Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,502 members, 7,819,818 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 12:51 AM

Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion - European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) (4826) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) / Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion (8741535 Views)

Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 / Manchester United Fan Thread: Premier League Champions 2010/11 / Manchester United Fan thread: Forever Reds (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (4823) (4824) (4825) (4826) (4827) (4828) (4829) ... (14155) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by elampiro(m): 3:40pm On Dec 06, 2017
KinzyeWriter:
It is as simple as that bro. cheesy ...

These people just have this personal hatred towards the nigga... I was at the viewing center with a barca fan yday.. He said he didn't see why people blame lukaku. That he isn't useless even when he is not scoring .. As he sees his paces and well precised forward passes.. He could do it with his head and legs.

I was surprised to hear this from another team fan seriously .. And some panke fans will be saying he was woefully performing before that stunner goal. grin

One thing that can be deduced from your write up, your Barca fan friend has many friends or have heard from many people who think Lukaku is poor, even off the ball. This means it is not only elampiro and some United fans on nairaland who think Lukaku has so much improvement to make.

This your Barca friend also concluded from a weak openent as CSKA that Lukaku is not rightly criticized. Not from two EPL matches or against one of the big 8 - 10 teams in the EPL. Not to even mention top 6
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by elampiro(m): 3:50pm On Dec 06, 2017
eph12:

Who is the another he passes to that passes to the striker? See as I dey laugh for here. So the winger cannot pass to the striker or put others in goal scoring positions?

You no know ball aswear

Mkhitaryan, Silva, playing directly behind the striker benefit from the dribblers in their teams. If you are Ronaldinho that can bring the ball from the deep, and you have Zidane in the middle, just destroy men and give to Zidane to make that final pass. In an attempt to go past men with speeding play, you make mistakes, hence the poor pass accuracy
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by elampiro(m): 3:57pm On Dec 06, 2017
eph12:

Even the one he scored yesterday was another clear cut chance? Abi the one he scored against Newcastle was a clear cut chance they created for him abi?

Should we look at his goals and check how many CCC he has scored and compare with how many he hustled to score since you say he mostly rely on CCC?

Did he make the goals himself like Lingard did against Watford or the way Martial usually does?

He is a kind of striker who relies on such supplies, or sees a good chance and burst the net. When he is not doing that it calls for worry.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by eph12(m): 3:57pm On Dec 06, 2017
elampiro:

Mkhitaryan, Silva, playing directly behind the striker benefit from the dribblers in their teams. If you are Ronaldinho that can bring the ball from the deep, and you have Zidane in the middle, just destroy men and give to Zidane to make that final pass. In an attempt to go past men with speeding play, you make mistakes, hence the poor pass accuracy
This one is beer parlor analysis na. Where we're you when Ronaldinho was giving assists and scoring goals even with Deco in the team?

Rashford played as SS and not LW. How can we have LWB and still have a LW again na

1 Like

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by eph12(m): 4:00pm On Dec 06, 2017
elampiro:

Did he make the goals himself like Lingard did against Watford or the way Martial usually does?

He is a kind of striker who relies on such supplies, or sees a good chance and burst the net. When he is not doing that it calls for worry.
I understand your worry that it's calling for. Even all the key passes should be source of worry too.

If he didn't nod that ball down for Martial against TTH or intercepted that pass against Arsenal or dropped the ball for Lingard in same match maybe they would have gone all the way.

You are making a mockery of yourself if you expect Lukaku to go on a run dropping players to score goals
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by elampiro(m): 4:01pm On Dec 06, 2017
It would have made more sense last night to say "Lukaku improved tonight and regaining his form", than saying we were wrong to criticize him.

I don go till night.

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by elampiro(m): 4:13pm On Dec 06, 2017
eph12:

I understand your worry that it's calling for. Even all the key passes should be source of worry too.

If he didn't nod that ball down for Martial against TTH or intercepted that pass against Arsenal or dropped the ball for Lingard in same match maybe they would have gone all the way.

You are making a mockery of yourself if you expect Lukaku to go on a run dropping players to score goals

Don’t go and open another argument you cannot win. Which striker in EPL that doesn't sometimes create chances/give key passes? Aguero create like twice the number (per minutes played) that Lukaku creates.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Leyqute(m): 4:18pm On Dec 06, 2017
elampiro:

He could have as well have more negatives during that time those young guys were on the pitch.

