Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,195 members, 7,822,037 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 03:22 AM

Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion - European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) (5518) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) / Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion (8753051 Views)

Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 / Manchester United Fan Thread: Premier League Champions 2010/11 / Manchester United Fan thread: Forever Reds (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5515) (5516) (5517) (5518) (5519) (5520) (5521) ... (14158) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by larride(m): 4:24pm On Apr 25, 2018
Take a sit gentlemen. Our in house wailer is here to entertain us.
This is going to be interesting.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by patrickmuf(m): 4:25pm On Apr 25, 2018
larride:

The point here is 'IF'... Without winning the CL, this season is just like one of those season for Liverpool, all puff puff and nothing to show for it. If Liverpool finishing third isn't failure, then why should Mou finishing second been seen as a failure. You guys are forgetting that City had an unbelievable season, they did everything right this season and are well deserved champions.

Even under the great SAF, we failed to qualify from a group that has opponent that are weaker than Sevilla. Let Liverpool win the CL first and we can talk about that.

As Roma dump out Barcelona.
Till then...However, with the investment in our squad, we should be doing better and challenging our contemporaries for the UCL.

1 Like

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by larride(m): 4:28pm On Apr 25, 2018
Leyqute:

Liverpool first leg, both City matches, recent Crystal Palace game?

Mourinho's idea of dominating games seems different from many people's. Dominating games to him means playing without the ball, it seems.

I've seen him say, at post-matxh interviews, that we were in control of a game when we played for significant intervals in that game without the ball.

That's 4 games out of more than 40 matches, what about the other matches? You are not going to add Southampton, Newcastle, West Brom, Burnley, Huddersfield, Leicester, Stoke?

You watch all our match this season and you could say it with a straight face that we are a reactive team? We don't set out to win, we just go look and applaude other teams as they play until we go a game down.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by larride(m): 4:35pm On Apr 25, 2018
patrickmuf:
Till then...However, with the investment in our squad, we should be doing better and challenging our contemporaries for the UCL.

It depends on how you want to look at it, we could have done so much more this season but due to inconsistency from the manager down to the players, we are where we are right now but that being said, there's no touching City this season, they are well above everyone, for all Klopp exciting football and what not, they are 21pts behind City while playing a game more. Put that into perspective and you will see that this season is all on City, they were far better than everyone, as at today, we are the second best team in the league, not Klopp Liverpool.

We have been poor in the CL for quite some time, we will get there hopefully. I have hope in the manager to take us to the level we all desire which is the top, If we are willing to give other coach time, then we have to give Mou also.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Leyqute(m): 4:36pm On Apr 25, 2018
chrisley024:
It's possible bro and maybe the reason he doesn't care with pressing and having the ball to dominate games. Even sometimes they've had it, they looked confused on how to use it.

I'm only stating my observations bro. I know it's possible for a team to dominate and win a high percentage of their games.

The thing is Mou "dominates" without the ball and LvG "defends" with the ball.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by larride(m): 4:38pm On Apr 25, 2018
Leyqute:

I'm only stating my observations bro. I know it's possible for a team to dominate and win a high percentage of their games.

The thing is Mou "dominates" without the ball and LvG "defends" with the ball.

How do you dominate without the ball? How is that possible??
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by funlord(m): 4:41pm On Apr 25, 2018
larride:

Let Iniesta go to his China jejely biko, he's now too slow to even have much impact anymore. We are not some retirement home. Let his go collect him pension for China.

Would be glad to be a Bench master who can change things from the sidelines? Supremely talented and would be a Big character in the dressing room? Still a quality player that is doing things in la Liga even at his age? Is ronaldo not 33/34 like him? Experienced to death? Complete professional? Would most definitely please our most important guy that plays in goal?

Well....wetin I dey see na things na wetin others no dey ever see on time! How much would his wages be? Are we not united? Wetin be wages for this sort of chap? I don talk my own....

2 Likes

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by larride(m): 4:44pm On Apr 25, 2018
funlord:

Would be glad to be a Bench master who can change things from the sidelines? Supremely talented and would be a Big character in the dressing room? Still a quality player that is doing things in la Liga even at his age? Is ronaldo not 33/34 like him? Experienced to death? Complete professional? Would most definitely please our most important guy that plays in goal?

