Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,462 members, 7,819,687 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 08:54 PM

Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion - European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) (5622) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) / Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion (8740139 Views)

Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 / Manchester United Fan Thread: Premier League Champions 2010/11 / Manchester United Fan thread: Forever Reds (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5619) (5620) (5621) (5622) (5623) (5624) (5625) ... (14151) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by chrisley024(m): 8:54pm On Jun 01, 2018
Lloris though
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by diadem10: 9:00pm On Jun 01, 2018
If we were to search through the known leagues for the necessary players, the likes of Epl, La liga, Bundes, Ligue 1, Serie A, Erediv, Portug Liga, and the championship would be the places at.

In the Epl, We have attainable players such Aldeweireld, Ramsey, Mahrez. Good players but there are better values out there for little money. For instance for all of Aldeweireld's talent, he's not good in the air which is bad for our team because of all our Cb, only Smalling is great in the air.

Ramsey is more or less a SS who ghost through the midfield and contributes nothing except goals these days hence we don't need.

Mahrez is a quality player to have in a team but Leicester's demand is likely to rip off our head and when you consider how his stock has reduced, we're better off.

In Ligue 1, most of the quality players resided in Psg while Monaco is already depleted. Moreover, I've discovered that most of the french midfielders lack awareness as playmakers and the main reason they are only good for box-box role. There are exceptions such as Jean Seri but his feets are allergic to cold weathers. Nabi Fekir is not even a playmaker but just a goalscoring midfielder, similar to Ramsey. Lemar had a poor season.

In LaLiga, Real madrid, Barca and Atletico hoard most of the talents. I would love to have Ceballos but Madrid would rather send him to Barca's academy than to us. Kovacic is another although I feel something strange about him, he doesn't look fluid in midfield to me despite his lovely technique and Madrid won't even sell. Koke is another but the idiot loves Atletico more than life itself. Besides, I have problem with spanish players due to the fact they always love to go back home, especially when any of the spanish giants are interested in them. Their clubs would have just wasted the effort developing them.

In Serie a, I would love to snatch Pjanic off Juve but Juve's demand isn't worth it. Juve's LB, Sandro had a poor season. There's Savic who's just another Pogba, I don't even know what people see in him that will complement his 'dopplelanger' in our midfield.

We have Jorginho whose passing range is underwhelming for me. His anticipation as a no 6 is not the best for me too. Apart from these, he's quite good as a playmaking no 6.

In Bundesliga, there's Goretzka, a quality player who's been snatched by Bayern. Keita already signed for Liverpool. Weigl had a poor season and I don't even think he can cope in the Epl.

There's Meyer who's got quality technique on the ball but offers little in the midfield. He's looked good when moved to a no 6 role but still offers little e.g his passing range and incisive passes need to be better but apart from these, he looks fluid in the role. Frosberg is another player, he's more of an attacking midfielder though.

In Portugese Liga, I can only vouch for Oliver Torres and Ricardo Peirerra. Perreira has everything to be a fantastic fullback but he's positional suspect, similar to Marcelo but not yet as good.

Oliver has had a tough season under Porto's coach who prefers a brute in the midfield unlike the previous coach who built Porto team around Oliver when he was on loan at Porto and he did flourish as Porto's playmaker that year. Anyway, There's no use signing him because those Spanish mofos will always come knocking after ''the food don done''.

In Eredi, we have many talents but those that caught my eyes are Van de beek, De Jong, de Ligt, Ziyech, Kluivert.
Ziyech is one player I will try to avoid. He plays like Pogba but with Depay's technique on the ball. He always loves to force play and sometimes he gets it right but not for me. Kluivert has just started his life and his game lacks some maturity in it.

Everyone knows De ligt already. He's got everything to be worldclass, if he's not already. If Davison Sanchez who wasn't as good as de Ligt when they were centre back duo at Ajax could slot seamlessly at Spurs, I don't see why the more superior de Ligt can't. Forget his age, his game has every maturity in it.

