Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,762 members, 7,817,106 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 05:53 AM

Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion - European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) (5377) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) / Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion (8723979 Views)

Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 / Manchester United Fan Thread: Premier League Champions 2010/11 / Manchester United Fan thread: Forever Reds (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5374) (5375) (5376) (5377) (5378) (5379) (5380) ... (14147) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by PlainJAY(m): 6:51pm On Mar 16, 2018
I am Alive...i am here *in Jose's voice* grin
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by PlainJAY(m): 6:59pm On Mar 16, 2018
raumdeuter:

See how he dey stroke Man Utd

"In 1997, no Champions League trophy. In 1998, no Champions League trophy. In 1999, there was the incident in Barcelona. In 2000, no Champions League trophy. In 2001, no Champions League trophy...I mean, I could go on."

The treble una win sef, your coach called it an incident. grin grin grin cheesy cheesy cheesy

nihilistjnr diggz well done o. I see una work sending this mole to Man utd

“I'm happy that people were sad that people were frustrated. I mean, I'm really happy with that."

So while we were partying on this thread, jose was here in spirit too.

1 Like

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by ChristineC: 7:01pm On Mar 16, 2018
@funlord
This team can certainly do better. I mean play better football and win trophies. I think the players agree on the end goal, which is winning, but they are not in agreement with the prefered route to that success.

As a fan, i didn't see the need for the defensive shell tactics over both legs against a team like Sevilla, neither did i see any justification throwing in Moroune Fellaini from the off to play hoofball.

Whenever an injured player returns, Jose Mourinho keeps them on the bench first, like Eric Bailly, Luke Shaw, Anthony Martial and even Paul Pogba. This is never the case with the big Fella, he gets in right away and that goes a long way to show the mentality and basic philosophy being followed.

The problem now is, how will the board go about convincing players like Dybala and those of equal calibre that the philosophy will change if this system persist? Remember flair players like Anthony Martial or Alexis Sanchez or Paul Pogba or Juan Mata would rather have the ball at feet than chase it 80% of the time.

Another issue that is becoming a deadly pinch is square pegs in round holes. It should be addressed asap.. I like this manager and i really hope he can finish strongly and have concrete plans to adjust some of these defects.

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by patrickmuf(m): 7:13pm On Mar 16, 2018
ChristineC:
@funlord
This team can certainly do better. I mean play better football and win trophies. I think the players agree on the end goal, which is winning, but they are not in agreement with the prefered route to that success.

As a fan, i didn't see the need for the defensive shell tactics over both legs against a team like Sevilla, neither did i see any justification throwing in Moroune Fellaini from the off to play hoofball.

Whenever an injured player returns, Jose Mourinho keeps them on the bench first, like Eric Bailly, Luke Shaw, Anthony Martial and even Paul Pogba. This is never the case with the big Fella, he gets in right away and that goes a long way to show the mentality and basic philosophy being followed.

The problem now is, how will the board go about convincing players like Dybala and those of equal calibre that the philosophy will change if this system persist? Remember flair players like Anthony Martial or Alexis Sanchez or Paul Pogba or Juan Mata would rather have the ball at feet than chase it 80% of the time.

Another issue that is becoming a deadly pinch is square pegs in round holes. It should be addressed asap.. I like this manager and i really hope he can finish strongly and have concrete plans to adjust some of these defects.
Spot on...
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by funlord(m): 7:13pm On Mar 16, 2018
ChristineC:
@funlord

Exactly! I was also not impressed with the sevilla display and everyone knows how much I detest fellaini! But the fact of the matter is that this team can improve and can definitely ball! I really think the injuries to key players affected our play/confidence this season...I'm hoping the injury and fitness issues as well as getting rid of some of these average _wankers on the clubs books can be sorted out once and for all this summer because the team in pre season as well as the first month of the premier league still exists somewhere! His latest press conference has shown that jose has also reached his boiling point with some careers....he should carry his cross sha
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Lana1(m): 7:57pm On Mar 16, 2018
Leyqute:
Saw this somewhere, don't know how reliable the stat is
Just look at. I bet no one cares how much these guys lose the ball.

But when it concerns United or a United player, everyone go remember where their calculators dey to start counting and calculating shît.
Where were these Sanchez losing possession stats when he was at Arsenal??

First it was how much we spend and our budget. Now its possession lost. What next?? How fast our players run??
Shior!!

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by homesteady(m): 8:25pm On Mar 16, 2018
Melvyn11:

If you think Man City Barca madrid Bayern will all make the
semis, no offense then u started watching football yesterday,.