Okay. An energetic player who scored a half-chance goal and created another when it was hard to score will suddenly become poor and have many "negatives" if allowed to play till the end of the game?

Do you see how ludicrous that sounds?

elampiro:
It would have made more sense last night to say "Lukaku improved tonight and regaining his form", than saying we were wrong to criticize him.

I don go till night.

You said he had a poor game! That's a whole lot different from criticism. That's censure.

Just say you hate him because he snatched your or something else. Because it's clear you're scrutinizing him with binoculars of animosity.

1 Like

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by elrony(m): 4:21pm On Dec 06, 2017
Oasis007:
grin

Annie74..... don't mind elrony, jez keeps visiting and observing!

angry angry angry
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by elampiro(m): 4:22pm On Dec 06, 2017
eph12:

Since how many days now you keep repeating that I am making a mockery of myself. You keep insulting me.

I give you facts, it is left for you to learn from them. Lukaku gives one key pass same time Aguero gives two.

May be if I even check Salah who is top scorer, he might have a better figure.

Even from what I have seen so far, Kane has the best key pass per rating among them. He is doing 37 minutes for a key pass.

Kane 37
Aguero 45
Salah 46
Lukaku 84 minutes per key pass.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by codedguy1(m): 4:25pm On Dec 06, 2017
You nor know ball. grin grin

I just wanted to say that!
Any body wey carry am for head na him sabi.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by kelvinze(m): 4:27pm On Dec 06, 2017
Choose one grin grin grin

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by BlueAngel444: 4:44pm On Dec 06, 2017
Seems nobody is satisfied with their strikers grin cheesy
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by eph12(m): 4:45pm On Dec 06, 2017
elampiro:

Since how many days now you keep repeating that I am making a mockery of myself. You keep insulting me.

I give you facts, it is left for you to learn from them. Lukaku gives one key pass same time Aguero gives two.

May be if I even check Salah who is top scorer, he might have a better figure.

Even from what I have seen so far, Kane has the best key pass per rating among them. He is doing 37 minutes for a key pass.

Kane 37
Aguero 45
Salah 46
Lukaku 84 minutes per key pass.
It wasn't an insult and you shouldn't see it that way. So I apologize as it was intended.

That said, you keep on continuing to twist facts. You talk about Aguero but refuse to talk about the team as a whole. Aguero that has not scored from open play in two months is who you are using to rubbish Lukaku's effort and you think it's OK? They have both missed same number of big chances but no Lukaku is the waster. Auba has lost 17 big chances but Lukaku is the one preventing his team from playing.

We need him to improve, just as we need the whole team. Rashford, not trying to score has a poor pass accuracy. He needs to improve on that, but because he is skilful and can drimble upandan you don't see anything wrong with that. It's OK

1 Like

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by afrodoc2: 4:46pm On Dec 06, 2017
These arguments are becoming more monotonous and superfluous by the day.
Little objective analysis just "for" and "against". It is like i am trapped in a long Coogar vs Elampiro argument on repeat.

Elampiro 1) Just try to be less condescending in your debates and 2) Learn to walk away from arguments sometimes. You can't win everytime, even if you are right.
And yes "you no know ball" is an insult and condescending.

Hoopla your post was too harsh in my opinion.

2 Likes

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by ChristineC: 5:16pm On Dec 06, 2017
elampiro:

Look at this stupid Yoruba dirty man who shits in his bedroom and dinning, in the morning he throws the faeces in front of his door step.

You are an idiot and a compound fool.

I have my opinion, and rightly given. Lukaku struggled last night missing two good chances. He scored to redeem himself and people here were blaming our man of the match to prove what nonsense? Just to support their poor defence of Lukaku bad hold up play against Arsenal, they shifted blame.

1 Like

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Lana1(m): 5:37pm On Dec 06, 2017
kelvinze:
Option 2 is impossible. Can never happen.

Option 3 dey enticing small. But no guarantee that SAF coming back returns us to the old days.

Option 1 na the only sensible option. 1 UCL for City wont make them bigger or better than us.