Van de beek can play both as no 6 and no 8 but his best game has always been in the no 6 role. His awareness and movement are top notch. The fact that he's always ahead the play, that is, knows what to do with the ball before he gets it is one reason I want him here. His positional discipline, anticipation and ability to switch play are another lovely attributes of his. He's the total package for me as a no 6 because unlike Ruben Neves, de beek's great in the air, more defensively sound and more mobile as a no 6. What more? He's a goal scoring midfielder and direct/indirect set piece taker.

Frenkie de Jong plays both no 6 and centre back roles but I feel the centre back fits him better. He's still recuperating from his injury though.

In the championship, I can vouch for Grealish, Maddison, Ruben Neves and Diogo Jota. Grealish is a fantastic playmaking no 8. Maddison is more of an attacking midfielder but can play as 8 too. Jota is a quality forward.

13 Likes 1 Share

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Leyqute(m): 9:23pm On Jun 01, 2018
Mourinho come and see international agent scout gaddemit angry

8 Likes

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by kelvinze(m): 9:23pm On Jun 01, 2018
See Epistle..... cheesy

5 Likes

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by neezar: 9:24pm On Jun 01, 2018
this report don pass final year project

ur supervisor na strong man cheesy cheesy

6 Likes

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Lana1(m): 9:28pm On Jun 01, 2018
grin cheesy
Nairaland Scouts. Bigkesh and his Agbowo scouts got nothing on you.

Abeg crazypencils20 shey form still dey??
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by crazypencils20: 9:34pm On Jun 01, 2018
Bia nnwokem diadem10, where were you when scout recruitment was ongoing? undecided
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by crazypencils20: 9:36pm On Jun 01, 2018
Lana1:
grin cheesy
Nairaland Scouts. Bigkesh and his Agbowo scouts got nothing on you.

Abeg crazypencils20 shey form still dey??

Form don finish embarassed but I will whisper in Woodward's ear and see if I can make something happen.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by crazypencils20: 9:37pm On Jun 01, 2018
diadem10:
If we were to search through the known leagues for the necessary players, the likes of Epl, La liga, Bundes, Ligue 1, Serie A, Erediv, Portug Liga, and the championship would be the places at.

In the Epl, We have attainable players such Aldeweireld, Ramsey, Mahrez. Good players but there are better values out there for little money. For instance for all of Aldeweireld's talent, he's not good in the air which is bad for our team because of all our Cb, only Smalling is great in the air.

Ramsey is more or less a SS who ghost through the midfield and contributes nothing except goals these days hence we don't need.

Mahrez is a quality player to have in a team but Leicester's demand is likely to rip off our head and when you consider how his stock has reduced, we're better off.

In Ligue 1, most of the quality players resided in Psg while Monaco is already depleted. Moreover, I've discovered that most of the french midfielders lack awareness as playmakers and the main reason they are only good for box-box role. There are exceptions such as Jean Seri but his feets are allergic to cold weathers. Nabi Fekir is not even a playmaker but just a goalscoring midfielder, similar to Ramsey. Lemar had a poor season.

In LaLiga, Real madrid, Barca and Atletico hoard most of the talents. I would love to have Ceballos but Madrid would rather send him to Barca's academy than to us. Kovacic is another although I feel something strange about him, he doesn't look fluid in midfield to me despite his lovely technique and Madrid won't even sell. Koke is another but the idiot loves Atletico more than life itself. Besides, I have problem with spanish players due to the fact they always love to go back home, especially when any of the spanish giants are interested in them. Their clubs would have just wasted the effort developing them.

In Serie a, I would love to snatch Pjanic off Juve but Juve's demand isn't worth it. Juve's LB, Sandro had a poor season. There's Savic who's just another Pogba, I don't even know what people see in him that will complement his 'dopplelanger' in our midfield.

We have Jorginho whose passing range is underwhelming for me. His anticipation as a no 6 is not the best for me too. Apart from these, he's quite good as a playmaking no 6.

