Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,779 members, 7,831,505 topics. Date: Friday, 17 May 2024 at 07:55 PM

Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion - European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) (5386) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) / Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion (8777135 Views)

Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 / Manchester United Fan Thread: Premier League Champions 2010/11 / Manchester United Fan thread: Forever Reds (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5383) (5384) (5385) (5386) (5387) (5388) (5389) ... (14175) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by elampiro(m): 11:22pm On Mar 17, 2018
raumdeuter:

www.nairaland.com/attachments/6844535_lukakuu_png74e6ca39ab1e8bdb1cd5e20a67563894

That is Lukaku showing on Man Utd goal line, Did he use the ball on Man Utd goal line today?

He headed away today from a set play.

Heat Maps

Action Heat map – displays the areas of the pitch where on-ball events most frequently happen. Action Areas – Highlights where on-ball events happen on the pitch according to Squawka’s 13 action areas.

Read more at http://www.squawka.com/football-stats-definitions

Opta same same definition for heat map, but I can't get the link now.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by raumdeuter: 11:22pm On Mar 17, 2018
elampiro:

Have they not scored the same number of goals? One plays for a big team and another for a small team. Both play far from goal.

How many penalties have Vaardy scored and how many has Lukaku scored?
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by raumdeuter: 11:23pm On Mar 17, 2018
elampiro:

He headed away today from a set play.

Heat Maps

Action Heat map – displays the areas of the pitch where on-ball events most frequently happen. Action Areas – Highlights where on-ball events happen on the pitch according to Squawka’s 13 action areas.

Read more at http://www.squawka.com/football-stats-definitions

Opta same same definition for heat map, but I can't get the link now.

Are you saying if for example a player is on the field but did not touch the ball, he would not have a heat map?
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by elampiro(m): 11:25pm On Mar 17, 2018
eph12:
elampiro everybody knows Lukaku does not have Salah's speed or footwork. It was not there before, so it's not the case of if he has lost it. He has his strengths which would have been more pronounced if the team has been attacking well. He has been doing very well and he has shown great desire to be better.

Firmino is the striker in that team, with all the attacking tactics, he does not have more goals or assists than Lukaku.

The Firmino's example is the reason you guys should not have argued that Lukaku would have scored same goals as Salah, Kane and Aguero if he played in same attacking set up.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by elampiro(m): 11:27pm On Mar 17, 2018
raumdeuter:

Are you saying if for example a player is on the field but did not touch the ball, he would not have a heat map?

I guess that is the case from the definition given.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by patrickmuf(m): 11:28pm On Mar 17, 2018
raumdeuter:

Heat map is the position a player takes up during a match.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by elampiro(m): 11:31pm On Mar 17, 2018
patrickmuf:

That is not opta's definition. I saw it before but cant get the link. It is just like Sqwuaka. It indicates where a player used the ball most in a match.

That was the definition.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by raumdeuter: 11:32pm On Mar 17, 2018
elampiro:

The Firmino's example is the reason you guys should not have argued that Lukaku would have scored same goals as Salah, Kane and Aguero if he played in same attacking set up.

Firmino is not as good as Lukaku and he isnt even close but he is having good numbers because Klopp plays them in an attacking set up

Bring the 3 attackers Salah Firmino and Mane to Man Utd to play under Mourinho and see if they will score that much

Now take Martial Sanchez and Lukaku to Klopp and see if they wont score more than that

6 Likes

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by eph12(m): 11:32pm On Mar 17, 2018
elampiro:

That argument is valid because he had a very good scoring record before he joined this team
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by raumdeuter: 11:35pm On Mar 17, 2018
elampiro:
Vardy has same number of goals as Lukaku

So why is Vardy not scoring like Salah since you want Lukaku to score and dribble like Salah?

Can Vardy dribble and score like Salah too?
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by eph12(m): 11:36pm On Mar 17, 2018
elampiro:

I don't know about same goals but he will be around the 20 goals mark by now
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by raumdeuter: 11:36pm On Mar 17, 2018
elampiro:

That is not opta's definition. I saw it before but cant get the link. It is just like Sqwuaka. It indicates where a player used the ball most in a match.