I see Real Madrid not qualifying sha grin
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by spartacus11(m): 9:25pm On Mar 16, 2018
Eveey united fans should see dis, and tell me whats u take

https://twitter.com/UtdClips/status/974665435051380736?s=19
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by codedguy1(m): 9:26pm On Mar 16, 2018
patrickmuf:
What I don't understand is why the board is renewing their contracts.

I just tire!

Abeg make una explain how we make purchases in united.

1. Is it Mourinho that identifies players that he wants and presents these players to Woodward/board to buy?

2 Is it Woodward/scouts that identify players regardless of what mourinho thinks or wants? Because I remember how one drunken London club always blamed a certain emenalo for bad purchases only grin

3. Or Mourinho provides a list but the board/Woodward edits it and then purchase those they feel are suitable for the team?

Abeg, na learn I wan learn oooo.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Pataki: 9:43pm On Mar 16, 2018
codedguy1:

I just tire!

1. Is it Mourinho that identifies players that he wants and presents these players to Woodward/board to buy?

2 Is it Woodward/scouts that identify players regardless of what mourinho thinks or wants? Because I remember how one drunken London club always blamed a certain emenalo for bad purchases only grin

3. Or Mourinho provides a list but the board/Woodward edits it and then purchase those they feel are suitable for the team?

7 hours ago, you tire. 7 hours later, you still tire. Shay na so your useless club dey frustrate you?

This whole thread is like reading the book of Lamentations. Kilode gan! grin

I thought your useless club won the transfer window? Or is it your money, the board is using to buy dead weight into the manure team?

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Sniper4real(m): 10:13pm On Mar 16, 2018
If van gaal get the players mou get nih, we go love that guy

Gaals problem, he no sabi correct player

What made martial good under gaal, it's because he gets ball a lots, but under mou, we can count how many times our forwards get ball to play with
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by TalabiAudu: 10:17pm On Mar 16, 2018
Sniper4real:
If van gaal get the players mou get nih, we go love that guy

Gaals problem, he no sabi correct player

What made martial good under gaal, it's because he gets ball a lots, but under mou, we can count how many times our forwards get ball to play with

Hian!!!

Come see wetin person talk. Are you sure you are a real Man Utd fan?
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by patrickmuf(m): 10:17pm On Mar 16, 2018
codedguy1:

I just tire!

I am more interested in knowing who was/is behind the spate of contract renewals we are witnessing...Blind, Young, Mata etc Even Fellaini is holding out for an improved deal...We don suffer, if Pep was our manager, Fellaini, Blind, Young, Darmian, Valencia (maybe he would have improved) etc would have been shown the door after last season.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by chrisley024(m): 10:20pm On Mar 16, 2018
spartacus11:
Eveey united fans should see dis, and tell me whats u take

https://twitter.com/UtdClips/status/974665435051380736?s=19
A proud man grabbing at straws
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by raumdeuter: 11:58pm On Mar 16, 2018
Like 2 yrs ago

"I got this job and I know the responsibility and expectations that come with it. I know the history of this club. I know what the fans expect from me. I am not nervous about this challenge. I have shown in the past decade that I can live with big expectations.

"I have never been very good at hiding behind words and philosophies. And I have never tried to do that. I have always been aggressive in my approach, regardless of the risks that come with it.

"It would be easy and pragmatic to point at the last three years. But I am not good at that aspect. I want to be more aggressive, we want to win titles.

"I have to prove things to myself, not to others. That's my nature. I would never be able to work without success. I always ask things of myself and of others, that’s in my nature.

"I could be defensive and point at our results in the past three years, but I cannot do that.

http://www.beinsports.com/us/soccer/news/jose-mourinho-insists-he-wont-use-poor-manche/293255
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by chidexxy007(m): 12:59am On Mar 17, 2018
funlord:
"I am not going to run away or disappear or to cry because I heard a few boos, I'm not going to disappear from the tunnel, running immediately, the next match I will be the first to go out. I am not afraid of my responsibilities.

In the last seven years the worst position of Manchester City in the Premier League was fourth, in the last seven years Manchester City was champions twice and if you want to say three times, they were second twice.

That's heritage. Do you know what is also heritage? Is that Nicolas Otamendi, Kevin De Bruyne, Fernandinho, David Silva, Raheem Sterling, Sergio Aguero, they are investments from the past, not from the last two years, do you know how many of United players that left the club last season? See where they play, how they play, if they play.