In Bundesliga, there's Goretzka, a quality player who's been snatched by Bayern. Keita already signed for Liverpool. Weigl had a poor season and I don't even think he can cope in the Epl.

There's Meyer who's got quality technique on the ball but offers little in the midfield. He's looked good when moved to a no 6 role but still offers little e.g his passing range and incisive passes need to be better but apart from these, he looks fluid in the role. Frosberg is another player, he's more of an attacking midfielder though.

In Portugese Liga, I can only vouch for Oliver Torres and Ricardo Peirerra. Perreira has everything to be a fantastic fullback but he's positional suspect, similar to Marcelo but not yet as good.

Oliver has had a tough season under Porto's coach who prefers a brute in the midfield unlike the previous coach who built Porto team around Oliver when he was on loan at Porto and he did flourish as Porto's playmaker that year. Anyway, There's no use signing him because those Spanish mofos will always come knocking after ''the food don done''.

In Eredi, we have many talents but those that caught my eyes are Van de beek, De Jong, de Ligt, Ziyech, Kluivert.
Ziyech is one player I will try to avoid. He plays like Pogba but with Depay's technique on the ball. He always loves to force play and sometimes he gets it right but not for me. Kluivert has just started his life and his game lacks some maturity in it.

Everyone knows De ligt already. He's got everything to be worldclass, if he's not already. If Davison Sanchez who wasn't as good as de Ligt when they were centre back duo at Ajax could slot seamlessly at Spurs, I don't see why the more superior de Ligt can't. Forget his age, his game has every maturity in it.

Van de beek can play both as no 6 and no 8 but his best game has always been in the no 6 role. His awareness and movement are top notch. The fact that he's always ahead the play, that is, knows what to do with the ball before he gets it is one reason I want him here. His positional discipline, anticipation and ability to switch play are another lovely attributes of his. He's the total package for me as a no 6 because unlike Ruben Neves, de beek's great in the air, more defensively sound and more mobile as a no 6. What more? He's a goal scoring midfielder and direct/indirect set piece taker.

Frenkie de Jong plays both no 6 and centre back roles but I feel the centre back fits him better. He's still recuperating from his injury though.

In the championship, I can vouch for Grealish, Maddison, Ruben Neves and Diogo Jota. Grealish is a fantastic playmaking no 8. Maddison is more of an attacking midfielder but can play as 8 too. Jota is a quality forward.

Scout like this dey and man United want to end up with gal gadot and fred amata angry
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Nobody: 9:40pm On Jun 01, 2018
Wow.. didn't read it but kudos for the effort.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Lana1(m): 9:43pm On Jun 01, 2018
GloryIsaac:
grin grin grin
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by neezar: 9:45pm On Jun 01, 2018
if u read it

ahbeg summarise

meanwhile the news of fred amata joining us have died down...The club mustn't be ridiculed ahbeg....I even saw a post of arnautovic joining us kwa??undecided
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by elrony(m): 9:46pm On Jun 01, 2018
GloryIsaac:

grin grin grin grin
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by crazypencils20: 9:50pm On Jun 01, 2018
GloryIsaac:

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Nobody: 10:02pm On Jun 01, 2018
For this, i'll read it later smiley
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Leyqute(m): 10:33pm On Jun 01, 2018
diadem10:

The only players you suggested we go for (without buts) are De Ligt and vdBeek. But the positions they play are already crowded.

Who do you think we will get and can solve our LB, LR and RW problems?
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by diadem10: 11:02pm On Jun 01, 2018
crazypencils20:

Scout like this dey and man United want to end up with gal gadot and fred amata angry
I be armchair scout nah grin.

But seriously, I feel the first thing to look out in a player if the said player can do his job well, that is, a striker should be able to finish well, a midfielder to be vision wise and creative, a defender to be able defend.

After this, is his techniques, especially his close control and first touch because these 2 attribute are what could prevent him from doing his job well even if he's quite good at it, a case study is Lukaku.