That was the definition.

Heat maps have quickly become one of the most fascinating and vital pieces of information in football analytics.

Tracking a player’s movement throughout games is easy enough to do with television cameras but when you see where he has actually been on the pitch throughout the course of 90 minutes, it can tell a whole different story

Read more at http://www.squawka.com/news/do-you-know-who-these-heat-maps-belong-to/662052#mDZ5oPz8vhTesKKy.99

Heatmap is where the player has ACTUALLY BEEN on the pitch not where he touched the ball
Some players might touch the ball twice or zero times but they will still have heat maps showing where there average position has been

3 Likes

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by elampiro(m): 11:37pm On Mar 17, 2018
Look at the minutes per goal. Even a certain guy from Brighton is doing better than Lukaku

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by raumdeuter: 11:37pm On Mar 17, 2018
patrickmuf:

Thats what I believe too
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by BushWickBill: 11:37pm On Mar 17, 2018
Skimpledawg:
Chai, Chai... Even epa elamps wants to turn amala.

Who hath done this to Uncle elamps
Have you had your Hero today?

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by elampiro(m): 11:38pm On Mar 17, 2018
raumdeuter:

Heat maps have quickly become one of the most fascinating and vital pieces of information in football analytics.

Tracking a player’s movement throughout games is easy enough to do with television cameras but when you see where he has actually been on the pitch throughout the course of 90 minutes, it can tell a whole different story

Read more at http://www.squawka.com/news/do-you-know-who-these-heat-maps-belong-to/662052#mDZ5oPz8vhTesKKy.99

Heatmap is where the player has ACTUALLY BEEN on the pitch not where he touched the ball
Some players might touch the ball twice or zero times but they will still have heat maps showing where there average position has been

You are wrong. That is not the definition
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by raumdeuter: 11:38pm On Mar 17, 2018
elampiro:
Look at the minutes per goal. Even a certain guy from Brighton is doing better than Lukaku

That player is Glen Murray and he has scored 4 penalties which will improve your minute per goal

5 Likes

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by raumdeuter: 11:39pm On Mar 17, 2018
elampiro:

You are wrong. That is not the definition

That is from squaawka site maybe squawka is wrong then

3 Likes

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by patrickmuf(m): 11:42pm On Mar 17, 2018
elampiro:

That was the definition.
You are right.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by elampiro(m): 11:42pm On Mar 17, 2018
raumdeuter:

That is from squaawka site maybe squawka is wrong then

I have given you a complete list of Sqwuaka events definition, but you went to pull out an article where they might not pay attention to terms used. Check the link I gave you
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by elampiro(m): 11:43pm On Mar 17, 2018

The most straightforward answer comes from data provider Opta themselves.

The Opta heat map shows the location of a player’s ball touches on the pitch. The more intense the color, the greater the number of touches the player had in that area of the pitch

For these heat maps, color intensity goes from blue (few touches of the ball) to red (many touches of the ball).
https://www.google.com.ng/amp/s/www.indomitablecitysoccer.com/platform/amp/2017/4/5/15184328/what-opta-heatmaps-do-not-tell-us-about-republics-4-0-win-over-ocsc-analysis

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by eph12(m): 11:44pm On Mar 17, 2018
elampiro:
Is there by chance any penalty there?
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by eph12(m): 11:46pm On Mar 17, 2018
elampiro:

The most straightforward answer comes from data provider Opta themselves.

The Opta heat map shows the location of a player’s ball touches on the pitch. The more intense the color, the greater the number of touches the player had in that area of the pitch

For these heat maps, color intensity goes from blue (few touches of the ball) to red (many touches of the ball).
https://www.google.com.ng/amp/s/www.indomitablecitysoccer.com/platform/amp/2017/4/5/15184328/what-opta-heatmaps-do-not-tell-us-about-republics-4-0-win-over-ocsc-analysis

Key word there: opta heat map
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by elampiro(m): 11:51pm On Mar 17, 2018
eph12:

Key word there: opta heat map

And opta is the standard for football stats. The heatmap Raumdeuter displayed were sourced from opta by whoscored.