Well....wetin I dey see na things na wetin others no dey ever see on time! How much would his wages be? Are with not united? Wetin be wages for this sort of chap? I don talk my own....

Forget whatever He might or might not offer us coming from the bench or not, even the board will not want to be seen as running a retirement home. Iniesta is past it, let him go collect him pension in China.

We don't need him.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by funlord(m): 4:47pm On Apr 25, 2018
Leyqute:

Abeg no mind funlord and his wahala. Bring Iniesta to come and do what?

So iniesta na otondo now? Did you read the gamut of reasons I have given for having that sort of supremely talented guy around this band of attacking players we currently have?

So you think he is not the sort of guy that can walk into any attacking position in any top team in europe and make an impact even from the bench....buy all your new players but was is exactly wrong with having someone like that as a spare part?
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by slimghost(m): 4:47pm On Apr 25, 2018
funlord:

Well....wetin I dey see na things na wetin others no dey ever see on time! How much would his wages be? Are with not united? Wetin be wages for this sort of chap? I don talk my own....

Apart from his age, he is not even a Mourinho type of player.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Leyqute(m): 4:48pm On Apr 25, 2018
larride:

That's 4 games out of more than 40 matches, what about the other matches? You are not going to add Southampton, Newcastle, West Brom, Burnley, Huddersfield, Leicester, Stoke?

You watch all our match this season and you could say it with a straight face that we are a reactive team? We don't set out to win, we just go look and applaude other teams as they play until we go a game down.

na wah 4 u o

You asked for matches in which we weren't dominant or were reactive and I mentioned a few. I could've listed more but those were the ones that came to mind.

The first game against Liverpool we weren't dominant. At the end of the match most of us felt as if we lost 2 points instead of gaining 1.

The City games we were reactive. Good thing it ended well in the second leg. Same for the Crystal Palace game. Burnley too?

See, I'm simply stating my observations. I don't know where you got this vision where I said the team doesn't want to win.

I'm not ready to be arguing with you over this issue. You've stated your position in an earlier post and I have my own opinion about things too.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by chrisley024(m): 4:51pm On Apr 25, 2018
larride:

We have played more than 40 matches this season, can you list the matches we were simply being reactive and not dominant
I'm actually trying to remember the games we've dominated recently,
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by funlord(m): 4:52pm On Apr 25, 2018
slimghost:

Apart from his age, he is not even a Mourinho type of player.

Iniesta is even the complete type of mourinho player....professional to the core...never late...never talks...gives 8 to 10 out of 10 every game and never drops below 6 over 10...no party or bullshit...no celeb _bitches...no drugs....never late to training...never beefs anyone...always participates in club duties.....always fit....?

Just trains and goes home and attends to his wine hustle...this one can even be mistaken for mourinhos son

1 Like

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by larride(m): 4:52pm On Apr 25, 2018
Leyqute:

na wah 4 u o

You asked for matches in which we weren't dominant or were reactive and I mentioned a few. I could've listed more but those were the ones that came to mind.

The first game against Liverpool we weren't dominant. At the end of the match most of us felt as if we lost 2 points instead of gaining 1.

The City games we were reactive. Good thing it ended well in the second leg. Same for the Crystal Palace game. Burnley too?

See, I'm simply stating my observations. I don't know where you got this vision where I said the team doesn't want to win.

I'm not ready to be arguing with you over this issue. You've stated your position in an earlier post and I have my own opinion about things too.

Sorry bro. I agree with you. we are a reactive team.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by larride(m): 4:53pm On Apr 25, 2018
chrisley024:
I'm actually trying to remember the games we've dominated recently,

I can't find any either. good luck.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Leyqute(m): 4:56pm On Apr 25, 2018
funlord:

So iniesta na otondo now? Did you read the gamut of reasons I have given for having that sort of supremely talented guy around this band of attacking players we currently have?

So you think he is not the sort of guy that can walk into any attacking position in any top team in europe and make an impact even from the bench....buy all your new players but was is exactly wrong with having someone like that as a spare part?

