Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,193,920 members, 7,952,699 topics. Date: Wednesday, 18 September 2024 at 09:37 PM

Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion - European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) (5378) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) / Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion (9153231 Views)

Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 / Manchester United Fan Thread: Premier League Champions 2010/11 / Manchester United Fan thread: Forever Reds (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5375) (5376) (5377) (5378) (5379) (5380) (5381) ... (14372) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Oasis007(m): 8:22am On Mar 17, 2018
funlord:

The man has clearly pointed out that he is not changing for nobody! He said it in public not in his bathroom so that even his employers and the players can hear him loud and clear...is it not time to let him get on with his job and let us see what comes next? Or should we replace arsenal or chelsea in their respective positions so that some people Can be happy? Now it is to be finding trolling stories with rivals that is all the rage? Not even discussing the way forward? Or our next game? Chimo..

grin

Yeah..... he has made it clear he won't change his Philosophy and Mentality, but are the Fans happy with it?! Or are the Fans asking for too much?! We are only asking him to give us an attacking, fearful and formidable Team.

Football is more than winning Trophies, it's also a mean of entertaining the Fans. Barca is winning Trophies with entertaining Football. Man City will win the League this Year with entertaining Football as well.

Despite the boring philosophy of LVG, United won FA Cup, but are the Fans satisfied?! NO! Mou needs to consider the Fans as well.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Melvyn11: 8:59am On Mar 17, 2018
homesteady:

I see Real Madrid not qualifying sha grin
I see one Italian team reaching the semi final and its not juventus. tongue
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by SIRcumalot: 9:01am On Mar 17, 2018
Weirdly,my issue with Jose na him player recruitment.
Did we just buy Sanchez to thumb our nose at City and to prove that we can spend too ?

And the pogba debate don tire me.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Melvyn11: 9:06am On Mar 17, 2018
raumdeuter Thoughts on Ben yedder knocking Bayern out. cheesy
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Fussbot: 9:18am On Mar 17, 2018
Mourinho's comments hurt more than the loss itself. First was the stupid facts and now, some heritage shi. Dude, you were hired to make things better.. Wtf is all this history?
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by codedguy1(m): 9:18am On Mar 17, 2018
patrickmuf:
I am more interested in knowing who was/is behind the spate of contract renewals we are witnessing...Blind, Young, Mata etc Even Fellaini is holding out for an improved deal...We don suffer, if Pep was our manager, Fellaini, Blind, Young, Darmian, Valencia (maybe he would have improved) etc would have been shown the door after last season.

Guy na the same thing I dey ask. Make we even know who dey identify players and who they sanction renewal of these average players contract.

Average players for me is not even the problem, the problem is that its like these guys are not ready to fight for anything on the pitch and the manager is solely responsible for that as far as am concerned.

funlord:

The man has clearly pointed out that he is not changing for nobody! He said it in public not in his bathroom so that even his employers and the players can hear him loud and clear...is it not time to let him get on with his job and let us see what comes next? Or should we replace arsenal or chelsea in their respective positions so that some people Can be happy? Now it is to be finding trolling stories with rivals that is all the rage? Not even discussing the way forward? Or our next game? Chimo..

If he ain't gonna change this lackadaisical tepid non chalant conservation defensive masterclass we only attack when we gone a goal down style that the fans especially Dont like then I Dont think he should be allowed to get on with any job at OT.

And If he ain't gonna change his ways then the way forward is going to be more frustrations couple with his rather sour utterances.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by funlord(m): 9:30am On Mar 17, 2018
codedguy1:

Guy na the same thing I dey ask. Make we even know who dey identify players and who they sanction renewal of these average players contract.

Average players for me is not even the problem, the problem is that its like these guys are not ready to fight for anything on the pitch and the manager is solely responsible for that as far as am concerned.

If he ain't gonna change this lackadaisical tepid non chalant conservation defensive masterclass we only attack when we gone a goal down style that the fans especially Dont like then I Dont think he should be allowed to get on with any job at OT.

And If he ain't gonna change his ways then the way forward is going to be more frustrations couple with his rather sour utterances.

Did you also feel this way at the start of the season? When we were impaling teams for fun? Or when we were making love to both chelshite and liverpool recently? Don't madrid, barca or even man city also go a goal down in games? I'm still waiting for someone to tell me if all the things he listed out in that press conference were lies! So if he listed out clear evidence of both the teams progress in europe and the league due to his input why else do you think he is going to get sacked by the board? For going a goal down?