1 Like

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by BlueAngel444: 6:06pm On Dec 06, 2017
I heard that Mou said teams won't be jumping in excitment to face ManU smiley, it reminded me of one pix during that David Moyes 'era' where teams where begging to draw Man U in the quarter finals grin. Those good old days cheesy
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by eph12(m): 6:07pm On Dec 06, 2017
afrodoc2:

These arguments are becoming more monotonous and superfluous by the day.
Little objective analysis just "for" and "against". It is like i am trapped in a long Coogar vs Elampiro argument on repeat.

Elampiro 1) Just try to be less condescending in your debates and 2) Learn to walk away from arguments sometimes. You can't win everytime, even if you are right.
And yes "you no know ball" is an insult and condescending.

Hoopla your post was too harsh in my opinion.
And I see that "you no know ball" as something hilarious, not meant to be an insult. Probably because I'm hardly affected by insults sha

3 Likes

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by eph12(m): 6:08pm On Dec 06, 2017
kelvinze:
2nd one biko
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by afrodoc2: 6:11pm On Dec 06, 2017
eph12:

And I see that "you no know ball" as something hilarious, not meant to be an insult. Probably because I'm hardly affected by insults sha

Personally i am not offended by it, but i can see how someone especially a new poster would feel insulted. Most of us old timers here laugh when Elampiro says it however that does not mean it is not an insult.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by eph12(m): 6:12pm On Dec 06, 2017
afrodoc2:

Personally i am not offended by it, but i can see how someone especially a new poster would feel insulted. Most of us old timers here laugh when Elampiro says it however that does not mean it is not an insult.
Yea true sha.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by eph12(m): 6:15pm On Dec 06, 2017
This Dybala is just scoring goals for fun in my FM. He can also create too. Won't he be a better addition than Grizzy? I know it's FM but the little I have seen of him shows he is fearless and can be very handful
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by kelvinze(m): 6:40pm On Dec 06, 2017
Lana1:
Option 2 is impossible. Can never happen.

Option 3 dey enticing small. But no guarantee that SAF coming back returns us to the old days.

Option 1 na the only sensible option. 1 UCL for City wont make them bigger or better than us.
whatttt?...I wouldn't give UCL to man city angry angry
I'd choose 3 cheesy
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by kelvinze(m): 6:41pm On Dec 06, 2017
eph12:

2nd one biko
Lol...I considered 2 but 3 makes a whole lot of sense
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by kelvinze(m): 6:43pm On Dec 06, 2017
eph12:
This Dybala is just scoring goals for fun in my FM. He can also create too. Won't he be a better addition than Grizzy? I know it's FM but the little I have seen of him shows he is fearless and can be very handful
I prefer buying dybala(23 or 24 yrs) for 130milla than griezzy(27) for 89_100milla.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by CapitalCee(m): 7:13pm On Dec 06, 2017
Instead City winning champions league let us go trophyless
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by eph12(m): 7:38pm On Dec 06, 2017
kelvinze:

Lol...I considered 2 but 3 makes a whole lot of sense
Abeg let SAF goan rest jare, he deserves it. We need that champe more than the league jare
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by eph12(m): 7:40pm On Dec 06, 2017
CapitalCee:
Instead City winning champions league let us go trophyless
I concur
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by eph12(m): 7:41pm On Dec 06, 2017
kelvinze:

I prefer buying dybala(23 or 24 yrs) for 130milla than griezzy(27) for 89_100milla.
I agree with you
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by codedguy1(m): 7:56pm On Dec 06, 2017
kelvinze:

I am not really rooting for anyone in particular but I really want to know if buying a player like Sanchez at 27 is a bad idea.
How old was Van Persie when we got him?

players peak at different times and apart from Ronaldo and Messi who are aliens, I think most other footballer of the year winners have been within a certain age bracket and 27 is actually a good age to get the best from a player who has peaked at that age. Also the player can still give at least 2 - 3 years of good football.

Buying a good player at 19 - 24 is still not a guarantee that those players will go on to be fantastic or get us anywhere and we have had quite a litany of them come and go.

Price in the market is crazy right now but if the player is 27 and in his prime then why not?

just an observation.

(1) (2) (3) ... (4823) (4824) (4825) (4826) (4827) (4828) (4829) ... (14155) (Reply)

Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021

Viewing this topic: ennyjay72(m), Henrique99 and 5 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 60
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.