Are we signing him as a backroom staff or as an assistant coach?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by slimghost(m): 4:58pm On Apr 25, 2018
funlord:

Iniesta is even the complete type of mourinho player....professional to the core...never late...never talks...gives 8 to 10 out of 10 every game and never drops below 6 over 10...no party or bullshit...no celeb _bitches...no drugs....never late to training...never beefs anyone...always participates in club duties.....always fit....?

Just trains and goes home and attends to his wine hustle...this one can even be mistaken for mourinho son

I disagree bro. Mourinho likes defensive minded players and Iniesta is almost a liability defensively. Hope you remember what his quarrel with Hazard was?.
Mourinho likes mechanical and hard-working/defensive minded players from his attackers down to the defenders.

Offer the special scam Perisic, Mahrez and Salah today and I bet you be will still go for Perisic. He just likes hardworking players.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Leyqute(m): 4:59pm On Apr 25, 2018
larride:

Sorry bro. I agree with you. we are a reactive team.

I didn't say we are a reactive team but we were reactive in some games this season.

Why is that hard for you to grasp? Must everything be in black and white ?

Shora e o.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Leyqute(m): 5:00pm On Apr 25, 2018
funlord:

Just trains and goes home and attends to his wine hustle...this one can even be mistaken for mourinho son

E go chop bench taya. Better to sign him as a backroom staff, if possible.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by slimghost(m): 5:01pm On Apr 25, 2018
Leyqute:

na wah 4 u o

Stop wasting your time bro. Even a retarded fellow knows we are a reactionary team. Not everybody who writes epistles here actually knows jack about football.

1 Like

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by funlord(m): 5:03pm On Apr 25, 2018
slimghost:

I disagree bro. Mourinho likes defensive minded players and Iniesta is almost a liability defensively. Hope you remember what his quarrel with Hazard was?.
Mourinho likes mechanical and hard-working/defensive minded players from his attackers down to the defenders.

Lampard, hazard, willian and fabregas all had their best attacking seasons at chelsea under jose

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by slimghost(m): 5:05pm On Apr 25, 2018
funlord:

Lampard, hazard, willian and fabregas all had their best attacking seasons at chelsea under jose

Lampard and Willian are horses. Extremely hardworking players. Hazard,Mata, Salah and De Bruyne fell out with him. Can you please tell me why?
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by dubylhover(m): 5:05pm On Apr 25, 2018
grin wink Larride you need to know on this forum that mourinho can do no right,we win spurs here despite going a goal down, nobody says anything. If Liverpool or city has a good game, d criticism of mou which is sometimes unfair starts.. I'm just imagining scenes here if klopp eventually wins the ucl,we no go hear word here from manu fans o

So I'd advise you to just leave them because even if mou lifts d fa cup this season, the wailers would still wail, right now the only opinion that matters is the board and they decided to extend his contract because they can clearly see the improvement in numbers and if some fans can't see that, then that's too bad
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by larride(m): 5:06pm On Apr 25, 2018
Leyqute:

I didn't say we are a reactive team but we were reactive in some games this season.

Why is that hard for you to grasp? Must everything be in black and white ?

Shora e o.

Go back and see the quote I responded too, the guy actually claimed we are a reactive team. Go back and check.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by larride(m): 5:09pm On Apr 25, 2018
dubylhover:
grin wink Larride you need to know on this forum that mourinho can do no right,we win spurs here despite going a goal down, nobody says anything. If Liverpool or city has a good game, d criticism of mou which is sometimes unfair starts.. I'm just imagining scenes here if klopp eventually wins the ucl,we no go hear word here from manu fans o

So I'd advise you to just leave them because even if mou lifts d fa cup this season, the wailers would still wail, right now the only opinion that matters is the board and they decided to extend his contract because they can clearly see the improvement in numbers and if some fans can't see that, then that's too bad

There's nothing wrong to be critical of the team and the manager when they do Bleep up but when you turn every opportunity you get to wail and criticise the manager at every turn whether the manager deserves it or not, that's what I'm angry against.