Lastly, his intelligence and awareness of space which will likely dictate his movement, anticipation and positional discipline especially when the said player is a midfielder.

If you don't have these three, I won't even look at you. That's why I find something off about Kovacic and I can't even pinpoint it but his movement doesn't look fluid to me. I even feel he's better as a defensive midfielder, not the playmaking no 6 though.

1 Like

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by crazypencils20: 11:06pm On Jun 01, 2018
Leyqute:

The only players you suggested we go for (without buts) are De Ligt and vdBeek. But the positions they play are already crowded.

Who asked you to interview my scout? sad angry
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by diadem10: 11:26pm On Jun 01, 2018
Leyqute:

I feel we need to upgrade on Matic and all our centrebacks.

From what I've seen from de ligt's performance for both the dutch national team and Ajax, he's better than all our cb. He's aerial adept as Smalling but better on the ball and reads the game better than anyone in our squad. He's even good at organising the defence. What else do we need from a cb? And Van de beek would offer more than the static uncreative Matic in the no 6.

As for Rb, I would go for Ricardo Perreira but like I said earlier, he's positional suspect at times. I know little about Diogo darlot though but I learnt he can play both fullback role and if Mourinho thinks he's good enough, why not?

I was looking at Alex Sandro for the Lb position but the fecker had a poor season. Atletico's Lb, Hernandez would be the best shout but Atletico would reap our head off with their demand but my consolation is he's no spainard, so he's worth going in for.

Lastly, we would need a playmaking no 8 to complement Pogba in midfield and I will suggest Villa's Grealish. As for the RW, I will also suggest Norwich's Maddison. He's an attacking midfielder but can play on the wing as well as in the central midfield. Very stylish intelligent visionary player that we shouldn't miss out on. I'm even hoping he would step into Pogba's role when he finally fvck off to Madrid.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Skimpledawg(m): 11:42pm On Jun 01, 2018
GloryIsaac:

Prophet, how's the ministry? cheesy
We are blazing boss!

The devil won't know what hit him tongue

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by eph12(m): 12:18am On Jun 02, 2018
Skimpledawg:

We are blazing boss!

The devil won't know what hit him tongue
And your club is in disarray?

8 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by patrickmuf(m): 12:28am On Jun 02, 2018
Cadec007:
I supported you until you mentioned lingard among the average players........ He is the son of Wembley, av+ is better than just av. Right now lingard is one of our hardworking players.
Hardworking players? Look, forming activity on the pitch isn't hard work, he is clueless on the ball as he most times runs into opposition players because he doesn't know what to do with the ball.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by ChristineC: 12:56am On Jun 02, 2018
diadem10:

From what I've seen from de ligt's performance for both the dutch national team and Ajax, he's better than all our cb. He's aerial adept as Smalling but better on the ball and reads the game better than anyone in our squad. He's even good at organising the defence. What else do we need from a cb? And Van de beek would offer more than the static uncreative Matic in the no 6.

As for Rb, I would go for Ricardo Perreira but like I said earlier, he's positional suspect at times. I know little about Diogo darlot though but I learnt he can play both fullback role and if Mourinho thinks he's good enough, why not?

I was looking at Alex Sandro for the Lb position but the fecker had a poor season. Atletico's Lb, Hernandez would be the best shout but Atletico would reap our head off with their demand but my consolation is he's no spainard, so he's worth going in for.

Lastly, we would need a playmaking no 8 to complement Pogba in midfield and I will suggest Villa's Grealish. As for the RW, I will also suggest Norwich's Maddison. He's an attacking midfielder but can play on the wing as well as in the central midfield. Very stylish intelligent visionary player that we shouldn't miss out on. I'm even hoping he would step into Pogba's role when he finally fvck off to Madrid.
you mean you were keeping close tabs on all these players you are mentioning?