That's football heritage. One day when I leave, the next United manager will find here Romelu Lukaku, Nemanja Matic, of course David De Gea from many years ago, they will find players with a different mentality, quality, background, with a different status, know-how.

For some reason you go to the Champions League quarter-final like today and there are four clubs that are always there, always there. Barcelona is always there in the past seven, eight years, Real Madrid, Juventus, Bayern Munich and then of course appear now and again, another club like my Inter, like some other clubs like Monaco last season, but the ones that are always there is for some reason.

The good thing for me and the amazing feeling for me is that I am exactly on the same page as the owners, as Mr [Ed] Woodward, Mr [Richard] Arnold, we are on exactly the same page, we agree on everything, on the investments, that we have what we have, the investments that we are going to do will be season after season, we are exactly on the same page, so life is good.

"I have an amazing job to do. Yesterday I met a new person we have working in the club in a different area that came from another club and I ask why did you decide to come. The person told me I did a fantastic job in another club and at this club I have a huge job and I come for the challenge.

Well done, my decision was based on the same thing, I could be in another country with the league in the pocket, I am here and I am going to be here and no way am I going to change my mentality. I don't know if you know the expression but there is a code that I like, 'Every wall is a door'.

"When I was 20, I was nobody in football, I was somebody's son, with a lot of pride, and now with 55 I am what I am I did what I did because of work and because of talent and my mentality. So they can be together, I understand that for many many, many years was really, really hard for the people who doesn't like me, here he is again, here he wins again. For 10 months I win nothing, the last title that I won was 10 months ago.

"I beat Liverpool, Chelsea, I lose against Sevilla and now is their moment to be happy. I learn that in my religious formation, be happy with others happiness, so be it, I am a really happy guy."

Jose mourinho.......www.skysports.com

Haha, this guy issa Bastard.. such ego, smh
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by raumdeuter: 3:28am On Mar 17, 2018
Part 2 of the interview

http://www.bbc.com/sport/football/43431205?utm_source=&utm_medium=twitter

"What is the difference between round of 16 and quarter final"

"Do you expect me to tell you we have no chance against Sevilla? Just like I cannot tell you that Matic and Lukaku are performing and other players are not"

"We went out to a side that is more succesful than Manchester United in the past 7yrs". We went out to a team in Spanish cup final

"We went out to a team that invest sensibly."

"We went out to a team that play weekly vs Real Madrid, Barcelona, Atletico Madrid Valencia"

"There are several Sevilla players that are better than Manchester United players"

"There are many people who write that are idealists or idioots"

"The fans need to grow up"

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by dmcdad: 4:08am On Mar 17, 2018
raumdeuter:
Part 2 of the interview

"Do you expect me to tell you we have no chance against Sevilla? Just like I cannot tell you that Matic and Lukaku are performing and other players are not"

"We went out to a side that is more succesful than Manchester United in the past 7yrs". We went out to a team in Spanish cup final

"We went out to a team that play weekly vs Real Madrid, Barcelona, Atletico Madrid Valencia"

"There are several Sevilla players that are better than Manchester United players"

Can I get a video link for this? I still wont believe this until I watch the video. smh
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Nobody: 4:53am On Mar 17, 2018
raumdeuter:
Part 2 of the interview

i love it when he gets like this, let him just lose this weekend. It will be catastrophic.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by diggz: 5:10am On Mar 17, 2018
kokaneprodigy:
i love it when he gets like this, let him just lose this weekend. It will be catastrophic.

Amin.....
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by diggz: 5:12am On Mar 17, 2018
raumdeuter:
Part 2 of the interview

Even moanrimhoe now knows that these scumcvnts are cry cry babies..... cheesy cheesy
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by raumdeuter: 5:27am On Mar 17, 2018
dmcdad:

Can I get a video link for this? I still wont believe this until I watch the video. smh

The video is in the post you quoted

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by nitrogen(m): 6:03am On Mar 17, 2018
Wow!

I don't even know what to say. This guy has totally lost it, he has ridiculed the players he bought/extended their contracts, ridiculed the board that gave him over 300m in two years to buy players, ridiculed Man Utd' s tradition and history, ridiculed the fans ........ Fvck!

How can someone be this proud and arrogant? Who the fvck does he think he is? Because he won Europa league and Carling cup last season or what?