Mourinho full ground oh! We can't change nada for now! You better begin to tell me how lukaku go take penetrate Brighton today instead of this "no woman no cry remix" wey you wan drop for my ear this early morning.. grin
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by dmcdad: 9:31am On Mar 17, 2018
raumdeuter:

The video is in the post you quoted

http://www.bbc.com/sport/football/43431205?utm_source=&utm_medium=twitter
Yeah I saw it. Thanks. I didn't take cognizance of it at first.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by funlord(m): 9:32am On Mar 17, 2018
Dopejemi? Dem seize your phone abi dem dey threaten you for what's app? Which wan be all this guest wey you dey form?

ChristineC dey with us...capitalcee sef full ground....i know say you be jose4life so you better come add your 2 cents to this whole debacle.... cheesy
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Nobody: 9:37am On Mar 17, 2018
These days we have more guests than monikers viewing this thread. grin cheesy

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by patrickmuf(m): 9:42am On Mar 17, 2018
codedguy1:

I don't think any other coach has had close to the level of support Mourinho has received since Fergie left, the fans have been on his side just as the board and players have stood by him.
All we are asking for right now is that the football on display should match the investment and obvious quality in our ranks, we have the players to go out and play sound attacking football whilst still being defensively sound so I don't understand those who talk as if Mourinho has not gotten enough support.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Skimpledawg(m): 10:18am On Mar 17, 2018
Leads opening prayers... Changes tune....*Plays chorus*

Oh the wails, oh the wails kiss kiss

Then sings my soul my saviour God to me
How great thou art
How great thou art
Then sings my soul my Saviour God to me
How great thou art, how great thou art.... *draws strings*

Be in spirit guys... The fellowship has started.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Skimpledawg(m): 10:21am On Mar 17, 2018
kokaneprodigy:
These days we have more guests than monikers viewing this thread. grin cheesy
Can we join hands together and pray for a loss for the scummies today?

Cmon, say yes! grin

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by codedguy1(m): 10:24am On Mar 17, 2018
funlord:

Did you also feel this way at the start of the season? When we were impaling teams for fun? Or when we were making love to both chelshite and liverpool recently? Don't madrid, barca or even man city also go a goal down in games? I'm still waiting for someone to tell me if all the things he listed out in that press conference were lies! So if he listed out clear evidence of both the teams progress in europe and the league due to his input why else do you think he is going to get sacked by the board? For going a goal down?

Mourinho full ground oh! We can't change nada for now! You better begin to tell me how lukaku go take penetrate Brighton today instead of this "no woman no cry remix" wey you wan drop for my ear this early morning.. grin

Yes i did!

I have said that fans should support any coach that the club decides to hire. what this means is that every coach should be given a chance to show what he can bring to the table. we gave Moyes and LVG their chances and when it looked like it was not going to work the club decided to do away with them. Let me also say that our feelings here are really not different from the season ticket fans at OT, They have more stake than we here on nairaland. i am not one of those fans that were already calling Mourinho a failure even before he took the job, some people just hate the guy because he is Mourinho and will hide when we win a game only to come out to gloat when we lose a game.

it is quite hard to berate a coach who is winning and yes at the beginning of the season Mourinho was winning and we were happy but some of us still had reservations about our play but still needed to give time because it was early. My guy, this is where the "real fan, fake fan" thing started from because as at October after watching Mourinho for about 2-3months some of us felt something was wrong even while we were still winning.

Those that supported Mourinho claimed we were winning, Its just 2points gap with city, we were 2nd and why should a group of fake fans complain when mourinho was getting the job done. Before our very eyes 2points is now 16 or 17points although we are still 2nd grin

Yes, the Barcas and Madrid and city go a goal down and even lose games but you can never catch them being uninterested lackadaisical and nonchalant only to wake up and become alive after going a goal down, in fact whenever they go a goal down or lose credit needs to be given to the opposing team to have really worked for it.

Finally, if Mourinho has said he would not change the way he approaches games and still insist on serving us this nonsense i believe he should go. if something has been working for you for so long and have not noticed that he should somehow evolve the style or tweek something to make it more effective then he is a bloody dinosaur.

His recent utterances is another thing entirely! i cant fit shout.

As per the Brighton match, he should just make sure he wins grin

6 Likes

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by dopeJemi: 10:39am On Mar 17, 2018
funlord:

Dopejemi? Dem seize your phone abi dem dey threaten you for what's app? Which wan be all this guest wey you dey form?