Also squawka has same definition as opta
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by elampiro(m): 11:52pm On Mar 17, 2018
eph12:

Is there by chance any penalty there?

I don't know, but are penalties not goals? No be who sabi play ball dem dey give penalty? You don ever see where dem minus penalties from Ronaldo goals?
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by raumdeuter: 12:02am On Mar 18, 2018
elampiro:

I don't know, but are penalties not goals? No be who sabi play ball dem dey give penalty? You don ever see where dem minus penalties from Ronaldo goals?

Scoring penalties is not a sign of a players sharpness in front of goal. No team will go sign a player because he can play penalties

Milijovevic of Crystal Palace has scored 6 penalties, if you are looking for a goal scorer will you go and sign him?

6 Likes

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Oasis007(m): 12:03am On Mar 18, 2018
"When I spend two days on faster building up with the ball arriving earlier in between the lines in attacking areas and that depends on qualities and decisions by defenders in possession, but also depends on movement from attacking players.

"When I have spent two days working on this and I arrive here and have attacking players were hiding behind the defenders and not wanting the ball and defenders playing just square passes and taking 10,12 passes to go from one line to another line. I have to feel frustrated.

"As a coach the biggest frustration is not the result, because some time that can happen. The biggest frustration for me is when I work on the pitch and I see contradictions in the match."

- JOSE MOURINHO

2 Likes

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Oasis007(m): 12:05am On Mar 18, 2018
"I didn’t like the game, I think we deserved to win because the game was more or less in control for the majority of the time. We scored two goals and they didn’t score, we were in control for the majority of the time, and we clearly deserved.

"We didn’t play the way I wanted to play, I didn’t have the reaction from all of them. I had the reaction from some of them. And because some of them were mentally strong enough and with football quality to play that was the reason why we won.

"A team of XI when you don’t have a minimum of six or seven players wanting to play and wanting to have the responsibility of having the ball and the desire to play.

"Because one thing is to play and it’s another thing to be on the pitch. It’s difficult to have a good performance, so no, I’m not happy with the performance at all, but I'm happy with the result."

- JOSE MOURINHO
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by eph12(m): 12:06am On Mar 18, 2018
elampiro:

No dey fall my hands abeg. When Van P came to Old Trafford he took over penalty duties from Rooney. But as you don talk Rooney no sabi ball na why

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Oasis007(m): 12:09am On Mar 18, 2018
"Statistics are fake, sometimes teams have 10 shots and eight of them go to the stands and one goes in goal but is an easy shot to save. So for me statistics don’t mean a lot.

"What is important to me is that we prepare the team to be more aggressive to attack the last line much more and play in between the lines much more.

"And that connection between defenders in possession and attacking players wanting the ball, and having the right movement to get the ball. "That connection didn’t work."

- JOSE MOURINHO
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Oasis007(m): 12:13am On Mar 18, 2018
"It was a decision of one player [Luke Shaw] for another player [Ashley Young] in the same position. I wanted to defend better, I want my defensive line to be more solid in relation to a few, not many.

"But a few offensive movements they made from the sides and I want more personality in the team because many many times I felt that Matic was an island of personality of desire and control surrounded not by water but lack of personality, lack of class and lack of desire.

"I have to say that for example McTominay lost more passes today than in all the matches he played together. But he was a Manchester United player and for me that means when he plays bad he gives to the team, that’s a question of personality.

"That’s a Manchester United player for me. A Manchester United player is one that has quality and personality and is consistent on that. But when you play bad, and when you’re a footballer you can play bad, you must have that personality which a kid of 20-years-old does have. And some of the others didn’t have."

- JOSE MOURINHO
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by raumdeuter: 1:39am On Mar 18, 2018

(1) (2) (3) ... (5383) (5384) (5385) (5386) (5387) (5388) (5389) ... (14175) (Reply)

Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021

Viewing this topic: Roland17(m), CallTheCops(m) and 2 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 54
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.