.

You can be on the pitch for 90 minutes and rate lower than one on for 15 minutes.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by elrony(m): 11:42am On Dec 06, 2017
Annie74 , always inna shadows observing! smiley
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by eph12(m): 11:43am On Dec 06, 2017
elampiro:

Abeg there were many chances in the game. Many players created chances.
Oh he created chances and scored a goal right? What else?

I saw most of Rashford final passes not meeting their targets if not all sef
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Nobody: 11:45am On Dec 06, 2017
WOAH some people really have suffered in this world....GOD pick my call
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by annie74(f): 11:52am On Dec 06, 2017
elrony:
Annie74 , always inna shadows observing! smiley

Lol... Don't mind me. I come here to read fans analysis of a game but what do I get.. Arguments back and forth, fans picking on a particular player. We win a game, problem. We don't win, more trouble. Lukaku scores, trouble. Lukaku doesn't score, trouble. Most people even overlook his overall contribution. I just tire! Lemme keep observing.

(1) (2) (3) ... (4821) (4822) (4823) (4824) (4825) (4826) (4827) ... (14149) (Reply)

Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021

Viewing this topic: Englishisamust, Bellamy01 and 5 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 62
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.