ChristineC dey with us...capitalcee sef full ground....i know say you be jose4life so you better come add your 2 cents to this whole debacle.... cheesy

Lol, omo I don decamp from that camp since last year oh, I Don decide to dey neutral for Mourinho matter when e come to him defensive approach for 95% of our games, for the first time in a long while, I am uninterested
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by patrickmuf(m): 10:41am On Mar 17, 2018
Even when we were winning, some of us had reservations, we saw beyond the flattering score lines, I can vividly remember the game against Everton where even though we won 4 vs 0, it was more flattering a score line than an actual representation of the game of football we saw. I think it's around this time that Lana1 or some other poster here drew the attention of a vast majority of the posters here to the failings of Mkhitaryan who was only good at stat padding.
At some point, I had a debate here with one of us and I pointed out that our style of play isn't gonna fetch us the title but those who think they love the club or the coach more than others quickly jumped in with Mourinho's records and our position on the log even when it was clear Man City was beginning to leave us behind.
Times have changed, Mourinho's conservative methods might have brought him success in the past but he must make adjustments to stay relevant and stay winning, you look at our supposed contemporaries, and ask, will Fellaini or Lingard or Smalling or Young start for any of them? The obvious answer is no especially when you look at our options on the bench and see Shaw, Mata, Martial, McTonimay etc.
At this point, winning the FA cup doesn't make up for an otherwise average season by our standard, with the players at Mourinho's disposal he should be doing much better with the right formation and team selection.

1 Like

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Skimpledawg(m): 10:50am On Mar 17, 2018
patrickmuf:
Even when we were winning, some of us had reservations, we saw beyond the flattering score lines, I can vividly remember the game against Everton where even though we won 4 vs 0, it was more flattering a score line than an actual representation of the game of football we saw. I think it's around this time that Lana1 or some other poster here drew the attention of a vast majority of the posters here to the failings of Mkhitaryan who was only good at stat padding.
At some point, I had a debate here with one of us and I pointed out that our style of play isn't gonna fetch us the title but those who think they love the club or the coach more than others quickly jumped in with Mourinho's records and our position on the log even when it was clear Man City was beginning to leave us behind.
Times have changed, Mourinho's conservative methods might have brought him success in the past but he must make adjustments to stay relevant and stay winning, you look at our supposed contemporaries, and ask, will Fellaini or Lingard or Smalling or Young start for any of them? The obvious answer is no especially when you look at our options on the bench and see Shaw, Mata, Martial, McTonimay etc.
At this point, winning the FA cup doesn't make up for an otherwise average season by our standard, with the players at Mourinho's disposal he should be doing much better with the right formation and team selection.
Deluded scummies...! grin

Who says you will win the FA cup? cheesy

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by dopeJemi: 10:50am On Mar 17, 2018
I sure say I go dey cinema dey watch either gringo or black panther for that Brighton game, I no wan vex abeg, e better make I dey chop popcorn under AC
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by chrisley024(m): 11:05am On Mar 17, 2018
Seriously, this man's CL post match comments hurt more than the loss angry
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by MandemMillyrock: 11:10am On Mar 17, 2018
One of the many mistakes of mourinho is trying too hard to get Sanchez in the thick of things. He keeps trying to maximize Sanchez's contribution to the detriment of other players like martial, rashford and probably even pogba.
When he should have really just allowed him fit in somehow with what we already had going.
Now it is everyone else trying to fit in to a system that accommodates him.

Stick Sanchez out there on the right and let him contribute whatever he can as he continues to gel in with the others in a 433 or play him centrally in a 4231.

Whatever happens martial or rash on the right should be a no no.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by diggz: 11:22am On Mar 17, 2018
chrisley024:
Seriously, this man's CL post match comments hurt more than the loss angry

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fwoOzGqjxDI

Skimpledawg:

Deluded scummies...! grin

Who says you will win the FA cup? cheesy

These scumcvnts needs the rain gaan..... cheesy cheesy cheesy
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by ollah2: 11:26am On Mar 17, 2018
Fussbot:
Mourinho's comments hurt more than the loss itself. First was the stupid facts and now, some heritage shi. Dude, you were hired to make things better.. Wtf is all this history?

You don't understand what he meant fully. He meant that Man u god and lord Sir Fergie was defeated by him twice at old Trafford with Porto and Real Madrid. If he fergie could be defeated at home twice and the fans didn't break his head why would they try to break his? He on got defeated ONCE. He is toying with their brains. He is boss of that
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Skimpledawg(m): 11:51am On Mar 17, 2018
diggz:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fwoOzGqjxDI

These scumcvnts needs the rain gaan..... cheesy cheesy cheesy
Hahhahhahah

I swear, I missed Uncle Majek...send down the rain.

We don enter praise and worship session already? grin
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Skimpledawg(m): 12:09pm On Mar 17, 2018
larride:

Pastor skimple, don't let me send thunderbolts from Zeus himself your way.

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by CapitalCee(m): 12:19pm On Mar 17, 2018
funlord:

Now I am a spectator. I will remain so henceforth , while I remain a fan
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by diggz: 12:24pm On Mar 17, 2018
Skimpledawg:

Hahhahhahah

I swear, I missed Uncle Majek...send down the rain.