Thanks for the advice Tho.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Leyqute(m): 5:12pm On Apr 25, 2018
Funlord

Maybe we should sign Iniesta to come and be training with the boys, seeing all the attributes you've listed. Uno aspa training assistant .
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by larride(m): 5:13pm On Apr 25, 2018
I'm sure Mou give some people sleepless night, long may it continue.

We win against Tot coming from a goal down, no one came here to say anything, in fact the thread was dry like Sahara desert. We actually know those who are praying for the team down fall so they can come on NL and scream I told you so 'Mou is a scam'.

You will never see them before any match where they analyse anything to input anything, when we win. they are heartbroken and cry themselves to sleep while hoping the team fail so they can come here to lament. We know them. we are here together.

Wailer.

10 Likes

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by larride(m): 5:16pm On Apr 25, 2018
Leyqute:
Funlord

Maybe we should sign Iniesta to come and be training with the boys, seeing all the attributes you've listed. Uno aspa training assistant .

Your friend Mr Ghost just indirectly called you slow for not knowing that we are a reactionary team. What do you say about that??

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by funlord(m): 5:19pm On Apr 25, 2018
Leyqute:
Funlord

Iniesta would bench most of the attacking midfield players at united but he would be a bench option at his age unless he comes and shows the sort of determination he is showing at barca till now...maybe you need to watch barcas last 5 games of the season since you've missed most of the other 33 games and watch their captain in particular!

I've made my point no matter how you choose to bend it. Having a hard core, experienced and talented professional like him on the bench and guiding our younger stars via training as well as attitude has no down side in my world!

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by slimghost(m): 5:26pm On Apr 25, 2018
For a clown here not to know that we have reacted in most games this season is really pitiable.
Even the spurs came was a reaction. We have always hailed the team spirit and doggedness whenever they react but that underlines what we have been crying about here.

The team is always setup to be extremely cautious and non-expressive. We only see their 'red eye' when they leak a goal or 2.

3 Likes

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by slimghost(m): 5:28pm On Apr 25, 2018
funlord:

Iniesta would bench most of the attacking midfield players at united but he would be a bench option at his age unless he comes and shows the sort of determination he is showing at barca till now...maybe you need to watch barcas last 5 games of the season since you've missed most of the other 33 games and watch their captain in particular!

I've made my point no matter how you choose to bend it. Having a hard core, experienced and talented professional like him on the bench and guiding our younger stars via training as well as attitude has no down side in my world!

I really don't have issues with Iniesta's talent. The only problems I have are his age and then Mourinho. But considering the fact that he is just 2 years older than Silva, we might just be able to get a temporal fix using him. But then, he won't achieve nada under Mourinho.

1 Like

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by eph12(m): 5:31pm On Apr 25, 2018
MrLouisVanGaal1:

Can you go gung-ho with ageing players like Valencia, young and a knob head like Smalling, a sicknote like jones and shaw, a snail like matic, a "not far away from a red card" herrra or an ill disciplined player like pogba behind the attacking players? I am not absolving Mourinho of blame for the make up of the team but there are somethings i can't expect now.
That's what you have been made to believe. All of a sudden those guys are better than our players. Who would have believed a defense consisting of Karius Robertson Arnold and Lovren will go gung-ho? Smalling is better than their best defender, except Van. Shaw has been around for a while but there must be something to criticize him about after 10 minutes. Thanks to Jose.

Look at those matches we had to dig in and stage a comeback, did Jose borrow players to go gung-ho? Milner that should be retired is the player that Klopp is using to go gung-ho. Pogba has lost his way. Jose is trying to be cautious instead of building a team. After two years which of these players can we say that they have formed a partnership or an understanding on the pitch? Can we point to two or three? Instead of Jose to urge his team forward he will be looking for Shaw to blame even when every other person here thought he had a good game.

There are no runners in the team, Jose saw that and went to buy Matic just because he was looking for quick fix. Now you're saying Matic is a snail like he was not before Jose went to buy him

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) ... (5515) (5516) (5517) (5518) (5519) (5520) (5521) ... (14158) (Reply)

Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021

Viewing this topic: ChristoBam and 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 72
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.