Wow! If the board don't sack this modafuka, then they are toothless. Because I don't see Mourinho getting away with such stup1d comments at Real or even Chelsea!
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Oasis007(m): 6:15am On Mar 17, 2018
raumdeuter:
Part 2 of the interview

grin

Cc Funlord
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Nobody: 6:53am On Mar 17, 2018
Scummies Mou just said Sevilla has more experience in Europe than ur shitty club.
He also said they have better players than ur noise making club.
Let me add that He subtly implied that Pogba and Sanchez ain’t quality and only Matic and Lukaku are.
Good morning scummies

4 Likes

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Oasis007(m): 7:02am On Mar 17, 2018
“I say to the fans that the fans are the fans and the fans have the right to have their opinions and to have their reactions. But there is something that I used to call ‘football heritage’.

"I try to translate from my Portuguese, which is almost perfect to my English that is far from perfect, but translation word by word is something like ‘football heritage’ and what a manager inherits is something like the last time Manchester United reached the Champions League final, which didn’t happen a lot of times, was in 2011. Since 2011, the club went out of the group stage in 2012.

"The group was almost the same group as we had this season - Benfica, Basel and Otelul Galati from Romania. Out in the group phase. In 2013, out at Old Trafford in the last 16 and I was on the other bench [with Real Madrid]. In 2014, out in the quarter-final [against Bayern Munich]. In 2015, no European football.

"In 2016, comes back to European football, out in the group phase, goes to Europa League, and in the second knockout, out of Europa League. In 2017, play Europa League, win Europa League with me and goes back to Champions League. In 2018, win the group phase with 15 points out of a possible 18 and loses at home in the last 16.”

- JOSE MOURINHO

grin

This Niggä don finish us walahi! His Ego and stubbornness have no limit.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by funlord(m): 7:06am On Mar 17, 2018
Oasis007:

grin

Cc Funlord

What has that part of the quote got to do with me sir? Or you guys now want to create a new lie and say "after all funlord has claimed sevilla is bigger than united so it was okay to go out to them in the UCL?"

Please explain? No be quarrel......
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by KevinDein: 7:07am On Mar 17, 2018
kokaneprodigy:
Scummies Mou just said Sevilla has more experience in Europe than ur shitty club.
He also said they have better players than ur noise making club.
Let me add that He subtly implied that Pogba and Sanchez ain’t quality and only Matic and Lukaku are.
Good morning scummies
LMAO

Nzonzi and Baneger (both cost less than 20 million pounds) bossed the Man Utd midfield for 180 minutes.
Man Utd is more like a rich man's West Brom and we are loving it grin
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Nobody: 7:11am On Mar 17, 2018
KevinDein:

LMAO

Nzonzi and Baneger (both cost less than 20 million pounds) bossed the Man Utd midfield for 180 minutes.
Man Utd is more like a rich man's West Brom and we are loving it grin
he even said a lot of Sevilla players would make his team despite all the money tossed around.

O boi, scummies u got served!!
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Oasis007(m): 7:37am On Mar 17, 2018
funlord:

What has that part of the quote got to do with me sir? Or you guys now want to create a new lie and say "after all funlord has claimed sevilla is bigger than united so it was okay to go out to them in the UCL?"

Please explain? No be quarrel......

grin

It actually has nothing to do with you, rather the Manager you are defending. Yesterday you posted Mou's Statement and called on the Wailers to reflect on it, thus I called your Attention to the Post simply to tell you Mou is unapologetic Twit.

2 Likes

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by 10Dove(m): 7:44am On Mar 17, 2018
Apart from his stint at madrid where he nearly dragged the image of the club to the mud if not for the timely intervention of Flo P, he is certainly headed to same direction here.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by funlord(m): 7:51am On Mar 17, 2018
Oasis007:

grin

It actually has nothing to do with you, rather the Manager you are defending. Yesterday you posted Mou's Statement and called on the Wailers to reflect on it, thus I called your Attention to the Post simply to tell you Mou is unapologetic Twit.

The man has clearly pointed out that he is not changing for nobody! He said it in public not in his bathroom so that even his employers and the players can hear him loud and clear...is it not time to let him get on with his job and let us see what comes next? Or should we replace arsenal or chelsea in their respective positions so that some people Can be happy? Now it is to be finding trolling stories with rivals that is all the rage? Not even discussing the way forward? Or our next game? Chimo..

1 Like 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) ... (5374) (5375) (5376) (5377) (5378) (5379) (5380) ... (14147) (Reply)

Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021

Viewing this topic: chrisley024(m) and 6 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 81
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.