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by sample09: 1:04am On Jun 02, 2018
diadem10:

[size=19pt]I HAIL YOU OOO. ABEG APPLY FOR SCOUT FOR MAN U OR NIGERIA
ABI MAKE I HELP YOU GET MOURINHO CONTACT
[/size]
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Leyqute(m): 7:36am On Jun 02, 2018
diadem10:

I'm skeptical about players from Netherlands. Daley Blind and Memphis Depay created a lot of space for doubt.

Did you watch Hernandez yesterday against Italy?
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by sod09(m): 7:36am On Jun 02, 2018
GloryIsaac:
bloody scummy I read it and if you lots are to go by his epistle..
No players for manure fc grin
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Leyqute(m): 7:52am On Jun 02, 2018
crazypencils20:

Who asked you to interview my scout? sad angry

LoooL. How is he your scout?
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by diadem10: 8:33am On Jun 02, 2018
Leyqute:

I'm skeptical about players from Netherlands. Daley Blind and Memphis Depay created a lot of space for doubt.

Did you watch Hernandez yesterday against Italy?

Eriksen, Davison, Aldeweireld, Vertoghen, Djik were all from Ajax.

Personally, I never wanted Depay here. He's a good player with lovely finishing but he lacks that extra agility and close control to work as a winger in epl. Moreover, he was more or less a poor's man Madrid's Cristiano in Erediv, that is an inverted forward, not a winger. I could even say Cristiano has more agility than the fecker who kept on bulking up on his useless short body. That was why I was up for trying him as a striker because his off the ball movement is one of the best and he's not the kind of player that flail around like a pussy when brushed by defenders unlike Cristiano who prefers to be a shadow striker while a leading striker takes the brunt for him. If Depay continues to evolve as a striker, I won't mind him coming back.

Blind was a utility player at Ajax and was nothing special. we all knew he was coming here to give us a decent job pending the time a worldclass player would replace him. Even Van gaal preferred him in the defence either as Lb or Cb both here and at the worldcup which means he's not good enough for the midfield role. His ability to evade pressure when marked is quite questionable, so his awareness of space, Carrick has better awareness but lacks same agility as Blind.

Vande beek on the other hand has no problem with evading pressure and his awareness is one of the best. He's also great in the air.

I didn't watch Lucas Hernandez yesterday but I've always been a fan. I even thought he was the same Hernandez Madrid signed at Madrid and was even envious of them until I realised he wasn't. I had to even make mockery of them and I think Yonce told me Madrid's Hernandez is Atletico's Lucas' bro. It doesn't make him as talented as his bro though. Lol
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by diadem10: 8:44am On Jun 02, 2018
ChristineC:
you mean you were keeping close tabs on all these players you are mentioning?
grin. Lol. Watched some though and some of their highlight touches against a particular opponent (not compilation highlights). And in the playoff, Beek was Ajax's best player, playing as no 6 in all of their Champion league playoff unfortunately they didn't qualify.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Skimpledawg(m): 9:12am On Jun 02, 2018
eph12:

And your club is in disarray?
Happy New Month to You and Your Family Oh ye scummite tongue

Shalom.

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by eph12(m): 9:57am On Jun 02, 2018
Skimpledawg:

Happy New Month to You and Your Family Oh ye scummite tongue

Shalom.
cheesy cheesy cheesy
Happy new month to you too Prophet shekpeteri
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Skimpledawg(m): 10:07am On Jun 02, 2018
eph12:

cheesy cheesy cheesy
Happy new month to you too Prophet shekpeteri
Kneel down lemme impart fresh anointing on your life..

Larride and leyqute join him grin

1 Like 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) ... (5619) (5620) (5621) (5622) (5623) (5624) (5625) ... (14151) (Reply)

Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021

Viewing this topic: iykmora(m), Segedinho(m), Neimarjr, Dantedasz(m), afrodoc2, Demolz, Lavoca, Freeopod(m), Sportsweb, PendragonVII, Chasicolis(f), TrebleChamp(m), fyinka47(m), Unlimited22, kizolo(m), sukhothai, Itsrm(m), stephennel(m), larride(m), AdisaOwala, Ellexy, Singapore1(m) and 11 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 110
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.