We don enter praise and worship session already? grin

You no see important somtin wey kokane point out ni?
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Nobody: 12:24pm On Mar 17, 2018
ollah2:

You don't understand what he meant fully. He meant that Man u god and lord Sir Fergie was defeated by him twice at old Trafford with Porto and Real Madrid. If he fergie could be defeated at home twice and the fans didn't break his head why would they try to break his? He on got defeated ONCE. He is toying with their brains. He is boss of that
he also said contrary to what scummies want us to believe. Yawnited does not have any spectacular heritage. That Real,Barca, City and even Sevilla have a greater heritage than Yawnited he even backed this up with credible stats.

Ashiritù
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by funlord(m): 12:37pm On Mar 17, 2018
CapitalCee:

Now I am a spectator. I will remain so henceforth , while I remain a fan

No wahala! Anyway let me use this photo to convey the true meaning of this your post cheesy

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by sinizia: 12:59pm On Mar 17, 2018
codedguy1:

Yes i did!

I have said that fans should support any coach that the club decides to hire. what this means is that every coach should be given a chance to show what he can bring to the table. we gave Moyes and LVG their chances and when it looked like it was not going to work the club decided to do away with them. Let me also say that our feelings here are really not different from the season ticket fans at OT, They have more stake than we here on nairaland. i am not one of those fans that were already calling Mourinho a failure even before he took the job, some people just hate the guy because he is Mourinho and will hide when we win a game only to come out to gloat when we lose a game.

it is quite hard to berate a coach who is winning and yes at the beginning of the season Mourinho was winning and we were happy but some of us still had reservations about our play but still needed to give time because it was early. My guy, this is where the "real fan, fake fan" thing started from because as at October after watching Mourinho for about 2-3months some of us felt something was wrong even while we were still winning.

Those that supported Mourinho claimed we were winning, Its just 2points gap with city, we were 2nd and why should a group of fake fans complain when mourinho was getting the job done. Before our very eyes 2points is now 16 or 17points although we are still 2nd grin

Yes, the Barcas and Madrid and city go a goal down and even lose games but you can never catch them being uninterested lackadaisical and nonchalant only to wake up and become alive after going a goal down, in fact whenever they go a goal down or lose credit needs to be given to the opposing team to have really worked for it.

Finally, if Mourinho has said he would not change the way he approaches games and still insist on serving us this nonsense i believe he should go. if something has been working for you for so long and have not noticed that he should somehow evolve the style or tweek something to make it more effective then he is a bloody dinosaur.

His recent utterances is another thing entirely! i cant fit shout.

As per the Brighton match, he should just make sure he wins grin

Locate any bar on your area, drink as much as you want, I'll settle the bill. grin

Perfect post.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by sinizia: 1:07pm On Mar 17, 2018
SIRcumalot:
Weirdly,my issue with Jose na him player recruitment.
Did we just buy Sanchez to thumb our nose at City and to prove that we can spend too ?

And the pogba debate don tire me.

Take it from me, Sanchez will come good. Quote me in future to either make me eat my words or see that I'm right.

It's not working out at the moment, but I want Mourinho to keep playing him because just like when Ukaku was being criticised, you can't deny the general effort he was putting in. I'm someone that likes it when player continues working hard for the team even if things are not working out for him. Sanchez is a fighter, and I believe he will turn it around. Vidic and Evra didn't start brightly, but look at how their careers turned out for us.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by sinizia: 1:15pm On Mar 17, 2018
Mourinho makes hard for me to like hin sometimes. I mean, of what use is renewing Young's contract? Blind nko? These are wastemen we should be discarding not keeping around.

Young is no LB and while he might play well in a defensive line-up where he's told to defend and not attack, if we're looking forward to attack, Young is not that guy. If Mourinho goes into next season with Young without buying a quality LB, he will have the same average season as he did this season. We need young to leave and get another LB to compete with Shaw. We need a RB with Val already old and getting weak. The RW is the most glaring weak point in our attack and it killed us against Sevilla as well when Mourinho played Rashford there and it didn't work out. If Mourinho ignores the RW and LB next season, then he's stupid and should be sacked.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by diggz: 1:16pm On Mar 17, 2018
sinizia:

Locate any bar on your area, drink as much as you , I'll settle the bill. grin

Perfect post.

Chaiii....my gawd of wonders.... cheesy cheesy Seeing so many tears and epistles here...makes me want to forgive my able agent....moanrimhoe grin

(1) (2) (3) ... (5375) (5376) (5377) (5378) (5379) (5380) (5381) ... (14372) (Reply)

Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021

Viewing this topic: MRTA7

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 79
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.